• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
[NaK];122335651 said:
I was expecting a PS3 game with better resolution, higher textures and a better framerate.
Which is precisely what I got with the actual game, and I love it.

I've spoken to quite a lot of people the last couple of days though, who thought that the game would look better.
/ It's not exactly what we probably can expect from Uncharted 4, but it looks great.

How is the framerate so far?

[NaK];122335651 said:
I was expecting a PS3 game with better resolution, higher textures and a better framerate.

I've spoken to quite a lot of people the last couple of days though, who thought that the game would look better.

That's because some people completely ignored (or simply didn't know of) the list of improvements that ND gave us. People have been expecting a remake, instead of a remaster of a PS3 title.

This has already been said, but obviously you can't see 60fps in a screenshot, the moment people play it for themselves and see how smooth it is, I think it's going to be jarring (in a good way).

How has the framerate been for you so far? Any noticeable drops?

Gurish

[NaK];122335651 said:

/ It's not exactly what we probably can expect from Uncharted 4, but it looks great.

But these pictures looks awesome, IQ is wonderful, what were they expecting? a remake?

I don't think that TR:DE looks better, but that's me.

Evil Beaver

The Last Of Us: remastered |OT|
Now With More Starch.

q0aukgh.jpg

Kaze2212

But these pictures looks awesome, IQ is wonderful, what were they expecting? a remake?

I don't think that TR:DE looks better, but that's me.

I think comparing those two, I think both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Some things look better in TR:DE and some in TLOU:R(only based on the screenshots).

So for me they are both about equal. But I can't really judge before I have played TLOU:R for myself. (7 more days for me :C )

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Glad we're finally getting shots outside of Boston. Improvements are much more obvious when you get the longer views, water, and foliage mixed in.

murgo

There's grass clipping through the car in the second shot. They call this a remaster? What a joke... preorder cancelled.

I'm joking of course. It looks lovely!

GavinUK86

There's grass clipping through the car in the second shot. They call this a remaster? What a joke... preorder cancelled.

I'm joking of course. It looks lovely!

Even new hardware can't fix clipping. It's been plaguing gaming since the 90's lol.

Gurish

So preeeety.

I know it's not a remake but the art style at last can really shines through with the improved IQ, it really is how the game was meant to be and i feel sorry for playing it on my chocking PS3 :(

Vashetti

Banned
Those screenshots hnngggg

Though I won't lie, I'm disappointed they tried to pass those bullshots off the other day as actual screenshots.

-griffy-

Banned
Does the foliage move in this?

Well what do you mean does the foliage "move?" Like, does it have deformable physics and move when you toss a grenade or shoot through it? Because it definitely doesn't do that. But it's not just static, it is animated like you would expect most games to have, like it's blowing in the breeze.

Lame. That's what next gen means to me.
This isn't a next gen game, it's a remaster of a PS3 game. The game is identical. The assets are identical, they have simply been uprezzed where possible.

KOHIPEET

I don't know...I'll probably be along with this but I don't like the game's new looks. It's too crisp, this high resolution just brings out all the low quality models (especially the scenery), it feels it just does not have any post processing going on.

I guess I have to wait till U4 to see some magic from Naughty Dog.... :(

icespide

Banned
Well what do you mean does the foliage "move?" Like, does it have deformable physics and move when you toss a grenade or shoot through it? Because it definitely doesn't do that. But it's not just static, it is animated like you would expect most games to have, like it's blowing in the breeze.

This isn't a next gen game, it's a remaster of a PS3 game. The game is identical. The assets are identical, they have simply been uprezzed where possible.

pretty sure he's joking :p

Anung

Un Rama

Tomb Raider PS4/XB1 implemented moving foliage.

it does in the Uncharted 4 trailer though. looks like they didn't add anything to the graphics at all.

You're either trolling, or haven't played the PS3 version in a while. There are blatant improvements to texture quality, anisotropic filtering, shadows and character models. Not to mention the resolution and AA.

Gurish

I don't know...I'll probably be along with this but I don't like the game's new looks. It's too crisp, this high resolution just brings out all the low quality models (especially the scenery), it feels it just does not have any post processing going on.

I guess I have to wait till U4 to see some magic from Naughty Dog.... :(

The problem with the PS3 version was that the low res full of jaggies and blurry textures IQ ruined the scenery and all the assets, now you can actually see how the game was supposed to look, If you don't like that than i guess the PS3 version was only worse.

There is no scenario that the PS3 version looked somehow better with its horrible IQ, please don't tell me you think that.

kaskade

I really can't get over how good the character models are. They're stunning. I remember thinking about how good they were on the PS3 version.

Top Bottom