• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of watching the Knights of Sidonia anime.... Worth it? Or should I just go read the manga?

If you like really bad CG and a cast of emotionless characters and a horrible fps, and a shitty attempt at mixing harem goof troop fun with a seinen-like tone then go ahead. I'd say if you absolutely have to read/watch it, then read it.

If you like really bad CG and a cast of emotionless characters and a horrible fps, and a shitty attempt at mixing harem goof troop fun with a seinen-like tone then go ahead. I'd say if you absolutely have to read/watch it, then read it.

I'll check out the manga and see how I like it, then. If I end up liking it, I don't want to hit a roadblock because the anime hasn't gotten as far as the manga.

Either way I'd go with the manga and then move on to superior Nihei series.

Are you talking about Blame or Biomega?

Yeah I've tried to like it, it's not doing it for me. I wouldn't mind the show if it solely focused on Doctor Batman but there's so many fucking episodes focused on the annoying kid and the older style cartoony cast of light hearted characters (the dog looks like scooby doo) that I'm not enjoying it. Give me your list of favorite anime (maybe top 10 or 15) and I'll see what I haven't seen from that.

And yes I've already watched Eureka 7, don't need to remind myself how much I hate wimpy protagonists with Renton. I'm having enough with Tokyo Ghoul kid.

About Tokyo Ghoul kid your opinion of him will change in time.

Elfen Lied 08

DFGQifo.png

Seriously fuck this show. We get dialogue gems like the one above but then the sick fuckers who wrote this show decide to have children beat a dog to death to be edgy. Never have I finished an episode of anime where I have been so angry to what I had just witnessed. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

xh7nqeF.png

My face during this episode.

Yeah I've tried to like it, it's not doing it for me. I wouldn't mind the show if it solely focused on Doctor Batman but there's so many fucking episodes focused on the annoying kid and the older style cartoony cast of light hearted characters (the dog looks like scooby doo) that I'm not enjoying it. Give me your list of favorite anime (maybe top 10 or 15) and I'll see what I haven't seen from that.

And yes I've already watched Eureka 7, don't need to remind myself how much I hate wimpy protagonists with Renton. I'm having enough with Tokyo Ghoul kid.

Well, let's see here. Looking at my list you've either already seen most of the stuff I've watched or will not watch it. From what I've gotten from it there's these two which I'm not sure if you saw or not.

There's Kino's Journey. 13 episodes. Top tier stuff.

There's also Gunbuster. 6 episode OVA. An all time classic when it comes to mecha.

All I've got for now, but I'll see what else I can find. If I had to choose which one you should check out first, I'd go with Gunbuster since it's shorter.

Well, let's see here. Looking at my list you've either already seen most of the stuff I've watched or will not watch it. From what I've gotten from it there's these two which I'm not sure if you saw or not.

There's Kino's Journey. 13 episodes. Top tier stuff.

There's also Gunbuster. 6 episode OVA. An all time classic when it comes to mecha.

All I've got for now, but I'll see what else I can find. If I had to choose which one you should check out first, I'd go with Gunbuster since it's shorter.

Well I've been meaning to watch Kino's Journey, might as well watch it with the watch bet.

Soma

Also yeah Tokyo Ghoul is a definite case of just read the manga.

Art is a lot better, no silly censorship, story flows better and while it's still grimdark as hell, it's nice to see Kaneki's transformation from wimpy protag to this (manga spoilerz)

Elfen Lied 08

Seriously fuck this show. We get dialogue gems like the one above but then the sick fuckers who wrote this show decide to have children beat a dog to death to be edgy. Never have I finished an episode of anime where I have been so angry to what I had just witnessed. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

I didn't enjoy that series at all. It just gets worse and worse the further you go with it. And none of the gore or violence really makes sense.

The dog?
:eek:
Was it like evil or something?

We got dog killers in this thread! Watch out woofdawg!
The kids are written as the bullies for the poor pink haired protag. They find out she has an innocent puppy and think it's a good idea to beat it to death so they can tease her. Seriously, who the fuck thinks children would actually do that?

Lurky

We got dog killers in this thread! Watch out woofdawg!
The kids are written as the bullies for the poor pink haired protag. They find out she has an innocent puppy and think it's a good idea to beat it to death so they can tease her. Seriously, who the fuck thinks children would actually do that?

Shit dude I completely purged my mind of that. And for good reason too! >=[

Shergal

Is Jexhius actually going to watch Doremi? Because I'd pick it up if he does.

I was thinking of watching Doremi, I'm wanting some character-focused long-form storytelling and Heidi seems like it's gonna take decades to become fully available at this point. Maybe there's more people interested and we could turn this into Doremi-gaf for a while

Also yeah Tokyo Ghoul is a definite case of just read the manga.

Art is a lot better, no silly censorship, story flows better and while it's still grimdark as hell, it's nice to see Kaneki's transformation from wimpy protag to this (manga spoilerz)

Hmmm. I'll see how the animation on the battle scenes is handled in the show. The trailer made it seem like it'd be some sweet action, plus I am genuinely enjoying the anime (for the wrong reasons) until then. So I guess it's a case of waiting to see. Worst comes to worst I can always read the manga.

Crocodile

tumblr_n86umkjyzx1rm4wgqo2_1280_by_leseanthomas-d7q6472.jpg

On the left is LeSean Thomas, Director and Producer of Black Dynamite (on Adult Swim) amongst other things. Do y'all recognize the man on the right? Why it's none other than
Hiroyuki Imaishi
. Never knew what he looked like until now. This is a pic of them together in Japan (exactly where is unclear). Apparently they are working together on something that will be revealed in the coming months.

Trivia - Apparently
Panty & Stocking
was influenced by
Drawn Together
. A connection I wasn't aware of but I guess its unsurprising given the subject mater of both.

Mature

On the left is LeSean Thomas, Director and Producer of Black Dynamite (on Adult Swim) amongst other things. Do y'all recognize the man on the right? Why it's none other than
Hiroyuki Imaishi
. Never knew what he looked like until now. This is a pic of them together in Japan (exactly where is unclear). Apparently they are working together on something that will be revealed in the coming months.

Trivia - Apparently
Panty & Stocking
was influenced by
Drawn Together
. A connection I wasn't aware of but I guess its unsurprising given the subject mater of both.
I've seen this pop up a few places, but I've never seen a source. Do you have one?

So I'm not the only one that hated P&S?
I see more negative than positive whenever it's brought up. But we know how that goes.

Jarmel

Banned

Hiroyuki Imaishi

When was that ever mentioned? We know Imaishi went to the studio and screwed around a bit but I never heard anything mentioning a project coming out of it.

SAO 2 - Ep 4

Man Kirito kun is good at everything. Best hero, best booyfriend, hes even a better girl than other girl characters in this show

4 Eps in, this is some boring ass stuff. At least S1 had some truly awful stuff that was still entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom