• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
btw Kentucky Route 0 Act III keeps racing in my mind man. I want the remaining acts NOW, and then I want to replay the entire thing

Yeah, I keep thinking back to it and trying to piece together some of the things I might not have picked up on before. Xanadu is referring to several things, but one of them I was unaware of was the long abandoned hypertext protocol that finally saw public release in 2014 after having been developed as early as the 70s. The public demo is pretty trippy.

I don't care how long I have to wait for the final 2 episodes. Episode 3 proves that they will use that time very wisely.

Beelzebubs

Need this on Steam!!

thanos-marvel-super-heroes.png

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Is PayPal easy to use with Steam?

I have not used PayPal in years, but I am starting to add funds to it for online purchasing and such. Basically "fun" money.

No idea how to link PayPal to steam though.

Or do I need to have a PayPal credit card? (Isn't there a monthly fee for those?).

I have a fully verified PayPal account, with link to my bank and credit/debit cards.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Is PayPal easy to use with Steam?

I have not used PayPal in years, but I am starting to add funds to it for online purchasing and such. Basically "fun" money.

No idea how to link PayPal to steam though.

Or do I need to have a PayPal credit card? (Isn't there a monthly fee for those?).

I have a fully verified PayPal account, with link to my bank and credit/debit cards.

It will redirect you to log in with your paypal account, just like other sites that use it. Pretty simple!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
It's pretty hard waiting for Kentucky Route Zero to be finished to play it :<

Seriously, you have no idea how special this thing is. Even though it must be painful, I'd recommend waiting. Limbo time in-between acts is the worst.

Yeah, I keep thinking back to it and trying to piece together some of the things I might not have picked up on before. Xanadu is referring to several things, but one of them I was unaware of was the long abandoned hypertext protocol that finally saw public release in 2014 after having been developed as early as the 70s. The public demo is pretty trippy.

I don't care how long I have to wait for the final 2 episodes. Episode 3 proves that they will use that time very wisely.

Wow, that's very cool. Thanks for posting this.

Shadownet

Banned
Is there any plans for TiTs to be compatible with controller?

I find it weird that left mouse click is cancel while right is confirm. And you can't switch it.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
It will redirect you to log in with your paypal account, just like other sites that use it. Pretty simple!

Not to be dense here...

But can I add PayPal as a permanent payment method for Steam? Or do I have to choose PayPal each time manually?

I do not see it as ad option in payment methods.

Double

dudette you mean, it's a girl :3

and you also did it totally hardcore
wrong
look how it's done the right way, I also tried to do it like you before though lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzdxX4-9j9U
lol WTF. Now I feel incredibly stupid and proud at the same time.

My God that section easily counted for 70% of my deaths >_<

Apart from that I felt it was ok with the keyboard though.
Fair point, the Rest was okay, yeah.

Parsnip

Absolution really did have some considerable improvements even over Blood Money, but the disguise system was just too borked, some of the more scripted/actiony sequences were too frequent and the linear segments were too frequent with too few traditional levels to capture the appeal of Blood Money.

Would be a markedly better game if the disguise system was fixed. The idea of making them less than 100 percent reliable is great; there were situations in Blood Money that, because of how perfect disguises were, were less intense than they should be.

Having just anyone who's wearing the same outfit as you become suspicious is dumb though — it does make parts of the game challenging, but in a way that doesn't make sense. If a game feature disguises so prominently and has relatively smaller scale levels with finite number of NPCs, it's not unreasonable to create a network of NPCs that know one another in each level. Chinatown chefs who don't even know there's an assassin prowling around shouldn't be suspicious enough of an unrecognizable chef to interrogate that person, let alone suspicious enough to sound an alarm. On the flipside, a small police strike force should know one another better and be harder to fool.

Expanding on ways to blend in (and not tying it to the "instinct" meter) would be much better. Same-clothes NPCs would become suspicious of you unless you were actively doing a non-suspicious gesture (scratching face, looking through pamphlets, Etc.) and there were times where I was surrounded and essentially trapped at a stove pretending to cook, since if I stepped away from it, people would immediately get irreversibly suspicious (on a harder difficulty) and non-suspicious actions outside of certain locations costs instinct that doesn't regenerate on harder difficulties. Having certain disguises require specific series of actions to be non-suspicious would be good, e.g. chefs only have to periodically cook, or be seen near cooking stations to be non-suspicious. Getting a limited number of chances to make up an excuse for suspicious behavior for a single NPC would be nice too — in absolution, having someone come up to you to question you only has two ways to escape.

The game recognizing disguises with masks or helmets would help make that aspect of the game seem more fair too. in short, there's no good reason for this game to have so many flaws and incongruities with one its most prominent aspects of gameplay. I still give the game a bit of a pass because I appreciate how IO was willing to introduce non-traditional situations to the game (being hunted by other assassins/cops), I just think those segments don't require the level of scripting and linearity Absolution had in order to be fun/challenging.
I like this post.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Not to be dense here...

But can I add PayPal as a permanent payment method for Steam? Or do I have to choose PayPal each time manually?

I do not see it as ad option in payment methods.

I am not sure, actually. Mine defaults to my card but every time I check out I can just hit "change" and switch it to Paypal with a few clicks.

Lain

I don't even know who Thanos is. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

He's the best character in Marvel comics as far as I'm concerned. Fuck everyone else, it's all about Thanos and his love for Death.

Is there any plans for TiTs to be compatible with controller?

I find it weird that left mouse click is cancel while right is confirm. And you can't switch it.

You can switch it, just use the configuration tool (you get the option to choose to start the game or start the config tool when you click on play from the client).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ferrio, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ferrio, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crypt of the Necrodancer -- MB-0BC232273583AC5C - Taken by fokkusu. 76 entrants total.

t1406847862z1.png

tylerf

Checked steam and see 2 more foil drops. Wow! Oh wait.... both of them are worth 20 cents just like the last one. Okay then.

MRORANGE

Humble bundle updated it's bundle for the week:

- Velocity Ultra
- Cosmic DJ
- QUBE
- The Last Federation

In recent news Steam Controller might get a DPAD.

MRORANGE said:
Lovely Planet looks cool

[IM]http://i.minus.com/ibomamTRKUPU2v.gif[/IMG]

Indeed, it's a great price for the game, plus the soundtrack is on bandcamp if I recall.

Here are my thoughts on Sleeping Dogs:

Sleeping Dogs is probably going to be my favourite game this year. It’s hard to imagine why Activision wanted to scrap this game as it really excels well as a sandbox game and has refined how we see the genre altogether.

The story is amazing and can hold its own compared to Mafia 2 / GTA4. The combat is great, as well as movement; it’s very responsive compared to GTA4. Car’s are slightly arcade-ish to handle - but considering you can hijack cars and do slow motion shoot-outs it works out pretty well.

Overall Sleeping Dogs is a love letter to Hong Kong cinema; I’ve been mesmerized by its tiny immaculate detail which gives this game so much charisma and charm. Truly one the great gems of this generation.

On a last note, the PC version is just amazing, advance PC options and day 1 HD textures really show that United Front is committed to the PC. Listening to Ninja Tune radio while driving a motorbike down a wet and rainy neon lit sky is just pure bliss.

MRORANGE

WOW! new thread!!!!!!!! gotta post something!

Man this thread moves so fast!!!

Finally did it:

man71qR.jpg

rDsY0fW.gif

here's my damage list:

cDnxluA.jpg

What have you bought recently?

MRORANGE said:

I love this game! everyone should play this.

MRORANGE said:
Good luck!

What a fantastic giveaway! Shame I didn't win :(

Oh well hopefully there's another copy of bad rats to win.

btw does anyone want to buy Far Cry 4 from me? $35 paypal

MRORANGE said:
http://i.minus.com/iLetXBM2j2Hnq.gif

Doesn't hold a candle to my waifu:

i49R4cQxO9iKV.gif

Hrothgar

Didn't even know there was going to be a Sacred 3 and now it's suddenly at the top of Steam's top seller list.

EDIT: Huh, and now it's gone?

Elija2

Okay, Idle Master is super useful. It even idles games that I don't have installed so I don't have to download them to get their cards. Kudos, jshackles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom