• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
NeonXSZ (Neon Excesses) is a game I can second in recommendation. Sadly there is no longer a demo offered on Desura, but if you have played Descent you will have an easy time figuring out what it plays like, just imagine RPG and loot on top of that for a lot of good fun.

An open world game, first person pilot perspective, Three-dimensional space shoot, that allows me to explore all around, hunting down everything and plenty to customise in a ship, it's something I'm still sinking a lot of time in with.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I'm waiting for IdleM@ster Xenololssia.

In any case I'm surprised a few got close to Jase in the wall of shame!

That's not a large mutliquote post :/

Not a lot of important posts to quote today though, so it's understandable.

You could always make multiple posts with multiple quotes :p
True :(

Seems true :p even if that Steam DRM thing was somewhat funny

And that is true too I guess, but would require some managing XD

Ruruja

Happy August everybody. I'm off to a wedding and won't be back till Sunday night.

So see you guys in thread #2. :p

MRORANGE

WOW! new thread!!!!!!!! gotta post something!

Man this thread moves so fast!!!

I'm begging for a port of Red Dead Redemption. Not that I would ever port beg.

What games do you wish would come to steam?

Finally did it:

man71qR.jpg

rDsY0fW.gif

here's my damage list:

cDnxluA.jpg

What have you bought recently?

MRORANGE said:

I love this game! everyone should play this.

MRORANGE said:
Good luck!

What a fantastic giveaway! Shame I didn't win :(

Oh well hopefully there's another copy of bad rats to win.

btw does anyone want to buy Far Cry 4 from me? $35 paypal

MRORANGE said:

Does not hold a candle to my waifu:

i49R4cQxO9iKV.gif

I'm a weird cookie.
I want Ultra Street Fighter but I almost never play online.

I actually enjoy the single player to kill time and relax from other games!

Turfster

Gamesplanet summer sale day 4 started:
  • Fallout New Vegas ultimate 66%
  • Skyrim V Legendary 67%
  • Saints Row The Third 75%
  • Hitman Absolution Elite 75%
  • GRID 2 66%
  • Murdered Soul Suspect 38%
  • Total War Shogun 2 75%
  • Rise of Venice 75%
  • Alan Wake Collector's Edition 85%

Miker

Gamesplanet summer sale day 4 started:
  • Fallout New Vegas ultimate 66%
  • Skyrim V Legendary 67%
  • Saints Row The Third 75%
  • Hitman Absolution Elite 75%
  • GRID 2 66%
  • Murdered Soul Suspect 38%
  • Total War Shogun 2 75%0%
  • Rise of Venice 75%
  • Alan Wake Collector's Edition 85%

Steam's summer sale being really early, along with school starting in early July this year, makes me forget that it's still summer and other sites are still running summer sales.

I was surprised they never did considering the success of the DLC on RE5. Really weird one of their biggest game has the weakest DLC offerings.

I'm guessing it was probably beacuse of the mixed reception the game had. It's a shame though, I wanted some new playable characters :(

Is there any feedback/previews about the netcode?
People were having worse experiences on Xbox 360 / PS3 (especially the latter) when SFIV on consoles made the upgrade to Ultra. It has the same problems that plague the Steamworks conversion of AE. I sincerely doubt anything will be fixed come Ultra's PC release, knowing Capcom.

Jawmuncher

I'm guessing it was probably beacuse of the mixed reception the game had. It's a shame though, I wanted some new playable characters :(

Yep that's the only reason I can think of.
A game too since they could have used DLC to explore new angles. Another LiN type of DLC with re6 gameplay would have been interesting if done right.

Articalys

Well, I guess it's August somewhere by now

I was actually kind of fond of that Commando-themed title at the end of the last thread, but I'm lady for this one too.

Sparks-and-messages-in-Transistor.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Transistor -- MB-8ABE83EF5F7DFB2C - Taken by Kifimbo. 27 entrants total.

t1406852903z1.png

Lain

Played some Sacred 3 and completed the first level, which works as a bit of a tutorial.

Positive notes about the game is that the action is fun and even on the normal difficulty there is a certain degree of attention required in dodging attacks and using your skills well to break the enemies' guards etc.

Negative notes are the fact that the game crashed on me after I completed the level as I hit friends to see what it was about, if to compare results or invite people to a game.
The framerate acting in a weird way at the start of the level (it was smooth initially, then it started acting up in a way I don't know how to describe, then it got fixed after I set it again as 1920x1080p 60Hz).
The fact that the only things you collect are gold and orbs to replenish your health and skill energy, and some souls used for something later (I guess).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom