• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

52 Games - 1 Year Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

flkraven

Games 1 to 38 Here

Stats from Completed Games:
Total Games: 52
Total Hours Played: 1,297
Average Hours per Game: 24.94

----------------------------

Finally hit the word limit on my first post, so I guess I will continue here:

Game 39: Resident Evil 5 - 14 hours
Played through this game co-op, and it was a somewhat meh experience. I think I just don't like RE style games. There was the odd scare moments, but the over-the-top gore and death sequences did nothing for me. I know that the clunky controls are supposed to build suspense and give you a sense of urgency while you fumble around, but it just made me frusturated and annoyed. Also, I
punched the boulder.

Game 40: The Walking Dead Season 2: Chapter 2 - 2 hours
Believe it or not, I am starting to enjoy this season better than the first.
There isn't a single character that I like more than Lee, but for some reason I am more interested in the story.
I got the season pass, so I will probably play through the rest this weekend.

Game 41: Rayman Legends - 43 hours
Played through the whole game co-op with my GF, and I have to say that I was blown away. Easily the best platformer I have played in years. Incredible art, music, and characters along with some of the most creative and clever levels I've ever played. And man do I love those music levels! Gloo Gloo! 100%'d the game, and still itching to play more.

Game 42: Battlefield 4 - 334 hours
Finally retired this game. With all of its glitches and issues, I still put a ton of time into this game. When it worked, this game was SO fun to play with friends. I typically play online with 4-5 real-life friends, so this was perfect for us. I am now at the point where I can no longer put this disc into my console, and with Destiny coming out next month, I guess it's time to move on.

Game 43: Tales of Vesperia - 61 hours
I loved this game, and I can't believe it took me this long to play it. Great story (even if it drags a little bit near the end), amazingly lovable cast, gorgeous artstyle, and great use of cutscenes. Likewise, the voice acting was top notch and the gameplay was simple yet addicting. If you went back in time and looked at an SNES style JRPG (Final Fantasy 4 or 5 for example), and asked them to make a 'modern' version of that with an updated combat style and 3D graphics, this is exactly what you would get. My only problem with the game is that it was a bit too easy, but in spite of that, I give it a 10/10!

Game 44: Vanquish - 10 hours
Played it on the hardest difficulty and I am glad I did. Great action/arcade game. The story is a little corny, but the fast paced combat and over the top action make it a ton of fun. Additionally, the graphics are surprisingly great, and the destructable elements in the environment were interesting and forced you to move quickly rather than sleep behind cover.

Game 45: The Walking Dead Season 2: Chapter 3 - 1.5 hours
See Chapter 5

Game 46: The Walking Dead Season 2: Chapter 4 - 1.5 hours
See Chapter 5

Game 47: The Walking Dead Season 2: Chapter 5 - 1.5 hours
I played through the final 3 chapters in 1 sitting. Shockingly, I think I am the only person that preferred Season 2 to Season 1. This game is not without it's flaws, but
I loved roleplaying as Clementine, being the bad ass the Lee taught her to be. The ending was a bit underwhelming, but #teamJane all the way. No idea how anyone can let Kenny plunge that knife into Jane for seamingly nothing. The people that let Kenny do that, dealt with his psychotic swings for 2 seasons, yet Jane makes 1 poor decision (hiding the kid) and she deserves to die? It's quite clear early on when she says "don't worry, just see how this plays out" that she didn't actually abandon the child, so there shouldn't be any ignorance about how she is evil and used the baby as a shield or distraction. The apologetic, emotional fool picks Kenny, the arrogant, self-righteous fool goes it alone, but the wise, survivalist choice is to go with Jane.

Game 48: Medal of Honor - 6 hours
Okay game. The audio and daytime visuals held up pretty well for a 4 year old game. The nighttime visuals looked pretty bad and bland. I know it was supposed to be a realistic experience, mimicing combat operations in the middle east, but I found the story to be terribly boring, cheesy, and I couldn't care less about any of the characters. Fortunately, the controls were super tight and gameplay felt great, but there were way too many 'on rails' levels (ie. Sitting with a chain gun, Sitting in a helicopter, standing in a truck). It was also a bit short, but that was welcomed since the story sucked. I really wish they built a decent game around this gameplay.

Game 49: Dead Island - 23 hours
I was actually surprised at how much I loved this game. I played the entire thing co-op with my brother, and I genuinely looked forward to playing it every time I got home. The story was crap and recycled, and the characters were horrible, unfunny stereotypes, but the combat and gameplay was a bunch of fun. The multiplayer was implemented to near perfection, with the easy drop-in, drop-out mechanic. If Skyrim implemented this type of multiplayer, it would be the perfect game. There is a bunch of room to grow here, so I strongly look forward to Dead Island 2.Will most likely get it day 1.

Game 50: Alan Wake - 15 hours
Full disclosure: I had a very terrible first impression of this game. My very first thought is 'why are the mouth movements/facial reactions so janky and weird?', and they only got worse. I wasn't even really immersed at all for the first 3-4 hours, because I couldn't stop looking at the strange mouth animations. I am really glad I stuck with the game though. The story was interesting, I eventually got fully engrossed in the great, gloomy atmosphere, and the gameplay was surprisingly tight. The game felt very good to play, and the scare moments literally made me jump. I am a big baby when it comes to 'horror' style games, and I know this is 'horror-light' but I was still scared. Just shows you how well they suck you in...despite the weird ass face movements. Seriously, they are that bad. I would go as far as to say that this is the biggest impact that face animations have ever had on me experiencing a game, since I am normally not picky about that stuff. It was like watching a bunch of nut crackers having conversations, just chomping away. I really think that this would be a top 5 game for me if it weren't for that. No wonder the face tech looks so great for Quantum Break. Can't wait!

Game 51: Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - 17 hours

I was shocked at how good this game is. It gets so much hate, so I expected a garbage game but it was surprisingly good! It's biggest problem is that it isn't a typical Banjo Kazooie platformer, and has very little platforming elements at all. But having booted up the game with zero expectations, I found a wonderfully fun game with infinite solutions to the problems the game chucks at you. Building all of my crazy vehicle ideas was amazing, and the vehicle editor is very deep. The missions encourage you to get more and more creative with your vehicle designs, so to anyone that even remotely enjoys Minecraft or the like, this game is for you. I genuinely believe that if this game was repackaged primarily as a racer and it was called 'Diddy Kong Racing 2', it would still be talked about as one of the best games last gen.

Game 52: Saints Row IV - 18 hours

Thought I'd finally play this game as a warm up for Sunset Overdrive in a week. I loved it, but I don't know if I liked it more or less than SR3. The powers give it a real Crackdown vibe, but I wished that they would control a little better. I loved the weird story in SR3, but it sort of went too far in 4 for my liking. It was funny, but it got to the point where I literally didn't care at all. I would really like these devs do a super power open-world game from the ground up to see what they can do. Overall, I still enjoyed it quite a bit and still like it better than the GTA games.

------------

Currently Playing:

Halo Wars
The Bourne Conspiracy

I'm the protector of the emeralds and gems

Game #35: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! (PSN) - roughly 11 hours (Completed)
Collected all the things. I grew up with this game and cared enough to 100% it back then and now. The dynamic between the first and second Spyros reminds me a little of the first and second Banjo-Kazooie games. When it comes to Tooie, I've heard many complaints about it being riddled with mini-games, being a bit too big and framerate problems. These are all present in Spyro 2 to some extent, although the framerate may be emulation or something; it has been a while since I've played the real deal. You know what else Spyro 2 and Tooie have in common? Better boss battles. In Spyro's case, MUCH better boss battles. It's a shame there aren't that many of them. But anyway, the game is still good. Music is still boss, controls are less slippery, camera's mostly better, Hunter's still a piece of shit and it's still pretty easy to complete. It just takes longer. Oh, and I slightly prefer the original voice to Fry. No, but really, Hunter's a bastard, you know I need the orbs why are you making me play games what are you even using them for holy shit you're the dumbest goddamn worse than Moneybags
okay not quite but still

Weiss

Banned
Game 43: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - 25 hours

A phenomenal conclusion to this excellent series. Going in I was pretty worried given the reputation MGS4 has on GAF, but I loved it. The gameplay was a bit too action oriented for my tastes, with lots of shoot outs but it fit well with how the world was in this game; The whole world has been thrown into chaos, so occasionally stealth isn't an option. Snake controls so much more smoothly now, and most of his gadgets were fun to use.

I know people rightfully complain about the constant cutscenes, but as someone who was engrossed into Snake's tale, I was fine with it for the most part. His appearance as Old Snake might actually be my favourite interpretation of the character, this tired, grumpy, burnt out soldier who constantly get thrown into conflicts because he's just that good at killing people, and Meryl and Raiden come back as huge badasses. The huge tour around the world ensured a series of great, varied areas, and the fights against the B&B Corps were among the best in the series, each one varied and unique, and requiring strategy. I know people complain about how objectified the Corps are presented, and, yeah, they are, but that doesn't really detract from how they're presented as tragic victims of war, contorted into monstrous weapons.

Honestly, of all the PS3 games I've played so far, this is probably the best. In the series, for me at least, MGS1 is probably the best as a Metal Gear game, well rounded military sci-fi spy thriller and Kojima's wackiness. MGS2 and 4 are neck in neck for the runner up, with MGS2's batshit, memorable story and MGS4's refined gameplay as their strong points, and MGS3 is in last because I just didn't like that one as much.

It was cool being able to play the main series over the course of this year, and it'll be nice to close the book on it.

It's not over yet!

Marceles

Game #8: Xenoblade Chronicles

I've finally beaten the game at long last in 58:25 play time. I see why many people say it was one of, if not the best game of last gen. I could've probably beaten it faster if I ignored the subquests. It started feeling too long toward the end, there was a lot of "you think it's over, but...." moments where it started getting a little tiresome. I'm just glad to finally see the final credits.

Game #9: Hotline Miami (PS4)

I didn't think I would like the game, but I ended up having a lot of fun trying to kill everything as cool and as fast as possible. I guess I'll try to get the platinum for it depending on how hard it is to get A+ on all levels.

Original post

alekth

Game 21: The Blackwell Legacy - 4 hours, finished August 21, PC
This was shorter than I expected, but it was a nice story with characters to match. I'm starting on the next one soon. Sort of glad it's not overloaded with stuff in the inventory and a lot of places to click, because to me finally discovering how to get unstuck in these games gets progressively less satisfying the crazier the logic behind the solution gets.
The aged look took about half an hour for me to start liking it, but what I really wish the game had are better sound controls, as in a slider for the BGM. It got too loud at times, or maybe that's just my receiver setup.

full list

Yasawas

Game #8: Xenoblade Chronicles

I've finally beaten the game at long last in 58:25 play time. I see why many people say it was one of, if not the best game of last gen. I could've probably beaten it faster if I ignored the subquests. It started feeling too long toward the end, there was a lot of "you think it's over, but...." moments where it started getting a little tiresome. I'm just glad to finally see the final credits.

How is the difficulty? I like the odd JRPG and I'm in the mood to start this but I'm not good at them and rarely finish them. I did complete Persona 4 sand Bravely Default as they were pretty easy and idiot-friendly.

kubus

#18 - Octodad: Dadliest Catch / PS4 / ~10:00 / July 13
This game is absolutely hilarious. Played it with the boyfriend and we couldn't stop laughing. The ridiculousness of it all combined with the impossible controls just made everything funny. Unfortunately it was rather short so I went for all the ties and trophies to get the most out of it. Some of the ties were frustrating to grab but I did it! Kelp!

#19 - Watch_Dogs / PS4 / ~40:00 / July 21
I somehow platinumed this game even though I didn't really like the game. I don't know why. The story was super dumb, Aiden might be even more annoying than Connor (how did you manage to do that ubisoft) and the hacking got stale pretty fast. I also thought the game tried to show "shocking things" too many times and that got really stupid.

#20 - The Last of Us: Remastered / PS4 / ~50:00 / August 12
First playthrough on Grounded, second on Grounded+. Still can't believe I pulled it off but I did! Still an amazing game. Only stuff left to get the Platinum are the two multiplayer journey trophies but... ehhhhhhh.

#21 - Tearaway / PSV / ~08:00 / August 23
Might just be the prettiest game I've ever played and yet I was super bored with the gameplay. I didn't really mind the gimmicks too much but the Vita-tilting stuff was really stupid and overall the game didn't feel challenging enough. I guess I'm in the minority with this opinion but I honestly don't think the game is really good. Graphics are godly though and worth it for that alone.

Original post

OP

Game 55: The Amazing Spider-Man (PS3) - 13 hrs, 36 mins
Completed this one fully. Game was much better than I expected. Spider-Man games have been really hit or miss with me but the web swinging and combat in this one felt pretty nice. Probably my favorite Spider-Man game behind Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man.

Game 56: The Walking Dead: Season 2: Episode 4: In Harm's Way (PC) - ~2 hrs 30 mins
Season really dipped in quality for me here.
Not a fan of how the deaths and overall development (or lack thereof) were handled for Nick and Sarah.
Probably my least favorite episode out of both S1 & 2.

Game 57: The Walking Dead: Season 2: Episode 5: No Going Back (PC) - ~2 hrs 30 mins
Somewhat of an improvement over the last episode. Getting railroaded into one of three endings was unpleasant but that's common for this kind of game I guess.
Good riddance to Kenny and Jane.

Wazzy

Banned
Game # 7: Final Fantasy XIV - ???(Finished)
Hit 50 a couple days ago and got my whole job armour set. I love this game a lot but now that I've reached my set limit I'm taking things slower with it now.

Game #8 Double Dragon Neon - 1 hour
Was planning to beat this online but apparently there's no online mode for consoles so I'm planning a day to play with a friend at their house.

Game #9 Hard Corps: Uprising - 11 hours 40 minutes
Levelled up a little bit but not much else. Hoping to beat this soon.

Game #10 Final Fantasy The 4 Heroes Of Light - 33 hours and 15 minutes(Finished)
Phew. This game had it's really tough moments and the final boss was awful to beat. Sometimes I'd be close to beating him easily but then a couple cheap moves and I died or It just started bad. Anyway, I enjoyed the game. It was an interesting idea with the gems even if I didn't like the way the system worked. The music is pretty great and the visual's are beautiful too.

Overall I'd give it an 8/10.

Game #11 DragonQuest Monsters 2 - 4 hours and 16 minutes
Alright just popped this in and I last left off at Iceolation. Kind of surprised I started this before the first one but I guess they're not really connected IIRC so no biggie. Time to really pump some hours into this.

Original post:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121792243&postcount=1390

Yasawas

Game 53: Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (NDS) - Completed 24/8/14.

I'm disappointed with this, it sounded right up my street but it was really dull. The story is pretty strong for a game but there's nothing else there as the box-promised puzzles are thin on the ground and barely puzzling when they do show up, and all you do is wander about this hotel fighting a clumsy-as-fuck interface talking to dudes. The characters are actually pretty interesting and the animated stuff is really cool but the endless repetition of the key story points and reveals is excruciating. It's like they wrote this legitimately interesting story then decided anyone playing a video game would be so dumb they would need every element of it explained to them in minute detail very slowly at least two or three times. This is not the 999 written by James Ellroy experience I was looking for.

Edit - Oh God I forgot the music! For real, the worst game soundtrack I have heard for as long as I can remember, like I would actually need to go back to the Spectrum to find a rival for this. It's simply astonishing.

Liszt.

maxcriden

I'm disappointed with this, it sounded right up my street but it was really dull. The story is pretty strong for a game but there's nothing else there as the box-promised puzzles are thin on the ground and barely puzzling when they do show up, and all you do is wander about this hotel fighting a clumsy-as-fuck interface talking to dudes. The characters are actually pretty interesting and the animated stuff is really cool but the endless repetition of the key story points and reveals is excruciating. It's like they wrote this legitimately interesting story then decided anyone playing a video game would be so dumb they would need every element of it explained to them in minute detail very slowly at least two or three times. This is not the 999 written by James Ellroy experience I was looking for.

Edit - Oh God I forgot the music! For real, the worst game soundtrack I have heard for as long as I can remember, like I would actually need to go back to the Spectrum to find a rival for this. It's simply astonishing.

Liszt.

Really disappointed to hear this, since I know you're a fellow Layton fan and we usually have similar tastes in games overall. I'm playing Ghost Trick right now and really enjoying it, have you played that?

Yasawas

Yeah! I came to it late but I played through it last year or the year before and utterly adored it. My current alarm tone is the Inspector's theme :)

I sound especially harsh on Hotel Dusk reading that back but I can't help it, that game was built up so much for me and everything I knew about it going in made it sound like something I would love and it just didn't do it for me at all. Maybe for the best given they never got to finish the story arc as far as I know?

maxcriden

Yeah! I came to it late but I played through it last year or the year before and utterly adored it. My current alarm tone is the Inspector's theme :)

I sound especially harsh on Hotel Dusk reading that back but I can't help it, that game was built up so much for me and everything I knew about it going in made it sound like something I would love and it just didn't do it for me at all. Maybe for the best given they never got to finish the story arc as far as I know?

That's too bad. I still plan to try it since I already have it thanks to a generous GAFer who gave me a great deal on it. Have you played the Ace Attorney games? I haven't played them but I'd be curious to know how you like them.

(BTW, I presume you already know about the Hotel Dusk sequel.)

Oh yeah, haven't posted in a while.

Game 45 - Duke Nukem Forever (PC)
Two reasons for playing this: one, Playfire Rewards; two, morbidly curious. It turns out that it's kind of awful. The game mechanics are aged at best, and never particularly inventive. The production quality is pretty grim, considering how much money has been burned making this game. And the setting, story, character and dialogue is awful, with a heaping dose of juvenile misogyny. You can waste your time on better games.

Game 46 - Metrico (Vita)
Metrico looks great and starts out wonderfully, but by the end you're basically shaking the Vita in all directions trying to convince it to do something vaguely similar to what you want. The late-game puzzles requiring different colour light sources in front of the Vita camera broke me. Way too much trial and error and physical contortions for my taste.

Game 47 - Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare(PC)
The good news: PvZ: Garden Warfare is actually a good shooter, and if you'd told me there'd be a decent PvZ-based shooter a few years ago I'd have called you Crazy Dave. The bad news: it's a little bit limited in scope (especially if you spend most of your time in Gardens and Graveyards), and you still get those awful days where you lose every single game you jump into, which makes you feel bad.

Game 48 - Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PC)
I liked it, but for me it wasn't the mind-blowing revelation it was for other people. Never did get used to the controls, which probably didn't help. Gorgeous vistas, though.

Only four more games to go! Forza 5 is eating up a lot of my time, and I'm only about halfway through the league series. It's getting rather repetitive so I might set a specific goal to stop at and call it done. I started Counterspy on PS4 a few days ago, and that game seems mostly legit. I've managed to jump back into Batman: Arkham City for a bit, so hopefully I can stick with it to the end this time--I have a hard time playing that game for long periods for some reason. Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 is still ongoing too, and I have a few backburner games I could pick back up.

Original second-half post updated.

Weiss

Banned
Game 44: Dishonored - 20 hours

Pretty good, all things considered. I'm sick to death of binary moral choice and silent protagonists, so those are two black spots right off the bat, but the good outweighs the bad here. The levels are all well designed and fun to bounce around using Corvo's powers, combat feels weighty and there's plenty of options, and the multiple ways to take out your targets make them game plenty of fun. I heard it was supposed to be real short, but I had so much fun exploring Dunwall looking for trinkets (as well as repeatedly dying trying to stealth my way around). Hopefully a sequel fixes my issues with the game.

oggob

| MY COMPLETE LIST |

Completion #24 : Game #37 : Ratchet & Clank 2 : Going Commando (Vita | ~19hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Oddly, I've never played this game before, even though I do own it on the PS2. Anyway, going from R&C1 to R&C2 is like a breath of fresh air, just for the simple fact there is a proper strafe option in the game now. I still love everything about R&C1, but the sequel really makes the game seem primitive, all the newer weapons and gadgets also make the game more fluid to play. It's kinda like Assassin's Creed 1 to Assassin's Creed 2, everything in AC2 was just done so much better.

The game is no joke when it comes to the difficulty, there are tons of difficulty spikes in the game where the damage you receive just seems to double or more. I really want a Protopet!

Other than that, one of the best platforming action adventure games you could ask for.

It's a shame there aren't any Spyro games games after this one...nope, not one Spyro game...

Game #36: Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PSN) - roughly 16 hours (Completed)
Collected all the things. Insomniac really tried to attain a happy medium with this one. It has some influences of the first game (only collecting gems and eggs, unlocking chests, flying to new hubs, the bonus world) and a bunch from the second (mini-games, cutscenes, returning characters, powerups, bosses). Spyro 3's biggest addition is what prevents it from being my favorite: new playable characters. It was neat on paper but it fell a bit flat in practice. Controls were the main problem. Bentley controlled well because he was slow and accurate. Sheila had an awkward but serviceable jumping mechanic. Sgt. Byrd controlled like a drone in the air and without the aim assist he'd be terrible to shoot with. Agent 9...oh lord, Agent 9. You don't use him much, but when you do the fun level drops hard. I find it hilarious that the company that made Ratchet & Clank screwed up strafing so badly. All he needed was a good strafe and no FPS segments and he'd be fine. Then there's Sparx with his shmup style, which was probably the best one overall. If it was just Spyro, Sparx, Bentley and maybe Sheila stages, this would be my favorite Spyro game, but I'm gonna have to give it to the second one. Oh, and they fixed Hunter. Yey.

| MY COMPLETE LIST |

Completion #24 : Game #37 : Ratchet & Clank 2 : Going Commando (Vita | ~19hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Oddly, I've never played this game before, even though I do own it on the PS2. Anyway, going from R&C1 to R&C2 is like a breath of fresh air, just for the simple fact there is a proper strafe option in the game now. I still love everything about R&C1, but the sequel really makes the game seem primitive, all the newer weapons and gadgets also make the game more fluid to play. It's kinda like Assassin's Creed 1 to Assassin's Creed 2, everything in AC2 was just done so much better.

The game is no joke when it comes to the difficulty, there are tons of difficulty spikes in the game where the damage you receive just seems to double or more. I really want a Protopet!

Other than that, one of the best platforming action adventure games you could ask for.

Speaking of proper strafing...yes! Agreed on all fronts. Still my favorite R&C, though I know 3 is the better game.

donny2112

Game 48 - Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PC)
I liked it, but for me it wasn't the mind-blowing revelation it was for other people. Never did get used to the controls, which probably didn't help. Gorgeous vistas, though.

I kept the older brother on the left (left-stick) and younger brother on the right (right-stick). That helped keep things straight. Was a nice game with quite a fairy tale adventure mindset to it, but I kept thinking "What was that stupid doctor thinking sending two young boys on this incredibly dangerous quest with only a slim chance of them even getting to the medicine much less surviving the trip back?!? He should've let the Dad die and protected the boys. What was he thinking?"

Voliko

I didn't intend on participating in this challenge because I thought I didn't have the time but I just passed the 52 mark a couple days ago! Granted, I've been on a big NES kick this year, but hey, a beaten game is a beaten game. I may compile the list with comments in the future.

Game 19: Muramasa Rebirth - August 24th, 2014, 12ish hours
YkBDbJO.jpg

I was actually given this game at Christmas last year. I tried it, but it didn't really hit me right. It looked gorgeous, but felt pretty dull mechanically. After finishing Dragon's Crown a few weeks ago, I picked Muramasa up again last week and restarted the game. Once I got about an hour or so in, I really started to enjoy myself. I'm definitely not a fan of the incessant backtracking that is necessary in the game, but as the game wore on, I got pretty used to it. I finished both story arcs, but I still feel like I'm going to go back and get the other endings, as well as finish the DLC (I own two of them). It's a pretty great game, although I feel like Kisuke's story was much more satisfying (I'm a helpless romantic). I hope there's a sequel at some point.

Original post

Yasawas

That's too bad. I still plan to try it since I already have it thanks to a generous GAFer who gave me a great deal on it. Have you played the Ace Attorney games? I haven't played them but I'd be curious to know how you like them.

(BTW, I presume you already know about the Hotel Dusk sequel.)

Yeah, the AA games are good but it took a bit of perseverance to get into them as the first one left me a bit cold. That in mind I might still try Cape West at some point in the future as if they make the mechanics a bit less cumbersome and tweak some other things I might enjoy it. I wonder how much of a cliffhanger that ends on though...

How the hell do you people have time to beat a game a week?

How is it difficult? A one-hour commute and a one-hour lunch break every day accounts for probably over half of it for me.

Wazzy

Banned
Game #8 Double Dragon Neon - 4 hours
I was able to get through most of the game today with my older brother. We co-op'd to the final mission and arrived at the final boss only for the game to freeze. We didn't feel like doing the last mission again so we're planning to beat it another time. The gameplay is fun, the music is catchy and the cheese factor is so high that I love it. I'm only disappointed in the constant freezing I've experienced.

Game #9 Hard Corps: Uprising - 11 hours 40 minutes
No update.

Game #11 DragonQuest Monsters 2 - 7 hours and 18 minutes
I beat Iceolation and I've been synthesizing some monsters so I can breeze through rank D arena. I just created Green Dragon who seems to be a powerhouse HP and Attack wise. I'm not really sure if I like this game or not but it's definitely interesting.

Original post:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121792243&postcount=1390[/QUOTE]

How the hell do you people have time to beat a game a week?
It depends on the game you're playing. I can beat certain games in 3 days while others take a week or two. I try to get playtime in while at work on my break.

Liszt.
Aww. This is a disappointing reaction post because I adore Hotel Dusk and it's entire style. The cast is lovely, the music fits so perfectly and it's setting is great. The sequel is great too.

I understand not everyone will like it, though. Just sad to see someone dislike it this much.

Half way there but quite a bit behind schedule. It's all Ultra Street Fighter 4's fault. My next new post will either be celebrating 52 games or admitting defeat on December 31st.

Game 26: Rayman Legends (PS4) - 26/8/14. Unknown playtime.
# If you like platforming games, this is top quality. Funny, pretty, challenging and really a fun game. Tons of content too and considering how cheap you can lift a copy these days, it would be rude not to. 10/10.

Update OP.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
73/52

1-17
18-29
30-42

43. 3 Stars of Destiny (PC): 21:05, July 13th.
So two things to keep in mind. One: This is an RPG Maker game. If you've tried a few before and didn't like them, you won't like this one. Two: This is from the same developer as the Millennium game listed earlier in this list, which leads to point one. The writing isn't that good. As with the last game, the developer and writer is still French, and English is a second language, so a lot of the dialogue is sort of awkward. This in turn to the characters being rather forgettable and dull, and quite a few are pretty annoying. It doesn't hurt that the portrait art for the characters is all over the place in terms of quality. Some of them look nice, but others look bad. The environments are where the game really shines, but unfortunately there's not a whole lot of rhyme or reason behind including some locations other than "hey, look at what we can do with this engine! Isn't it cool?" It feels like emphasis was placed on the environments rather than the story of why those environments are important. And there's some cool stuff in there, especially towards the end of the game. In terms of narrative, it's nothing that hasn't been done countless times before. The soundtrack isn't very interesting, either. The battle system is basically the same as Millennium's but a little more basic since it came before that game. A lot of the time I spent playing this felt like a slog to get through. The opening was sort of entertaining, but after a while it's just the same thing you've done so many times before in so many better handled methods that you just sort of lose interest. I really can't recommend, but I wouldn't tell anyone to go out of their way to avoid it. It's pretty much the definition of a largely mediocre RPG Maker game. 5.5/10

44. Antichamber (PC): 7:45, July 19th.
I really wanted to enjoy Antichamber more than I did. I was interested in the game once I heard about it using non-Euclidean space in so many different impressions and demo videos, and I was really pleased by it at first. The different view ports, for lack of a better term for them, that swap you to a different are just by looking through them were cool, the first puzzle of the game involving the stairs was cool, it felt great being lost and confused at first. Then I encountered a puzzle I couldn't solve and warped to try another area to explore, because wandering around is the best part about the game. And then I found the first block gun in the game. That's honestly the point where I stopped having as much fun as I had been. A lot of the game focuses more on block puzzles than the other earlier aspects (non-Euclidean space, speed of movement based puzzles, etc.) and I ended up getting sort of bored with Antichamber. There's a lot of variety in the block puzzles, especially with the later guns, but most of the later puzzles focus on staring at different walls and lasers for block puzzles. The ending was also sort of disappointing, but I guess that's to be expected in a game like this. All of that being said, I still liked Antichamber. The simplistic visuals mixed with the occasional weird structure were great, and I loved exploring in the earlier parts of the game. The ambient music is nice and adds to the confusing atmosphere Antichamber has going for it. The earlier parts of it are just more memorable to me, with a different style than other puzzle and exploration based games. It's really impressive for a game made by one person, but honestly I feel like it doesn't really deserve all of the praise that it gets. 6.5/10

45. X-COM: UFO Defense (PC): 38:35, July 28th.
This was my first experience with the X-COM franchise, and I can say that I wasn't disappointed. It's been a long time since I was sucked into a game like I was with this. Sure, the graphics are outdated, the midi music leaves a little to be desired sometimes, and it's a dosbox game now, but everything else is top notch. Even the music adds to the scifi atmosphere of the game, and it's one of the more outdated aspects. The two main parts of the game, the Geoscape and battle sections, were both really immersive for me. Managing all of the different bases I had by the end of the game, building them up, assigning researchers to them, all of that was actually really fun for me. The battles themselves were surprisingly suspenseful for battles that lasted so long. Terror missions were especially good in that regard. The game's background lore was just as immersive as the gameplay. I wanted to learn as much about the X-COM universe as I possibly could. The game definitely has its flaws other than how outdated it is, of course. There are a few strange bugs that I encountered here and there, like being able to walk through the walls of one of my ships. However, if you can look past the old visuals, you'll find a classic that, in my opinion, is just as amazing now as it was back in the 90's. 9.5/10

46. Mario Golf (3DS VC/GBC): 8:38, Aug. 1st.
So I'm not good at golf games. This is no exception. Like other golfing games, it requires rhythm, something I lack sometimes. So that's why I didn't have a whole lot of fun with it. I can see how it's a lot of fun for others, but it's not so much for myself. I still enjoyed it though. The RPG elements that I've heard so much about are about as good as I expected them to be. The create a character mode, with its stat options, side missions/minigames, NPC flavor text, all of it adds up to a really cool idea for a golfing game. The option as playing as Mario or Luigi right away instead is a nice alternative, but it's nowhere near as enjoyable as the other option. It's a bummer that the two player option isn't available, though. The game's music is pretty decent, and it's visually great for a GBC game. Still, I just thought it was good, nothing top tier or anything like that. 7/10

47. Soul Gambler (PC): 1:20, Aug. 13th.
I really wish this game was better than it was. It sounds like a cool idea: a story told via a choose your own adventure style game with comic book like graphics inspired by Goethe's version of Faust. But it ended up being really disappointing. I thought I would really love the artstyle, but it's shoddy at some points, and there's a complete lack of animation. Everything that I saw was fully motionless. The background music isn't really memorable either. The writing becomes a bit awkward at times, which is likely due to a poor English translation. There is some variety of choice for the events of the game, but both of the playthroughs I did had more or less the same ending, so I'm not entirely sure if there are multiple endings. I've seen other comments go either way with that, some saying that your choices matter while others saying that only a few of them actually do. And frankly I don't care enough to go back for a third playthrough of the game to find out if the choices matter or not. A single playthrough will probably last between 30 to 45 minutes; while it is short, it still felt like a drag to get through. The devs automatically upgraded everyone that had purchased it prior to its arrival on Steam to the edition with the artbook and ost, so that was neat. I've read a lot of comments saying that the game wouldn't run, but it worked perfectly fine for me; I can't say that those people were missing much though. 4.5/10

48. Dark Scavenger (PC): 3:12, Aug. 16th.
It was alright, but for everything it had going for it, there was something holding it back. I posted my full impressions of the game in one of the many Steam threads. 6/10

49. Whispering Willows (PC): 2:44, Aug. 19th.
Full impressions (more detailed than normal) here in one of the many Steam threads. In summary, awesome concept, flawed execution. Still worth getting in a sale/bundle, though. 6.5/10

50. Saturday Morning RPG (PC): 4:49, Aug. 22nd.
The game's a mixed bag. It mainly relies on nostalgia for the 80's to keep players interested in the game, and you'll understand the references even if you weren't alive back then. Story wise, it's okay. It's structured in the form of episodes (currently four), so to me it felt like a game I could play every few weeks without missing anything. The game takes a bit to really become interesting, the first episode feeling like a bit of a drag while the second episode feels much better. It sort of peaks at the second episode, in my opinion. The third episode went on for what seemed like ages, though it only took an hour and a half or so at most. It was dull and felt like a chore to continue. The fourth episode is even worse. It has a Christmas special flavor to it and took only around 45 minutes with a boss fight against the main antagonist that didn't feel like a boss fight at all. The battle system doesn't fare much better either. You have a wide variety of nostalgia inspired special attacks (like using a knock off of He-Man's sword or using Care Bear rainbows), most of which come with a mini game to gauge the attack's power, including rhythm and mashing mini games. You can also punch enemies but those attacks are basically worthless, unless you charge a battery. This can be done through a normal prompt, mashing hard, or stopping a rhythm based gauge at the right time repeatedly. Yes, that is as tedious as it sounds. I like the 2.5D sprites on 3D backgrounds, and the music is decent enough though. I'll play the fifth episode when it comes out for free, but I don't really recommend picking the game up at full price. It's just not really entertaining. 5/10

51. Gunman Clive (3DS): 1:04, Aug 23rd.
For $2, it was okay. It feels very much like a derivative of Mega Man, but not as enjoyable. Moving around feels so slow that it sort of kills some of the enjoyment. The jumping feels sort of off to me as well, though I didn't try out the second character so maybe their jumping feels more refined. Some enemy and obstacle placement felt unfair. I'm glad that the game at least tried to experiment with different level gimmicks. I really didn't like most of the soundtrack outside of a few songs. The artstyle was really nice though. It was short, but it didn't really overstay its welcome, and the main reason why I have a play time of over an hour in length is because I played a little bit of the duck mode. 5/10

52. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PC): 14:51, Aug. 26th.
First time playing the PC version and second time playing the game. I've got to say, now that I've played both Asylum and City twice, I think I prefer Asylum's story more but prefer City's gameplay over Asylum's. The gadgets and gliding feel underused in AA in comparison to AC, but it makes the game feel more streamlined with less of a chance on the player's part to accidentally mess up. AC feels overly ambitious to me with pretty much everything it does while AA feels a little underutilized for just those two parts. I don't know, I feel like Asylum just feels more focused. The atmosphere is really fantastic and sort of creepy, which is exactly want in a Batman game. The scattered references to parts of the lore are great too. Plus I actually wanted to solve all of the Riddler puzzles instead of getting burnt out halfway through. The final boss fight was sort of lame though. The Scarecrow segments are easily my favorite parts of the game, so I'm really happy that he's supposed to be featured in Arkham Knight. Really glad that I finished on a game that I like as much as this. 9/10

53. Expeditions: Conquistador (PC): 22:59, Aug. 30th.
Expeditions: Conquistador starts off as a cool historical simulation game mixed with SRPG battles and classic RPG conversation trees reminiscent of the great CRPGs people fondly talk about. By the second half of the game, it keeps all of those elements, but also gains a more supernatural focus that I wasn't really expecting it to have, along with potentially, depending on the various choices you make in the second act, an alternate historical angle to it. There are two different scenarios included, the first being Hispaniola and the second being the area of Mexico during the height and fall of the Aztec empire. Movement is done on an overworld map with one character that represents the player character. You have a limited amount of steps to take each day, and, kind of like Oregon Trail, you assign rations to your group at the end of each day, along with assigning various tasks for them to do. The other main part of the game is the battle portion. It's a SRPG in the same vein as King's Bounty. It's also super hard. Normal mode will probably kick your ass pretty hard. I ended up lowering the difficulty because it got too difficult, which is usually the opposite of what I do, but hey, I'm kind of a scrub at games that aren't classic turn based non-strategy RPGs. Luckily you can adjust the difficulty at any time, so if you want even more of a challenge, you can raise the level to something even higher. In terms of graphics, it's pretty okay. The 3D models look great on high quality, and the 2D art that often accompanies loading screens and dialogue boxes are often stylistically beautiful. The music is one of the best parts about the game, all of it is just so good. It's most well written, and there seems to be different storylines for at least the second scenario. It's not really an idealized version of history, but it does have the chance to be more optimistic than real history; the morality of your choices can end up being far better in regards to the natives than the morality of the more historically accurate conquistadors. But that really depends on how you play the game and what choices you make. I tended to side more with the natives, which ended up bothering some of my followers, all of whom have different qualities. Some are more religious, some are open minded, some are greedy, etc., so basically every choice you make is probably going to piss someone off. And I liked that element, because it highlights that real people have different personalities and would react differently to, say, stopping a tribal ritual. Some would be more cautious while others would want to just go in and slaughter what they would consider to be barbarians. And the game rightfully reflects the different personalities by having members of your party lose morale based on choices you make. I'm gushing a bit, and the game does have some flaws, but I really do think it's a great game that often gets overlooked despite being one of the best CRPGs I've played in a long time. 8.5/10

54. Batman: Arkham City (PC): 23:00, Sept. 6th.
Having played City so close to Asylum, I feel like I can compare the two more effectively than I've done in the past. And the first thing that I can say is, now that I've played both games with a controller and kb+m, kb+m just feels way better to me. And because of that, the combat felt better, too. City's combat is much more entertaining to me than Asylum's, now. It feels more fluid and precise, and the different equipment and combat upgrades really add to it. Gliding feels even better than Asylum as well. The gameplay in the Catwoman segments is good too, though the wall climbing gets a little annoying after a while. I prefer City's music to Asylum's. And that's where the stuff I like better in City ends. Don't get me wrong, City is still great, but the rest of the stuff, in my opinion, is either on par with or worse than its Asylum's counter parts. The references and easter eggs are more or less on par with Asylum's. Honestly, I feel like the main storyline is actually worse than the first game's. It starts out really good, but slowly gets worse over the course of the game, culminating with the reveal of who Strange is working for. The reveal is so disappointing, especially when you've already defeated the antagonist in battle prior to the reveal, and how the character dies is anticlimactic as well. I actually like the ending to the game; or rather, the Batman ending. The Catwoman DLC integrated into the GOTY version of the game has a different final boss, Two-Face, that makes the real ending have a less of an impact, because it takes place directly after the credits. The final Catwoman segment should have taken place before the final Batman segment. Actually, I would rework a lot of the events of the game because the latter half just felt rushed and should have had events in a slightly different order. There's also the sidequests. They feel like they could have been handled better. The Hush sidequest in particular feels too short, and the build up doesn't really amount to anything other than "oh look at this thing we'll do in the next game." I guess what I'm getting at is that the writing isn't as good as Asylum's. Plus there are too many Riddler challenges in City, in my opinion, and left me feeling burnt out after collecting 400 of them. I didn't really have that problem with Asylum, but wow did I feel burnt out after City. Despite those, mainly story related, complaints, I still like the game. Just not as much as the first. 8.5/10

55. Batman: Arkham City: Harley Quinn's Revenge (PC): 1:28, Sept. 7th.
So this had the potential to be interesting. It could have explored what was psychologically going on with Batman after the end of City. Instead, there were a few small lines that barely dived into that at all. If the Catwoman ending given to the main storyline diminished the emphasis on the true ending for the game, the DLC gives it even less of an impact. It's just sort of glossed over. Playing as Robin in a story based DLC is pretty neat, but you barely get any play time with him. It does expand on the plot of the Arkham universe, but it just feels like something that could have been handled better if it had been in a new game, a segment of a sequel instead of DLC. The way the more linear aspect of the DLC played out felt lacking to Asylum's more linear style in comparison to City's. It just doesn't have the same atmospheric feel. The only reason why I have such a long play time is because I tried to get all of the balloons at first, but I sort of gave up because I just didn't care. The DLC just felt so bland to me. 5.5/10

56. Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (PC): 11:31, Sept. 10th.
I remember playing this a long time ago, and thought it was great. The multiplayer was pretty fun. So recently I bought it and decided to replay the single player part of the game to experience some nostalgia. This is one of those games that's better left to nostalgia, unless you want to play the multiplayer with a group of friends. The game's narrative is kinda bland, even for a SW expanded universe related narrative. One of the reasons for that is probably the mission structure, where you can choose between three different missions to go on. Since I played all of them anyway, that really didn't offer any benefits for me. If anything, it just made the overarching plot even weaker. Plus, you don't really spend a lot of time at the Academy anyway, it's just mainly there in cutscenes. A lot of the levels feel bland and dull, even if it was kind of interesting to explore some of the areas in the EU lore. I just meandered around, hoping that I was going where I was supposed to. Some of the levels are just straight up poorly designed with poorly explained mechanics involved. One, for example, is seemingly impossible to finish without one certain weapon, and since you choose what weapons you take in beforehand, you have no way of knowing that you need to take that weapon with you. The characters don't really feel that involved, either. Yeah, it's cool seeing Chewie in that one level, but he's just put in there just to be in there. Other than that, the biggest complaint I have with the game is the combat. One of the important lines in ANH is when Kenobi starts explaining what a lightsaber is to Luke. He says that a lightsaber isn't as clumsy or random as a blaster, that it's an elegant weapon. But the lightsaber combat in Academy is the exact opposite of that. And so is the gunplay in the game. The gunplay actually feels more focused and less clumsy than waving a lightsaber around in the air while hoping to connect with the person you're dueling. I feel like an idiot waving a toy sword around, not an elegant defender of a more civilized time. I remembered it being way cooler than what it actually was. 5/10

57-70+

Jawmuncher

Game 1 - Bravely Default (45 Hours)
One of the most enjoyable RPGs I have played in quite some time. It was nice of Square Enix to go back to a old school RPG style with new innovations.

Game 2 - Ace Attorney Dual Destinies (20 Hours)
Once again a great entry in the series. Liked the darker elements it had in spots. Plus Athena was a nice addition to the cast.

Game 3 - Senran Kagura Burst (12 Hours)
A fun if repetitive brawler that had a more interesting story than I would have thought. Considering all of the Life and Hometown.

Game 4 - Ace Attorney Apollo Justice (15 Hours)
Another great AA game in the series. I couldn't put it down once I started. Apollo was a great new addition to the cast. As well as Trucy.

Game 5 - Mighty Switch Force (4 hours)
A fun puzzle game from Wayforward. Biggest gripe is one level is all about these mancannons and figuring out the pattern was hard. Half my playtime was just that level :X

Game 6 - Mighty Switch Force 2 (2 Hours)
More of the same though the Water Gun was a interesting addition. Glad it didn't have a confusing mancannon level.

Game 7 - The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Two Worlds (12 Hours)
The game that got me back into Zelda. All of the new idea presented made everything fresh. Which made exploring and conquering hyrule really enjoyable.

Game 8 - Silent Hill Book of Memories (15 hours)
A decent Dungeon Crawler with a Silent Hill skin on it basically. Biggest gripe is that there isn't a lot of story aside from a opening and ending. Gameplay was fun enough though.

Game 9 - Killzone Mercenary (5 Hours)
The best Killzone game hands down. It was amazing that I was playing something like this on the Vita.

Game 10 - Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable (10 Hours)
This game grew on me after awhile. It's total Btier but once you get how it works. Its fun just mowing down bugs and trying to save the world. Even if it's janky.

Game 11 - Rayman Legends (8 Hours)
My favorite platformer series just got better with this sequel. Fixed a lot of my issues with the 1st. Plus with the addition of Return to origins it has everything you need.

Game 12 - Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD (11 Hours)
My first Oddworld game and a hell of a way to jump in. The story was a lot of fun with all it's twists and the gameplay was original which is always a treat. Ran great on the vita.

Game 13 - Soul Sacrifice (20 Hours)
A game i had almost given up on. But deciding to carry on was one of my best decisions.
It was a nice faster paced Monster Hunter esque game that had a good story too beat. Even if it was all told through narrated pages.

Game 14 - MURAMASA REBIRTH (11 Hours)
Really enjoyed my time with this 2D beatem up. Being from Vanillawre it was gorgeous.
Biggest issue is that it gets repetitive though. Especially when you get to the second half. Since you're going through a lot of the same places.

Game 15 - Atelier Totori The Adventurer of Arland (20 hours)
Another surprise hit on my list. Bought it on a whim and found out it had a Dead Rising style timer. Didn't think it would work but ended up making the RPG so much more fun for me.

Game 16 - Tearaway (6 hours)
A brillant platformer that was a joy to experience. Thanks a lot to the clever uses of the vita that never felt like a annoyance.

Game 17 - Ys: Memories of Celceta (22 Hours)
My first Ys game and what got me into buying the rest on steam. It reminded me a lot of Kingdom of Paradise. Which is one of my favorite PSP games.

Game 18 - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (20 Hours)
Already in the list of my favorite VNs. It's right up there with Ace Attorney and 999. The twists keep you playing.

Game 19 - Hyperdimension Neptunia PP (6 Hours)
A mehtastic game. It's nothing but pressing menus and waggling the stick during concerts.
The characters barely get to shine through. Not worth anything more than 15 bucks.

Game 20 - METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES PS4 (3 Hours)
Fun gameplay but the lack of meaty story that wasn't already spoiled isn't there. For MGS diehards only like me.

Game 21 - Killzone Shadow Fall (10 Hours)
A decent shooter and at least better than 3. But it suffered from trying to have all these new ideas but lacking focus. So it's just a mess of possibilities. Shame since the story deserves something better.

Game 22 - inFAMOUS Second Son (9 Hours)
It's infamous. Was surprised how little had really changed when i finally played this. Guess if it ain't broke don't fix it. Though there were some Difficulty spikes that were a pain.

Game 23 - Beyond: Two Souls (9 Hours)
One of my favorites on the list. Had I played it last year. i would have put it on my GOTY list for sure. Interactive Movies which I like to call this sort of game can be so enjoyable for me and I really love what QuanticDream did this time around.

Game 24 - Fuse (7 Hours)
A decent TPS from insomniac that gets better as it goes on gameplay wise. The story is so uninteresting though you forget that it is there though.

Game 25 - War of the Human Tanks (3 Hours)
A mix of VN and a gameplay segment like risk/chess. Its way more enjoyable once you finally play it and the artwork while not the best grows on you. The story makes you fall in love with the cahracters quite quickly. Would love to see this as a anime.

Game 26 - Transistor (7 Hours)
My current GOTY thus far. The music, atmosphere, gameplay, and story just mesh so perfectly to create a unforgettable gaming classic.

Game 27 - Thomas Was Alone (2 Hours)
A fun little comedic romp. Was really glad that the platforming/puzzles were on the easy side.

Game 28 - Shank 2 (3 Hours)
Not as good as the first. But still a decent beatem up. Aside from the Jungle Witch Boss Fight. Which took me an hour alone somehow.

Game 29 - Papers Please (4 Hours)
A game I didn't like at first but ended up really enjoying by the end. The dark subject matter and how the gameplay is incorporated so heavily into the themes really made for quite the surprise at the end.

Game 30 - Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae (1 Hour)
A very short game but definitely filled the itch for some Ninja Gaiden/DMC combat.

Game 31 - Magical Diary (2 Hours)
A fun read of a Visual Novel. nothing to the likes of 99 or AA but enjoyable for what it is. There was a actual nice surprise in the route I went.

Game 32 - Long Live The Queen (2 Hours)
The Dark Souls of VNs. When you finally figure out the combination to survive to the end it's definitely a accomplishment.

Game 33 - Hate Plus (3 hours)
Another VN. It can be a very emotional piece depending on how you tackle it. I don't want to spoil anything. But can say if the steam page interests you. Play the first game and then this.

Game 34 - Gone Home (1 Hour)
Gotta say i wasn't a fan. It didn't seem very significant to me like it did others. I felt for the subject matters. But I thought of too many plot holes to enjoy it.

Game 35 - Go Go Nippon! (1 Hour)
This was a enjoyable VN to read. Since it has it's own story while teaching you about Japan and it's locations.

Game 36 - Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos (1 Hour)
VN once again. Its more a setup for once to come next and definitely left me waiting to see what the sequel will bring.

Game 37 - Cherry Tree High Comedy Club (1 Hour)
A pretty uninteresting game. Though it trying to emulate Persona's Social Links was a nice way to handle the gameplay. Even if they did that wrong too.

Game 38 - Abyss Odyssey (2 Hours)
Got this game as a gift and enjoyed it. I had to traverse down to the depths to get to the final boss. Though Sadly it was a bit easier than I though it would be.

Game 39 - Agarest Zero (24 Hours)
A huge improvement over the first game. While it's still no fun that you have to grind enemies for materials to make weapons. A lot of other features were fixed. Plus this being a prequel makes it a good place to start actually.

Game 40 - Brothers A Tale of Two Sons (2 Hours)
A really fun game that had my entire family watching as I played it. Which doesn't happen often these day. Needless to say there were tears.

Game 41 - Call of Juarez Gunslinger (4 Hours)
Ubi's foray into downloadble games I hope brings us more content like COJG. It's pure action and thanks to the point system feels like bulletstorm sometimes.

Game 42 - Killer is Dead (6 hours)
Another game I got as a gift. Originally started out playing it on 360. But 60FPS on the PC changed my life. If you like Suda51 you'll like this.

Game 43 - Lost Planet 3 (15 Hours)
Oddly enough this is my favorite LP game. While the game can be a tad slow. The story adds a lot to the world of LP.

Game 44 - Max Payne 3 (9 hours)
Was like watching a HBO Crime Action Drama but being able to actually play it. Really enjoyed my time with this especially with Lock on targeting. Which made Max really feel like a hardened Cop.

Game 45 - Star Trek (10 Hours)
A decent enough movie tie-in that I expected to be worse. There were a few hiccups along the way such as the optional stealth sections. But all in all as a Star Trek fan I got what I wanted.

Game 46 -The Wolf Among Us (8 Hours)
Easily TT best so far. The world of Fables I never knew was this interesting and i'm hoping i'll be given the chance to dive in again.

Game 47 - Wolfenstein The New Order (8 Hours)
A fun shooter that with it's desire to go back to some older gaming conventions helped separate it from the current FPS games on the market. I liked it though not as much as others on GAF did.

Game 48 - Dead Rising 3 (12 Hours)
More than made up for Dead Rising 2 which I found just to be way too much of the same. DR3 keeps the old while giving enough of the new to make a truly worthy sequel to the original. Another game that I would have on my GOTY list this year.

Game 49 - Ryse (6 Hours)
A title I expected to be far worse. While it can be seen as repetitive. Once you get the combat down. Trying to keep all of the battles smooth and flowing becomes a game in itself. Plus it stayed away from a few big story cliches which was very welcoming.

Game 50 - Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes XONE (3 Hours)
Second time talking about this game. As I said earlier diehards only.
Which is the reason I have two copies of it.

Game 51 - Katawa Shoujo (10 Hours)
One of my favorite stories of all time depending on the route. For a free title there was so much content here that I played through all of the routes back to back so I could enjoy it all. The messages it gets across to the reader are great. It's worth anyone's time in my book.

Total Time Accumulated: 452 Hours

Game 52 Coming Soon

Zolbrod

Wow I wish I saw this thread sooner... I would have done this!

You can still join, can't you?

I only found out about this yesterday, but I keep track of the games I play anyway, so I intend to post my own list soon (I've completed about 42 games so far this year).

I think I'll join in on this. Maybe this will give me the motivation to actually finish games. Also writing mini-reviews/impressions might be fun to look back on

Finished so far

Game 1: Dark Souls 2 - 180+ hours played
# Not as good as Dark Souls one but the combat and pvp systems are better. If only it wasn't sullied by soul memory.

Game 2: Pikmin 3 - 6+ hours
# Loved it. The strategy of managing your Pikmin while trying to min/max fruit gathered was a lot of fun. I restarted a lot of missions trying to get the best outcome. Nice and short too.

Game 3: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - 15+ hours
# My first real dip into platinum games. Really liked it and the soundtrack is excellent. I can't wait to play Bayonetta 2 now.

Game 4: Broken Age (First half) - 3+ hours
# Point and click nostalgia. I was a backer but only got around to playing it this June. I can't wait for the second half.

Game 5: Tales of Xillia 2 - 40+ hours
# Full impressions here. Overall, I enjoyed it.

Game 6: Danganronpa - 20+ hours
# Great visual novel. The story and characters were excellent.

Started this year and haven't finished...

Bravely Default 15+ hrs
Dishonored 6+ hrs
Donkey Kong Country 3D 3+ hrs
Dragon Age II 15+ hrs
Dragon's Crown 10+ hrs
Metro: Last Light 4+ hrs
Muramasa Rebirth 4+ hrs
Persona 4 Golden 30+ hrs
Shin Megami Tensei 4 20+ hrs
Trails in the Sky 6+ hrs

As you can see, I have a problem.

Weiss

Banned
Game 45: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army - 30 hours

(Quite a mouthful, isn't it?)

What a cool game. The actual combat was fairly bland, but it oozes personality, with Roaring 20's slang and stylish, pre-rendered old Tokyo, and has a slew of bizarre twists, with time traveling androids, a snarky cat sidekick, steampunk satellites, and a giant robot made of submarines. Best of all was
the main villain, a Kuzunoha from the era of SMT2 who came back in time to alter history and prevent the original SMT games from occurring. I felt dread when I went deeper into the Akarana Corridor and the lost souls and the terminals started describing the post apocalyptic world.

alekth

full list

Game 21.5: Saints Row 2 - 9 hours, dropped, PC
I'm just going to put this here for the record's sake, but I don't see myself finishing it. The game being a crap port wasn't much of a problem since I got the mods to fix it, but I simply can't get into it. The story is supposed to get good, but I don't care for the settings and the characters, the whole gangsta thing turns me off, the driving is crap. The missions are supposed to be funny, but they are entertaining at best, for a couple of minutes. Well, since I've never played any GTA or similar, this was a shot in the dark and I guess it's just not my thing.

Game 22: The Walking Dead: Season Two - 8 hours, finished August 27, PC
I'm enjoying the series but it really doesn't run very deep as far as story goes. Generally there is a bit too much melodrama for my liking, with conflicts between characters never getting resolved as much as going for plain death and moving on. I also pretty much hate introducing a baby or a toddler in such a story, it's such a lazy must-protect presence. As for choices, after the first season I scaled down my expectations not to hope for many really meaningful consequences, so I'm just going through the story as it is.
On the plus side, I enjoyed playing as Clementine, she's a nicely done kid character, which is rare (admittedly most of them are just painful sidekicks, be she was done well in season 1 as well). Her choices also seemed more varied, as little as it seems to matter in the grand scheme of things.

Jawmuncher

Games 1-51

Game 52 - Wonderful 101 (11 Hours)

Wonderful-101-banner.jpg

My 52nd completed game of the year. Which was also the first title I have beaten on my WiiU.
Fun game even if it was rough in spots. The Platinum Team strikes again.

Total Game Time For All 52 Games Completed: 463 Hours

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm just going to use this post to track my other games.

53: Xenoblade (50 Hours)
54: D4 Dark Dreams Don't Die (5 Hours)
55: Murdered Soul Suspect (4 Hours)
56:pyrite Heart (1 Hour)
57: Walking Dead Season 2 (7 Hours)
58: planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ (3 Hours)
59: Hyrule Warriors (10 Hours)
60. Shadow of Mordor (10 Hours)
61.Alien: Isolation (10 Hours)
62.Splinter Cell: Blacklist (10 Hours)
63.The Evil Within (13 hours)
64.Senran Kagura Versus (20 Hours)
65.Call of Duty Ghosts (3 hours)
66.Medal of Honor: Warfighter (4 Hours)
67. Halo 2 Anniversary (4 hours)
68. Bayonetta 2 (8 Hours)
69. Sunset Overdrive (6 Hours)
70: Dragon Age Inquistion (30 Hours)
71.Valkyria Chronicles (26 Hours)
72. South Park: The Stick of Truth (6 Hours)

Total Time Currently: 687 Hours

MRORANGE

Awesome work Jawmuncher :)

cRAMKSe.jpg
Jawmuncher: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127361732&postcount=1605

August seems like such a good month for you guys, with just over 4 months to go I'm sure we will get a few more!
ibibm0GY9q2gYN.png

Gaffers who have met this challenge will be displayed in full glory here.
Please send a PM with a link to your post of 52 games with comments when completed.

ibakf8sa7qjxUI.png
donny2112: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95492179&postcount=203

jdUWG2VPJgthE.png
RavenValor95: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=104524566&postcount=866

2yCWh2s.png
Knurek: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95470189&postcount=179

i4LB2hb.png
The Illiterati: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=100878086&postcount=681

qKwZIzc.png
GazzaScotland: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97786265&postcount=488

dQBKr7h.png
tav7623: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=119413730&postcount=1309

KhVjUl8.jpg
GLuigi: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98242742&postcount=524

mGOF9jU.jpg
ScribbleD: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95422324&postcount=85

0B3chbj.jpg
StingX2: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95545831&postcount=217

v7dm4oG.png
Threads: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95448325&postcount=129

new68la.png
Krafter: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95448421&postcount=130

2GQuIED.png
Yasawas: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95839735&postcount=311

35vxNAO.jpg
BinaryPork2737: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95465677&postcount=163

cRAMKSe.jpg
Jawmuncher: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127361732&postcount=1605

jp1QsaM.jpg
corrosivefrost: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=96283675&postcount=366

8agWG8m.jpg
Freedom = $1.05: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127458407&postcount=1617

29sW014.jpg
Porcupine: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127464461&postcount=1618

4PpKqbT.jpg
MiamiWesker: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127561400&postcount=1628

TBKucF8.jpg
JacksUsername: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127764641&postcount=1634

t1420099200z4.png

MattyG

Banned
1) Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
This is the first VN I've ever played. Went in completely blind, loved every minute of it. Can't wait for tuesday.

2) Infamous: Second Son
Smaller scale than I would've liked (especially after the collossal scale of The Beast and the threat he presented), but still a good game.

3) Wolfenstein The New Order
Tied with Danganronpa for my GOTY so far. Got the platinum trophy in 3 days, kept playing even when I had it.

4) The Last of Us
I don't know if this counts, but I did a 5th playthrough of this just before the DLC came out. Still an amazing game, can't wait to try the remaster some day.

5) Watch_Dogs
Pretty underwhelming to be perfectly honest. I still enjoyed it though.

6) Fallout New Vegas
I did a 4th playthrough in hardcore mode. That game is still super fun.

7) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
This was my 3rd attempt at playing it. First two times I quit out of boredom, but this time I loved it. One of my favorite Zelda games now.

8) Diablo 3
Really addictive. I just started RoS, and that just made it 10x better.

9) Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified
Yeaaaaah, not the best game ever, but it's decent for what it is.

10) Trials Fusion
Beating this was the first time I've ever wanted to break a controller. The later tracks are infuriating.

11) Mortal Kombat (VITA)
I've never been huge into fighting games, but this one really did it for me. It also led me to play the next game on my list...

12) Injustice: Gods Among Us (VITA)
Really solid fighting game. I loved the story mode.

13) Gunpoint
Everyone should play this game. It's funny, it's smart, it's fun... Be right back, gotta go play Gunpoint.

14) MGSV Ground Zeroes
An excellent game, regardless of length. Can't wait for TPP.

15) Call of Juarez Gunslinger
A step in the right direction for a floudering franchise.

16) Darksiders 2
Did a second and final playthrough to get the platinum. Do right by this franchise, Nordic!

17) The Wolf Among Us
I loved everything about this game. The ending was a bit less than I had hoped for, but it was still an excellent game overall.

18) Monument Valley
Best mobile game I've ever played

19) Wolfenstein 2009
Very underrated.

20) Civilization V
I played a few complete games of Civ V for the first time around the time of one of my Westen Civ exams. Aced the exam, beat the game.

21) Bioshock 2
Finally got around to playing this, and it's actually a good game!

22) Tearaway
Really great game, almost made me tear up towards the end for no apparent reason. Can't wait for the PS4 version.

23) Mario Golf (3DS)
Tiger Woods ain't got nuthin' on this.

24) DayZ
30+ hours, I think that can count as a completed game, no? Not that I'm done with it or anything...

25) Antichamber
This game is really clever, definitely a must play for fans of Portal and the like.

26) Metro 2033 Redux
I just finished this today and OH MY GOD it's amazing. Probably one of my favorite games now. Can't wait to get back to LL (I already started it a while ago, got about 4 hours in).

27) Destiny
I finished the main story (if you can call it that) missions, hit level 20 and never looked back.

28) The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
This game is so damn good. Go. Buy it. Now.

29) Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Just finished it today. It actually exceeded my expectations, and the Nemesis system set up some cool moments.

30) Rust
Same situation as DayZ; you can't really finished it, but I put a hell of a lot of time into it (and plan on more...)

Parsnip

You are all crazy, I'm only 20 games in.
Time to pick some photohunt games from Steam and boost my count. :p

I wish I was kidding, but I actually thought about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom