• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rock Me Amadeus was the perfect choice to launch a magazine. Incredible. Majestic. Kodansha has another git on their hands. There are other series in the mag that look interesting as wel..

Dresden

love lab -

I really need that season two.

wND9i8P.png

Nordicus

Haru x Kiyo 3-4

Koharu is SO CUTE. There's something rather odd about her as a shoujo protagonist, maybe her messy look combined with this certain childishness. Koharu looks like she would idolize the type of girl in a shounen romance who would constantly tease the guy protagonist she liked. She is not very cunning though, nor is she extremely assertive

dani_dc

Fuuka 32

Tama gets rejected by Yuu. Fuuka having some emotional issues. Things are starting to get fun.

The chapter nearly made it look as if Fuuka had a crush on Tama instead of Yuu, now that would be entertaining.

What was it with that Eba name drop?
Did she finally drop Haruto again?

dani_dc

Sakamoto desu ga? 13

Even ghosts are unable to resist him.
ozdED1hh.jpg

Eroge no Taiyou 5

Looks like she set herself up for an impossible tasks. Game doesn't seem like it was planned though.

upandaway

Baby Steps 162

Heh, that went much better than expected. Feels a bit like Nabae's taking a point loss to reset.

If I had to take a warning for an extra 20 seconds, that would just make me more excited/stressed for doing something I've never done before.

Zweizer

Banned
Comprehensive Tovarisch ch1-sp3

A pretty fun shoujo ai read about an overly competitive girl and her circle of friends. The characters are all rather quirky and pretty endearing, even if somewhat straightforward, and their various reactions shots are hilarious. I like how the special chapters dedicate more screentime to the secondary characters. The art is standard cute yuri although it's pretty good at exaggerating the characters' expressions when needed, though I have to say it can get hard to differenciate the characters due to a couple of them having rather similar designs.

Fun and well-executed yuri~

Fuuka

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

get rekt Tama

Fuuka is best

our lord and saviour seo kouji giveth to us what we desire :bow :bow

now how will he fuck it up?

Zweizer

Banned
Suzuka ch12

Holy fuck the translations were bad before but it's getting especially awful here. Cat tried to save us all, in vain.

Suzuka ch13

Boy I wish this ended here and the remaining chapters were nothing but shots of boobs.

Suzuka ch14

Well this went as well as I expected. At least he managed to handle it in a somewhat sensible way.

Suzuka ch15

Well now, he seems to have suddenly found something called "self-awareness", and the friend and tanned girl get some points this time.

upandaway

135!

Edit: Nvm, you have past that chapter already.
135 isn't something I can forget that easily!

Everything after 159 is new territory for me

Baby Steps 168

So hype. I'm reserving judgement but man that feels good.
Playing by instinct might work out against him if Nabae has the cracks he says he has, looking forward to this.

dani_dc

Let's continue Seo's day.

Suzuka 8

Yamato keeps obsessing over Suzuka and Sakurai still being ignored, outside of Suzuka hitting Yamato, nothing much happened.

Suzuka 9

They still haven't patched that hole?
They're never going to patch it are they?
Suzuka showing her girly side was cute, even if cliched.

Suzuka 10

L
ast chapter he realised he doesn't know anything about Suzuka, yet here he is still saying he's in love with her.

Should focus on geting to know her better before worrying about confessing.

Suzuka 14-19

Man, Suzuka's being really horrible to the guy.

Poor Honoka, you're just too bland to have a chance in this.

Yamato is fast as fuck. Suzuka's bitchiness reaches an all new height.

Saotome is still best.

Oh yeah, Hashiba is pretty awesome too

The anime is hideous in comparison, how could they fuck up the colors and lighting so badly

http://i.imgur.com/X7FNvhK.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

People didnt like it? It was funny, and we got a great [B][URL="http://www.jpopasia.com/group/fhana/videos/itsuka-no-ikutsuka-no-kimi-to-no-sekai::41486.html"]fhana[/URL][/B] song from it, along with that one with Galileo Galilei remix (Itsuka no, Ikutsuka no Kimi to no Sekai (Galileo Galilei "dog bass" Remix))

Quixzlizx

Yo have you seen Tokyo Ghoul stuff like merchandise or manga around.

Like I said, there wasn't really much merch for manga-centric franchises there.

Fuuka 32

RIP Tama-chan. Will she give up, or is this when MangaGAF hero Seo starts pumping the gas?

Edit: I also forgot to mention I enjoyed the Rin cameo. Haruto should've chose her. I enjoyed her KNIM alternate chapter a little too much.

Assassination Classroom 102

The suits must mean the writer can reasonably have them go through painful attacks and such now. Ouch.

B team looked weak anyway, while C team with terasaka and itona should do well.

Suzuka 23

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

let's get over the shitty dead guy story quickly please.

Suzuka 24

DUDE

wow. this guy really is a colossal moron. holy shit.

Suzuka 25

Finally he grows a pair in the right way, although it took a lot of moaning and moping before he finally got there

I hope he slaughters that prick.

Suzuka 28

What a dumbass.

Suzuka 30

Welp, pool chapter next. Hrm.

I can't see this going well.

upandaway

Baby Steps 176

Is it normal in sports to treat the "zone" like something this concrete? The only times I've seen it was in manga (Kuroko and this). I get the desperation but I'd rather they just focus on being in the best state possible rather than try to find a switch.

Usobuko

Banned
If there's another read-a-along, which manga should GAF pick?

Dude, can you mention raw in the chapter name. I don't think people have the latest scanlated chapter release memorized.

My bad, I'm sorry if you were spoiled.

Baby Steps 176

Is it normal in sports to treat the "zone" like something this concrete? The only times I've seen it was in manga (Kuroko and this). I get the desperation but I'd rather they just focus on being in the best state possible rather than try to find a switch.

You meant actual experience in sports? It's concrete. There are really times where every shot you hit or every movement you make not only came out naturally but was very well executed. You act as you 'feel' instinctively.

Maybe it's a result of a crazy amount of repetition, lol.

upandaway

You meant actual experience in sports? It's concrete. There are really times where every shot you hit or every movement you make not only came out naturally but was very well executed. It has a bit to do with doing what you 'feel' instinctively.
I mean like professionally and in commentary/analysis. I've never seen it mentioned anywhere.

dani_dc

Like I said, there wasn't really much merch for manga-centric franchises there.

Fuuka 32

RIP Tama-chan. Will she give up, or is this when MangaGAF hero Seo starts pumping the gas?

Edit: I also forgot to mention I enjoyed the Rin cameo. Haruto should've chose her. I enjoyed her KNIM alternate chapter a little too much.

He should had stayed with Asuka.
Though I did enjoyed Rin chapter myself.

Suzuka 4-8

Suzuka is tsundere as hell and everything about the manga is cliche

Saw the title for chapter 13 and getting myself spoiled >.>

Swagemoto 13

Sakamoto never cease to amaze me

Seki-kun 67

Kinda underwhelming chapter. Not bad, but there's nothing special

dani_dc

Panda the zone is like when you play project diva and manage to do consecutively 2-3 super hard songs almost perfectly.

Exactly

Haven't played football in awhile, but I recall entering "the zone" a few times.

I never saw commentators mention it as something concrete though.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shit, just realize that 1st chapter is title #0 >_<
oh well.

Suzuka 15
Bare life and hometown spotted! Shot through the heart and you're to blame
Darlin' you give love a bad name. Nothing more manlier than screaming i love in the middle of the night

Suzuka 16

No fanservice. I noitice thatSeo have a chance to give us panty shot, but he didn't. Why?
So, our protag decide to join track and field team

Suzuka 17

No nips, but i spot a bloomer! Well, sweat and blood is part of youth! New girl, Hashiba Miki, look swell

Suzuka 18

Nips and boobs spotted courtesy of Honoka a.k.a best girl. She's not going to win :_:

Suzuka 19

No nips, but hey, blooooomeeeeeer! Anyway, Honoka join track team as a manager. Yamato, please notice her :<

Suzuka 20

No nips. Sports wear for girl spotted. Yamato proven himself, but Suzuka still won't acknowledge him. The pain!

Suzuka 21

No nips, but braaaa!. Yamato shown to be good at running and also a good mood maker.

Suzuka 22

No nips, no fanservice. Hello aunty, it's been a while. Yamato going to Suzuka house due to being jealous of Kazuki.

Suzuka 23

No nips. We now know Suzuka secret regardubg Kazuki, the senpai she respect. He's dead, and Yamato remind her of him. I guess now we know why Suzuka act like that toward Yamato. Also, Suzuka sister is the most understanding sister ever!

that's all

Toorinuke Dekimasen 1-2
ByOJbExIEAAv_um.png:large

Younger seme means must read, though didnt seem to be in either the first story (really cute cake story about finding love in a park from just observing someone and then eventual confession over misunderstanding). Second one had short seme which was another great one, though more on the business side of things and competing in the workplace due to constantly being called small (167cm isnt really). Cant wait for the rest.

upandaway

Baby Steps 181

And over. Didn't expect Nabae to start a re-evaluation. That match was really fun, and exhausting.

I'll be floored if Nabae carries this attitude into the main tournament and loses (after he said "to think about what comes after" after the match). Because that might mean the manga will continue into the pro level. That will be amazing.

Date time now, haha. Looking forward to this too.

Yeah I guess that's it. Seems to be spot on.

Panda the zone is like when you play project diva and manage to do consecutively 2-3 super hard songs almost perfectly.
hehe

Gaming

Flow is one of the main reasons that people play video games.[35] This is especially true since the primary goal of games is to create entertainment through intrinsic motivation, which is related to flow. Through the balance of skill and challenge the player’s brain is aroused, with attention engaged and motivation high.[36] Thus, the use of flow in games helps foster an enjoyable experience which in turn increases motivation and draws players to continue playing. As such, game designers strive to integrate flow principles into their projects.[37] Overall, the experience of play is fluid and is intrinsically psychologically rewarding independent of scores or in-game successes in the flow state.[36]

Flow in games has been linked to the Laws of Learning as part of the explanation for why learning games (the use of games to introduce material, improve understanding, or increase retention) have the potential to be effective.[35] In particular, flow is intrinsically motivating, which is part of the Law of Readiness. The condition of feedback, required for flow, is associated with the feedback aspects of the Law of Exercise. This is exhibited in well designed games, in particular, where players perform at the edge of their competency as they are guided by clear goals and feedback.[36] The positive emotions associated with flow are associated with the Law of Effect. The intense experiences of being in a state of flow are directly associated with the Law of Intensity. Thus, the experience of gaming can be so engaging and motivating as it meets many of the Laws of Learning, which are inextricably connected to creating flow.

Fairy Tail 401
"I'm burning up" Apparently others have read a different translation and Igneel says, "I'm getting fired up"

Akame ga Kiru
So main characters are going to be killed off in the beginning of the chapter now? Jeez, that was a terrible way for Lubo to die. Good riddance to the prime minister son, I always disliked him. The prime minister himself showing how he is a cold and twisted individual. Creating a new son that won't be a "failure".

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eden: It's an endless world vol. 1

Firstly, props to actually having a gay dude that is actually a sympathetic and nuanced character whose homosexuality actually plays into the story in a very tasteful way. Too bad he died.

Also man, it's like theme bukkake in one volume. We have the debate if intelligence is a sin according to the bible, an exploration of the post-apocalypse being caused by the bubris of man, conscience in AI, the battle of man vs nature, whether humanity is truly unique and if sacrificing feelings means sacrificing humanity. All those themes right in you face straight up after one volume can be pretty overwhelming.

I like it. Also I see we already have two separate casts of characters. I like that in my post-apocalyptic story.

Oh yeah, art is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom