• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Suzuka 14

New cover girl, this bodes well.
Cousin route opens, college girls keep being the best. I can't tell what's in glasses boobs mind, if anything. I very much doubt a high school kid wouldn't try to his luck on any of this two girls when they keep coming to his house get drunk.

dani_dc

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou 9

You won't reply to her confession but you'!! stalker if you see her talking to another dude?
How possessive can you be?
Just start dating her already.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch40

Hahaha I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner.

You mean Milan getting eaten by a Dragon and ending in the future?

Future girl is still fairly recent chapter wise.

Also forgot to mention how great principal face was in this chapter.

dani_dc

Suzuka 15

I really doubt Suzuka was being friendly with Yamato over his run, but hey, into the tracking team we go.

Suzuka 16

No wonder first day of training would be though, not sure why Suzuka was being so strict about that.
Nah I mean her getting all suspicious and finding out about almost everyone's true nature.
Ah yes, I agree, especially after all the interaction with the principal... And the talking glasses.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You lucky fellows who have had enough time today to read Suzuka with all the rage you can muster.

dani_dc

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 41

Holy shit at this twist,
Mikan
route!

So many great quotes too.
"His virginity shows on his face"

I'm expecting the principal to show up, she should still be around even in the future.

The relationship between a boss and her employees is truly something special.

clUCo1L.jpg

Always being able to count on one another when the going gets tough.

Even if it means she has threaten with reduce pay and/or drag their sorry behind to work.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 41

hmm it actually happened.

the chapter before almost felt like it was leading up to something, especially since they went back in time where (iirc) future girl claimed she couldn't go back to yet.

lets see how this will be danced around though

kasane

FUCKL THE DOTA PATCH. LETS READ SOME MANGA

tower of god

shit is about to get real

eyepatch girl is literally one of the best girl

blue haired girl? hypeee

Love Letter 1-2 [END] by Seo Kouji

this is incredible. I refuse to believe it's written by Seo.

It's a beautiful, heart wrenching story. Really touching. Sad. Amazing.

like... it's a great example of what Seo can do, how good he can be when he's not trying to stretch something for 200+ chapters.

It's all the good parts of a Seo manga without the bullshit; nice art, some good characters, great sweet moments etc. It even has a good setup.

Man.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

like... it's a great example of what Seo can do, how good he can be when he's not trying to stretch something for 200+ chapters.

It's all the good parts of a Seo manga without the bullshit; nice art, some good characters, great sweet moments etc. It even has a good setup.

Man.

Yja43CN.png

Man.

Is this a trap?

kasane

Man.

i told you all along that seo is a genius

Guys I'm being genuinely serious

Half & Half [Oneshot] by Seo Kouji

Again, another great one shot by Seo.

I've been reading and enjoying the serialization, but again distilled to a more short form oneshot it's a lot better. It's the best parts of Half & Half without the bullshit like the cheating girlfriend, suicide attempt/not really a suicide attempt.

Just two people in a strange situation, learning about and falling in love with each other before the (again) bittersweet and heartwrenching ending

Why can't his serializations be this good.

kasane

Guys I'm being genuinely serious

Half & Half [Oneshot] by Seo Kouji

Again, another great one shot by Seo.

I've been reading and enjoying the serialization, but again distilled to a more short form oneshot it's a lot better. It's the best parts of Half & Half without the bullshit like the cheating girlfriend, suicide attempt/not really a suicide attempt.

Just two people in a strange situation, learning about and falling in love with each other before the (again) bittersweet and heartwrenching ending

Why can't his serializations be this good.
cause editors

And the last of the trio...

Azusa [Oneshot] by Seo Kouji

This was probably the third best of the three, but still really enjoyable. Good as a oneshot, would probably induce so much rage if it was a full serialization.

Azusa is adorable and it was nice to see the MC realise what was in front of him the whole time.

Definitely more heartwarming than bittersweet.

Angry Grimace

We've lost Costigan-kun, guys. He's too deep in the Seo-hole to retrieve. The memorial service is on Thursday at 10:00 a.m.

Zweizer

Banned
Love Letter ch1-2 (End) by (Seo Kouji)

It's... surprisingly decent. Characters are somewhat likable and pacing felt alright, even if still slow (these 50 pages could've easily been condensed into 30 for one). Although there's still the matter of the characters being unable to act upon their feelings, it's kind of justified by the cultural climate of the setting, so they're not complete morons. Of course, expected drama and shit, but overall I'd say such settings fit Seo much better. Passable read.

We've lost Costigan-kun, guys. He's too deep in the Seo-hole to retrieve. The memorial service is on Thursday at 10:00 a.m.

I'll be there with pics of Holo and Yuuko.

I see some relationships have happened here while I was away.... don't mind me guys ;)

Oh youth

Why are you talking as if you were more mature than us when you can't even stomach h-mangas?

Zweizer

Banned
so what you're saying is I should read Cross-Over after Princess Lucia

You're seriously going to read everything by Seo Kouji?

Holy shit.

I'll tell you the truth... I am allergic to them

I am so sorry but I just can't handle them... I get hives, my eyes water, breathing problems

too much

Obviously it means you should force yourself to read them until these symptoms disappear!

upandaway

Baby Steps (caught up)

I'll need some time to process... phew. Dangit I'm all sweaty and exhausted! It takes a lot to read all the heavy commentary fast enough to match the pace of the action and still understand it. So good. Can't say there was a match I didn't like in this catchup batch, they were all great. The thing I like most about this manga is how unlike other sport manga that keep a narrative to each match, in Baby Steps the narrative is ingrained in the actual content and strategy rather than fluff around it (Ippo and Major had a lot of the latter, Ace of Diamond too).
Still amazing how just playing against Maruo is an all-powerful cure to the slumpiest of slumps. Aoi should patent that and make millions.

Haven't decided yet if I'll read the manga in batches or by release, it's definitely the easiest sports manga to read weekly that I know, but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom