• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand how Yogscast got so big off of the back of just Minecraft videos. At least that's all I'm aware they're famous for.

You'd be amazed how many kids like Minecraft. I used to watch those guys, got into them for a while, then I just stopped after all their videos seemed too samey. I am surprised that people are still willing to work with them and give them cuts even after their projects fail.

Shadownet

Banned
Hey Tizoc so I'm using Fraps to measure Sherlock Holmes right now. It seem like I can get an even 60fps on max settings 98% of the time. But when I spin the camera around like crazy. The frame rate SOMETIMES drop 1-5 frames. But no lag or stutter.

Does that information help?

derExperte

The price of the RPS Horace hat has noticeably risen, so this is an even better deal now. And I feel like I made a mistake by selling mine asap (at least I did it before the dip).

Ozium

The biggest takeaway from this is that youtube needs to fix it's goddamned messaging system.

nah, the biggest takeaway is that if you are just sending out keys willy nilly without doing any sort of vetting then don't be surprised when you see scumbags selling them...

too bad most indie devs seem to lack common sense

Kiru

Does the DE have any visual improvements for the PC version over the original or is just a bundle of the original?

"Now I know that a fair few PC gamers are asking what the difference between the Definitive Edition and the original game with an HD textures pack is - here's your answer: we've redone a lot more than just the textures. We've also reworked character faces, added particle and ambient effects such as volumetric fog. Furthermore, the draw distances have been substantially improved and the gameplay has seen a lot of tweaking. Things that might have been too easy or difficult have been rejigged. Additional breakable enviroment objects have also been introduced so you can have more fun tossing enemy thugs around. On top of all these technical improvements, you've also got the added bonus of almost all previously released DLC packs - that includes outfits, cars and extra story-extending content that amounts to over three hours of additional story gameplay."

source: http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/pre-order-sleeping-dogs-definitive-edition-now

Kiru

Oh. You can grab a Magicka: Wizard Wars Daft Robe Steam key here: http://woobox.com/ibvbto

Somehow I couldn't register mine, probably because it also activates the base game and I already have it, or they just fucked up and are giving out wrong keys...

tmarg

nah, the biggest takeaway is that if you are just sending out keys willy nilly without doing any sort of vetting then don't be surprised when you see scumbags selling them...

too bad most indie devs seem to lack common sense

Seriously. Even if they were YouTube channels, there's so much garbage out there I'm not sure it's a good idea to give them codes without checking out their previous videos anyway.

Nzyme32

Here's why you don't give money to key resellers, even the popular ones.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/1/6882275/free-steam-game-scam

There definitely needs to be some sort of verification or check for validity. I absolutely can't stand people that do this kind of crap. Having trusted youtubers and streamers that have an opportunity to get the game and preview it for people and even on occasion give out extra's for giveaways via those same mediums is fantastic and has been a huge part of why I enjoy and have discovered so much great content over the past few years.

But the abuse of it is insane, I recall someone on GAF even did something similar via the giveaways here or in return for other games they wanted, which is just shady as fuck. I want to be able to see devs rewarded for their efforts when being so open, not taken advantage of. But how realistic is it to verify someone's legitimacy?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Only if you pick the right route, tho. Still, spoilered.
(So I'm trying to get people more interested in the game =p)

I agree, more people should really pick it up! But a lot of the joy of the game is discovering that as they go through repeat routes and then watching it unfold. I'll never forget the reactions from the crew I live-dubbed the game with as we pushed through that route.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Turfster has a bum arm so he spoils games for other people, because misery loves company. I see how it is.

Joke's on you Turf, we dont play games hah!

derExperte

Do people not realize that they can get it for less from RPS?

You'd think that anyone who's paying that amount of money for a hat is well informed about this stuff. Or stopped caring because, well, they're buying digital hats.

Question is now, do I get a second hat if I buy another 6 month package using the same HB/Steam account or will it be treated like a game I already own?

Lomax

I still don't understand how Yogscast got so big off of the back of just Minecraft videos. At least that's all I'm aware they're famous for.

They started with World of Warcraft and went to Minecraft, so basically they started big and went bigger. A huge portion of the current personalities started with WoW actually. WoW hit right at the right time for pod casts and youtube videos and then Minecraft took over where it left off.

AsfaeksBR

Completed "Beyond Gravity". Nice little game, easy achievements. the way the progress is made reminds me of "Jetpack Joyride" with those 3 objectives at a time.
___

Bad_Blood is the last Watch_Dogs DLC, right? Does Ubisoft usually releases Complete Edition of their games?

yatesl

For all the stink about Shadows of Mordor needing 6GB of VRAM for Ultra textures, it seems well optimised. I'm running on high everything (and medium textures) @ 1080p on a 2GB 770, and getting a constant 66fps+

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
;_;
Why you gotta be mean, Rhak-rhak?
I thought we were friends.

we are friends. you know you can always come to me if you need a hand

tumblr_mfg0zxWpxi1rjdnouo1_500.gif

Dr Dogg

So I'm going to be honest here, I really don't have a clue what is going on in the story of Mordor, something about an amnesiac ghost who's possessed you after you and your family got into a spot of bother? I don't know but Gollum showed up and I have no idea where he fits in to all of this. Regardless though I'm having tonnes of fun.

So on my way back from a confusing story quest, minding my own business I bump into this guy completely by acciedent.
Now needless to say Kuga had some harsh things he just had to get off his chest. Sadly I couldn't get to him to find out what his beef with me was as he had like 20 guys between us and seeing as he's the crosbow wielding kinda orc I died a shameful death before I got even close to him (no screenshot because I was royally pissed that I had died).

So the Kuga, basking in his glory from cheesing me to an early grave levels up. Of cours I'm after revenge and notice I can go after him on a vengance mission. Turns out Kuga has more than just me as an enemy.

Meet Tarz the Endless. Now while Kuga levelled up to 10 whilst letting a battalion of orcs pound on me whilst he cheesed me out Tarz is a power level 12 orc. Sadly I didn't get a good shot of what happened next as I was trying to make my way down and thin the crowd out before getting stuck in with these boys. But needless to say Tarz fucked Kuga up in secconds.

Now that's not very nice! Tarz was a tough opponent who was resilient to quite a lot of my abilities at this point but chipped away at his health I did. Thanks to not having a room full of green blighters to deal with and having the high ground advantage on the stairs I wasn't as easy pickings this time.

Totally stuffed up the execution but I went after one captain and got two knocked of the hit list in one go.

So yeah, not too fussed about the story but the Nemesis system is really entertaining as are the way the orcs taunt and mock you.

I don't know if this has been posted, but the Humble Store has an upgrade for Saints Row IV that upgrades you to the game of the century edition for $9.99. Anyone know if this is coming to the Steam store? I know the game of the century edition has exclusive DLC, I assume this would include it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom