• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mizugichi music game for Wii! (Also, Q Entertainment XBLA compilation disc)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
That's curious. Would the 360 compilation include on-disc versions of the games? Including some of the promotional DLC no longer available? I have all of those games and DLC so far, but I might be tempted to double-dip for a true disc-based version.

Very curious to hear more about the new game. Hopefully it is a new game. They've kind of been stuck in a rut recently. The Rez HD was a welcome and pleasant surprise, but it seems like they've been content to simply revisit Lumines, Meteos, and EEE in various formats...

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
If the price is right and it has those crazy music video skins in Lumines, I may be tempted as well.

Kuroyume

Banned
The disc is awesome but I already own all the XBLA stuff with the exception of Lumines DLC. :(

I want them to put up Heavenly Star and Breeze again. They should do it when they release the PSN version of the game.

I also want them to put up either HD versions of Gunpey or Space Channel 5 since I haven't played either game. :(

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Not much info, but new game = I came already.

Someone fix the title, please.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
"QJ"?

I guess the Wii is finally getting a good DJ game?

I'm curious on the price of Q^3. I already have Rez HD and Lumines Plus, but if the package is cheap it'd be nice to have physical copies and the superior version of Lumines.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gonna be skeptical on this one. It's just Mizuguchi making a game for Atari. No Q Entertainment.

Or I can't read, I guess it's Q developing a game for Atari and Atari is just publishing their games

Mdk7

My dreams have come true...
First Sin & Punishment, now Mizuguchi... *_*

Please please don't fuck it up Tetsuya!!! <3<3<3

EGM rumor : "QJ" might be the unofficial sequel to Rez :

Tetsuya Mizuguchi's new Atari project may play like his previous music/shooting hybrid.
By Philip Kollar, 12/05/2008

Earlier this week, we saw the announcement of a new project from Q Entertainment mastermind Tesuya Mizuguchi, a Wii game tentatively titled QJ. At the time, all we knew about the game is that (unsurprisingly for the techno-savvy game creator) it will involve music. But if the latest rumor from Quartermann in the January issue of EGM is to be believed, this game may just be the continuation of Rez that virtually everyone who touched that game has been praying for ever since.

According to Quartermann, Mizuguchi's next project is still in an early theoretical design stage -- thus why Atari didn't show any footage or teasers when they announced it -- but it will offer a similar blend of hardcore shoot-em-up action and bass-heavy techno beats that was introduced in 2002's Rez. Q won't be allowed to use the name "Rez" because it's reportedly still owned by Sega, but the gameplay should be more or less intact.

We can't be sure about this one until Atari decides to reveal more about what QJ is, but with Rez included as part of the also-announced Q3 compilation pack, it makes sense that they would want to continue exploring that concept in his next game. We're anxious to hear more and will update you with anything official as soon as we have it.
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171678

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Dascu said:
Would be awesome if true.

But, if Sega owns the Rez name, then how can Atari be publishing the Q³ pack?

I don't think Sega owns the IP anymore, I think they gave it to Q. Rez HD doesn't have the Sega name anywhere I don't think.

Dascu

ZealousD said:
I don't think Sega owns the IP anymore, I think they gave it to Q. Rez HD doesn't have the Sega name anywhere if you look.
The rumour's conflicting. On the one hand, they say QJ can't be called Rez because Sega still owns the IP, yet on the other hand, they say Q³ includes Rez.

Xyphie

ZealousD said:
I don't think Sega owns the IP anymore, I think they gave it to Q. Rez HD doesn't have the Sega name anywhere I don't think.

It's still owned by Sega, Miz just licensed it for Rez HD. It still says "(c) Sega" or something similar in the menu.

jesusraz

Xyphie said:
It's still owned by Sega, Miz just licensed it for Rez HD. It still says "(c) Sega" or something similar in the menu.
Yeah, pretty sure I read an interview with him where it was specifically stated that SEGA won't sell the brand name, instead just letting him and Q license it.

Top Bottom