• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Xanadu (Falcom) coming in 2015

duckroll

Hmmm. The press release says it'll be the first title Falcom releases in 2015. I don't see any CERO placeholders on the site or the press release either. Could it be Falcom's first major mobile title developed internally via their Innovation Unit?

dkoy

Teaser art looks really cool. Xanadu Next gameplay looks decent for its age. Xanadu Next's art really impresses me as well. If the art is just like Next's then I'd be down for this, even though I've never played a Xanadu game before. Maybe in 2016... If it's on the right platforms.

Aeana

Hmmm. The press release says it'll be the first title Falcom releases in 2015. I don't see any CERO placeholders on the site or the press release either. Could it be Falcom's first major mobile title developed internally via their Innovation Unit?

duckroll

please

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder what the gameplay will be like...

Yasumi

Banned
I swear to god if you've jinxed this.

Producer

pls no

Instro

Sadistroll LOL.

Come on... duckroll....

Come on.

Amir0x

Banned

whatever mobile games can be good too, I just don't personally own an IOS/Android platform :(

dddooozzz9

Neo Member

Don't scare me. :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I had a blast with Xanadu Next, so I'm so in for this. The poster looks awesome.

Hopefully the sequel is Osaka Xanadu lol

entremet

I'm not familiar with these game but are they related to Faxanadu? I played that decades ago and had fun with it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Action based dungeon crawler. Unless Falcom has lost their touch (looool) it should be really fun.

Well this is one of the highest grossing games on iOS currently in Japan:

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ2VsEGL9Hs

kongbakpao_shiroproject_game1.jpg

Pyrrhus

I'm interested in the game itself but I'm a little surprised everyone's so excited for the setting. I mean, high school students in modern/post apocalyptic urban Japan (usually Tokyo) is a pretty well worn trope over the last decade or so.

I'm interested in the game itself but I'm a little surprised everyone's so excited for the setting. I mean, high school students in modern/post apocalyptic urban Japan (usually Tokyo) is a pretty well worn trope over the last decade or so.

Not as well-worn as generic fantasy, though.

Takao

Banned
I do find it weird that this is their first 2015 game yet we saw Ys 8 beforehand. It's not like Ys is some huge series that needs to headline. That said, I don't think Kondo and co would be so cruel to tease a mobile game like this.

I remember seeing Xanadu Next a while back; an official release for that would be welcome.

You're not wrong, but elves and dragons and castles fantasy is even more well worn, so I suppose we have to take what we can get. :p

Voliko

True but when has Falcom ever tackled such a setting? Most of their games have had a traditional medieval fantasy sort of setting with sometimes a bit of technology sprinkled in.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

you know whats more worn out? people saying trope this trope that like some sort of shitty movie critic including the snotty adjusting of the glasses as they sneer in disapproval.

orochi91

So long as the narrative is done properly, it should be a solid game.

The Last of Us and Jame's Cameron's Avatar are pretty uninspired with regards to their premise, but they are exceptional due to execution.

crinale

I just read someone posting they are actually halting the mobile development? (Further mobile development will be done in Chine or something). I'll look for details later.

Edit. Okay from official IR they did mention about more focus and actually cooperative development for Chinese mobile gaming market with Chinese devs.
This really doesn't necessary lead to shrinking domestic mobile development, but now I have a lager hope of Tokyo Xanadu being console or handheld game.

Top Bottom