• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Worldwide VC, WiiWare, & DSiWare Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

The option drones in MUSHA basically remind me of Gleylancer--if Gleylancer had let you switch between every behavior in the middle of a stage. Pretty cool stuff.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Original Post for week of Jan. 12 through Jan. 18

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday in North America. They go up every Tuesday in Japan. They go up every Friday in Europe.

Japan

This week's JP WiiWare games (released Jan. 13)

Sugu Slot Duo (Yamasa Entertainment, 1 player, 1,000 Nintendo Points)

Samegame Wii (Hudson, 1-4 players, 500 Nintendo Points)

This week's JP Virtual Console games (released Jan. 13)

Zoids Revelations (Famicom, Tomy, 1-2 players, 500 Nintendo Points)

Fantasy Zone II (Master System, Sega, 500 Nintendo Points)
(no screenshots available)

Spriggan Mark 2 (PC Engine, Naxat Soft, 800 Nintendo Points)
(no screenshots available)

This week's JP DSiWare games (released Jan. 13)

None. =(

North America

This week's NA WiiWare games (released Jan. 12)

Jungle Speed (Playful Entertainment Inc., 1-8 players, Rated E for Everyone, 1,000 Nintendo Points, 281 Blocks)
Jungle Speed is a lightning-fast card game for the entire family, where quick reflexes and a keen eye will put you on top. Flip your cards, watch your opponents and grab the totem at the right moment to win the game. Just when you think you've got it down, a new card can temporarily change the rules and keep you on the edge. Play starts when the first person flips a card. Moving around the table, symbols are revealed until two of the exposed cards match. Players with matching cards must then scramble to grasp the totem in the middle of the table; the loser gets the winner's cards and anything in the pot. With paws flying, be the first person to get rid of all your cards and win the game.

Planet Pachinko (Allied Kingdoms Inc., 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone — Fantasy Violence, 500 Nintendo Points, 188 Blocks)
Can you survive the Pachinkeet Temples of Planet Pachinko? In the future of the future, an ancient civilization has sealed away its riches in elaborate temples dedicated to the game of pachinko. Now the Robot family must fight through these dangerous temples in search of their lost puppy. Using their rockets, lasers, grenades and slime launchers, will they be able to survive the challenges? They aren't the only ones adventuring through the temples. The pirate Vile Vill and his minions are looking to loot the temples and take on the Robot family. Play in single-player mode or with a friend in exciting two-player co-op.

This week's NA Virtual Console game (released Jan. 12)

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone — Fantasy Violence, 500 Nintendo Points, 16 Blocks)
This is the third game in the popular Castlevania series and the last of the franchise released on the original NES console. Take on the role of Trevor Belmont, forefather of Simon, and battle Dracula in a time long before the events of the first two Castlevania games. In addition to his trusty whip, Trevor has a previously unseen power—the ability to transform into one of three different companion spirits that he meets during his quest: Syfa, a young vampire hunter capable of powerful magic; Grant, a ferocious pirate who can climb on walls; and Alucard, forgotten son of Dracula, able to shoot fireballs and transform into a bat. Use an assortment of weapons (some specific to each character) as you choose which path to follow in your fight against Dracula and his army. Loaded with replay value and featuring some of the best platform action ever, this title is not to be missed.

Europe

This week's EU WiiWare game (released Jan. 16)

Lonpos (Nintendo, 1-2 players, 800 Nintendo Points, ?? Blocks)
In Lonpos you are presented with a board containing numerous holes. The objective is to place several puzzle pieces (Called "pentominoes"), each consisting of numerous connected beads, into these holes, eventually filling up the whole board.

This week's EU Virtual Console games (released Jan. 16)

None. =(

Links to Related Threads

For a more exhaustive look at the entire WiiWare library, including recommended titles to purchase and to avoid, check out PantherLotus' WiiWare Discussion thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247865

If you're looking for the old thread for Virtual Console and, to a smaller extent, WiiWare discussion, check out Kobun Heat's thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129709
He... he wants you to complain about how shitty VC is. So do that there.

To see the OP from Dec. 22 — 28, click here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14175114&postcount=158
To see the OP from Dec. 29 — Jan. 4, click here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14249639&postcount=231
To see the OP from Jan. 5 — Jan. 11, click here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14342653&postcount=389

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
"And here... we... go" The OP is updated for both NA and JP.

I guess Japan paid for getting Smash Bros. by not getting any other games.

MUSHA is an extremely rare game to find, and I've known several of my enthusiast friends to have payed nearly $150 for a cartridge copy.

Virtual Console is becoming, has become, the most diverse and robust platform for games. I have high expectations for WiiWare.

Jiggy

TheGrayGhost said:
Virtual Console is becoming, has become, the most diverse and robust platform for games.
Definitely. The best, maybe not, but in terms of variety and sheer quantity VC is what I keep coming back to. Of course, some of that has to be attributed to the low asking prices; I've branched out into literal dozens of games that I'd never have considered for even so much as $20, physical format or not.

These 1 VC game weeks are not good enough!!!

Honestly, would it kill NOA to offer at least 2 VC games along with 2 Wii Ware games?! Especially when Japan gets 3 VC games in one week! (Last week)

jarrod

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:
These 1 VC game weeks are not good enough!!!

Honestly, would it kill NOA to offer at least 2 VC games along with 2 Wii Ware games?! Especially when Japan gets 3 VC games in one week! (Last week)
Yeah, 1VC game a week hurts. Especially knowing that Ogre Battle and Monster Land are in the ready and waiting backlog of uncertainty... sorry MUSHA, but you're not the one I love. :(

Lee N

Membre
To the DSi owners out there. It seems that both Art Style: Decode and Art Style: Aquario have been updated today. I'm not really sure what's new but the updates are free to download if you've already purchased the games.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Lee N said:
To the DSi owners out there. It seems that both Art Style: Decode and Art Style: Aquario have been updated today. I'm not really sure what's new but the updates are free to download if you've already purchased the games.

Imma put this in the OP, thanks for posting this.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Danthrax said:
"And here... we... go" The OP is updated for both NA and JP.

I guess Japan paid for getting Smash Bros. by not getting any other games.

I'd gladly pay a whole month of not getting games for Smash Bros...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
sfog said:
Yeah, I noticed that I copied the wrong part after I posted that. It still needs to be added to the OP though.

fuuuuuck, I didn't see that on their site at all when I looked last night. I'm gonna have to learn Japanese to keep doing this thread -_-

working on updating the Japanese DSiWare and WiiWare sections.

jarrod

Banned
At this point I'd rather bleed Reggie. For some reason I sort of defer to automatically thinking he's behind NOA skipping all those yummy localizations. :lol

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Ok fools, go to the Nintendo Channel, download the Big Bang Mini demo, beam it your favorite two-screened handheld, and thank me later!

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
jarrod said:
At this point I'd rather bleed Reggie. For some reason I sort of defer to automatically thinking he's behind NOA skipping all those yummy localizations. :lol

Notice how I didn't specify whose blood. :D

Mejilan said:
Ok fools, go to the Nintendo Channel, download the Big Bang Mini demo, beam it your favorite two-screened handheld, and thank me later!

Is it good enough to take the time and effort to free up enough fridge space to reinstall the Nintendo Channel?

Mejilan said:
Whoa, I totally passed over this yesterday since I hadn't heard of it and the name sounded stupid, but the demo was terrific! And lengthy, too! (2 worlds with 3 levels and a boss fight each) The game sort of gave me a Rez/Space Invaders Extreme vibe with the way the shooting seems to flow so well with the music. Things started getting pretty hectic in the 2nd world and it became difficult to pick out and aim at targets on the top screen while avoiding shit on the bottom screen, but overall this is a very impressive game.

Fularu

Banned
TheGrayGhost said:
MUSHA is an extremely rare game to find, and I've known several of my enthusiast friends to have payed nearly $150 for a cartridge copy.

Virtual Console is becoming, has become, the most diverse and robust platform for games. I have high expectations for WiiWare.

Really? I wonder how much my complete genesis and japanese versions would fetch... mhh maybe I should sell them. (I have 3 copies of the game)

Jiggy

I'd gladly pay a whole month of not getting games if the week immediately preceding (or following) came with twenty Virtual Console releases. [Edit: No, even fifteen!]

Anyway, hopefully that Toki Tori news means new content of some kind. :D Whether it's a sequel, a level creator, a downloadable addition to the current WiiWare game--I'd take any of it.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Super Meat Boy is coming to WiiWare.

SMB.jpg

http://www.supermeatboy.com/

If you don't know what Meat Boy is you can play the original here.

Jiggy

Andrex said:
It's OK. <3

That said... so Smash Bros. on Monday! What are the chances? :)
Releases have been abnormally good lately, quantity aside, so I'm practically counting on it. Besides, can't achieve disappointment unless I let myself hope long enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom