• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

52 games. 1 Year. 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schryver

Currently playing:

Started, have no motivation to finish (RPGs!)
Persona 4: Golden
Chrono Trigger
Fallout 3
DA:O

Game 1: Heavy Rain [PS3] (12/29-1/1)
Wow! I knew this was considered a good game but didn't expect to like it as much as I did. Really great story and character development. Most intense QTEs ever. I may even replay at some point to experience the different outcomes. I experienced one glitch, one freeze, and some texture loading slowness every once in a while but overall a great way to start the year.

Game 2: Tearaway [Vita] (12/31-1/5)
Absolutely gorgeous game. Media Molecule knows how to use the systems features to good effect. I enjoyed the game but definitely wish the experience lasted longer and that it was less linear and the platforming more challenging. I will probably return to it on and off throughout the year in order to 100% it. Excited for Unfolded on PS4 now

Game 3: Dark Souls [PC] (1/2-1/11)
I started this back in the summer and got about 10 hours in but decided I should finish it before the GFWL migration deadline just in case my save got deleted. 41 total hours later and I can officially say I beat Dark Souls. It actually wasn't very difficult at all once I found a really good weapon and some strong armor. Still just an amazing journey discovering all of the new locations throughout the world and the first time seeing each of the bosses. I am extremely excited for Bloodborne now and then to play Demon's Souls at some point later this year. Oh and thanks Durante. Praise the Sun!

Game 4: Ratchet and Clank [PS3] (1/22-1/29)
Really enjoyed this game. Probably prefer Jak and Daxter but the story in Ratchet is uniquely told and going to different planets throughout is cool. I also like how you need to get some upgrades to finish a planet and unlock the next. Gives the game a minor Metroid feel. The last boss was mildly annoying but the second night trying I beat him relatively easily. Looking forward to the sequels.

Game 5: Danganronpa [Vita] (1/1-2/1)
Somehow this brilliant game lived up to the GAF hype. Trigger Happy Havoc was my first visual novel experience and man what a good one. I loved the characters and I think the developers did a great job making the ones that were the biggest part of the story the most likeable ones. I already bought Goodbye Despair and can't wait to play it in a few months.

Game 6: Metroid Prime [PC - Dolphin] (1/31-2/7)
I rarely replay games but with the hype surrounding the eshop release of Metroid Prime Trilogy I had to replay this masterpiece. It is just as I remember 4 or 5 years ago. Amazing mechanics, gorgeous graphics and art direction, wonderful sense of discovery, and a perfect soundtrack. One of my favorite games of all time in HD. Brilliant

Game 7: Metal Gear Solid [Vita] (2/1-2/20)
Really glad I decided to play this game. Originally I was going to skip straight to 2 for my first Metal Gear experience but I would have been missing a lot. The mix of top-down and first-person gameplay is really unique and awesome in this game. THe voice acting and story are obviously amazing and the graphics are really impressive considering when it came out. The fact that the game is mostly just boss fight, cutscene, boss fight, repeat is cool. Only thing that annoyed me was the backtracking becuase of missing items and the keycard section at the end. MGS2 here I come.

Game 8: The Order: 1886 [PS4] (2/20-2/22) Took almost exactly 7 hours on hard to beat. To say it ended abruptly is putting it lightly. Overall I loved it but man it could have been truly amazing. Combat is great but a little more encounter variety and obviously more of it would have been icing on the cake. Really wish there was an insane difficulty because hard is just too easy even without aim assist. I don't think I used blacksight once after they first teach it to you. Graphics and animations obviously mind-blowing. Reason alone to replay it at some point. Can't wait for the sequel! (I hope)

Game 9: Hotline Miami [Vita] (12/24-3/13) I started this last year and played for about an hour. It was cool but I wasn't enamored with it. The sequels' release convinced me to try it out again and boy am I glad I did. I feel all the levels had the perfect balance of fun and difficulty. That combined with the great Vita controls and amazing soundtrack made this one of my favorites so far. I will definitely play the sequel later this year.

Game 10: Injustice: Gods Among Us UE [PS4] (3/14-3/21)
This is the first fighting game that I have put more than an hour or two into. I enjoyed it even though I was mostly just button mashing my way through the story mode. The terrible framerate during cutscenes was pretty ridiculous but otherwise the game ran as it should. The facial models and animations are atrocious though. Story was also difficult to follow with all the duplicate versions of characters. Which batman is which?! I have Mortal Kombat on Steam and I am more interested in playing through that story mode now. Injustice was a good PS+ pickup for sure.

Game 11: Bloodborne [PS4] (3/23-4/11)
Beat this a month ago and surprisinlgly have barely gone back to it yet. I really enjoyed it and thought the setting and atmosphere was even better than Dark Souls. Unfortunately the game was far too easy for my liking. I felt the same way about a lot of the DS bosses but Bloodborne was even easier and the normal mobs were also way easier. I plan to replay it on NG+ and use a guide to complete the quests. I also would like to complete some of the chalice dungeons since I barely touched them. Can't wait for the inevitable DLC.

Game 12: Driveclub [PS4] (Oct '14-present)
Wow. I am still playing this game weekly because it has had the best season pass ever. The game looks amazing and the weather system is absolutely insane. So much fun to run through all the tours and I have barely even touched the online mode. Once they add a private lobby system I will play the game even more. However, the next game on my list might be my new favorite racer.

Game 13: DiRT Rally [PS4] (5/9-?)
This game is awesome. Even after a few hours I feel like I got my $35 dollars worth already. This is the way to do early access. The daily, weekly, and monthly events are genius and will keep me coming back for a long, long time. The GAF events are going to be awesome as well. Punishing in a very exiting and rewarding way, just like the Souls games. Rallisport Challenge finally has a contender.

Game 14: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger [PC] (12/1-5/28)
Finally got around to finishing this one. Really solid 4 or so hours of gaming. Good graphics and shooting mechanics with an interesting story telling method. The developers definitely did a great job of portraying the western atmosphere. The shootouts at the end of the levels were especially awesome.

Game 15: Hearthstone [PC] (2014-?)
Have been playing Hearthstone since the beta. I have been playing a lot of it this week so figured I would add it to the list. Amazing card game that is fun with friends. Can't wait to try out Blackrock eventually and look forward to all the new cards to come.

Game 16: Ico [PS3] (6/15-7/19)
Amazing! I finally got around to playing this after the re-announcement of The Last Guardian hype. I am a fan of puzzle games so this really made me happy. The atmosphere and minimal story telling is so good. Controls could be better but the remaster made the game look quite nice all things considered. Cannot wait for TLG.

Game 17: The Unfinished Swan [PS4] (7/21)
Cool little game. Really like the simplistic art style and black/white theme. Definitely worth the few bucks I spent

Game 18: Rocket League [PS4] (7/24-?)
Ridiculously fun game that makes the time fly by. Hope to get better by practicing aerials more. GAF games are even better than ranked!

Game 19: Mortal Kombat [2009] [PC] (7/25-7/27)
Trying to get into fighting games and heard the story mode for this was pretty cool. Had fun running through it but had to play on the easiest difficulty because the 1v2 fights are complete BS. Oh and Khan or whatever his name is...even more ridiculous.

Game 20: Ultra Street Fighter IV [PS4] (7/28-?)
Gonna be playing this to learn how to actually play fighters. Can't wait for the SFV beta to actually work!

Game 21: Peggle 2 [PS4] (8/15)
Decided to finish this game up and clear all the base levels. Fun stuff

Game 22: Sly 2 [PS3] (8/22-9/15)
I liked this about as much as Sly 1. The concept of one giant heist in each chapter and the setup to it using each character is cool. Only thing that isn't very good is the boss fights because there really aren't any...meanwhile Sly 1's were pretty much the best part of that game. The final boss/ending was a bit of a disappointment as well compared to what I remember of the first game's ending. Look forward to 3 and 4 sometime next year before the movie comes out!

Game 23: Vanquish [PS3] (8/28-8/31)
Holy shit. I finished this last night and I now see where the GAF hype came from. Definitely the best 3rd person shooter I have played other than Gears 1/2. It has been so long since those that I can't really compare them but the boss fights in Vanquish have me leaning that way. The graphics/presentation are much better than I expected as well. Really makes me want to try the other Platinum games now. One of the best 4-5 hour gaming experiences you can have. Play this game!

Game 24: Destiny: The Taken King [PS4] (9/17-?)
So I got Destiny again...wow! I cannot believe how much better this game is than a year ago and even a 2 weeks ago from what I've been hearing. I could have cared less after beating the story and playing a few strikes when it first came out. Now I am in love. The new quest system is a total gamechanger. Loot that actually drops and continues to get better as your other gear gets better makes total sense and actually seems to work. I cannot wait to get a few more awesome weapons and try out the raid. Makes me want to go back to WoW though o_O

Game 25: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening [3DS] (10/13-10/24)
This is the first Zelda game I have played through besides Ocarina of Time way back when it came out. I was always somewhat opposed to 2D games compared to 3D ones but this game is good. The dungeons are obviously the best part but the bosses were quite mediocre I thought. It's really hard to make unique ones when restricted to a top-down view though. I enjoyed the nods to other Nintendo games (2d sections like mario and goombas, bowser heads, the kirby enemies, etc. Looking forward to playing through all the 3D Zeldas soon

Game 26: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered [PS4] (10/24-10/25)

Game 27: Journey [PS4] (11/7)
Been wanting to play this one for a long time. Can't say it was worth the hype but I enjoyed the 90 minutes it took. A bit too similar to Flower (with more boring gameplay) to really amaze me but I did love the art style and music. Will play it again in a year or two I'm sure. Looking forward to thatgamecompany's next game whatever it is.

Game 28: Alan Wake [PC] (10/30-11/10)
Took about 10 hours. Enjoyed the atmosphere and some of the ideas behind this game but the combat and general mechanics got really repetitive and boring after about 3 hours. I tried to run past as many enemies as I could by the end. Would be interested in an improved sequel for sure.

Game 29: God of War II [PS3] (9/16-11/21)
Awesome. Took me 9+ hours and loved all of it. The story was slightly confusing while playing but watching the cutscenes all at once makes it easier to understand. Played on Normal because Hard got annoying in the first game. Love the puzzles even though they are mostly very simple and of course the set pieces/atmosphere are great. One bug where the final boss glitched and has to restart but otherwise smooth goings. Cant wait to play the rest of the series.

Game 29: Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando [PS3] (11/22-12/19)
Liked this but not as much as the first. More cool guns but I used the same ones too often. Less platforming than the first from what I recall. Had to farm a bit to beat the finall boss which was slightly annoying. Looking forward to the next games.

Game 30: Star Wars: Battlefront [PS4] (12/30-12/31)
Got a free rental day from Redbox so I figured I should try this out. Graphics and the sound are wonderful. Gameplay is strange to me. The CTF mode seems like it might be the most fun because there's way less of the run die repeat that the other modes comprise of.

Maniac

Banned
*Claim*

Hopefully I'll manage to play something other than never-ending stuff like survival sims, roguelikes and online stuff like Dota and CS. Hopefully I'll beat more games than I did 2014, which was around 7. -_-

Stanng243

Game 1: Dragon Age inqusition - Way too much time played - Story mode completed
There's a lot of content here.

Game 2: Little Big Planet Vita - Story Mode Completed
I would like to share in what ever drugs these designers took.

Game 3: Lego the movie the game Vita - Completed - Platinum trophy
The on rail flying levels aren't that fun.

Game 4: Gat Out of Hell - Story Completed
Great game. Needs more
Musicals

Game 5: Murdered Soul Suspect - Platinum Trophy
I loved this game. Who knew solving your own murder could be so much fun and entertainment.

Game 6: Grim Fandango Remastered - Story Completed - Platinum Trophy
Tank controls need to die in a fire.

Game 7: Skylanders Trap Team - Beaten on Nightmare mode - Platinum Trophy
Nightmare mode is Nasty.

Game 8: Life is Strange - Chapter 1-3 Completed
I'm curious how this story plays out.

Game 9: Muramasa Rebirth - Both characters story Completed
The speedrun is evil.

Game 10: The Order - Story Completed - Platinum Trophy
The game is incredible.

Game 11: Up - Story Completed - Platinum Trophy
Yes I like my trophies.

Game 12: Twisted Lands: Shadow Town - Story Completed
The ending to this game made 0 sense to me. The only thing that made less sense is why I took the time to finish it.

Game 13: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - Main Mission Completed
That first mission took me a long time.

Game 14: Dying Light- Story Completed
The final mission is hard. The bugged trophies are evil.

Game 15: Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space - Chapters 1-5 complete
Well worth the dollar I paid.

Game 16: The Walking Dead:Season 1 on PS4 - platinum trophy

Game 17: Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunter - Story beat twice

Game 18: Disney infinity 2.0 ps4 - platinum trophy

Game 19: Criminal Girls Invite Only - Platinum Trophy

Game 20: Hannah Montana The Movie - Platinum Trophy
May Gaf forgive me for this sin.

Game 21: BorderLands the Pre-Sequel - End Boss defeated

Game 22: Terminator Salvation - Platinum Trophy

Game 23: Wonderbook: Book of Potions - Platinum Trophy

Game 24: Heavy Fire: Afghanistan - "Story" beaten on rookie

Game 25: Sly Cooper Thieves in Time - Story complete

Game 26: Monsterbag - 100% trophies
Fun little game worth a play.

Game 27: Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent - 100% trophies
While it had a variety of puzzles to play, it wasn't very fun. I hope to forget this game exists.

Game 28: SketchCross - 100% trophies
Having never played this type of game before, it was interesting.

Game 29: The Wolf Among Us PS4. Platinum Trophy

Game 30: Disney Infinity 2.0 vita version - platinum trophy
The more times you play it, it doesn't get funner.

Game 31: Lego Batman 3 vita version - platinum trophy
This is one of the best Vita Lego games I've played.

Game 32: Tales from the Borderlands - Chapter 2 Completed

Game 33: Far Cry 4 -Story Finished

Game 34: Borderlands 2 PS4 - Ding Dong, Jack is dead/

Game 35: Monsters Monpiece - Platinum Trophy

Game 36: Wolfenstein The New order - Story Complete

Game 37: Batman: Arkham Knight - Story Complete

Game 38: Lego Batman2 PSVita - Platinum Trophy

Game 39: Super Exploding Zoo - Platinum Trophy

Game 40: Godzilla - Wrecked stuff a lot

Game 41: Game of thrones telltale style - Chapters 1-3 beat

Game 42: Lego Jurassic park - Vita - Platinum Trophy

Game 43: Journey PS4 - Story finished - Better muted

Game 44: Hatoful Boyfriend - Vita - One ending finished

Game 45: Actual Sunlight -Vita - 100% trophies
This is a really interesting game about depression.

Game 46: Submerged - PS4 - Story Complete
This game is gorgeous.

Game 47: Everybody's Gone to the rapture - PS4 - Story Complete
This game is Pretentious as Fuck.

Game 48: Until Dawn - PS4 - Platinum Trophy
This game is fun as hell.

Game 49: Disney Infinity 3.0 - PS3 - Platinum Trophy
So much better then 2.0.

Game 50: Lego Dimensions - PS4 - Platinum Trophy
best toys to life game yet.

Game 51: Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 - Vita - Platinum Trophy

Game 52: Lego the Hobbit - Vita - Story Complete

Game 53: Skylander Superchargers - Platinum trophy

Vertti

1: Kirby's Dream Land (GB) - 1h (05/01/15-06/01/15) 6,0
It's a familiar Kirby game without the copy ability. Very short and easy so can't rate it highly. Still at least you hear and see a lot of stuff that has become staple for the series

2: Kirby's Dream Land 2 (GB) - 5h (06/01/15-07/01/15) 7,0
Much bigger and better. Kirby has three animal friends and he can suck enemies for abilities. Over 30 levels means the game isn't laughably short like its predecessor. The good ending demands you to collect some bullshit stuff which made me very frustrated. Fortunately the last boss was pretty good so I think it was kinda worth it (no it wasn't).

3: Metal Slug (Neogeo) - 1h (12/01/15-12/01/15)
It's good arcade run and gun with great graphics but lots of slowdown. Really want to try this with a friend.

4: Advance Wars (GBA) – 19h (30/12/14-13/01/15) 9,0
Very deep and a fun war strategy. I only scratched the surface by finishing the main campaing but there would be a lot more to do! I give this rest and maybe come back some day. The two final levels were damn good fun with some nerve wracking moments.

5: Batman: The Brave and Bold (DS) – 2h (16/01/15-17/01/15) 7,0
It looks good and plays pretty well. You can use many characters and will fight many bosses.On the other hand, it's very short and easy game. I wouldn't pay too much over $10 to get it.

Claiming this One..
I bombed hard in 2014, failure won't be tolerated!
upd: sweet vacation! 19 days of just gaming, pool, and relax.. thanks god :p

Completed 19
1: Muramasa (PsVita) - 17h (05/01/15-19/01/15) 7,5 the 2d game we need and don't deserve!
2: Long live the queen(Steam) - 3h (05/04/15-05/04/15) 7,5.. i can fail so many way it's not even funny :p
3: Tales of Xillia 2(Ps3) - 37h (05/01/15-19/04/2015) 7,5
4: Danganronpa(PsVita) - 17h (01/04/15-03/05/2015) 8.. despair is always good!
5: Fairy Fencer F(Ps3) - 29h (01/04/15-15/05/2015) 6.. gahhh galapagos games are not for me!
6: Tiars to Tiara 2 (Ps3) - 48h (15/05/15-31/05/2015) 7.5! unexpectedly good anf ulfilling! a lot of text, but worth it
7: Guided Fate Paradox (Ps3) - 39h (31/05/15-17/06/2015) 6.5! solid roguelike, really, but even for a nisa game the story was really poor
8: Divinity: Original Sin (Pc) - 29h (17/06/15-28/06/2015) 8! story was okaysh, music was good, battle system was GREAT! a bit too long winded at the end but good!
9: Blackwell Legacy (Pc) - 1.5h (29/06/15-29/06/2015) 5.5.. even with all my love for point and click this was forgettable.. hopefully the other chapters are better
10: Blackwell Unbound (Pc) - 2h (30/06/15-08/07/2015) 5.5..hope hopes... [/B]
11: Blackwell Convergence(Pc) - 1.2h (09/07/15-12/07/2015) 6.. better than previous iterations, still sadly forgettable..
12: Blackwell Deception (Pc) - 1.6h (12/07/15-13/07/2015) 7!!! frigging finally the story starts to pick up! it was about time!
13: Blackwell Epiphany(Pc) - 3h (14/07/15-17/07/2015) 7 a nice wrap-up, though i think for some aspect i liked deception's case better, and some character like tanya were a bit underused.. but oh well
14: Astebreed(Pc) - 3h (18/07/15-18/07/2015) 7
15: Alpha Protocl(Pc) - 15h (14/07/15-01/08/2015) 7
16: Sequence(Pc) - 12h (??/??/14-08/08/2015) 7
17: Banner Saga (Pc) - 9h(10/08/15-11/08/2015) 6.5 interesting experiment, but falls short in a lot of aspect.. a good adaptation of old rpg-book-game where you gave some dynamic to interaction with story, but the story per se is shabby, and don't get me even started on the combat :|
18: Analogue: A Hate Story(Pc) - 2h (11/08/2015-11/08/2015) 6.5 Good story, but there is very little space for any user interaction.. thought it was a point&click novel, instead it's pretty much a novell.. gonna finsh the other one as well just for completion
19: to the moon (Pc) - 2h (11/08/2015-11/08/2015) 8 started slow, then it grew on me

Currently Working on
1: Conception 2 (PsVita) - xxh (12/05/15-xx/xx/2015)
2: Samurai Warriors 4 (Ps4) - xxh (11/07/15-xx/xx/2015)
3: Torchlight 2 (Pc) - xxh (04/06/14-xx/xx/2015)
4: Warlock (Pc) - xxh (02/09/15-xx/xx/2015)
5: Dragon nest (Pc) - xxh (11/09/15-xx/xx/2015) (fully geared lancer to consider cleared again)
6: Cytus (Ios) - xxh (02/08/14-xx/xx/2015) (70% + on all tracks on both easy and hard)

Kilvin

JTHbfTm.jpg

1) LEGO BATMAN 3: Beyond Gotham
Platform: PS4
Started: Dec. 2014 Completed: Jan. 4, 2015.
Total Playtime: ???

My son and I played and beat this one together in co-op. I started out really not caring for the game as there were a lot of elements that irritated me about it but I ended up liking it a bit afterwards. I am glad I was playing with my son though, because otherwise I would have given up on it.

We'll now spend our time trying to get the Platinum like we did with the Lego Movie Game. I also bought the two DLC levels and the 75th anniversary character pack after we beat the game so my son is excited to play those as well.

PVA2ICy.jpg

2) POKEMON OMEGA RUBY
Platform: 3DS
Started: Nov. 21, 2014 Completed: Jan. 4, 2015.
Total Playtime: 38 hrs 48 mins

Two games completed in one day? I think that might be a first for me. Starting the year off well for this challenge. I still need to do the Delta Episode and get the other Legendaries plus I plan on trying to get a complete pokedex. I'll be working on that one throughout the year between games.

Below is my final team that I took on the Elite 4 with.

Elite 4 Team:

- Metagross LVL 63
- Swampert LVL 58
- Lampent LVL 56
- Banette LVL 55
- Glalie LVL 53
- Mawile LVL 45

yGyxKHX.jpg

3) Bugs VS. Tanks
Started: 2014 Completed: Jan. 11, 2015.
Total Playtime: 4:52

jusNwvR.jpg

4) FINAL HORIZON
Platform: PS Vita
Started: Jan. 11, 2015 Completed : Jan. 18, 2015.
Total Playtime: 5 hrs

2015 CHALLENGE TRACKER: 4/52

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'm in.

*May 2015 edit*
holy fuck I've only completed like 4 or 5 games since January

SteHitch

Neo Member
I will have another go at this after completing it this year. It is a great way to clear some of the backlog.

Games finished: 62

January

1) Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Developed by: Level-5
Time to beat: 19 hours 11 minutes
Rating: 7.5/10

2) Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Developed by: Superbot Entertainment & SCE Santa Monica Studio
Platform: PS3
Time to beat: 12 hours 11 minutes (Platinum trophy)
Rating: 5/10

3) Prototype 2
Developed by: Radical Entertainment
Time to beat: 15 hours 29 minutes (Platinum trophy)
Rating: 6.5/10

4) Infamous: Festival of Blood
Developed by: Sucker Punch Productions
Time to beat: 3 hours 48 minutes (100%)
Rating: 5.5/10

5) The Swapper
Developed by: Facepalm Games/Curve Digital
Time to beat: 5 hours 41 minutes (100%)
Rating: 8/10

6) Jak II: Renegade
Developed by: Naughty Dog/Mass Media Inc.
Time to beat: 18 hours 9 minutes (Platinum trophy)
Rating: 4.5/10

7) Jak 3
Developed by: Naughty Dog/Mass Media Inc.
Time to beat: 14 hours 41 minutes

8) Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Developed by: Slant Six Games
Time to beat: 7 hours 26 minutes
Rating: 7/10

9) Homefront
Developed by: Kaos Studios
Time to beat: 8 hours 47 minutes
Rating: 5.5/10

February

10) Duke Nukem Forever
Developed by: 3D Realms/Triptych Games/Gearbox Software
Time to beat: 25 hours 53 minutes (Platinum trophy)

11) Shadows of the Damned
Developed by: Grasshopper Manufacture
Time to beat: 21 hours 50 minutes (Platinum trophy)
Rating: 9/10

12) Lollipop Chainsaw
Time to beat: 9 hours 15 minutes

13) Killer is Dead
Time to beat: 17 hours 11 minutes

14) Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
Developed by: Namco Bandai Games Inc.
Time to beat: 7 hours 27 minutes

15) LEGO The Lord of the Rings
Developed by: Traveller's Tales
Time to beat: 13 hours 25 minutes (Platinum trophy)

16) Escape Plan
Developed by: Fun Bits Interactive
Time to beat: 3 hours 38 minutes

March

17) Pokemon Shuffle
Developed by: Genius Sonority
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Time to beat: 21 hours 33 minutes

18) PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Developed by: Bluepoint Games
Time to beat: 10 hours 41 minutes (Platinum trophy)
Rating: 6/10

19) Darksiders II - Limited Edition
Developed by: Vigil Games
Time to beat: 42 hours 53 minutes (Platinum trophy)

April

20) Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland
Developed by: Gust
Time to beat: 36 hours 2 minutes (True Ending)

21) Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time HD
Developed by: Ubisoft Montreal
Time to beat: 10 hours 16 minutes (Platinum trophy)

22) Prince of Persia: Warrior Within HD
Time to beat: 13 hours 48 minutes

23) Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones HD
Time to beat: 8 hours 42 minutes

24) Sleeping Dogs - Definitive Edition
Developed by: United Front Games
Time to beat: 33 hours 21 minutes (Platinum trophy)

May

25) Gran Turismo 6
Developed by: Polyphony Digital
Time to beat: 62 hours (Platinum trophy)
Rating: 8.5/10

26) Contrast
Developed by: Compulsion Games
Time to beat: 3 hours 35 minutes (100%)

27) Never Alone
Developed by: Upper One Games
Time to beat: 4 hours 5 minutes (100%)

28) Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Developed by: Mercury Steam
Time to beat: 24 hours 28 minutes (including DLC)

June

29) The Evil Within
Developed by: Tango Gameworks
Time to beat: 22 hours 40 minutes

30) Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Time to beat: 21 hours 13 minutes

31) Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Developed by: MachineGames
Time to beat: 8 hours 41 minutes

32) Ether One
Developed by: White Paper Games
Time to beat: 8 hours 30 minutes (Platinum trophy)

33) Alien: Isolation
Developed by: Creative Assembly
Time to beat: 17 hours 53 minutes

34) Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z
Developed by: Team Ninja
Time to beat: 11 hours 42 minutes

35) L.A. Noire - The Complete Edition
Developed by: Team Bondi
Time to beat: 32 hours 10 minutes (Platinum trophy)

July

36) Hyperdimension Neptunia
Developed by: Idea Factory
Time to beat: 43 hours 11 minutes

37) Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
Time to beat: 10 hours 53 minutes (Platinum trophy)

38) Super Exploding Zoo
Developed by: Honeyslug Ltd.
Platform: PS VIta
Time to beat: 6 hours 56 minutes (Platinum trophy)

39) Murasaki Baby
Developed by: Ovosonico
Time to beat: 1 hour 58 minutes (100%)

40) Rocket League
Developed by: Psyonix
Time to beat: 26 hours 32 minutes (Platinum trophy)

41) MonsterBag
Developed by: IguanaBee
Time to beat: 2 hours 14 minutes (100%)

August

42) Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Time to beat: 12 hours 55 minutes (Platinum trophy)

43) The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Developed by: Nintendo EAD Group No. 3
Time to beat: 13 hours 45 minutes
Rating: 9.5/10

44) Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2
Developed by: Idea Factory
Time to beat: 33 hours 37 minutes

45) Devil May Cry HD
Developed by: Capcom
Time to beat: 6 hours 38 minutes

September

46) Devil May Cry 2 HD
Time to beat: 5 hours 56 minutes - Both Dante and Lucia combined

47) Devil May Cry 3 HD
Time to beat: 8 hours 46 minutes

48) Project X Zone
Developed by: Monolith Soft
Time to beat: 60 hours 52 minutes

49) Need For Speed: Rivals
Developed by: Ghost Games
Time to beat: 15 hours 48 minutes

50) Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Developed by: Crystal Dynamics
Time to beat: 4 hours 31 minutes

51) Battlefield Hardline
Developed by: Visceral Games
Time to beat: 36 hours 54 minutes (Platinum trophy)

52) The Walking Dead: Season One Plus 400 Days
Developed by: Telltale Games
Time to beat: 12 hours 10 minutes (Platinum trophy)

53) Mousecraft
Developed by: Crunching Koalas
Time to beat: 3 hours 58 minutes (100%)

October

54) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD
Developed by: Kojima Productions
Time to beat: 13 hours 07 minutes

55) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
Time to beat: 12 hours 56 minutes (Platinum trophy)

56) The Unfinished Swan
Developed by: Giant Sparrow
Time to beat: 2 hours 50 minutes

57) Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD
Time to beat: 35 hours 32 minutes

58) Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Time to beat: 8 hours 22 minutes

November

59) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Time to beat: 130 hours 11 minutes
Rating: 10/10

60) The Order 1886
Developed by: Ready at Dawn
Time to beat: 7 hours 44 minutes (Platinum trophy)

61) Contra III: The Alien Wars
Developed by: Konami
Platform: SNES
Time to beat: 1 hour 12 minutes

62) The Walking Dead: Season Two
Developed by: Telltale Games
Time to beat: 7 hours 58 minutes (100%)

December

63) Driveclub
Developed by: Evolution Studios
Time to beat: in progress
Rating: /10

)
Developed by:
Platform:
Time to beat:
Rating: /10

Iryx

Claiming this post.

Don't know how successful I'm going to be, but I'm atleast going to try.

January:

Game 1: One-Way Heroics - 4 Hours Played
Nice Rogue-lite game, where the world is being envolped in an neverstopping wall of darkness meaning you always have to keep on the move. Dying will give you currency to spend on unlocking new classes and perks for future runs, giving you more and more options to play as. I beat it on the easiest and normal difficulty, and there are two more difficulty levels to go that I haven't tried out yet.

Game 2: Clicker Heroes
An incremental browser game I've been running in the background since december, it really hooked me and I've put way too much time into it. It's simple and fun enough to just open it and check back every 5 or 10 minutes while browsing.

Game 3: Hearthstone
My main multiplayer-game, been playing since the end of closed beta, and I still play every week, mainly arena lately since I need to get some of the new cards.

Game 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal - 12 hours played
Really enjoyable roguelike, I haven't been able to progress much further than level 10 yet though. Very different playstyles for most classes, I will probably return to this later this year and try and complete it.

Game 5: Path of Exile - 10 hours played
Tried to get back into this game, but got bored with it after a couple of days.

Game 6: HuniePop - 13 hours played
Played it for the Plot.

Working on:
Final Fantasy 8 -21 hours so far, on disc 2.

Krafter

It's on, again. I need to work on killing off my Wii, PS2 and PSP backlogs as they have all been replaced by shiny, newer toys.

Game 1: Fez (Vita) - January 1 - 9 hours
Interesting platformer with some brutal have-to-look-them-up puzzles. Went fairly quickly once you just focus on finding cubes. Beat the game faster than I thought, but I found this way overhyped.

Game 2: Soulcalibur II HD Online (PS3) - January 10 - 17 hours
One of my go-to games during Christmas time, played the Hell out of this, using Talim to go through Weapon Master. A lot of fun, and this was my first Soulcalibur game. I can see the series being my #2 fighting game favourite after Street Fighter if the other games hold up as well. My 5th Platinum Trophy.

Game 3: Angry Birds (Android) - January 14 - 15 hours
Have had this game installed for 2-3 years, and at this point have beaten all the regular levels with my oldest daughter. There are so many variations and add-ons, so I'm calling the matter settled and the base game beaten. Fun in short bursts, but I'm not entirely sure where the hoopla comes from here either.

Game 4: Virtua Fighter 2 (PS3) - January 16 - 3 hours
Used Jeffrey and beat the game, then some deathmatches with the wife where we jumped about the ring, Crouching-Tiger style. Does not hold up well, and hard to keep playing with so many quality fighters in my backlog.

Game 5: Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers (Wii) - January 18 - 17 hours
Silly and fun game about models killing zombies. Very low-budget, grindhouse feel, blood everywhere, easy mechanics for the most part. Beat with all 4 girls, oddly enough, I found the titular bikini girl to have the worst outfit of the bunch.

Game 6: Runaway: the Dream of the Turtle (PC) - January 20 - 11 hours
A Mixed bag. Pendulo has fantastic artwork and characters, but the gameplay itself is so-so and Brian continues to be one of the worst gaming leads this side of Kratos.

Game 7: Silent Hill: Homecoming (PS3) - January 23 - 16 hours
Flawed, but well worth the playthough. Double Helix sticks to the formula enough to craft an enjoyable SH experience, with great visuals, monsters and sounds. Unravels towards the end as the story reveals itself and the movie influences seep through, though.

Game 8: Star Wars: the Clone Wars - Republic Heroes (DS) - January 26 - 7 hours
Ugh, completely went downhill from the (far) superior original. Cheap platforming deaths, poor clone trooper segments where we just want to be the Jedi. Mission format and character selection was vastly improved from the 1st, but that's about it.

Game 9: LittleBigPlanet (PS3) - February 7 - 20 hours
Beautiful platformer, light-hearted and fun, superb narration by Stephen Fry. Both games in the series I have played I loved, so at this point I actually prefer the LBP games to Nintendo's platformers. My only complaint is maybe this sort of game should have infinite lives at the checkpoints as it's not a competition.

Game 10: Mystery Quest: Curse of the Ancient Spirits (DS) - February 14 - 6 hours
Utterly forgettable hidden-object game played through with my wife in a weekend where we were both sick on the couch. Decent graphics, terrible controls. Oh well.

Game 11: Tekken 5 (PS2) - February 25 - 5 hours
Liked it, beat the story mode with King (my main) and Raven. Part of my eternally failing mission to retire my PS2, 1 more game down.

Game 12: Ice Climber (NES) - March 4 - 4 hours
Ambassador game, another one that I had not played before, growing up with Atari and the Commodore 64 rather than Nintendo. Fun platformer, reminds me of a predecessor to Donkey Kong (unsure which came first), but not much else to do once you abuse save game states to beat the game.

Game 13: High Velocity Bowling (PS3) - March 7 - 4 hours
Multiplayer bowling game with surprisingly great controls, using the sixaxis rather than the move controller. Got smashed by pros online, so just played half a dozen games with my wife before retiring this title. Wish all the balls / characters were unlocked from the start, though.

Game 14: Naughty Bear (PS3) - March 14 - 11 hours
Stealth/Murder simulator that plays kinda like Metal Gear with Teddy Bears. Entirely forgettable with terrible controls, game is somewhat redeemed by the excellent narrator that provokes Naughty Bear into mass murder over trivial slights.

Game 15: Forest (Android) - March 19 - 4 hours
Slender man clone, with a Japanese drowned-girl ghost instead of Slender. Pretty good after a poor first impression, great jump scares once you get going on the scavenger hunt. Not a lot of content (2 levels) but it totally works for nighttime gaming with headphones on.

Game 16: Dead Nation (PS3) - March 23 - 12 hours
Top down shooter in the vein of Alien Breed or Alien Shooter, but with tons and tons of zombies. Absolutely great game, simple mechanics, just jump in and blast away. Plenty of beef here, multiple maps, weapons and difficulties. A gem.

Game 17: Assassin's Creed (PC) - March 30 - 25 hours
My first non-handheld foray into the Assassin's Creed franchise. I thought it controlled horribly, and it seemed like most of my battles were with the interface, jumping in and out of modes by accident. Never felt I actually was in complete control. However, the game is strikingly beautiful, uses a great time period and setting, and probably the best-realized cities (the crowds, ambience, ect.) in any game to date. A good game, albeit flawed, would be my final verdict.

Game 18: Ar Tonelico Melody of Elemia (PS2) - April 1 - 44 hours
Beautiful RPG with incredible, haunting music. In game visuals were standard fare, but the character designs and portraits are top-notch, heroes and villains alike. I chose Mischa's path, and besides for a long slog through the tower in the middle of part 2, the game never lost pace or became a chore. I liked the combat where it was all about the 'mages', who were the key to everything and the focal point of the game, and you are more or less the bodyguard. My first Gust RPG, won't be the last.

Game 19: The Pinball Arcade (PS3) - April 11 - 3 hours
Very faithful pinball simulation, with classic tables recreated. Well made, but the wife and I (she's the big pinball fan) both prefer the Zen Pinball games, so I got the high scores on the available tables and called it a day.

Game 20: The King of Fighters '95 (PSP) - April 16 - 3 hours
As with the rest of the KOF PSP games, fun classic KOF gameplay, looks great, marred by terrible load times. Beat the game with the Ikari Warriors team, smooth sailing save for Omega Rugal, who was pretty ridiculous.

Game 21: Warcraft III: the Frozen Throne (PC) - April 24 - 30 hours
Finally put the entirety of Warcraft III to rest. Solid RTS with Blizzard polish, but it never came close to Warcraft II for me. It was a good, meaty campaign, tying up loose ends from the original game's story.

Game 22: Secret Ponchos (PS4) - April 26 - 10 hours
Fun, top-down multiplayer shooter with good art and a western theme. Did well early, then waded into the deep end of the pool and got shot up a bit. Good while it lasted, though.

Game 23: Yakuza (PS2) - April 28 - 17 hours
Stellar title. Semi-open-world brawler in Japan starring the manliest protagonist in gaming. Sega lives on, everything about Yakuza was fun, unique and cool at the same time, with a great cast and story. Kazuma is a ridiculous badass, while being honorable and extremely loyal at the same time, you really get into taking on the task at hand. I'm all in for the Yakuza series now, consider every game in the series bought.

Game 24: Infamous (PS3) - May 2 - 20 hours
Wow, this really snuck up on me, first time I have seen my childhood dream of 'open-world Super Hero game' realized. Mobility was prefect, giving you infinite freedom without being too overpowered. Cole is pretty much your generic western main character, but the baddies were interesting and the slow unveiling of the larger plot was handled very well, particularly the ending. A GOTY contender (2009) and great start to a series.

Game 25: Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends (DS) - May 5 - 5 hours
Very silly and cute game, with a million different recipies to cook, but all quick enough that you can play them all in little bursts. Mama's voice is endearing, and little things like breaking eggs are somehow made charming. My oldest daughter did most of the heavy lifting, I cleaned up the harder meals, so her overall play time is far greater than mine, but I'm still counting it.

Game 26: Codename: Gordon (PC) - May 11 - 3 hours
Quick run and gun platformer starring the one and only Gordon Freeman. Okay at the outset, but the 2nd level with the jeep was awesome and the highlight of the game. It was marred by the mouse controls as I found it very easy to be turned around and shooting the wrong way as Aliens chew on your backside. Great menu music too, very silly.

Game 27: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (PS3) - May 16 - 11 hours
I didn't bother with the open world much, but the campaign was great and probably my 2nd favourite in the series. I'm glad the characters are finally talking now, and the Superman theme when flying was out of nowhere, a great move. I Love these games, I try to play 1 or 2 every year.

Game 28: Final Fantasy IV: the After Years (PSP) - May 26 - 45 hours
Very impressive followup to the original classic game. Everything's in here: the complete cast, 5 man party combat, the maps, enemies, ect. Very difficult at times, but a satisfying conclusion to the FFIV universe. The best Final Fantasy game I've played in years, I'll take an old-school FFXVI, thank you very much.

Game 29: Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (DS) - June 1 - 38 hours
A classic that does absolutely everything right. Turn-based gameplay, next to zero grind, obvious end-goals, tons to do. Adds themes of family, children, marriage and friendship, woven into the main quest to a perfect degree. As a Dad with three kids, it hits on levels other games cannot, and is my new GOTY for 2009 and my new favourite Dragon Quest game.

Game 30: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (PS4) - June 7 - 20 hours
Rock solid gameplay, an odd cross of Smash TV and a Roguelike. Could have done without the themes, or piles of nuggetty shit everywhere though. Not one of my favourites.

Game 31: Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition (Vita) - June 10 - 20 hours
Hail to the King, baby! Amazing how quickly the old levels came back to me, I remembered secrets, enemy layouts, everything. A faithful port of a classic from the heyday of shooters.

Game 32: Ducktales Remastered (PS3) - June 18 - 4 hours
Solid platformer, spiced up with the great Ducktales characters and music. Beat it on easy in a weekend, lots of family fun. Another PS Plus Gem I probably would not have bought on my own.

Game 33: Fat Princess: Piece of cake (Vita) - June 23 - 18 hours
Far better than one would think, classic match-three gameplay wrapped in a additional game layer of your little 4-man army escorting said princess. Bright color, good sound effects too.

Game 34: Transformers: Human Alliance (Arcade) - June 26 - 1 hour
Co-op arcade shooter that the wife and I played through in one sitting while at a niece's birthday party in a water park. Fun, short levels, but pretty standard fare for the genre.

Game 35: Jeopardy! (PS3) - June 27 - 26 hours
Very accurate rendition of the trivia show in video game format. Questions taken from previously used ones on TV, I played 51 games and did not run into doubles until the last 4 games or so. Highly recommended if you like the TV show. My 6th Platinum Trophy.

Game 36: Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (PC) - July 1 - 31 hours
Troika's swan song, an incredible and unique RPG populated with crazy characters, beautiful women, monsters, dry humor, great dialogue, you name it. A classic, GOTY contender (I have it 2nd) and one that should not be missed.

Game 37: Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires (PS3) - July 8 - 22 hours
Continues the Omega force tradition where the Empires game is better than the main game itself, but has flaws as compared to earlier iterations. The friend mechanic is very cool, though, even better than the bodyguards of previous entries. My 7th Platinum Trophy.

Game 38: Fatal Frame III: the Tormented (PS2) - July 19 - 17 hours
Another great entry in a consistently great, underrated series. Suitably quiet and creepy, the addition of the Silent Hill 4 style "house breaks" was a nice touch, but I do wish your camera upgrades could have stuck around between all three characters, as little sense as that makes. Sure wish we got Fatal Frame IV over here.

Game 39: Rome: Total War (PC) - July 23 - 9 hours
Standard Total War quality, great map and setting, and everything in the style of the Romans just seems cooler. Played included campaigns on easy with battles off (not a huge fan) so I could finish in a week and move on to the expansions. Possibly my 2nd favourite after Shogun.

Game 40: Samurai Shodown VI (PSP) - July 26 - 3 hours
The end (apparently) of a great series. A poor port, but the game itself is fine. Could not beat Iroha's last match, so switched back to Mina and beat her story instead.

Game 41: NCAA Football 12 (PS3) - July 30 - 6 hours
Played through an entire season as Alabama, ran the ball 95% of the time and pounded my way to another BCS Title, as God intended. Roll Tide. This series needs to settle the lawsuit, pay a stipend, and come back with the actual players' likenesses rather than generic "Running Back #3!"

Game 42: Apotheon (PS4) - August 2 - 10 hours
Stellar art, music and atmosphere elevate the old school jump and slash gameplay into very high levels. Quite possibly my favourite art from any western-developed (Canada, in this case) game, ever. I would take a Theseus or Perseus game in the same vein any day of the week.

Game 43: Battlefield Play4free (PC) - August 5 - 4 hours
The servers closed on July 15 apparently, I didn't know it and didn't uninstall until later. Solid enough gunplay, but hard to justify if you have any other shooting game on your hard drive. Irrelevant now, I suppose.

Game 44: Plants vs. Zombies (Vita) - August 8 - 21 hours
Simple, addicting, fun, this game surprised me greatly. Very easy 'campaign', but the challenges and survival provided some pushback. As a touch-control hater, I found the controls easy and intuitive. My 8th Platinum Trophy.

Game 45: Blood II: the Chosen (PC) - August 13 - 13 hours
Very LTTP, the sequel to the 1997 classic, which had incredible weapons, music, sounds and levels and is a top 10 FPS of all-time. The Chosen has absolutely none of those qualities and is the worst game Monolith has ever done and possibly the worst drop-off in a sequel's quality of all-time. Ugh.

Game 46: Thief: Deadly Shadows (PC) - August 17 - 28 hours
Falls short of the 2 classics, but is very solid in it's own right and a worthy entry to the series. The open City was a misstep, with the bite-size zones really hurting the game. Shalebridge and Gamall, however, are both great and rival anything from the 1st two games. Sounds and voices are top-notch as expected, considering the return of Eric and Terry Brosius. The Keepers are the most interesting faction of the big three, really pulling the combined story of all three games together to come full circle.

Game 47: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Wii) - August 19 - 9 hours
Superb. Stripped down at first glance, NMH2 makes up for it quickly with 50% more Bosses and both Henry and Shinobu playable. A Video game's Video game, with horrible puns and obvious nods throughout, populated with a new cast of zany characters headed by a God-tier main in Travis and possibly the hottest woman in all of gaming, Sylvia. My new 2010 GOTY.

Game 48: Canabalt (PSP) - August 21 - 1 hour
Very simple gameplay, but I guess that's the point of the Endless Runner genre. Good pixel art but not much else.

Game 49: Tales of Symphonia (PS3) - August 29 - 60 hours
Long, beefy RPG with a ton of content and a solid combat system. Characters were pretty generic, save for Sheena and Zelos, who were both fantastic. Story was a bit melodramatic and predictable, but in this case it was the journey, not the destination. My first Tales game, surprisingly enough, considering my love for the genre.

Game 50: Skullgirls Encore (PS3) - September 5 - 6 hours
Good, not great, fighter. I always appreciate hand drawn stuff over CG models. Terrific animations, both idling and in movement. Played through each girl's story line, Cerebella was my best but Valentine my favourite.

Game 51: Me and My Katamari (PSP) - September 11 - 7 hours
Ah, Katamari. The conversion to handheld had some growing pains to get used to in the controls, and there is not a ton of content here, but everything else is Katamari perfection: gameplay (in the truest sense of the word), music, the King of all Cosmos and general Katamari insanity. Another fabulous entry in a fabulous series.

Game 52: The Swapper (PS4) - September 14 - 5 hours
Really Superb puzzler in an oppressive, alienating, borderline-horror atmosphere. Dead quiet save for the sounds of technology for most of the game, very reminiscent of Alien. Minimalist narrative opens things up to an endless supply of questions, almost from the very outset. I was enthralled from the start, a highly recommended game.

Game 53: SWAT 4 (PC) - September 17 - 9 hours
Out of Irrational's wheelhouse, SWAT 4 has no real story, humour or characters for that matter. What it does have is top-notch tactical gameplay, each mission is a self-contained puzzle, some very quick with 1-2 perps, others full blown shootouts. A very good thinking-man's shooter.

Game 54: Escape Plan (Vita) - September 21 - 5 hours
Puzzle / Platform game with excellent black & white graphics and textures. 80+ levels, but all are quite short and sweet, ideal for little bursts here and there. Another PS Plus Gem which I may have overlooked otherwise.

Game 55: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3) - September 24 - 10 hours
Would have preferred more exploration levels and less gunplay, but overall a great experience. Solid enough gameplay, but the real star is the characters, voices and the setting and the closest thing to Indiana Jones and Allan Quatermain in gaming to date. Perfect length for this sort of game as well.

Game 56: Ankh (PC) - September 26 - 9 hours
Adventure game that's light on puzzles and long on humor. Too many modern references for my tastes, but this reminds me of a cross between Money Island and the Runaway games and was silly throughout. Had some issues finding stuff on the screen and had to reference a walkthrough.

Game 57: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (DS) - September 28 - 13 hours
Oh yeah. Layton is now 2 for 2, these games are absolutely perfect. Fun, fast puzzles, charming graphics and characters, I smile every time I load the game up. Puzzles were a notch below the Curious Village (and really easy), but the story cut scenes and voices were more frequent, somewhat evening things out. Anyone with a 3DS/DS needs these games.

Game 58: Star Wars: Republic Commando (PC) - October 8 - 7 hours
Very cool shooter where you control a squad of 4 rather than going lone wolf. All 4 members are well done, with different voices and skills, though I would not have complained if Temura Morrison were all four for obvious reasons. Could have been better optimized for the PC, perhaps. Game is perfect shooter length, with three long beefy missions that tie into the Clone War timeline pretty well.

Game 59: Dead or Alive: Dimensions (3DS) - October 12 - 9 hours
My first DOA game, found it a mixed bag. Story mode was standard Fighting game fare. Played the various challenges until I unlocked all characters/outfits. The mechanics did not jive with me well, I found everyone played too similar for my tastes and wound up maining Hitomi. Game looked great, though.

Game 60: SWAT 4: the Stetchkov Syndicate (PC) - October 17 - 4 hours
More of the same with the expansion, and that's a good thing. 7 new missions, roughly half the size of the base game which had 13. Final Mission against the Syndicate itself was the best in the entire series.

Game 61: Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (3DS) - October 19 - 11 hours
Ah, Punch-Out!!, one of my favourites from the 80s, the original 2 arcade games were GOTYs for me in my youth. Mr. Dream, however, was an exercise in frustration for me, showing just how far my middle-aged reflexes have diminished. The game is still great, but I unfortunately am not.

Game 62: Rome: Total War: Alexander (PC) - October 25 - 9 hours
The last leg of Rome: Total War, and my favourite campaign of the lot. Alexander himself is the most overpowered unit in Total War history. It makes sense, both historically and in the game, as you have scant number of turns to conquer the near east. I pulled it off, but not after 2 re-loads in the mid game during the conquest of Babylon.

Game 63: Darkstalkers Chronicle: the Chaos Tower (PSP) - October 28 - 4 hours
Mained Sasquatch again through both Arcade modes a few times and a run through the Chaos Tower itself. Fun, but no real desire to continue onwards.

Game 64: Soulcalibur: Lost Swords (PS3) - November 2 - 9 hours
The gameplay itself is fine, but you are basically locked to one character without going through a bunch of crap and the game boils down into a "make sure I log in for daily rewards" routine and little else. Free game, though, so it feels poor form to complain. Got all the trophies and bailed.

Game 65: Sacred (PC) - November 9 - 34 hours
Fabulous game, open-world action RPG, severely underrated. Large array of classes and playstyles, large enough inventory where loot is not a drag on gameplay, simple, easy Diablo-like controls. I will save the Underworld expansion until next year for variety's sake.

Game 66: Funky Barn 3D (3DS) - November 13 - 5 hours
Silly Farm sim that plays like Harvest Moon's weird younger brother. Grow food, feed the animals, then 'harvest' them with wacky machines. Wasn't a big fan, but my eldest daughter thought it great fun to play together, so that's what we did.

Game 67: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (PS3) - November 16 - 18 hours
Solid Fighter, and Midway's last game. Beat the game's story modes and Arcade mode once with all 22 characters. Story is silly where Sub-Zero can somehow fight with Superman and Darkseid, but the gameplay is classic MK. The DC characters seem less fleshed out, for obvious reasons.

Game 68: The King of Fighters '96 (PSP) - November 22 - 2 hours
Standard SNK handheld fare yet again, good game but lousy port. Beat the game with a makeshift team of Joe, Mature and Ralf. Final boss was actually a fair fight by SNK standards, imagine that.

Game 69: Just Dance 4 (PS3) - November 27 - 14 hours
As the lone male in a house full of girls, Just Dance gets a lot of play time. Did every song at least once, then stuck to the handful of "old-man" songs (as my daughters call them) that I liked. Got all the trophies that I am able to get, considering the matter closed.

This is my spot.

Backlog:

Dagonronpa 2
Metroid Prime 1,2,3
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Shadow of Mordor
Shin Megamei Tensei 4
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
The Witcher 2
Dark Souls 2
Forza Horizon 2
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
The Wolf Among US
Xenoblade
Broken Age
Sonic Generations
Remember Me
Kirby Triple Deluxe

Okay so Lets do this.

Game Number #1- Lord of the Rings Shadow of Mordor- Finished in about 13 hours. Game was pretty good but the story was super weak.

Game Number #2 - Just Started Dragon Age Inquisition and I am loving it so far. About 4 hours into it.

Davide

mltH7Ue.jpg

Game 1: L.A. Noire - 25 hours [Finished February 9] [PS3]

Rating: 8.5

When I started playing this I would have never expected to be finishing it any time soon. I was fully engrossed by this. The game is obviously flawed, the graphics are dated, I didn't even care for the design of L.A., and I don't know if I'd play it again, but I loved the conversation and interrogation system. The story kept me interested, ending on a dark but perfect note for noir. The cases kept me hooked enough that I only played this game, for a few hours every night. This is one of the games that I really missed when I finished, even just for driving in L.A. with music of the 1920's playing.

YD6xEVL.jpg

Game 2: Assassin's Creed: Unity - 20 hours [February 12] [PS4]

Rating: 6.5

The game is beautiful, but this has to be my least favorite Assassin's Creed so far. Relative to everything else, the framerate and pop-in didn't even bother me. The writing is dense. The modern sections were the worst yet and only helped to ruin the ambience of the game. The combat was not enjoyable. Arno as a main character was completely forgettable and I didn't get his motivation. Most of the major historical events were limited to the co-op missions, and it was terrible how these could all be played out of order. The French Revolution is one period in history that I've really studied, and I didn't feel that this game did it any justice. I had no idea which side of the revolution my character or the assassins were on; main historical figures like Robespierre were barely included. I was playing Red Dead Redemption at the same time as this game, and after that and L.A. Noire, it really showed me how much worse Ubisoft's storytelling is in comparison. Ubisoft really needs to get this series back on track with some direction. I have a new appreciation for Black Flag now and I'm hoping Rogue is better.

vMIchjT.jpg

Game 3: Assassin's Creed: Dead Kings - 6 hours [February 20] [PS4]

Rating: 7.5

Not a bad epilogue for Unity. And the graphics may have been even more impressive in this new area of France. The way Ubisoft had dealt with the French Revolution had been a mess, so it was nice to have a smaller story here. Arno felt more like his own character, even if that meant more like Ezio. I was definitely reminded of Revelations the entire time. Finally, it felt like we were getting back to the core mythology of the series. I still miss Desmond.

iC251T8.jpg

Game 4: The Order: 1886 - 10 hours [March 3] [PS4]

Rating: 8.0

Unity may have been the best looking game I'd played, but The Order is on another level. As a whole, I liked it and feel most reviews were way too harsh on it. The execution of the ending was flawed, but it's an interesting world that has been created for the series. The gunplay was great. With so many open world games now, it was nice to play a game more focused and linear for a change.

UpgSEZ1.jpg

Game 5: Red Dead Redemption - 25 hours [March 10] [Xbox360]

Rating: 9.5

Brilliant game. I started in 2012 and don't know why it took me so long to finish it. After finishing L.A. Noire I finally went back to this in the middle of Mexico. It's definitely one of my top three games of the last generation, with Mass Effect 2 and The Last Of Us. I was surprised by the ending, but it had definitely been foreshadowed. Rockstar's storytelling is just brilliant, the way the conversations focus on the way people of the time think and how these ideas are driving history. Even more so than L.A. Noire, it's a fascinating look at the development of America. Now I've got to play Undead Nightmare.

MY4wZOg.jpg

Game 6: Journey - 2 hours [March 16] [PS3]

Rating: 10

Finally decided to play this game in one sitting instead of waiting for the PS4 version after buying it two years ago. Excellent game, or experience, it really does make you think about life. I played most of the game with another person, who might have been playing it for the first time too, through to the end. I was advised to play it alone without internet and I'm glad I didn't. The art direction and music are fantastic. It is definitely art in itself. I'm going to have to play this again when it comes to PS4.

vKhgD26.jpg

Game 7: Batman: Arkham Origins - 16 hours [March 22] [PS3]

Rating: 8.5

g2atoT1.jpg

Game 8: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - 9 hours [March 30] [PS4]

Rating: 9

pi3S1ab.jpg

Game 9: Super Mario Galaxy 2 - 21 hours [April 6] [Wii]

Rating: 10

Oq3aQQi.jpg

Game 10: Super Smash Bros Wii U [Wii U]

Now playing:
  • Alien: Inquisition
  • Dark Souls
  • DRIVECLUB
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
  • Super Smash Bros Wii U

Backlog:
  • Alien: Isolation
  • Beyond: Two Souls
  • BioShock
  • BioShock 2
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Dishonored
  • Dragon Age
  • Dragon Age II
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Far Cry 3
  • Fez
  • Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
  • Halo: Reach
  • Hitman: Absolution
  • inFAMOUS
  • inFAMOUS Second Son
  • inFAMOUS First Light
  • The Last Of Us: Left Behind
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • LittleBigPlanet 2
  • LittleBigPlanet Vita
  • LittleBigPlanet Karting
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
  • Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Sherlock Holmes: Crime and Punishment
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Splinter Cell: Double Agent
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  • The Swapper
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Watch_Dogs
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  • Yakuza 4

Jaykay

Claiming this post.

I have a pretty big backlog, and this goes along with my goal to clear that out during 2015.

LocarionStorm

Neo Member
Staking claim to this post. I need to crush my backlog.

Completed
1. Valiant Hearts - PC - 5.8 hours - Started Jan 1, Finished Jan 2
A fantastically crafted historical-fiction light puzzle game that has beautiful graphics and an emotionally-charged story. One of my favorite games that I have played in a long time. I hope that a similar game with a different setting (but similarly unexplored in gaming) is crafted by the team at Ubisoft in the future.

2. Monument Valley - Android - 1.5 hours - Started Jan 3, Finished Jan 3
A very short game that is amazingly crafted in every facet. The difficulty is not much in the main game and its too short without any replayability, but the DLC pack of levels is supposed to be more difficult and just as long if not longer than the base game (have not played them yet).

3. Secrets of Raetikon - PC - 2.5 hours - Started Jan 4, Finished Jan 4
An odd game that can get frustrating at times if you don't control your bird well. The art is pretty to look at, the gameplay is so-so in parts, and the story has a unique dissonance to it. A short experience that may be worth it to some but not to others.

4. Star Wars Republic Commando - PC - 7.3 hours - Started Sometime in 2014, Finished Jan 8
One of the best shooters of all time and one of the best Star Wars games. I had read the books that act as sequels to this game before ever playing the game and finally got around to playing the entire game through on PC - having only played parts on Xbox previously. It holds up surprisingly well.

5. 6180 the moon - PC - 2.5 hours - Started Jan 9, Finished Jan 9
A simply constructed platformer with a straight-forward top-bottom screen traveling mechanic. The music is sublime and suits the experience well while the story is more substantial than I would have guessed for such a small platforming game. If you're into indie platformers, this one offers a unique package for consumption.

6. Broken Age - Act 1 - PC - 2.8 hours - Started Sometime in 2014, Finished Jan 10
As a Kickstarter backer of this game, I somehow hadn't finished the first act of the title until now. It was enjoyable, but was not as special as some had talked it up to be. I hope that the second act due sometime this year will be better and be worth the long wait that has accompanied the development of the game. The art is great and the music and voice-acting is solid, but the game does not feel like it does anything too extraordinary or special - though maybe my expectations were wrong.

7. Costume Quest 2 - PS4 - 6.5 hours - Started Oct 2014, Finished Jan 11
After greatly enjoying the first Costume Quest, I also found this one a fun diversion that did not overstay its welcome. Not much has changed since the first title with the simple battle system and seemingly "low-budget" presentation, but if you enjoy simple "RPGs" or simple humor, the game's worth a play. (It's also perfect for listening to a podcast while playing with everything text-based.)

8. The Unfinished Swan - Vita - 2 hours - Started Jan 15, Finished Jan 15
I initially played through this title on the PS3 a couple of years ago. On this playthrough and in my original playthrough, I went through the entire game in one sitting. I really love the story and take-home message of the game and the environments are completely beautiful. It's also important that the gameplay mechanics of the paint, water, and more are all enjoyable to perform. A short, original experience worth your time.

9. Mass Effect 2 + All DLC - PC - 30.6 hours - Started Jan 2012, Finished Jan 30
Finally got around to finishing up my adept, renegade, female Shepard playthrough. Making all the renegade choices is really hard due to the very selfish, mean spirit of many of the decisions. Still one of my favorite games of all time and Jennifer Hale does a superb job on the voice acting for the renegade dialogue.

10. Octodad: Dadliest Catch - PS4 - 2.4 hours - Started Feb 2014, Finished Jan 30
Finished the entire story and completed every achievement. Cute game that is funny a bit but the novelty wears thin quickly and the more precision based levels can be frustrating at times - though I guess that could be the point. An okay experience, but definitely not for everyone.

11. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - PS Now - 8 hours - Started Jan 30 - Finished Feb 1
I got on the PS3 train a bit after Uncharted 2 came out - mainly for that game and Infamous - so I have never actually played through the entire first entry in Nathan Drake's adventures. Thus, I decided to give the first Uncharted a quick whirl and test out PS Now at the same time with the free trial. Solid game and interesting to see how the series has grown since its release.

12. Ridiculous Fishing - Android - 3.5 hours - Started Jan 28, Finished Feb 6
One of the many games for my phone that I have snagged via the Humble Mobile Bundles over the years. I finally got to the "end" on this installation of the game. Overall, the game is probably one of my favorite titles that I have played on mobile because of the polish of the whole package - simple gameplay, eye popping colorful design, straight-forward progression system, etc.

13. Mass Effect 3 + All DLC - PC - 30 hours - Started Feb 1, Finished Feb 15
After thinking that dealing with all the renegade choices that had to be made as part of my all-renegade playthrough of Mass Effect 2, the final installment of the trilogy presented the hardest renegade choices to be performed. Loved this additional time with the series that I have taken by playing through it all as renegade femshep and I cannot wait for the next Mass Effect installment.

14. Homefront - PC - 3.5 hours - Started Feb 17, Finished Feb 19
Grabbed this game for cheap on a Steam daily deal as I am a sucker for alternative history games/movies/books. Quite a brief campaign, but the mission design was solid even though it suffered from throwing tons of enemies at you in lieu of better AI. The guns felt pretty good with noticeable differences between them, but lacking in the close-quarters department (e.g. shotguns). Hopefully the series continues on because there's something special here to be explored.

15. The Wolf Among Us (Season 1) - PS4 - 8 hours - Started Feb 22, Finished Feb 24
Picked up the Telltale Games pack during the sale on PS4 and decided to start with this series out of the 5 included. Easily my favorite Telltale experience I've ever had and I only have not played any of TWD Season 2. The art style is lovely, the music is perfect, the characters and plot engrossing. I really hope we get another season. Oh, and for a Telltale game, I was surprised that I only had 2 minor glitches/technical issues with a bit of frame drop being both occurrences.

16. Shelter - PC - 1.1 hours - Started March 1, Finished March 1
Very short game that I picked up for cheap on Steam. Tells a great story through the gameplay mechanics and can be quite sad. A short experience with a lovely different art style that I hope the developers expand upon in the sequel. I have never felt so much like a mother badger in any game.

17. Picross e4 - 3DS - 15 hours - Started Sometime in 2014, Finished March 9
I simply love doing picross puzzles. The 3DS small editions are the perfect, small downloadable puzzle "books" that I crave. Not much to say about this game other than I liked the different thinking that the mega picross puzzles made you implement. Simply some of the best value games on the 3DS eShop - time to go pick up the 5th edition next...

18. Far Cry 4 - PC - 35 hours - Started March 9, Finished March 19
I knew exactly what I was getting from this game and it gave me exactly that - more mindless shooting and collectible collecting mixed in with nonsensical missions. I liked the traversal elements better than in Far Cry 3 with the addition of the buzzer and heavy use of the grapple, but I liked the tropical setting of 3 due to the lack of adequate usage of the snow areas in 4. Also, the areas where it forcibly sent the buzzer too high or crashing down was really annoying.

19. Picross e5 - 3DS - 10 hours - Started March 23, Finished March 28
Not much to say here other than more Picross goodness. However, I did feel like this installment was a bit shorter in the number of puzzles than a couple previous ones - this might not be actually true, but it was a feeling I had nonetheless. I hope that e6 comes to America sooner rather than later - given that it released in Japan in December.

20. The Swapper - Vita - 3 hours - Started August 2014, Finished April 4
I had already played through this game when it first launched on PC and replayed the Playstation version on my Vita. Still one of my favorite game stories in terms of the ideas examined and discussed - not to mention the dialogue (spoken and written) is wonderful. One of my favorite indie puzzlers that I wish more people would play.

21. Valiant Hearts - PS4 - 3.5 hours - Started April 4, Finished April 5
This title was the first game in this list and it shows up again due to PS+ giving me a reason to revisit one of the best stories in gaming from last year. I ended up doing a 100% trophy playthrough of the title (via a guide pointing out where the 100+ collectibles are). I cannot recommend this game enough.

22. Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - Vita - 10 hours - Started April 6, Finished April 10
Picked this game up for almost nothing during a sale and found it to be perfect time waster on my commute and when watching stuff on the television. Basic gameplay and some basic jokes mixed with smaller stages than the console versions. Plays well on the Vita and working on the platinum trophy now.

23. Saints Row IV + All DLC - PC - 16 hours - Started January 2014, Finished May 2
Realized I got super clsoe to the end of this game and never finished it. Enjoyed the game for what it was, but I think that Saints Row 3 was the better overall game. A fun, dumb, self-aware game that never tries to be anything more and rightfully so delivers on what it was trying to do.

24. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition - PS4 - 7.3 hours - Started May 8, Finished May 25
This was my third time that I have played through the Guacamelee experience but the first that I have played through the extended edition with the extra areas and changes. Those additional areas and tweaks to the game make a fantastic game even more superb. It's an absolute blast that remains one of my favorite games of the past handful of years.

25. The Walking Dead - Season 1 - PS4 - 12 hours - Started March 1, Finished May 27
I've played through the first 3 episodes of this series previously on my Vita, but the performance was lackluster there. Decided to restart and do the entire season on PS4 instead. Enjoyed the storyline very much so, but did not really get into some of the characters and I'm also not the biggest fan of the setting (due to zombie fatigue). I'll play through the DLC storyline and the second season though.

26. The Walking Dead - Season 2 - PS4 - 9.5 hours - Started June 7, Finished June 8
Knocked this out right away after finishing the first season and found it to have positives and negatives compared to the first season. I liked that decisions tended to be more gray than the first game as well as a little bit more depth to the control than the first season. However, sometimes it felt too much like you took either too much of a back seat to the ongoings of the story (which I guess is excusable since you are playing a kid) or there were too many coincidences (Clementine, you have to do this, you're the only one).

27. The Typing of the Dead: Overkill - PC - 4.5 hours - Started January 2014, Finished June 9
This game is a hilarious, dumb ride. It understands how stupid everything about it is and revels in it. What a weird handful of hours that I spent on this game.

28. Super Mario 3D Land - 3DS - 6 hours - Started March 2014, Finished June 13
I had a difficult time really getting into this game - which is weird for someone who considers Super Mario 64 his favorite game of all time. It finally clicked the past couple of days and I have found it to be a pretty solid Mario outing. The levels are small in comparison to home console iterations, but the gameplay design and unique levels are fairly good.

29. Hexcells - PC - 1.5 hours - Started June 17, Finished June 17
Nicely crafted small puzzle game that I got for really cheap from the Steam Summer Sale. Worth every penny and nice Minesweeper/Picross-esque gameplay. Onto the next Hexcells game.

30. Guacamlee! Gold Edition - PC - 4.8 hours - Started April 2014, Finished June 21
My third time completing this game - still wonderful as ever. Having played the significantly different super turbo championship edition on PS4 before completing this more original version, I can confidently say the newest STCE version is the best version of the game and offers so much more. I will always recommend this game to everyone.

31. Hexcells Plus - PC - 3.5 hours - Started June 17, Finished June 23
Just more of the same that I experienced with the initial installment of Hexcells. Not much to say other than I am not taking the time to do every puzzle without any mistakes - ain't nobody got time for that (unless using a guide obviously). Harder puzzles in this edition compared to the previous.

32. Batman: Arkham Origins - PC - 24 hours - Started April 2014, Finished June 28
Possibly my favorite Batman game - easily better than Arkham City. It feels as though Origins gets a bad rap just for not being made by Rocksteady. A fantastic story, great boss fights, and superb gameplay made possible by standing on the shoulders of Arkham City.

33. Batman: Arkham Origins - Cold, Cold Heart - PC - 2.5 hours - Started June 28, Finished June 29
A pretty solid self-contained DLC for Arkham Origins. I enjoyed the re-telling of Mr. Freeze's origins and enjoyed the well-done boss fight at the end of the DLC against him. Freeze is my favorite Batman villain, so I was bound to enjoy this brief romp with him.

34. Hecells Infinite - PC - 3.2 hours - Started June 18, Finished June 29
More Hexcells. More puzzles. Though it's a nice thing that this one includes an infinite mode that just uses an algorithm to spit out more pseudo-randomly generated puzzles.

35. Batman: Arkham Knight - PS4 - 30 hours - Started July 4, Finished July 12
Arkham Knight is my favorite game of the series - significantly ahead of Origins, my 2nd favorite. While the hand-to-hand boss fights may be lacking (in terms of number) and replaced with a bit too much tank combat, the combat and story is at its peak of the series in Knight. I also like the batmobile even though there's a bit much. Fantastically crafted gameplay and story. Completed it 100% other than AR challenges - what an ending sequence.

36. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - PS3 - 2.5 hours - Started July 16, Finished July 17
I originally played this game on the PC. Decided to replay it on the PS3 to get my delicious trophies and by doing so, saw some things that I hadn't before on my initial playthrough. Fantastically crafted game that is a piece of art.

37. Call of Duty: Ghosts - PC - 5 hours - Started July 23, Finished Aug 4
Grabbed this game for super cheap as a bargain buy because I tend to enjoy playing through the CoD campaigns. However, I now understand why people say that this game is the worst of the modern CoD games. There is no attachment to any of the characters, the backstory to what the hell is going on is not present, and not many unique things happen - other than some baffling dog sections and "floaty" space missions. The campaign missed the mark.

38. Sketchcross - Vita - 5 hours - Started April 28, Finished Aug 5
I adore Picross/Nonogram games and loved the idea of having one of my Vita. However, this game undelivered across the board: not many puzzles, questionable controls, performance issues, and the worst thing of all, puzzles unsolvable unless guessing or cheating is conducted. What a shame this game was not developed with the kind of care applied to the Picross series on the 3DS.

39. Journey - PS4 - 2 hours - Started Aug 25, Finished Aug 25
This was my second playthrough of Journey. I originally played it when it came out on the PS3. The PS4 version is just a bit more beautiful and waiting so long to play it again reminded me of why it's an experience unlike any other. One of my favorite gaming experiences of all time.

40. Grim Fandango Remastered - PS4 - 6 hours - Started Aug 26, Finished Aug 29
I used a walkthrough to just run through Grim Fandango as a trophy hunter and to enjoy the story without having to deal with the esoteric puzzles. I enjoyed the story but enjoyed the characters on their own way better. I would like to see something else in the same universe in the future possibly - what an odd but superb setting. The puzzles did seem really odd sometimes.

41. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - PS4 - 6 hours - Started Aug 24, Finished Aug 30
The story in this game is one of my favorite game stories ever. The characters (and the associated voice acting) was superb and the wide range of topics covered provided commentary on all sorts of human interactions. Yes, the gameplay is limited to walking around, but the beautiful setting is fantastic to do so in and the engaging narrative makes you want to - though it was emotionally draining at a few points.

42. Teslagrad - PS4 - 4 hours - Started Sept 2, Finished Sept 3
This game created pretty opposing emotions in me. At times, I loved the game and the unique puzzle elements. Then, all of a sudden, a difficulty spike would occur and the imprecise controls would lead to rage. While getting the platinum and 100%-ing this game, I had the greatest anger at a game that I've had on the PS4 yet.

43. Batman: Arkham Knight - Batgirl: A Matter of Family - PS4 - 2 hours - Started Sept 4, Finished Sept 4
I ended up caving in and getting the season pass for Arkham Knight simply because I adore the base game and wanted more to do. The Batgirl DLC was short and simple but was braindead, enjoyable fun. However, I don't want braindead DLC - hopefully there's more to the future story DLC along the lines of Cold, Cold Heart from Origins.

44. Hook - PC - 0.6 hours - Started Sept 6, Finished Sept 6
Super cheap puzzle game that provides probably around 30-45 minutes of playtime. The concept is elegant and the different puzzle mechanics are naturally introduced. I would love to see further exploration of the gameplay with even more puzzles and increasing difficulty possibly.

45. Destiny - PS4 - 15.3 hours - Started Sept 2014, Finished Sept 7
This game has a mish-mash of polarized aspects - the music is super good, the voice acting is atrocious; the gunplay is super good, the story is atrocious; etc. I don't think it delivered on what it seemed to be promising but it is good fun most of the time. I look forward to going through the expansion pack stuff next - particularly The Dark Below as it adds more single player missions.

46. Destiny: The Dark Below - PS4 - 2.5 hours - Started Sept 9, Finished Sept 9
It's odd to me that the DLC packs for Destiny have a more followable story than the base game. I enjoyed the missions and the strikes quite a bit and it was easier to follow along having the new quest system in place with the 2.0 patch. It fills like I have finally figured out what makes Destiny fun and "how to play" the game.

47. Destiny: House of Wolves - PS4 - 2.5 hours - Started Sept 9, Finished Sept 9
Not much more to say about this Destiny DLC other than that I thought the strike it adds to the Moon was one of my favorite strikes just because of the fact that it actually conveyed a feeling of chasing this big "baddie" through his flagship. The arena events are pretty cool as well. Maybe I will end up picking up The Taken King...

48. The Walking Dead Season 1 - Vita - 12 hours - Started Dec 2013, Finished Sept 23
I previously mentioned in my thoughts about this game on the PS4 that I had started it originally on the Vita. I ended up going back and finishing the last 2 episodes and the 400 Days special episode on the Vita for trophy purposes and to finally clear it from my backlog. It was fine and the engine was just as stuttery as I recalled. It reminded me of how little Telltale has done in terms of innovation with their games since this initial kickoff to their current slate of games.

49. Minecraft - PS4 - 40 hours - Started Sept 2014, Finished Sept 27
At first glance, Minecraft is an odd game to count as "completed." However, I'm marking this one as completed as I feel I sort have had my fill of Minecraft for quite awhile. Additionally, I finally went to The End and beat The Ender Dragon and even got the platinum trophy in this edition of the game. Minecraft isn't quite like anything else and I think of it more as a toyset that I've grown bored with.

50. Minecraft - PS3 - 45 hours - Started May 2014, Finished Sept 27
I was in a pretty mellow mood this weekend, so I'm going to count this one as finished as well since I also managed to get the platinum trophy in it along with 100% trophy completion for all the "DLC" trophies that have been added via the updates. The Vita version is up next...

51. Minecraft - Vita - 35 hours - Started April 10, Finished Oct 1
Not much to say with this one - hunted down the platinum and it'll be a nice game to keep around for travel with my Vita. One interesting observation with the latest version of the game on Vita is that it runs better than the PS3 version and has way better load times - though the draw distance is lower.

52. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered - PS4 - 8 hours - Started Oct 9, Finished Oct 10
This was my second time playing through this game ever. It's quite enjoyable and the gameplay hasn't aged too bad. There's still a few frustrating areas in terms of enemy spam and I detest the monsters in the bunker levels, but the game is a must play for anyone who enjoys action-adventure games.

53. Tales from the Borderlands - PS4 - 10 hours - Started March 25, Finished Oct 20
As someone who begrudgingly finished the first Borderlands and owns but has not come anywhere near to completing the sequel, I don't really have much love for the Borderlands universe. However, I gave this series a try if only for the easy trophies and platinum. I ended up really enjoying all 5 episodes and found them both containing genuinely good humor and an entertaining story and characters. I'm looking forward to another season and actually playing Borderlands 2 now.

54. Three Fourths Home - PS4 - 1.5 hours - Started Nov 5, Finished Nov 5
I'm not sure I would totally call this a game, but instead more of a choose-your-own-response adventure? Either way, I really enjoyed the story and characters. The presentation was artfully done as well. The themes of the story hit close to home for me and stirred up emotions. I'd highly recommend it to others in their mid-20s in particular.

55. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered - PS4 - 13 hours - Started Oct 10, Finished Nov 7
Playing through this game for the first time since first getting my PS3 when Uncharted 2 launched. The set pieces and levels are so much fun and so impeccably designed. Truly one of the best games of the last generation of consoles. I'll have to re-determine whether this Uncharted is my favorite of the series or whether Uncharted 3 is when I play that remaster next.

ED: And done! Will keep updating until the end of the year :)

Currently playing:
1 - Ratchet & Clank 2
2 - Trails in the Sky
3 - Dragon Quest VI
4 - NOVA 3
5 - Lego Dimensions
6 - Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below

THE ACTION 52

BONUS ROUND!

My Backloggery!

I've finished a grand total of 11 games last year so I most likely would fail this miserably. But heck, sounds pretty fun.

In Progress
- Valkyria Chronicles | Started 11 Nov 2014
- Divinity: Original Sin | Started 30 Jun 2014
- Persona 4: Golden | Started 4 Apr 2014

Finished
01. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings | 18 Dec 2014 - 2 Jan 2015 (61 hours)
Having recently finished the novels, I decided to play a second time doing the other path. Compared to Roche's, Iorveth's plot is much more exciting even though Roche is a more likable character. On the flipside, The one-night-stand opportunities are even goofier here.

02. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons | 2 Jan 2015 (3 hours)
It is such a colorful eye candy with simple but fun puzzle/platforming. The drama didn't really grab me but it, supported with the gameplay mechanic, did lend to a pretty clever segment near the end.

03. Borderlands | 27 Jul 2012 - 4 Jan 2015 (53 hours)
With this game I found that a random-loot-based game is something that I dislike. It went on very long stretches of nothing interesting happening, my partner and I eventually just want it to end. Unfortunately, that ending is like the modern equivalent of "A WINNER IS YOU."

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
You know what.

This might be a good idea, I always seem to just sit there and spend more time opening and closing games than actually playing them!

I am hearby signed up!

I've got a day off tomorrow so might start doing a bit of planning :5

Voliko

Hmm I completed 67 this year but I wasn't really participating in the thread, so I might in 2015. Could be cool to collect my thoughts on each game. Granted, a majority of the games I completed were short oldschool action oriented games, but it's still nice to finish a variety of games in a year. Now doing this with only modern games... that sounds like a massive timesink.

kejigoto

Banned
Claimed

Gonna get started New Year's Eve into New Year's Day since I have the day off. First three games up on the list are:

1.) Valkyria Chronicles (PC - First Time)

Played this a tiny bit on the PS3 but due to a ton of issues in my personal life I never got around to playing it beyond when you first get the tank. As a huge fan of the Advance Wars series I'm really looking forward to this one.

2.) Red Faction: Guerrilla (PC - Replay)

Loved this on the 360 and got it during the Steam sales for dirt cheap. Figure it is worth a trip down memory lane for some great destruction.

3.) Middle-Earth: Shadow of Modor (PC - First Time)

4.) Pokemon Silver Nuzlocke Challenge (GBA - First Time)

Never played this one and I've been wanting to do a Nuzlocke Challenge but haven't been willing to delete my game on Fire Red or X so this is the next best thing. Hopefully this ends in victory and not tragedy.

5.) Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii-U (Amiibo and Competitive Play)

Long time fan of Smash, I'll be playing this all year training up Amiibos and working on getting into the competitive scene.

I have a huge backlog so why not, I'm entering this.

If we're starting now, Game #1 I'm tackling is:

Game #1:

header.jpg

Platform: Steam
Duration: Started 12/26/14 - 1/3/15
Completed: 17 hours. Unlocked all single player achievements.
Thoughts: A fun little twin-stick shooter. Lots of light puzzle platform action and some nice gameplay mechanics. Had a fun time blasting all the enemies in the game, especially when you go back to certain areas with stronger weapons. I will revisit this game in order to complete the co-op campaign and achievements.

Game #2:

header.jpg

Duration: Started 1/4/15 - 1/7/15
Completed: 9 hours
Thoughts: While it didn't make me too emotional like some folks who have played this game, I still thought this was a sweet game with some great narrative and a lovely soundtrack. I would love to see more adventures featuring Dr. Eva Rosaline and Dr. Neil Watts. I thought they made a great duo. Definitely play this game if you want a captivating tale.

Game #3

DR1.jpg

Duration: 1/8/15 - 1/31/15
Completed: 55:44
Thoughts: I can see why this was a GOTY contender for folks who loved visual novels, especially fans of Zero Escape and Ace Attorney. At first, it started off a bit cliched and some annoying characters to deal with but after each class trial, things got very interesting. Monokuma is definitely a memorable antagonist and in the end...hope clashed with despair. A result you couldn't even fathomed. Aside from some tedious mini-games, any person who loves visual novels should scramble to find a Vita/PSP/ISO file and play this game. If I made a 2014 top 10 list, Danganronpa: THH would be up there.

Game #4

el6cs5l.jpg

Duration: 2/1 - 2/2
Completed 2:45 (on Hard)
Thoughts: Gunman Clive 2 is definitely a worthy sequel to the original. Lots of variety in stages and definitely more colorful options. A few nitpicks: would've love to have seen more weapon upgrades plus a brightness option. Certain stages were a bit too dark where I couldn't see the projectiles. All that aside, I have a lot of fun with this game. If you enjoyed the first one, GC2 is definitely more of that same fun run-n-gun action.

Game #5

header.jpg

Duration: 2/27
Completed: 5 hours (100% and unlocked all Achievements)
Thoughts: This is the beginning of a loving relationship. I haven't felt this way since I discovered Picross. Granted there were some puzzles that relied more on luck than logic but it still didn't stop me from enjoying this wonderful logic puzzler. Gonna play its siblings next.

Game #6

Mega_Man_1_box_artwork.jpg

Platform: NES
Duration: 1:20 on 5/6/15
Thoughts: Completed the game as part of Mega May. The game is very rough and I wouldn't consider starting here if you want to experience Mega Man for the first time. It's still a good game with some classic music. Try this out if MM is your cup of tea.

Game #7

Megaman2_box.jpg

Duration: 1:21 on 5/8/2015
Completed: Difficult mode
Thoughts: Completed the game as part of Mega May. My first ever Mega Man game. I was sooo happy when I played this for the first time as a kid. The many different stages I can pick on my own, the superb action platforming, the wonderful memorable music. Best of all, I was never marred by the original Mega Man game so I grew up on this game's mechanics. If you ever want to be introduced to an MM game, this is it. Plus it has two different modes for novice and advanced players.

Game #8:

mega-man-3-usa.png

Platform: NES (played on Wii U VC)
Duration: 1:56 on 5/9/15
Thoughts: Completed the game as part of Mega May. If Mega Man 2 was a classic masterpiece, MM3 was that great summer blockbuster you are always fond of. Yes, MM3 improved on some aspects over its predecessor like introducing Proto Man, the slide mechanism and the length of the game. However, some of the Robot Masters and Wily bosses I didn't find as memorable as MM2. Also some enemy misplacement created on some cheap pit deaths. Still, a lot of ppl love Mega Man 3, me including...even if it doesn't dethrone MM2 as the best Mega Man NES title.

Game #9:

Megaman4_box.jpg

Duration: 1:46 on 5/9/15
Thoughts: Completed the game as part of Mega May. Mega Man 4 is where I saw a decline in the series. While it is a good game, you can tell the Robot Masters were a bit uninspiring. Level design is a tad better however can't say the same for the music. Totally forgettable except for Theme 2 from Dr. Cossack's fortress. Also I think adding the Mega Buster wasn't such a hot idea. Some people may disagree but to each his own. Still, it's a great game, it just happens to live in the shadows of 2 and 3.

Game #10:

250px-Megaman5_box.jpg

Duration: 2:00 on 5/12/15
Thoughts: Completed the game as part of Mega May. I haven't had the pleasure of playing Mega Man 5 when I was younger so maybe I didn't appreciated it more compared to other people. While having Proto Man as the protagonist was kind of lame as were some of the weapons, at least the level design and music were better than Mega Man 4. MM5 is an enjoyable game that won't disappoint if you're a MM fan.

Game #11:

200px-Megaman6_box.jpg

Duration: 1:50 on 5/15/15
Thoughts: Completed the game as part of Mega May. Mega Man 6 decided to switch things up a bit. Level design included branching off paths and the Rush dog to be operated as an armor instead of a canine bot. It was different but pretty cool nonetheless. I think it was a great entry to bow off from the NES platform.

Game #12:

Mega_Man_7_Coverart.jpg

Platform: SNES
Duration: 4:50 on 5/23/15
Thoughts: Completed the game as part of Mega May. Mega Man 7 must be my least played MM entry in the numbered series, hence why it took me a bit longer to beat it. I didn't own a SNES until before it got discontinued for the N64. It was nice to see Mega Man come to the 16-bit era. Still I couldn't quite put my finger on why I didn't like it so much. It's not a bad game. It still plays well. It just doesn't hold a place on my heart when it comes to the top MM games of all time. Also that Dr. Wily boss can suck eggs. Took me a long time to figure out his pattern.

Game #13:

t1wy4aB.jpg

Platform: PSP (via PS TV)
Duration: 4:07 on 5/29/15
Completed: on Normal mode
Thoughts: Completed the game as part of Mega May. I must have played Mega Man Maverick Hunter X more times than I did the original SNES game. Even then, it's still not enough compared to the replays I've done across other Mega Man titles. It was a great game nonetheless...though I wish you had access to the various robot parts X uses to upgrade from the very beginning. I like how defeating certain robot master directly affects another master's stage. Also wall climbing was a great addition. It eased the pain of losing Rush. Overall, MM:MH X was a nice remake to the beginning of a great Mega Man spinoff series.

Game #14:

tyE0myM.jpg

Platform: PSX (via PS TV)
Duration: 5:00 on 6/1/15
Thoughts: Completed the game as part of Mega May. The last game I played for Mega May this year. I didn't get a chance to play it the previous year so it was fun to revisit this game. I was super psyched when I played 8 during it's initial first week release. And I'll admit while it was joyous to play, I still have a few nitpicks. Having loading points between the first part and second part of a stage was getting on my nerves. Seeing the Rush dog and its well known adapters not called upon by me was pretty bumming. I mean it's cool to see Rush fly around, dropping energy pellets from the sky but dammit I want to climb on him and fly too. Finally, the voice acting. Still can't decided to this date if it's a negative or a positive experience. Still, MM8 is a fun game however I'm just glad the mainline series didn't stop there.

Game #15:

header.jpg

Duration: Started 11/04/14 - 06/29/15
Completed: 226 hours. Unlocked all achievements.
Thoughts: One of the best games I spent $5 on (The Binding of Isaac) had a rebirth and boy, did it had me coming back to the basement. While it was a bitch to unlock every achievement due to the RNG, it was worth it to become a Real Platinum God...just in time for the upcoming expansion, "Afterbirth". For those who demand bang for their bucks, definitely get this and you'll be hooked on getting poor ol' Isaac out of that basement.

Game #16:

header.jpg

Duration: Started 09/28/11 - 07/10/15
Completed: 211 hours. Unlocked all achievements.
Thoughts: This was not only just the base game and Wrath of the Lamb. This also includes unlocking all of the Eternal Edition Achievements which were added just recently. Eternal Edition providing a hard and troll-y challenge. Still, it was quite fun doing it. I'm just glad I can be called an "Eternal God".

Game #17:

header.jpg

Duration: Started 07/11/15 - 07/14/15
Completed: 9 hours. Unlocked all achievements.
Thoughts: It was a bit shorter than Season 1. I didn't think I found it quite as gripping as it too. Still, it's a fine adventure game and you do have to make some grim choices on who survives or what to do next. So while it's kind of inferior to the first one, if you liked TTG's TWD, then you'll enjoy this one too.

Game #18:

Ah2bvRC.jpg

Platform: Xbox 360
Duration: Started 07/16/15 - 07/28/15
Completed: Single Player campaign plus Episode 19-22 DLC pack
Thoughts: Asura's Wrath has always piqued my curiousity. I bought this on sale to see why the polarizing impressions towards it. While I can say I'll be skeptical on spending $60 on a title like this (especially more for DLC that'll reveal the true ending, thanks CAPCPOM), it was definitely an enjoyable adventure of mostly QTEs with some shmups and action adventure to boot. I'll give it this: the QTEs at least weren't all generic "press button now" scenes. It had a bit of variety. This should be affordable enough for anyone to pick up a copy and experience this story of rage. I think you'll enjoy it.

J3ffro

Well, here goes nothing!

Post #2

Completed Games:

1. Wolfenstein: The New Order - Finished Fergus Timeline 1/1/15 - Time played ~14 hours on PS4

I grabbed this on Black Friday but only started it right before New Years. Absolutely great game, came out of nowhere when it launched, but I had heard nothing but great things for months. I started out going pretty strong into stealth, and I really liked the stealth - I usually struggle with stealth and this felt natural to me. That said, I eventually took Dan Ryckert's advice (I think it was Dan, it was during one of the Bombcasts I listened to during marathon training - 3+ hours of running makes some memories a little weird) and dropped the difficulty and spent a lot of time dual wielding assault rifles and shotguns.

Great shooter with a solid story. One of the best story's in gaming recently, and that's only because it was a story that you could actually follow, as opposed to so many games in the last few years that had plot holes all over the place. If there's a sequel, I won't wait to give it a chance.

2. Peggle 2 - Finished all story and trials levels 1/4/15 - Time Played ~8 hours on PS4 & Vita via Remote Play

What can you say, it's Peggle? I once spent an entire afternoon playing the first, and that afternoon felt 15 minutes long. I typically don't dabble in these kinds of games any more, but with Remote Play on Vita it's great when there are other things going on. Played a fair amount this weekend during football (so sad for my Cardinals, but who didn't see it coming with Lindley at the helm) and then more as my wife and I watched The Curse of Oak Island (which is kind of crap, but my wife sometimes enjoys crap TV).

If I just stuck with the story missions I would have been done in half time. Hell, if I had done all the trials up until the final two it wouldn't have been that much more. The last two trials levels are little more than luck and perseverance tests. Not great game design. Actually if it wasn't for this thread I probably would have bailed, but in an effort to really go after my backlog, I stuck around.

3. Monument Valley - Finished all 10 Chapters on 1/6/15 - Time played ~2 hours on Android

I started this in August or September, and really enjoyed it, but stopped playing for some reason. Obviously not much story there, but the visuals and the music are fantastic. None of the puzzles are especially taxing mentally, but it was fun watching some of the levels unfold in interesting ways. Early on I tried to piece together how things would go, but gave up and just enjoyed the spectacle. Chapter 9 especially. Great game.

4. Valiant Hearts: The Great War - Finished on 1/9/15 - Time played ~5 hours on PS4

This was one of those games I wanted to grab when it launched, but showed restraint (too many games already) and waited until it was one of the Holiday Flash deals. Man what a great game.

Great music, good visuals, for the most part - fun game play. Some of the puzzles were a little obtuse, and I don't mind admitting I looked up answers to those. I thought I had the ending spoiled for me, but it turned out I was very wrong. I know the ending was one of the Top 3 for Giant Bomb's Best Moment/Sequence, but I kind of feel like it should have won - and I played South Park and loved
the gnome fight under your parents having sex.
. This ending actually moved me to tears, and I didn't see that coming. I blame being a dad.

5. Stick It to The Man - Finished all 10 Chapters on 1/11/15 - Time played ~4 hours on PS4

This was a great palate cleanser after Valiant Hearts. I didn't realize it was primarily going to be a similar game, just much more lighthearted, and actually funny. Absolutely hated the forced platformed where you have to get around the guards. Felt like the guards had a different set of rules, but luckily there was typically a way to breeze through, just had to figure out what that was. Kinda like the puzzles in Portal 2, if your idea requires phenomenal timing and dexterity - it probably isn't the right way.

I'm actually elated to finish this. It's been on my PS4 since it launched, grabbed it free on PS+, and it feels like I'm actually making progress on my backlog.

6. Two Dots - Finished all 135 levels on 1/15/15 - Time played ~15 hours on Android

I started this game a while back, I liked its mechanic of just having 5 lives so it would never suck me in too deep. It feels like free to play done well. There are a number of systems that let you circumvent paying money, and none feel too punitive.

That said, there were a handful of levels that really seem designed primarily to get you to pay $.99 (at the end of a stage, if you fail, for $.99 you can pay for more moves, or sometimes a special tool and more moves), and there seems like no practical way to beat the stage in the given moves. Or you could, but you may spend 2 hours on it. I ultimately caved on a few, figuring that my time is worth substantially more per hour than $.99 - all told I probably spent $7-8, which for the amount of time I put into it is pretty good.

It appears there may be move levels coming at some point, but I think I got my fill.

7. Injustice: Gods Among Us - Finished Story mode on 1/16/15 - Time played ~5 hours on PS4.

I picked this up a while back when PSN had it pretty cheaply. I'd heard good things dating back to its PS3 launch, but never jumped in. I had Mortal Kombat on last gen consoles and figured if I was going to play a fighting game I'd go with the one I've already got. Which means...yeah. I'm not a fighting game guy.

But, I do enjoy a stupid comic book story. This feels like what professional wrestling should be. I set the difficulty down a notch, and played for the story. I think it worked well, told a great comic book story, and the fighting was good for what it is worth from me. I liked the interactivity of the stage, and the transitions. Also a fan of the super move - just wish it didn't have the same mechanic as the clash, got sick of losing those because I had just used my super move.

8. Forza Horizon 2 - Finished Both Finales on 1/21/15 - Time Played ~50 hours on Xbone

Part of me feels bad for essentially bailing at this point, but I have to. I'm definitely going to participate in more multiplayer, I've floated in and out of Giant Bomb's Race Night every Thursday night going back to Forza 4 (I'm almost always last...or almost last - those guys can fucking race), and that's not going to change. Also, I still have the Storm Island Expansion to conquer. But in the meantime, I completed both finales, raced every type, completed 35 championships, found every bonus board (both kinds), driven every road - and yet still I've only done about 30% of the game. With 168 championships that's a lot of casual racing, and I think I've almost got my fill for the time being.

I really enjoyed the first Horizon, and I appreciate the changes they made to this one, however, I feel like there are too many off-road races. Near the end it was getting tedious dealing with so many off-road races, or scrambles, or open road. I'm definitely ready for Forza 6 (though I've barely scratched the surface of Forza 5...which is clearly going to be my next racing game I jump into) for a little more structure. I had to finish this before moving over, I tried bouncing back and forth, and it doesn't work for me - I'm not good enough, I constantly found myself screwing the pooch in Forza 5 and then being way too conservative in FH2.

Looking back though, this was one of the most enjoyable games I've played in a while. It's great looking without being jaw dropping, there's was a nice variation of things to do and find. I loved the amount of air you could catch. It may seem like I'm down on the game, but I'm really not. I only got my Xbone in mid-December, and I put over 50 hours into this game already while finishing 7 other games - this would not have kept my attention if I wasn't loving it. I think I just got a little burned out near the end. Probably my fault for neglecting a few of the rally and off road classes until the end.

9. Oh Cube! - Completed all levels with 3 stars on 1/26/15 - Time played 3 hours on Android

A while ago I bought a 3DS XL and thought I'd use it a ton. I did not. I ended up giving it to a buddy of mine on a kind of permanent loan. Anyway, I recently asked if I could get it back for a little while, I've been having a major Picross itch. He acquiesced over the weekend, I downloaded the first Picross eshop game, and jumped in.

And was immediately disappointed. I wasn't fiending for Picross, I was fiending for Picross 3D. The standard game is fine, but it wasn't scratching the itch. But, in my search to find if there was any form of Picross 3D available to any format I have, I found that there was not - however there is a great knock off of it on iOS and Android called Oh Cube! I downloaded it, and it 100% scratched the itch. I wish there were more levels, I think it was only about 40 or 50, and none were very complicated, but it was enough.

Meanwhile, I'm now looking at the 3DS eshop to see if there's any other games I should get while I have the 3DS back - I put $20 on the account.

Because clearly I need more video games to play.

10. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Completed campaign on 1/26/15 - played 10 hours on Xbone

Well color me surprised. I've dabbled in COD going back to COD 2, though the Modern Warfares and even Black Ops and while I found them all fine none blew me away. Until today. Keep in mind I play a bit of multiplayer, but mostly play for the over the top campaign (I enjoy Battlefield for my online multiplayer shooters). This was the first campaign I lost myself in. The level where you
only use one arm
did that mechanic very well, and the
battle mech you pilot
was awesome, I was very glad to give that another chance.

I'm sure the beautiful visuals helped. But the story, while it had TONS of spectacle, it also had substance. Lots of it. Like Wolfenstein, this was a campaign story that flowed like something that was written by someone who had talent - as opposed to most video games. The cutscenes told a story that, while it wouldn't win any Oscars, would not be out of place in a movie theater. Troy Baker sure looked like Troy Baker, but he fit. And the team that made Kevin Spacey should be very proud of themselves.

Great game, strongly recommend playing this one. I had planned on going back and playing more multiplayer, but I may not. I got to level 10 in an hour or so, first match I did horrible, second match ever I went on an insane streak (which is very unlike me) and that one match got my 5 or 6 levels. Anyway, I may go back, after playing the campaign I have a better feel for what guns do what - which is my main gripe against futuristic shooters that introduce guns that don't exist. I'm well versed in what real firearms are, when I have to learn the fake ones I typically check out. Anyway, the main reason I am iffy on ever going back for multiplayer is that I just grabbed Titanfall Deluxe Edition for $12.50 - hard to beat that. I'm sure I'm going to spend some time there, and we will see which futuristic online multiplayer shooter grabs me.

11. The Swapper - Completed story and 100% trophies on 1/29/15 - Played ~5 hours on PS4

I had heard great things about this, but reacted too late to get the slightly cheaper price when it launched on PS4. Luckily, it eventually became free through PSN. What a great game. The puzzles were inventive, and some were brutally tough. The story and atmosphere were top notch. I'm still a little confused by the story, but I still enjoyed it.

Very different trophy structure. Nothing for regular progress, just 10 incredibly well hidden terminals, each worth a trophy. I didn't anticipate trying for them, but right before I hit the point of no return I figured I'd give 'em a shot with a guide. Very glad I did - they expand the story a little bit, helps frame things. I cannot imagine anyone stumbling into any more than one or two of those by accident - the designer was twisted.

If you have this game - play it. It is well worth your time.

Accepted. Counting Thomas Was Alone as a 2015 release, just because I wasn't going to wait three days for 2015 to begin so I can have it count (plus, I'm pretty sure there's a secret ending or something that I've still gotta play)

Game #1: Thomas Was Alone - Got the regular ending

Game #2: Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2 - Starting in 2015

Game #3: Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth - Started, plan to finish in 2015

Game #4: Rune Factory 4 - Started, plan to finish in 2015

Game #5: Velocity X2 - Started, plan to finish in 2015

Game #6: Professor Layton VS. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Started, plan to finish in 2015

...and 46 other games that I hope to beat:

Wii U
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Mario Kart 8
Pikmin 3
PSVita
Spelunky
Freedom Wars
3DS
Bravely Default
Kirby: Triple Deluxe
PS3
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
SNES
Mega Man 7
Demon's Crest
PSP
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Wii
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
DS
Last Window: The Secret of Cape West
Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen
NES
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 6

boo, claiming a post!

Game 1: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Started, finished <17 hours>
# Rise of the Ashes was the hardest case ever.
# Yes, I took that long.
# I did not use walkthroughs.

Game 2: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All - Started, ongoing
# Finished 1st case (The Lost Turnabout).

Game 3: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - Planning to start
# Nothing here.

Game 4: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby - Planning to start
# Nothing here.

Game 5: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - Planning to start
# Nothing here.

Game 6: Mario Kart 7 - Planning to start
# Nothing here.

Game 7: Final Fantasy Explorers - Planning to start
# Pre-ordered.

Game 8: The Legend Of Zelda: Majora Mask 3D - Planning to start
# Pre-ordered.

Game 9: Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley - Planning to start
# Pre - ordered.

Game 10: Story of Seasons - Planning to start
# Pre - ordered.

Game 11: Shovel Knight - Planning to start
# Nothing here.

Game 12: Shantae and the Pirates Curse - Planning to start
# Nothing here.

Game 13: Tropico 3: Steam Special Edition - Planning to start
# Nothing here.

_DrMario_

Alright let's try this. I'll start with a couple games that I own and that I want to finish this year.

Game #1: Alien Isolation - Not started yet

Game #2: Lords Of Xulima - Not started yet

Game #3: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Not started yet

Game #4: Wasteland 2 - Not started yet

Game #5: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby - 3 hours in

Game #6: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - 4/5 cases

Game #7: Phoenix Wright Justice For all - Not started yet

Game #8: Phoenix Wright Trials and Tribulations - Not started yet

Game #9: DKC:TF - 1-2 hours in

Game #9: Bayonetta - 1-2 hours in

Game #10: Bayonetta 2 - Not started yet

Game #11: Captain Toad - Not started yet

Game #12: Sunset Overdrive - 1/3 completed

Game #13: Adventure island 2 - Not started yet

Game #14: Castlevania - Not started yet

Game #15: Wonderful 101 - Not started yet

Game #16: Ogre Battle 64 - Not started yet

Game #17: The Fall - Not started yet

Game #18: Last Of Us remake - Not started yet

Game #19: Driveclub - 1-2 hours in
This should last me a good while... specially since I play WoW also.

JaCy

I've noticed the past few challenges and wanted to participate. It just seemed daunting, but I'm going to try it this year. So claimed!

Gonna claim a spot here. Seems like an absurd challenge, but might help clean the old backlog up. With that goal in mind, I'm also going to shoot for games that I've never played before.

Stuff I started this week that will in no way finish before the first:

Dragon Age Inquisition
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Steamworld Dig

Want to play this year:
Dangan Rompa
Escape Goat 2
Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes
Half Life 2
Half Life 2: Episode 1
Half Life 2: Episode 2
Hitman: Go
The Room 2
Transistor
Broken Age
Shadows of Mordor
Gunpoint
To the Moon
Shadowrun Returns
Fantasy Life (don't own)

CBTech

Sure, let's try this out. Claiming this post. I doubt I'll complete the challenge but whatever. Now I regret playing through Guacamelee the other day.

Game 1: Super Smash Bros For 3DS - 12/26-1/2
I unlocked all of the characters and stages and got my fill of all of the single player modes. Will continue to play with friends but I'm considering this done.

Game 2: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - 12/26-1/17
Completed everything except Mummy Me Maze Forever. Really enjoyed this game. Everything was light, fun, and challenging when needed.

Game 3: Spelunky - 12/27-1/18
I never beat Ulmec (though I did get to him). If I put a little more effort into this game I'm sure I could beat it, but I've lost interest so I'm calling this done. Overall a very good game. It kept me hooked for awhile, but I can only play these games so long before I burn out.

Game 4: Super Smash Bros. For Wii U - 12/??-1/18
Like my 3DS entry. I unlocked all of the characters and stages. I'll play with friends from now on, but probably won't touch the single player modes too much.

Game 5:
Game 6:
Game 7:
Game 8:
Game 9:
Game 10:
Game 11:
Game 12:
Game 13:
Game 14:
Game 15:
Game 16:
Game 17:
Game 18:
Game 19:
Game 20:
Game 21:
Game 22:
Game 23:
Game 24:
Game 25:
Game 26:
Game 27:
Game 28:
Game 29:
Game 20:
Game 31:
Game 32:
Game 33:
Game 34:
Game 35:
Game 36:
Game 37:
Game 38:
Game 39:
Game 40:
Game 41:
Game 42:
Game 43:
Game 44:
Game 45:
Game 46:
Game 47:
Game 48:
Game 49:
Game 50:
Game 51:
Game 52:

IN PROGRESS

Knights of the Old Replublic 2: The Sith Lords
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Hyrule Warriors: DLC

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I screwed this up in 2014 and only finished like 40, because I took a two month break from games in the middle of the year. Not this year. I will succeed!

Besides, it's not like there's any shortage of interesting 2015 games to fuel this.

1. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - 1/1 - 15-20 Hours
After the Trilogy release with its disappointing redrawn artwork came out, I realized that I really wanted to run through the original trilogy again. It's been 9 years since I've played the first game, and I was kind of amazed by how much I still love it. It's also a little weird going back to this game after finishing law school myself. Turns out, Phoenix Wright is waaaaaaaay more fun than law school actually was.

2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - 1/1
I've been playing the game regularly for the last month, but I had to give it up for a bit while I went home for Christmas. I got back to my place today, and the first thing I did was run through it with a couple characters. Credits scrolled, game is beaten. It's not like I don't play enough of this thing as it is.

3. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice For All - 1/8 - 20-25 Hours
Followed up my replay of the first game with this one. Overall, I think this is probably the better game, though that's largely because the final case is so damn good... not to mention insanely long. The first time I played through the series, I would've pointed to the final case as my favorite in the series... after I finish replaying the series, I might still feel the same way.

4. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - 1/13 - 7 Hours
Finished the main game and collected all of the gems. I have yet to dig into the (presumably copious) extra stuff, but I'll be working on that on the side as I tackle some other games. I really enjoyed this one, and was surprised by how unique the gameplay felt. It's definitely an evolved version of the gameplay from 3D World's Captain Toad levels, and the creativity on display here is on par with some of the zany designs from 3D World's normal stages. It feels like a bizarre, alternate version of Super Mario 3D World, basically... and that's a very good thing.

5. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (PS4) - 1/18 - ~10 Hours
I wasn't sure what to expect from this one, since it takes after Uncharted quite a bit, and I kind of despise that series. Well, I loved it, and couldn't stop playing it yesterday. Combat and platforming both feel great, the game has just the right amount of exploration, and the pacing is perfect. I went from not caring even the slightest bit about the sequel to wanting it immediately.

6. Brandish: The Dark Revenant - 1/24 - 13 Hours
I'd wanted to play this game for years, and it finally came out last week courtesy of XSEED. I wasn't disappointed. I loved the game. Excellent level designs, satisfying gameplay mechanics, and just the right amount of challenge. And being a Falcom game, the music was obviously fantastic. Even though it took 6 years for the game to come stateside, I'm really glad that it finally did.

7. The Binding of Isaac Rebirth (PS4) - 1/25
I liked the original game, but didn't play a whole lot of it. It's pretty clear right off the bat that this is what the first game should've been. The game's a lot of fun, and definitely has the addictive hooks that you'd expect from any good entry in the genre. I got the first ending in the game, but I'm continuing to dig through it and see just how crazy this thing gets.

8. Puyo Puyo Tetris (PS4) - 1/29
So, I've never really liked Tetris. I thought it was boring. Then I saw Grandmaster Tetris on AGDQ, and realized that actually, The Sega/Arika Tetris lines are kind of amazing. So, I gave this game a shot and absolutely loved it. I played through the game's surprisingly satisfying story mode, and expect to be back for a lot more. Really a fantastic surprise.

9. The Last of Us: Remastered - 2/5
Skipped the game on PS3, because it ran like crap and kinda hated Uncharted's gameplay, so I figured this wouldn't be for me. Wrong. I loved it. And I'm really glad I waited for the PS4 version, because man does it play nicely with some halfway decent hardware behind it. I'll take a break before playing the DLC, but yeah, I'm excited to play some more.

10. The Last of Us: Left Behind (PS4) - 2/6
Well, I thought I would take a break before playing the DLC, but... I didn't. Really liked it. Playing as Ellie made for an interesting change in that you have to run from enemies and can't just go Rambo on them when shit goes south. Storytelling was well done, as one would expect, and at 2 hours, the DLC's length was just right.

11. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Wii U) - 2/9 - 8 Hours
So, I went into this game thinking I would like it. I ended up absolutely fucking loving it. I can't believe how good this game is. As far as 2D actioners go, it's up there with classics like the Mega Man X series. Fantastic gameplay, beautiful visuals, amazing OST... wow. This is honestly one of the best games I've probably ever played.

12. Super Mario Galaxy - 2/20 - ~20 Hours
I played Galaxy back when it came out in 2007 and enjoyed it, but I didn't really take the time to savor it. I finished the game with the minimum required stars, and that was it. This time, I went for a 120 star run. This game is still fantastic, and going after every star makes it that much more satisfying.

13. Ys I Chronicles+ - 2/23 - ~6 Hours
Despite that I love the Ys series, I'd never actually played Ys I or II. Now that they're out on GOG, I figured I might as well change that, so I plowed through the first game. Wasn't sure what to expect, but it was actually a lot of fun, and the soundtrack was unbelievable. I've heard Ys I is basically just a prologue for the more fleshed-out Ys II, so I'm really excited to see what that game has to offer.

14. Hotline Miami 2 (PC) - 3/18 - ~6 Hours
I loved the first game, and I liked this one even better. Basically more of the same, but with a bit more variety. And that soundtrack? Flawless.

15. Bloodborne - 4/2
Holy fuck, this game was awesome. I'd only played like 6 hours of Demon's Souls prior to this and didn't really dig it, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I adored this game. Dodging is my favorite mechanic in gaming, and this took it to its extreme. Such tight gameplay, such perfect atmosphere.

16. Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Fire TV) - 4/23
Played it for work. Not as good as the Neo Geo version, obviously, but man... every time I play this game, I'm reminded just how fucking awesome it is. Still one of the best fighters ever.

17. F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin (PC) - 4/24
Been a while since I've played through this one. Some people were pretty down on the sequel, but I love it. Still some of the best gunplay in the genre, and a really satisfying experience all-around. It's kind of crazy to think it's 6 years old at this point, but it's still just as awesome as I remember it.

18. Ys VI: The Ark in Napishtim (PC) - 5/3 - 12 Hours
Wasn't surprised at all that I loved Ys VI. Oath in Felghana is one of my all-time favorites, and Origins is fantastic, too. Napishtim isn't quite as polished, but I like that there's a bit more scope to the story/world than in those other two games. The soundtrack was also incredible. I played through the game on hard mode, and was thorough enough with my levelling and item collecting that I basically steamrolled the final boss. Pretty challenging apart from that, though.

19. The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition (PC) - 5/10 - 23 Hours
Well, it sure as hell took me long enough to get through this one. Bought the game when it came out, couldn't get it to run properly on my AMD video card. Tried the game again on my new computer a couple years later, couldn't get into it for whatever reason. Weird, considering that The Witcher 1 is one of my favorite WRPGs. This time, I absolutely loved the thing. A really well done RPG that, while plagued by a bit of low-budget clumsiness, was a fantastic experience the whole way through.

20. Castlevania: Lament of Innocence - 5/16 - 8 Hours
Ran through this game again for the first time in 11 years. I still think this game is incredibly underrated. It's not much of a Castlevania, and it's not trying to be Devil May Cry. It's a dungeon crawler with really, really satisfying combat and one of the best soundtracks ever. I still love the game. I was pretty thorough with it (had like 99% map completion) and knocked out all the optional bosses.

21. Gitaroo Man - 5/17 - 1.5 Hours
Played through Gitaroo Man for the trillionth time. This game will probably never stop being good, and time has done nothing to diminish that this is the best music game ever.

22. Beatmania IIDX 16: Empress - 5/17
Randomly broke this one out for the first time in years, and man am I rusty. Game is still crazy fun, and the music is fantastic. It only makes Konami's current situation that much sadder.

23. Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (PS2) - 5/23 - 9 Hours
Haven't played DMC3 in 9 years, and I'd never actually played my copy of SE, so I went ahead and ran through it. What an awesome game. It really is the best in the series, and while I still think Ninja Gaiden Black is the better game, this is definitely my second favorite action game ever.

24. Mario Kart 8 - 6/2
Finally got three star, gold trophies in every cup. This game is always a good time.

25. Super Meat Boy - 6/20
Started speedrunning the game again, so I've finished it at least a dozen times in the last week. Still great.

26. 3D Classics: Outrun - 6/22
I've always loved Outrun, but somehow, this is the first time I've ever made it to the finish line. Still a fantastic game, and holy shit... M2's port for the 3DS is insane. The fact that I can own by far the best version of this classic for $6 is ridiculous.

27. Diablo III: Ultimate Edition (PS4) - Sometime in July
I'd never played Diablo III until now, and... I'm kinda glad I waited, because this version of the game feels super-polished, and it was a hell of a lot of fun. Pretty mindless stuff, but a damn good time.

28. Guilty Gear Xrd (PS4) - Sometime in July
Haven't been super into fighting games for a while, but I've had a lot of fun with this one. I used to be really good at XX, so it was weird coming back to GG and having a genuinely new game in the series to tackle. It's awesome, I love it.

29. Pillars of Eternity - Sometime in July - 42 Hours
Amazing game. I never got into the Baldur's Gate series or any of the D&D stuff, because I always found the D&D aspect of it to be kinda impenetrable. This game, though? Just incredible. I did most of the sidequests, and had a great time the whole way through. A definite GOTY candidate.

30. Heavy Metal Geomatrix - 8/1
It's been more than a decade since I've played this, but time has done nothing to dull how damn fun this game is. It's one of Capcom's lesser known Dreamcast games, but it's an absurdly fun arena combat game with a killer soundtrack.

31. Crazy Taxi (DC) - 8/1
This game will never not be good.

32. Marvel Vs. Capcom (DC) - 8/9
I've always preferred the first MVC to the sequel. It's not quite as crazy, and the aesthetics just feel more like classic '90s Capcom to me. Still an awesome game, and the Dreamcast port is amazing.

33. Metroid Prime 2 (GC) - 8/23 - 16 Hours
Haven't played through this one since 2007, so I figured it was time. Game is still excellent. I really like how different this one feels from the original, though I definitely still think Prime 1 is the better game. I was pretty thorough with scans and item collection, and 16 hours of playtime felt about right.

34. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - 8/29 - 1.5 Hours
Short but sweet. The gameplay mechanics are so ridiculously polished that it just embarrasses other games. Shame that Phantom Pain is such a colossal letdown.

35. Super Mario Maker - Sometime in September - 30+ Hours
Finished the included content, and the 100 Mario Challenge a bunch of times. This is the sort of game I'll be going back to pretty frequently, because it is awesome.

36. Shovel Knight (Fire TV) - 9/25 - 2 Hours
Played through the game last year, but I went back to it recently and have been really loving the game... like, even more than before.

37. Ys: The Oath in Felghana (PC) - 9/27 - 8 Hours
It's been a few years since I've run through this game, and now that I finally have a working computer again, I figured I might as well play it again. Still one of my favorite PC games -- just a great game on all fronts.

38. Ducktales Remastered (Fire TV) - 9/30 - 2 Hours
Played through the game again. I still really like it. It's not one of my favorite WayForward games, but it's still a lot of fun.

39. 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - 10/10
Picked up the M2 release of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and gave the game another go-round. Still great, obviously... though I will say that the last level has always been, and always will be, some straight up booshit. M2 did a fantastic job with this release, as always. Best version of the game now.

40. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked - 10/22 - 29 Hours
Randomly decided to give this game a shot, seeing how it's one of the few SMT games I have yet to play. It was pretty great. I really haven't put any time into an SRPG outside of the Fire Emblem series, so that might have contributed to this game being tough as shit. Especially late in the game. Finishing it was incredibly satisfying.

41. 3D Shinobi III - 10/24 - 1.5 Hours
Wanted to play something on the plane, so I went for this. It's been a couple years since I've played all the way through it, and unsurprisingly, the game is still great. Super enjoyable mechanics, and the perfect level of challenge.

42. Yoshi's Wooly World - Sometime in November
It took 20 years, but Nintendo finally made a new, good Yoshi game. I absolutely loved this one. Everything about it. The level design, the controls, the music, the fact that everything is ridiculously adorable. Just fantastic. Might even be better than the original, and that was one of my favorite platformers ever.

Rubius

Achieved the 54 games in 2014. Gonna have to do the same for 2015!

Game 1 : The Walking Dead Season 2 - 9 hours - 01/03/15
And the feels continues. Hard choices over hard choices. Cant wait to see what Season 3 will give us. Being a 11 yo girl never been as hard as now. 4/5

Game 2 : Borderland : The Pre-Sequel - 25 hours - 01/05/15
More of Borderland 2 but now with more air combat. The game is pretty good if you liked Borderland 2, but the ending is really sequel bait, which is weird because the sequel is Borderland 2...
So what are they going to do? Borderland the Presequel Sequel? 3.5/5

Game 3: Saint Row : Gat out of hell - 8 hours - 01/21/15
I'm a big Saint Row fan, so I one sitted this game all evening and it's pretty fun. A load ton of collectables to collect, a lot of new style of missions and flying feel pretty good. If you liked Saint Row 4 I would recommend it to you. 4/5

Game 4 : Pokemon White - 54 hours - 01/23/15
I didnt like that Pokemon too much, I felt that there was too much story elements and I didnt care about them. The pokemons were pretty average too. The ending felt a little flat and I wonder if it will be explained in Pokemon Black 2. 3/5

Game 5 : Gears of Wars - About 8 hours - 01/24/15
Pretty good for a console shooter, pretty unforgiving in some places and the weapons are pretty limited but the story was pretty okay. Good designs too. 4/5

Game 6 : Dying Light - 33 hours - 02/13/15
Killed my time like crazy. Running around doing side missions was so much fun. Killing zombies, listenting to people talk. Parcour is really cool and nicely done. Far from perfect but it's a really fun game. 4.5/5

Game 7 : The Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask 3DS 03/07/15
It's Majora Mask, what to add. In my opinion the story and the theme is better than Ocarina of Time, but Ocarina of Time is the better game. The 3DS remake make it even better. 4.5/5

Game 8 : Hyrule Warriors - 03/13/15
First game of that style, but I really loved it. The music is great, you feel super powerful and there is a good element of stress when you see the opponent army go through the map. 3.5/5

Game 9 : Final Fantasy : Theatrhythm : Curtain Call - 03/14/15
The "remake/sequel" for Final Fantasy : Theatrhythm, it add a real game mode, and a ton more songs and themes. The DLCs are way too expensive for what they are, but there is a good choice. Even if you dont like Final Fantasy, I recommend this game for the music alone. 4/5

Game 10 : Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - 03/18/15
The sequel to Hotline Miami. It's harder, faster and "better". More story driven, but nothing too much. If you liked the original it's the same. Gory and challenging. 4/5

Game 11 : Alan Wake's American Nightmare - 06/25/15
The "sequel" to Alan Wake, this one is more arcady. The story is weaker but interesting. It's more Alan Wake really with less actual story. 3.5/5

Game 12 : Infamous - 07/29/15
Infamous or "Look at that orb, you really want it" is a fun game about running around in a city and collecting orbs. Oh there is some story about some guys trying to become super humans or something. But really, you just want to collect stuff. Fun game but kind of repetitive. 3/5

Game 13 : NES REMIX - 07/29/15
Modified NES games with challenges. The chosen games are not really too interesting sadly, but if you like early NES games, then check this game out. 2/5

Game 14 : NES REMIX 2 - 07/29/15
More modified NES games. But with better games. Same style as the original, but with games you want to play. 3/5

Game 15 : Splatoon
Really fun and addictive game. The solo mode is close of a Mario Galaxy while the Multiplayer is a Online area of control shooter. Really cute too. 4/5

Game 16 : Bioshock Infinite : Burial At Sea - 07/29/15
It was pretty good, but extremely story focused. If you liked the story of Bioshock but not the gameplay, check it out. 3.5/5

Game 17 : Steamworld Dig - 08/13/15
Dig! Dig even more! Not really a Metroidvania but kinda, you go around and dig to find pieces, upgrade yourself to dig even more and faster. Pretty fun and addictive. 4/5

Game 18 : Sonic Lost World -
I really dont get Sonic games. The game look fine, but it's a big mess. Not fun at all and full of problems with the controls and level design.A chore. 1.5/5

Game 19 : Far Cry 2 - 10/12/15
Pretty old and challenging, but still fun in my book. Just really really repetitive and annoying sometimes. 3/5

Game 20 : The Swapper - 4 Hours- 10/12/15
Story driven Puzzle game. Fun but some puzzles make you feel really stupid or impotent. Great story. 3/5

Game 21 : Unepic - 20 Hours - 10/19/15
Metroidvania RPG with internet humor and a great feeling of discovery. A lot of possibilities of stuff to do. 4/5

Game 22 : Broforce - 7 Hours- 10/20/15
USA USA USA USA. Big Guys (and girls) with guns go to LIBERATE the world from stuff! Really fun, a ton of characters to play as and you have to adapt often. 4/5

Game 23 : Drawn : The Painted Tower - 3 hours -10/24/15
Puzzle Game. Simple one with some really annoying puzzles. Really short too. 2/5

Game 24 : Outlast : Whistleblower - 3 Hours - 10/25/15
The DLC for Outlast. Less story driven as the first one but as scary. Your heart will jump when you hear some of the enemies approcaching and run after you. Short and provide some closure to the first story. 4/5

Game 25 : Hell Yeah ! - 5 Hours - 10/26/15
Go around and kill monsters who have seen you naked! Action Platformer with some puzzle elements. Pretty repetitive and easy. 3/5

Game 26 : Adventures of Pip - 4:15 - 10/28/15
Cute platformer with an interesting transformation mechanic and a lot of hidden treasures and stuff. Highly recommended if you want a cute and short platformer. 4/5

Game 27 : Nyx Quest - 3 hours - 10/29/15
Fun physic platformer where you move stuff and try to survive. Kinda clunky since it was a Wiiware title at the start, but it's worth your time if you want a fun and somewhat challenging platformer. 3/5

Game 28 : Afterfall : Insanity - 8 hours - 12/01/15
Poor man Dead Space with clunky combat, horrible voice acting and script and story, but overall it's playable. The bosses are really Tanky for no good reason. 2/5

Game 29 : Penumbra : Overture - 6 hours - 12/01/15
Everybody was telling me how good this game was and it was pretty disappointing to me. It's mostly physic or basic puzzles with a horror theme in the background. Maybe Chapter 2 and 3 are better, but this is far from Amnesia, both in horror or in puzzles.
2/5
Game 30 : Cave Story + - 7 Hours - 12/03/15
Cave Story but with enhanced graphics and music. Still a fun platformer that can be pretty difficult. Screw the last boss though. 4/5

Game 31 : The Deer God - 2 hours 50 - 12/03/15
Cute artsy game with gorgeous graphics. Hold right and solve basic puzzles. The game feel really empty and sometimes you have to spend 10 minutes going right to find something you are looking for. 3/5

Game 32 : Castle Crasher (Steam) - 5 hours and 55 minutes - 12/04/15
Already played through on the 360 but never played the "updated" version. Same thing. Pretty rough in single player, but still really fun. 4/5

Game 33 : A Bird Story - 1 Hour 10 minutes - 12/04/15
Not really a game, but more an interactive short pixel movie. It's really touching but has barely any gameplay. 3/5 for what it is.

Game 34 : Home - 55 minutes - 12/05/15
Really short psychological horror game. Excellent sound design and graphical style. Would need to replay multiple time to get the whole story. 4/5

Game 35 : Viscera Cleanup Detail: Shadow Warrior - 2 hours 30 minutes - 12/05/15
Cleaning the mess of Shadow Warrior. Cute game, relaxing game, but can be somewhat be bugged. Had to use the console to finish the game. 2/5

Game 36 : Muramasa Rebirth - 6:21 - 12/10/15
I "played" this game for the last two years on and off for months. Great game, did the Oboro sword story. I might do the other part if I ever feel like replaying it. 4/5

Game 37 : Cthulhu Saves the World - 9 hours 50 minutes - 12/11/15
A simple RPG on the easy side. Enjoyable since it has Save anywhere, limited random encounters and a good sense of humor. It was fun even for me who is not a Turn based RPG guy. 3/5

Game 38 : Stacking - 3 hours 30 minutes - 12/12/15
Stacking is a great adventure game about russian dolls. The universe is wonderful, the style is fun, the music is nice. Great game all around. 4/5

Game 39 : Tobe's Vetical Adventure - 79 minutes - 12/16/15
Cute SNES like puzzle platformer. Really short but work pretty well. 4/5

Game 40 : Brothers : A Tale of Two Sons - 3 hours and 35 - 12/16/15
Emotional and well thought of game about a really good story and adventure. Fantastic game. 5/5

Game 41 : The Cave - 4 hours -12/18/15
Cool puzzle game that change depending on the 3 characters you choose at the beginning of the game. Pretty fun. 4/5

Game 42 : Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood - 1 hour and 10 minutes - 12/22/15
Horde mode. Playable but not really fun. 3 types of enemies, annoying sounds and weird shooting. 2/5

Game 43 : Luxor : Evolved - 2 hours 55 - 12/22/15
Really flashy version of Luxor with some Atari games secret levels. Pretty fun and relaxing to see stuff explode all around 3/5

Game 44 : Samorost 2 - 1 hour - 12/23/15
Cute short adventure game in Flash about a man looking for his dog. 3/5

Game 45 : Axiom Verge - 11:40:18 - 12/24/15
Metroidvania that is a lot like Super Metroid in design. A lot of stuff to find and a lot of choices of items. 5/5

Game 46 : Undertale - 11 hours - 12/27/15
Did the "real" ending. Really fun game with a lot of emotions and great music. 4/5

Game 47 : The Beginner's Guide - 86 minutes - 12/28/15
Well, that's different from Stanley Parable. Weird game. 3/5

Game 48 : Super Mario Maker - 11:45 -12/28/15
Super Mario Bros with an editing software. Great for the creative minds or for infinite Mario levels. 3/5
I finished the solo mode and a bunch of events and 100 lives.

Game 49 : Huniepop - 3 hours - 12/31/15
Bejeweled with sexy pictures 3/5

Game 50 : Haotful Boyfriend - 12/31/15
Dating sim with birds. Pretty silly and weird but pretty fleshed out for a dating sim. 3/5

Game 51 : The Park - 73 minutes - 12/31/15
Horror Walking simulator. Good story but lacking on the gameplay front.

donny2112

Backlog is a much better sight after 2014, but figure can do another 52 in 2015 over the course of the year. :)

Edit:
Is there going to be a 52 book completion thread for 2015? Thought someone mentioned that idea in the 2014 thread. Movie, too?

Edit2:
Ah, here's the 2014 version of the 50 book/50 movie thread! Gonna go for the tri-fecta next year. Staring at ~18 books on my shelf for a backlog, and a few more digitally. Can probably scrounge up reason enough to get some more! :)

Edit3:
Proper list.

Game 1 (January 7, 2015): Mega Man 7 (SNES, Wii U VC) - 6:32
After so many Mega Man games last year, was all considering backing off on my opinion that Mega Man games are overly hard and need save states to avoid over-frustrations, and then the boss battle happened. *shakes head* War of attrition, where you're on the losing side. Save states to the rescue (again)! :p Good game. Fun (other than the final boss battle) and good SNES graphics.
1 down! Much slower than last year, but I've already got 2 books and 2 movies down in the other thread, so it's all good! :D
Game 2 (January 7, 2015): NES Remix 2 (Wii U) - 8:20
Much better than NES Remix 1 in large part because the final level wasn't a sadistic torture! It was actually fun!!!! Yeah!!!! :D Got all
stars and almost all the stamps. Beat Super Luigi Bros. 1st quest. You'd think that running right to left instead of left to right and Luigi's floaty jumping and slippery stopping wouldn't make this so frustrating, but it did! :lol No second quest for me. :p Now I need a SNES Super Metroid Remix. Do it, Nintendo!
Game 3 (January 11, 2015): Ittle Dew (Wii U) - 7:41
100% it. All cards. Master Cave complete. Started off really good. Enjoyed the Zelda callbacks. Interesting commentary on Zelda staples
e.g. eating real hearts for health, main character loving to whack stuff and take money from people's treasure chests
. Game was missing something, though. Maybe a more epic story than "trying to get stuff to buy a raft to get off the island" would've helped. Mechanics seemed kind of dry, too. Master Cave especially required some thinking outside of the box to complete (and some Youtube help :p) but it felt just like puzzles for puzzles sake. Guess that'd be a lack of gripping presentation or at least interest. Oh, well. Glad to have played it, even it wasn't as good as I hoped going in.
3 down! :p
Game 4 (January 12, 2015): Shantae (GBC, 3DS VC) - 13:09
Figured it'd be good to play the original before hitting Pirate's Curse. Good traditional side-scroller exploration game. The transformation abilities give it a nice Metroid-like aspect, but would've like to be have been able to upgrade her attack powers at some point. As is, the final bosses didn't take more hits than the earliest enemies, so the only thing keeping them for late game was the ability to reach them. Guess that's one thing an RPG-type Castlevania has over this (or Metroid enemies that are only vulnerable to one beam type). Worth playing for the series and rarity of the original cartridge, if nothing else. Now have a couple of more Wii U games I want to get through, and then it's time to finish the fight, er, trilogy! :lol
Game 5 (January 20, 2015): Armillo (Wii U) - 5:10
Good little game. Liked the round world mechanic and the dark/light world. Simple dash, jump mechanics with some items. KISS in action. :) Didn't feel the need to get all the secret levels, but figure it could've lasted a few more hours, easily, if I was so inclined.
Game 6 (January 24, 2015): Weapon Shop de Omasse (3DS) - 8:42
This one's frustrating, because I want to like it, but a game-killing bug prevents me from progressing, and I'm not pouring another 8 hours into the grinder here. :( I have a Pending quest for Grape (Level 5 quest 02), but he hasn't shown up in over a week of play time. Only NPC characters come through, so none of the other stories are progressing, either. Shop is at level 6 and NPC characters and forging weapons is like trying to level up at a high level in Dragon Quest and being limited to regular slimes. >:| It's an interesting take on the genre, if it would've just worked!!! Ugh. :(
Game 7 (January 30, 2015): SteamWorld Dig (Wii U) - 8:41
Boy, that game went by fast! Surprised about how the games just sucks you in to explore a litter farther, try a little more, before heading back to the surface to recharge everything. Very fun game. All about exploration early on. Slowly adds enemies
and only 1 boss
, so the focus stays pretty much on exploration throughout. Very relaxing in that way, and a much appreciated change of pace. Very recommended! :)
Game 8 (February 2, 2015): Disney Planes (3DS) - 4:03
Good gameplay for a Disney Pilotwings-type game! Basically doing different challenges, races, balloon popping, and a nominal story mode through 5 or 6 distinct areas again and again. The different game focuses each time through helped keep it from getting old too fast in the hours it took to complete, though. As far as the characters go, I find it exceptionally ironic that the "bad guy" plane has the highest stats in almost every category, so after the story mode, it makes the most sense to use him to make the other levels that much easier. :p Good flying gameplay with good 3-D (except in the shooting levels where the reticule is behind the plane in 3-D space!) usage, so recommended if you like simple flying games with good (in most game-types) 3-D. :D
Game 9 (February 3, 2015): Just Dance 2015 (Wii U) - 8:20
This game doesn't necessarily have an "end," but I figure it's enough to call it at this point. Have played all the on-disk songs + 4 DLC. Created a couple of custom playlists (a real tragedy that they don't allow you to save custom playlists but just have the one per time (10/20/40/endless minutes) that's easy to mess up and a pain to put back together) and will probably keep playing them some going forward. Just Dance is a game that you enjoy if you like the song selection (and dancing/flailing :) ), and I liked the song selection of this year's title. Wish they allowed importing of previous version songs, but then, this is Ubisoft. :p Like the Community Remix, and a few of the alternate versions.
And What the Fox Says is just insane.
If you like the song selection, it's worth picking it up on sale.
Game 10 (February 6, 2015): Sleepwalker's Journey (Mobile) - ~6 hours
Lemming-type puzzle platformer, where you manipulate the environment around this sleepwalker to collect stars, moons, and try to finish in a set time (getting a Gold ribbon if you get all three, Silver for two, etc.). Graphics were charming, music was good, basically no story (Sleepwalker fell from the sky, so try to get him back by finishing all the levels), gameplay was responsive and not frustrating (all touch controls). Good little game! Did have one issue where my phone died at the end of a level and it corrupted my save, though, so make sure that your phone/tablet is above 25% of power to play to avoid this issue. Had to reinstall and lose all progress (no cloud save) when that happened, which extended the game a bit. Going back through the levels I had already completed just took a couple of hours, though, since I knew the mechanics already and wasn't trying to get all Golds.
Game 11 (February 24, 2015): Super Mario Kart (SNES, Wii U VC) - 3:57
Man, I went into this game with such expectations, and I got to say it failed to meet any of them! To start with (and most importantly), the controls were horrid. Just absolutely horrid. Never did figure out how to drift around corners. There was also this one type of terrain that I found if I hit anyway except straight on, would throw me crazily to the left or the right at a high speed even if I was crawling at the time around a curve. AI was probably the most cheating I've ever seen in the series. Rubber-band AI? Try "always have items and throw them perfectly in front of you every time and outright jump over any items they are heading toward themselves instead of hitting them. Also incapable of hurting themselves with their own items. And rubber-band speed boosting." Beat everything in 50cc and 100cc, so was glad to see all the courses, at least. Graphics were good for the SNES, but the Mode 7 scaling instead of polygons made it difficult to judge distances the first couple of laps of a race. Couldn't be helped on the SNES, though. Overall, glad to have played the game, but way, way, way gladder to have started with MK64, because if I'd have started with this one, probably wouldn't have continued with the series. :p
Have been playing a little of a lot of games to be able to fill out Club Nintendo surveys before they expire. Now with that out of the way, can get back to sticking with a game until finishing, finally! :lol
Game 12 (March 14, 2015): Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) - 25:16
What a great game from beginning to end! Loved the revisited areas. Loved the new areas. Love the cross-world hopping. Love the final story. Love the final ending. 100%'d this game with all the heart pieces, all the items (all upgraded), all the baby squids found, and only died once. Would love to see a sequel set in Lorule. Could even be on Wii U! Man, such a great game!!!
Well, still haven't gotten to finishing the partial games that were done for Club Nintendo, since I was still doing partial games for Club Nintendo! I'm *hopeful* that I'll be able to do so now, though! :)
Game 13 (March 15, 2015): Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (GB, 3DS VC) - 3:25
Simple, trudging through GB game. Better than I remember the original Kid Icarus on NES to be, though. Fun to finish an old Kid Icarus game, for once. :)
Game 14 (April 4, 2015): Retro City Rampage DX (3DS) - 7:49
Funny little game. Actually liked the TMNT underwater levels here! Lots of customization and arcade type side games to do, if you want. Main game path is straight laid out, if you want to get to business, though, which I appreciate. Lots of nods to old games and fun to try to pick out the references. Most of the game was pretty simple, but some of the main game challenges required some repeating to get through. The save/checkpoint system is pretty good in this game, though, so it doesn't get too frustrating. Liked the game. :)
Game 15 (April 28, 2015): Battleground Z (3DS) - ~11 hours
Homepass really helps with playing this Streetpass game in a consistent manner. Actually "beat" it a little bit back, but this is for "doing everything I want to do in it, including getting all but 1 Plaza ticket, and moving it to the Game Vault." This is a Zombie battler using Mii characters to get you weapons based on the hobby selected for Streetpass. Actually pretty varied and a fun story. Nothing earth-shattering, of course. The gameplay, while simple, was fun and the boss fights (especially the
giant farmers in the corn field
) are something to see. Fun in 3-D, too!
Game 16 (April 30, 2015): Ultimate Angler (3DS) - ~14.5 hours
Homepass really helps with playing this Streetpass game in a consistent manner, too! This one was actually more fun than the Battleground Z one for me. Never know what to expect with this, whereas the Battleground Z could beat basically any level with enough players/weapon options. It can have a bit of too much randomness in it, if you really want to get everything, though. Some serious grinding, if that's your goal. Thankfully, I'm fine with just getting another 21/22 Plaza tickets, and calling it a day. Good fun!
Game 17 (May 3, 2015): Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Wii U) - 21:16
Actually played through this one twice. First run was about ~15 hours. Second run was in
Pirate Mode where it gives you all the Pirate gear to start with
and that made it go much faster! Fun game if I wanted to play through it again right after beating it. (^_^) Metroidvania with some well-hidden secret areas. Both playthroughs got all of the Dark Magic and Heart Squids. Love exploration focused games like this! Highly recommended!
Game 18 (May 13, 2015): Mighty Switch Force! 2 (3DS) - 3:02
Got babies on just about all the courses, but didn't bother with PAR times past the first one. The water mechanic is too imprecise for frustrating myself with speed runs with it. Good short game, otherwise!
Game 19 (May 22, 2015): Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader (GCN) - ~7 hours
First replay of this year. Just rewatched the original, original trilogy (i.e. not the remastered ones) and was inspired to go back to this wonderful game. Looking back, Factor 5 really needed work on controls for some of the stuff, but their presentation was top notch. Wish they were still a viable thing for Nintendo systems nowadays. They could do so much with the hardware! Them and RARE were masters with a limited palette.
Game 20 (May 29, 2015): Tomb Raider: Underworld (PC) - ~12.5 hours
Finally got back to playing this. Good to see the wrapup of the trilogy there. (^_^) Looking forward to Rise of the Tomb Raider whenever it comes out on PC, too!
Game 21 (June 3, 2015): Teslagrad (Wii U) - ~6 hours
Such an absolutely terrible game! Platforming could be good at times when it wasn't killing you 50,000 different ways with no health bar and always-on insta-death. Boss battles were the pits with long, drawn out boss battles with insta-death and having to be perfect through 20+ steps in each boss battle. Oh, and the final boss froze the Wii U 90% of the time. Had his pattern down, so could've beat him if the game didn't freeze 90% of the time. Absolutely terrible game. Maybe it's not so buggy on other platforms, but I'm sure it's just as unnecessarily insta-death and bad, bad, bad design. DO NOT BUY! DON'T SUPPORT SUCH SHODDY WORK!
Game 22 (June 5, 2015): Clockwork Tales (Mobile) - ~4 hours
This was actually a fun and truly casual game. Point-and-click game with an everpresent hint option (time-based, so you have to wait after getting a hint before the next one) so that you're never lost no matter how long it's been since the last time you played. Graphics were pretty good and the gameplay (point-and-click with breaks for puzzles like a Layton-very light but not pedantic) was enjoyable. Looking forward to playing more games from this developer!
Game 23 (June 14, 2015): Brain Age: Concentration Training (3DS) - ~4 hours
Started a new profile and worked it up to be ~even to my previous two profiles. Probably going to delete it and work it up again, as the progression is really nice. Also glad to see the effects of the improved concentration reappearing in my everyday life from the training. This is a great, useful game. (^_^)
Game 24 (July 22, 2015): I've Got to Run (3DS) - 0:29
Unlocked everything. Cool to see
Armadillo dude
and other Indie characters as unlockables. Simple game but good for the few minutes it lasted. 10 cents, so not a bad deal, either!
Game 25 (July 23, 2015): G.G Series Great Whip Adventure (DSiWare) - 0:51
Infinite continues makes this game not ridiculously frustrating. Tough little game but beatable since you have infinite tries and it saves after each level. New DSiWare in 2015 that's pretty neat? Nice!
Game 26 (July 24, 2015): Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (Wii U) - 12:09
Fun Metroidvania with lots of style! Love the Luchador aesthetic for everything. The available combos that also serve to let you get to higher/farther areas is a nice new feature. Stringing them together to get to new areas is great fun! Lots of puzzle platforming to get through areas, too. Hope they do more games like this!
Game 27 (July 28, 2015): F-Zero (SNES VC, Wii U) - 5:13
Recall beating Master on Knight and Queen Leagues on the original before, but think this may be the first time I've ever beaten King's League on Master difficulty. Obviously thanks to save states, but Fire Field needs save states on Master difficulty. Still the best F-Zero in my book. (^_^)
Game 28 (August 4, 2015): Stretchmo (3DS) - 0:12
Just completed the free levels. Not sure if I'll go back to buy the full amount, but since I never really spent much time in the previous two games (Pushmo and Crashmo), figure I should spend some time there before deciding.
Game 29 (August 6, 2015): Pushmo (3DS) - 5:38
Finally got back to this after a long time. Finished up through Level 3 Challenges, which is about 108 puzzles in. It's basically just time-filler, at this point, as opposed to something like Brain Age: Sudoku, which actually seems to make my mind work to get through it.
Game 30 (August 7, 2015): Brain Age: Sudoku (3DS) - 36:22
Finally beat 100% of the Sudoku puzzles! Those are great fun and really push you to work out further scope logical deductions on the higher levels. Very nice!
Game 31 (August 12, 2015): Goldeneye (N64) - ~8 hours
Beat everything through Secret Agent and 00 Agent through Archives, because I wanted to get the Invisible cheat again. Such a fun game and glad to play it through for the first time in a long time!
Game 32 (August 15, 2015): Halo (XBX) - ~6 hours
Hadn't played it in a while, so wanted to give it another go. Good stuff.
Game 33 (August 19, 2015): Crashmo (3DS) - 9:47
Finished all 100 + some of the bonus ones. Definitely not as mind-activating (for me) as Sudoku or Brain Age: Concentration Training, but still an interesting time-waster.
Game 34 (August 23, 2015): Abyss: Wraiths of Eden (Mobile) - ~5 hours
Typical mobile game that has a real conclusion, and since it's from G5, was pretty good, too. Nothing complex, but much better to play a mobile game on mobile phone than trying to play a game that needs a controller (e.g. DQVIII) on mobile!
Game 35 (August 28, 2015): Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64) - ~14 hours
Didn't recall some of the callbacks in the final fight. Made it a bit of fun
when it wasn't frustrating me trying stun the Alien in the Alien in the Emperor's Death Star throne room to grab its tail and twirl it like Bowser in Mario 64
. Also played a bit of multi against the computer, but Goldeneye (even the base game) is way more fun than that.
Game 36 (August 30, 2015): Donkey Konga (GCN) - ~5 hours
The key to playing this game is to find a CRT to play it on. Tried on a flat screen, and it was terrible. I was hitting the notes perfectly but getting terrible results. Switch to a CRT, and it turns out I was hitting the notes perfectly and getting great results. Unlocked and cleared all songs on highest difficulty. Nice.
Game 37 (September 3, 2015): LEGO The Hobbit (3DS) - 10:20
Great LEGO game brought down by the dullness of arbitrarily different traited dwarves and the glaring lack of the promised DLC to bring in the third movie's contents. Only played a couple on freeplay, as a result. Just finished all the story levels and all the side levels. I do like the construction meta-game to open up new areas/connections to old areas, though!
Game 38 (September 19, 2015): Wonderful 101 (Wii U) - 20:47
Beat'em up with a lot of pizazz. Beat'em up's are not my thing (why am I thinking of getting Hyrule Warriors Legends again?), so just glad that it's over. Good game, but just not my cup-o-tea.
Game 39 (September 30, 2015): Super Mario Maker (Wii U) - 32:46
Great game. Had to set an end point, or I'd be playing it the rest of the year! Hate the masochist levels, and in particular, any level that kills you if you stand at the beginning to decide what to do. That just shows a complete lack of respect for the player and is insulting. Automatically skip any levels being so rude to the player.
Game 40 (October 17, 2015): Child of Light (Wii U) - 16:46
Really beautiful game! Long RPG with interrupts and lots of options in battles to make it go pretty smoothly. Lots of exploration, too, which is always appreciated. Story was touching. (^_^)
Game 41 (October 23, 2015): Kid Icarus (NES, Wii U VC) - 5:31
So glad I never tried to keep going after the first few levels on the original NES version. This is one of those old school, insta-death for minor infraction games that calls out for save states! Good with them, though. (^_^)
Game 42 (October 27, 2015): Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows (3DS) - 9:04
A whole new Shovel Knight game. For no additional charge. What a deal! Great game, too. (^o^)
Game 43 (October 30, 2015): Gunman Clive (HD Collection, Wii U) - ~1.5 hours
Played through it twice. Once as Clive and once as
the duck
. Loved both ways. Nice!
Game 44 (November 4, 2015): Gunman Clive 2 (HD Collection, Wii U) - ~1.5 hours
Played through this one twice as well with the same characters.
Wonderful two part story where you find the head of the enemies is a duck and then proceed to be that duck that becomes head of the enemies!
:lol
Game 45 (November 5, 2015): Star Wars: Dark Forces (PC) - ~13 hours
First time playing this. So glad that old graphics don't bother me. For some new people who can't take older graphics, they'd be missing out on an interesting Star Wars game. Looking forward to the rest of the series!!!
Game 46 (November 10, 2015): Saturday Morning RPG (PC) - ~5.5 hours
4 episode RPG with clever dialogue/story and just enough nostalgic references. Nicely done. (^_^)
Game 47 (November 14, 2015): A Bird Story (PC) - ~1.5 hours
Barely interactive, at all. Story is fine, but this isn't much of a game. (-_-)
Game 48 (November 16, 2015): Kraven Manor (PC) - ~2 hours
Nice graphics. Loading stinks. Short story. More funny (I wanted to be friends with the bronze guys :( ) than particularly scary. Twist at the end was unfortunately predictable. Oh, well...
Game 49 (November 19, 2015): Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride + Abyss Bonus Chapter (Mobile) - ~6 hours
Another good Artifex Mundi mobile game. Nothing challenging with the hint always available after a slight recharge, but fun story, interesting graphics, some decent object hunting puzzles, and fairly long. Worth getting as a time waster on mobile!
Game 50 (November 24, 2015): Dreaming Sarah (PC) - 2 hours
An obtuse way of collecting the items in the game, as there's basically no clues. You just keep going over and over the same spots, and after doing random action #12, something may change. Didn't like that, but on the plus side, it was short so the Youtube guide didn't take long to follow. Also, very happy with the ending.
First thought she was committing suicide in her dream by jumping off the bridge, but then then end shows that she does wake up from the coma in the hospital. Much better!
Game 51 (November 24, 2015): Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii) - 10 hours
Neat mechanics. Straight-forward and fun platforming. Not a lot of fear of death, but for someone going for Gold on levels, losing the gems for "dying" can get to you!
Game 52 (November 29, 2015): Kirby's Rainbow Curse (Wii U) - 8:21
This game is so much fun in co-op. Used the amiibo some, too, but loved being able to play this game all the way through in co-op. Co-operative gameplay is often a war, but this really promotes working together a lot more. That's great!

Pachimari

I might as well try but I really don't know how to calculate how much time I'm spending on each game.

Game #1: Gone Home (PC) - 00:47
Will finally try and beat this game, so starting all over with it.

Game #2: FIFA 15 (PS4) - 01:00
-

Game #3: Hearthstone (Android/PC)
-

Game #4: Ultimate Spider-Man (Android)
-

Game #5: This War of Mine (PC)
-

Game #6: Crossy Road (Android)
-

Game #7: Texas Hold' Em Poker (Android)
-

JustLynx

Gonna try it out, hope I'll make it :D

53/52

Game 1: Dust: An Elysian Tail - 30.01 Hours (5/7)
Amazing game, and it's even more amazing that it was done by one guy.​

Game 2: Bastion - 15 Hours (6/7)
Excellent game.
Just Excellent!​

Game 3: TransPlan - 101 Minutes (2/7)
A lovely puzzle game.​

Game 4: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (DLCs)
  1. Lord of the Hunt - Finished (11/1) - 6 Hours
    Pretty decent DLC, I had a blast playing the base game, so I loved this one as well
  2. The Bright Lord - Finished(4/3) - 3.5 Hours
    Fighting Sauron... yes please :D
    Great little DLC, grants you the power of the Ring, short DLC but really fun, and hard!

Game 5: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - 4.7 Hours (1/3)
I loved the story, and while playing it I can see that this is the game that Payday devs took inspiration from..
Anyways, the game is great, but it's old, and you can feel it, from very bad AI to bad cover system and annoying crashes...​

Game 6: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - 5.1 Hours (2/3)
Again, great story, gameplay is still very meh, but understandable, game is old,
I really hope they'll do another one, cause i love the heroes of these games​

Game 7: Rage- 24 Hours (28/6)
I remembered it much better when I played it when it got out,
fun gameplay and art style, but something isn't there... can't explain.​

Game 8: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 5.8 Hours (13/1)
Damn this game is short!!! but still... it's pretty great, decent story and the gameplay is great, I mean the total destruction feature is so good...
apart from it being really short, i had problem with the video... it's like too bright for me, dunno... maybe it's just me​

Game 9: The Collider - 0.7 Hours (12/1)
Pretty fun game, loved the music and an easy game to 100 :p

Game 10: South Park: The Stick of Truth - 23 Hours (26/1)
Epic.​

Game 11: Dying Light - 47 Hours (8/2)
Enjoyed every second of this game!​

Game 12: Just Cause 2 - 14 Hours (12/2)
Second time I'm finishing this game, and it's still great.
Can't wait for the 3rd one!​

Game 13: Supreme Commander 2 - 22 Hours (28/2)
Pretty decent strategy game! story is kinda meh tbh, but the gameplay is fun.​

Game 14: Torchlight 2 - 50 Hours (7/3)
Started this game back in 2013 and finally finished it :D
Pretty great game, I enjoyed it very much, totally worth the price
And there's NG+ modes... but I doubt I'll continue with it :p

Game 15: Tropico 4 + Modern Times DLC - 79 Hours (17/3)
Such a great GREAT game, from the sweet music and to the funny characters,
It's a great building sim... I just love the Tropico franchise from the first one, can't wait to try Tropico 5 :D

Game 16: Spec Ops: The Line - 30 Hours (1/4)
Finished it for the 2nd time now..
This game is just epic.​

Game 17: Make it indie! - 0.9 Hours (1/4)
Easy 100%.
Total crap.​

Game 18: Reversion - The Meeting - 0.9 Hours (14/4)
Easy 100%.
And a pretty nice game tbh.​

Game 19: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - 54 Hours (2/5)
Epic.
I'm now ready for Witcher 3!​

Game 20: The Shopkeeper - 0.7 Hours (6/5)
An easy 100% game.​

Game 21: One Manga Day - 0.6 Hours (6/5)
An easy 100% game.​

Game 22: 404Sight - 0.7 Hours (6/5)
An easy 100% game.​

Game 23: METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE - 13 Hours (6/5)
Pretty fun game, so over the top on everything, but very enjoyable.
might keep playing it for the achievements.​

Game 24: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 168 Hours (7/6)

Game 25: Gunpoint - 7 Hours (2/7)
Loved it, very good puzzle game, I also liked the whole story and atmosphere.​

Game 26: Lifeless Planet - 5 Hours (9/7)
Nice story and very atmospheric game, I enjoyed it.​

Game 27: Deadpool - 8 Hours (21/7)
This game is hilarious!
I enjoyed it very much, gameplay is a fun and quick, but the plot and the whole dialogues are just worth it.​

Game 28: Sleeping Dogs - 30 Hours (27/7)
An Excellent Game!!!
Can't wait a 2nd Sleeping Dogs!​

Game 29: XCOM: Enemy Unknown + Enemy Within - 39 Hours (1/8)
Finally found some time to play it from the start to the end!
Such a sweet game... can't wait to see what they'll do in the upcoming one​

Game 30: Reach For The Sun - 89 Minutes (17/8)
Fun little game​

Game 31: Binary Domain - 10 Hours (21/8)
Yep, it's good, and surprisingly funny.​

Game 32: Contrast - 5 Hours (21/8)
Very nice little gem, Amazing art and a really sweet story.​

Game 33: Door Kickers - 16 Hours
One of the best Tatical indies I've played.​

Game 34: Grim Fandango Remasterd - 7 Hours (2/10)
Amazing classic.​

Game 35: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeros - 6 Hours (10/9)
A 30m game...​

Game 36: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - 97 Hours (31/9)
Great gameplay but the story... incomplete and idiotic, still enjoyed it, but very disappointing :(

Game 37: Alan Wake - 18 Hours (23/8)
A great intense adventure, got my hyped for their next game, I do hope it'll hit PC​

Game 38: Warframe - 137 Hours
One of the best F2P games I've played, feels very fair,
Fun gameplay, I might even continue playing it, but for now, I feel like I'm full of it​

Game 39: Life Is Strange - 17 Hours (20/10)
Play it...​

Game 40: Tales From The Borderlands - 12 Hours (21/10)
What a ride... Buy it, Play it...​

Game 41: Loot Hero DX - 5.7 Hours (9/10)
Fun and casual little game​

Game 42: That Old Time Religion - 15 Minutes (17/10)
Cute visual novel, easy to 100% :)

Game 43: CAFE 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~ - 28 Minutes (17/10)
Japanese visual novel, easy to 100% :)

Game 44: East Tower - Takashi - 18 Minutes (17/10)

Game 45: Narcissu 1st & 2nd - 11 Minutes (17/10)

Game 46: Dev Guy - 51 Minutes (17/10)
Pretty easy to 100%​

Game 47: East Tower - Akio - 17 Minutes (18/10)

Game 48: Only If - 2 Hours (21/10)
Weird free game, kinda easy to 100%​

Game 49: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - 9 Hours (6/11)
Amazing game, awesome story, great characters, sweet gameplay just like the the Base game,
Totally worth the price!​

Game 50: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone - 25 Hours (22/11)
They said it's 10 hours, took me more than 20 hours...
One word for it, Wow...
Just another amazing adventure from CDPR, an amazing and original story, told so well and just amazing...
I love them...​

Game 51: Port of Call - 0.4 Hours (8/12)
A nice little short indie game​

Game 52: Battlefield 4 (Campagin) - No idea (12/12)
I finally finished it! \o/
It's a nice little campaign tbh, feels like it's a showcase of their sweet engine,
I enjoyed it.​

Game 53: Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) - 3 Hours (14/12)
A charming little game, showing the life of the Iñupiat culture.​

Chastten

Banned
Claiming a spot. I've been averaging 15-20 games a year (I finish pretty much everything I start) so it'll be difficult to even get close, but it's worth a shot. I have a lot of shorter games waiting for me on Wii/WiiU as opposed to the 40-100 hour affairs I've been playing for the past decade or so, so that's something. Gonna try it! :)

*edit*UPDATE02*edit*

Game 01, Jan. 3

Rollercoaster Tycoon (PC), 62 hours

Started this in december after buying it in the Steam Sales, finished it today. Now having fun in Mega Park while picking out my next game.

Game 02, Jan. 5

Klonoa (Wii), 6 hours

Honestly, this felt like cheating as the game takes only 5-6 hours to complete, but hey, it puts me ahead of schedule. :) Quite liked it, happy to finally have a Wii U to finally play all the great platformers for Wii/Wii U.

Will now start on Bayonetta 2, so that'll take a little longer.

Claimed. I had every intention of doing this in 2014, and I even kept a detailed log of games I beat. Was just too lazy to post. A sampling of this past year:

-Mario 3D Land
-Fire Emblem: Awakening
-The Last of Us
-The Walking Dead
-God of War III
-Pokemon Y
-Beyond Good and Evil
-Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
-Dark Souls II
-DmC: Devil May Cry
-MGS: Ground Zeroes
-Infamous: Second Son
-Shadow of the Colossus
-Bravely Default
-XCOM: Enemy Unknown
-Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty
-Persona 4
-Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
-Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
-Trine 2
-Tomb Raider (2013)
-Demon's Souls
-Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
-Hotline Miami
-Sly 2
-Burnout Paradise
-Arkham Origins
-Sly 3
-Destiny
-Fez
-Xenoblade Chronicles
-Shadow of Mordor
-Smash Bros Wii U
-Super Mario 3D World

34... it's gonna take a big year to get to 52 -__-

Claiming a post.

This is my first time trying this, I don't expect to finish it but I want to have the motivation to finish more games.

Game 1: Pokémon Omega Ruby
1 month down and only finished one game...I need to step up my game. Omega Ruby was really enjoyable, much easier than the original game. Turning the EXP Share off makes the game a lot better, the Pokémon League was actually a challenge unlike Pokémon X.

Mhmmm 2077

I don't think I can do this. But I will try.

Game 1: Real Horror Stories Ultimate Edition - <1 hour
# Well, bought this for 0.19&#8364; IIRC and... yeah, it wasn't that great. A flash game with screams.

Game 2: Professor Layton and the Curious Village - about 15 hours
# At first I thought it was shitty, but I kept playing and man, this is really fun game. Some puzzles were too damn difficult though.

daveo42

Banned
Game 1: Broken Age: Act 1 - 3h 53min | Started: 1/1/15 - Completed: 1/2/15
First game of the year down! After just starting this, I was sad to realize I missed out on such a fun, interesting game when it first came out months ago. I was highly interested in what it offered well before launch and had backed it during its initial kickstarter run. Glad to finally have gotten around to it. Short, but really rewarding for the time spent.

Game 2: Jazzpunk - 3h | Started: 1/3/15 - Completed: 1/3/15
What a completely insane game that was. Internet jokes, references, and hilarious voice acting made this game a blast. Some stuff fell a bit flat for me, but overall it was one tripped out...trip...

Game 3: The Order 1886 - 9h | Started: 2/20/15 - Completed: 2/21/15
Not a bad game, but it still has a lot of flaws that hold it back. Visually and audibly stunning, but lackluster gun combat, cover system, and story. I'd love to see a sequel with all of these areas and ideas fully fleshed out and improved. I'm also not 100% on the game time, but it did feel like a decent-length, even if
the end comes way too abruptly.

Game 4: Persona Q - 93h 29m | Started: 2014 - Completed: 3/1/15
Took me some time to make it though the game for the first time, but I finally made it to the end. I wish Persona games had this level of dungeon crawling in it as opposed to randomly generated dungeons. This was a breath of fresh air for the series as the dungeons were fun, had some interesting puzzles and made me happy to be spending the majority of my game fighting monsters. I will say the last dungeon did wear a bit thin, but by then I was nearing the end. The story was okay, but the interactions between P3 and 4's casts were some of the best moments. I'd say it is a must-play for a fan of Persona and RPGs.

Game 5: Life is Strange - Chapter 1 - 3h 30m | Started: 3/3/15 - Completed: 3/4/15
Interesting little title from Square Enix that seems very much in the vein of Gone Home meets a Telltale Adventure with a swig of time travel. Decent atmosphere and some really great music selections. I'm interested in how the story will play out and if my choices will actually matter by the end of the whole thing or fall a bit flat like the ones in TWD games. I think the one thing I won't get over is some of the teenage dialog, which ended up sound a bit...forced. Still, I think this will be worth playing.

Game 6: Thomas Was Alone - 3h | Started: 3/7/15 - Completed: 3/7/15
Nice short puzzle game with enough to keep you interested while not overstaying its welcome. Most puzzles were easy and came down to timing jumps.

Game 7: Life is Strange - Chapter 2 - 3h 15m | Started: 3/25/15 - Completed: 3/26/15
Whew...man, right now this feels better than Telltale's TWD games in terms of story telling. Chapter 2 kind of ratcheted things up with all the character interaction and the direction of the story. Shit is going down...shit is definitely going down, and it seems like the game is doing a much better job of dealing with character choices over TWD games before it.

Game 8: Steven Universe - Attack the LIght - 6h | Started: 4/3/15 - Completed: 4/5/15
Fun RPG on mobile with a nice short story in the Steven Universe...universe. Decent combat system with a bit of choice for a mobile game. Did have a few harder fights early on as well. Very well made, though it did eat up tons of battery. I'd suggest playing it if you're a fan of the show. While it lacks a ton of it, there is a little voice acting from the official cast and cute scenes with them in it.

Game 9: Kentucky Route Zero - Act I - 1h 30m | Started: 4/19/15 - Completed: 4/19/15
I got this on sale ages ago and am finally getting around to it. It's way more VN than even adventure game, but it seems so open ended in where you can go and see. Almost directionless at first until...well, this game is weird. The right kind of weird. Love the art style and the entire vibe it puts out.

Game 10: Kentucky Route Zero - Act II - 2h | Started: 4/19/15 - Completed: 4/21/15
Umm...man is this game out there. Like way way out there. I can't say more other than I do like it. It's just...I don't expect half the stuff going on and I'm not even sure what is real or fake anymore.

Game 11: Kentucky Route Zero - Act III - 3h 30m | Started: 4/21/15 - Completed: 4/22/15
Well, I wasn't really expecting any of that. This game continues to surprise with each additional act. I cannot wait to play the final one, whenever that comes out. That song in the middle too...this game is truly something special.

Game 12: Mirror's Edge - 7h | Started: 4/22/15 - Completed: 4/23/15
It's a bit old, but still looks really good on PC. Lots of indoor and outdoor scenery is still stylish and well presented in-game. Running around the rooftops were equally enjoyable once I got the hang of most maneuvers, though a few I didn't quite get the hand of till much later. Sad that the PC version didn't allow for full customization of controls. Using the bumpers a ton on my 360 controller sucked. The main thing that was disappointing was the combat, which felt it lacked the same grace and speed that movement allowed. The control scheme didn't help all that much either, making a few of the later areas a bit harder to complete. I hope that the sequel to this game lives up to the visual style of this one and they drastically improve the control scheme to make the entire game more enjoyable.

Game 13: Broken Age: Act 2 - 6h 30min | Started: 4/28/15 - Completed: 4/29/15
Good story and more great dialogue with the 2nd half of this Double Fine Adventure with some harder puzzles this time. The puzzles did add a bit to this act, but most made sense after completing them. Also used swapping characters way more to solve some of the puzzles. Near perfect if you're into older adventure games, even if a few of the puzzle solutions were a bit farther out there than others. Well worth it for the story, music, world, and dialogue.

Game 14: Half-Life 2: Update - 11h | Started: 5/3/15 - Completed: 5/13/15
Replay of a classic fps with a few new graphical enhancements. Still cannot believe this game came out almost 11 years ago. Boy does time ever fly.

Game 15: Life is Strange - Chapter 3 - 3h 15min | Started: 5/20/15 - Completed: 5/20/15
This game continues to surprise me with its narrative. The time stuff and how it's been implemented into the story and puzzles has actually be pretty good so far, with a few genuine shocking moments. Especially with this episode and how things left off. The wait for episode 4 is real.

Game 16: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - 9h 30min | Started: 5/21/15 - Completed: 5/25/15
Much longer than I expected, The Old Blood was a fun return for B.J. and all his Nazi friends. Stealth felt really good this time around and seemed to be the go-to option most of the time, though pulling out twin shotguns and mowing down some Nazis worked well and transitions between the two were great. Way more occult driven this time with its premise, at least in the 2nd half, I was fine with what it offered as far as plot. I will say it was a bit lighter on this side, but works as a prequel to The New Order.

Game 17: Proteus - 1h | Started: 5/25/15 - Completed: 5/25/15
Really nice, short game with some very interesting bits to see and do. Very chill game. Might go back to it from time to time if I just need a break and want to relax with a game.

Game 18: Hotline Miami - 12h | Started: 5/25/15 - Completed: 5/28/15
First off, this game is no walk in the park. I died and died and died some more, but I sunk way more hours into it than I thought I would and lost track of time a bit too easily over the past few days. Pumping soundtrack, interesting levels, really weird plot, and a few zen moments bring this all together. I was cursing and loving the game by the end of the game (both times). Well worth the time sunk into it just for the challenge and experience. Also, this game definitely rewards skill and severely punishes mistakes made, but it's always your fault and restarts are quick and you almost forget about how often you end up doing it.

I'd like to actually finish some games I started.
I don't think I'll reach 52 but this is a good excuse to actually clear out the backlog.

Games Beaten: 0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
In Progress

Vita:
Currently Playing:

Gravity Rush (?? hours)
Tearaway (2 hours)
Murama Rebirth (2 Hours) Started the guys route.
Persona 4 Golden (8 hours) I got pretty far in P4 for PS3 but never saw the ending.
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f (?? hours) (I literally have played all the songs on Normal
Suikoden 1 (3 hours)

3DS:
Currently Playing:

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (?? hours)
Shin Megami Tensei IV (?? hours)Pretty far in
Fire Emblem: Awakening (?? hours) Pretty far in
Liberation Maiden (?? hours) Beat 3 missions
Pokemon Y (?? hours) At Victory Road iirc.

PC:
Currently Playing:

Dragon Age: Origins (?? hours) I helped the Elves and Wolves
The Witcher 2 (?? hours) I wanna finish this before 3.
Watch Dogs (?? hours) Played a bit of it but never bothers to finish it as it came with my GPU.

PS3:
Currently Playing:

The Last of Us (?? hours) I played the multiplayer :|
The Wolf Among Us (?? hours) Beat episode 1

PS4:
Currently Playing:

Transistor (1 hour)
DriveClub: (?? hours)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to try to clear them out in phases and focus on 3 to start chugging away.

Gravity Rush
Fire Emblem: Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom