• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Demo Impressions & Multiplayer Thread

Initiating GM hunt.
13-4733-1261-3238
We'll wait until it's full or 10 minutes. Don't let me down, GAF.

Welp, it finally failed. :(

My Nintendo Store order screwed up today, so I had to redo it by phone.

As an apology, Nintendo gave me free expedited shipping. I can't wait to be able to play MH4U with a circle pad pro!

iZaTGxQitgsZv.png

I'm pretty hyped.

Xane

Saw a vid that said you could go from Charging phials straight into the Axe (A) combos, how do you do that?

When idle, press X, X+A, X+A and hold R. Basically, you do an attack, the shield bash with the shell and then the transformation into the axe, this is where you hold R to charge your phials into your axe/shield.

Man, Gaijin Hunter is amazing. That bow tutorial actually turned me around on my ~fuck ranged shit~ stance. I finally get it. The bow in the demo sucks, but the bowguns are pretty cool. God damn, now I like EVERY weapon? Fuck me, I'm going to have a lot of monster parts to grind out.

Man, Gaijin Hunter is amazing. That bow tutorial actually turned me around on my ~fuck ranged shit~ stance. I finally get it. The bow in the demo sucks, but the bowguns are pretty cool. God damn, now I like EVERY weapon? Fuck me, I'm going to have a lot of monster parts to grind out.

I had never used lance before, but I watched his video on it earlier today. I feel like I've fallen in love now that I know what it can do, so I'll definitely be watching his other tutorials.

My Nintendo Store order screwed up today, so I had to redo it by phone.

As an apology, Nintendo gave me free expedited shipping. I can't wait to be able to play MH4U with a circle pad pro!

iZaTGxQitgsZv.png

I'm pretty hyped.

Crap! Why didn't I think to check the nintendo store for the CPP. I got in on Amazon, importing from Japan, and it cost a little more. Although it's part of an order with a couple other things for free shipping so thats something.

Chuckpebble

Is there chat in the demo multiplayer?
Ever since this game was announced I've been dying to know if you can say "after" in chat. I don't think I can wait until the 13th to know about this very important issue.

NewGame

Banned
Is there chat in the demo multiplayer?
Ever since this game was announced I've been dying to know if you can say "after" in chat. I don't think I can wait until the 13th to know about this very important issue.

Player 2: Can we hunt Barioth?
Player 1: ***** Lagiacrus
Player 1: I mean *****
Player 1: **** it!

Crap! Why didn't I think to check the nintendo store for the CPP. I got in on Amazon, importing from Japan, and it cost a little more. Although it's part of an order with a couple other things for free shipping so thats something.

My only issue with the nitnendo store is that it costs $7 or $17 for shipping, it's pretty expensive compared to Amazon.

game trolling and taunting me, i carve the gore magala, and carve out two plates. i have a feeling in the full game im going to be thirsting for those.

We also need a real framerate breakdown. The XL I'm using has it around 35 in regular hunts solo, gets around 50 in solo cutscenes, and dips to around 25 in 4 player online. Whats it like on the n3ds?

Can detectiveGAF or JapanGAF get any confirmation on this stuff?

You would think this would have been well known by the time New 3DS hit Japan

jorgejjvr

So what were your overall impressions on Gore Malaga? Frankly I found him to be either predictable or easy to evade. He also didn't do much damage. His Frenzy Virus ailment didn't really hurt me, oftentimes I simply got the boost from it. However, I'll admit that once he enters Frenzy Mode, it gets quite challenging. Most of his attacks remove half of my health and he is significantly faster, but all I needed was to play a little defensively and it was over in a little while (if I focused on a body part). What did you guys think?

wiibomb

So apparently I was wrong about new 3ds features in the game it does slightly improve textures, frame rate and load times

rGah91pl.jpg

I'm quite impressed to be honest, didn't know it made such an improvement, I know it's not as big, but it's certainly noticeable

co1onel

So what were your overall impressions on Gore Malaga? Frankly I found him to be either predictable or easy to evade. He also didn't do much damage. His Frenzy Virus ailment didn't really hurt me, oftentimes I simply got the boost from it. However, I'll admit that once he enters Frenzy Mode, it gets quite challenging. Most of his attacks remove half of my health and he is significantly faster, but all I needed was to play a little defensively and it was over in a little while (if I focused on a body part). What did you guys think?

He's only threatening in rage mode, mostly because of his breath explosion attack, but all it takes is a mount and a few attacks to the head while he's down to make him normal again.

press A. then X if you want to attack midair
Was curious about this as well thanks

Yeah he's overall pretty easy. I didn't really have problems with him and I just used the ailment he had to turn around and buff me. His 2nd rage mode is more annoying because he runs around too much but not really difficult.

Testsucabra and Jaggi are wayyyyy to easy. Maybe I've been playing MH for too long

Story spoiler
apparently his adult form late game counterpart is much harder

jorgejjvr

He's only threatening in rage mode, mostly because of his breath explosion attack, but all it takes is a mount and a few attacks to the head while he's down to make him normal again.

It was quite odd, though. The damage was considerably higher in Rage mode. I know they probably tweaked the armors and damage for the demo but it was a surprise either way.

Kinsei

Banned

Like you said he's fairly easy, but I'm not sure if that's just due to the armor they give you in the demo, or if he really does such low damage out of his frenzy mode.

Testsucabra and Jaggi are wayyyyy to easy. Maybe I've been playing MH for too long

Story spoiler
apparently his adult form late name counterpart is much harder

At least there's G Rank!

jorgejjvr

I'm excited to see what changes they've done to the deviljho
I heard his savage variant has a new pin attack.
I'm also excited for the brachydios variant whom I'm naming Savage Brachydios

Top Bottom