• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii in 2009 - The official Thread! (wii's best year?)

BDGAME

01/02 - New game: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings; First video of Phantom Brave, Game up: Boom Blox bash party
02/02 - New videos: Lit, Bit.Trip Beat, MadWorld, Final Fantasy CC:CB
04/02 - New game: Dead Space, First video of N.P.C Metroid Prime 1 and Eduardo the Samurai Toaster (wiiware)
05/02 - Ubi soft release dates for europe, first image and video of TMNT and a new wiiware game: Onslaught
06/02 - New video of Battle Rage and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. A new game: Adventure Island (wiiware)

NEM VIDEOS

]

NEM WIIWARE VIDEOS

NEW GAMES - GAME UP

boom-blox2657.jpg

deadspace310.jpg

NEW WIIWARE GAMES

onslaught771.jpg

adventureisland784.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
deadspace310.jpg

Hell yes.

Also LIT comes out this Monday I believe.

ffcccb835.jpg

The description here is a little garbled...

BDGAME

Andrex said:
deadspace310.jpg

Hell yes.

Also LIT comes out this Monday I believe.

ffcccb835.jpg

The description here is a little garbled...

How can I fix this description? My Engrish is not good enough to do it, sorry. :(

Seems like a tasty year.

There's about 40 titles on that page I've got interest in, and about 20 that I really want... which there's no way I can afford.

I will have to make cuts, and forget that I have a credit card.

AppleBlade

It looks like the Wii's sales are finally starting to pay off. Hell, I think the Wii's 2009 lineup is better then the 360's and only slightly behind the PS3 (according to my preferences).

GDGF

Soothsayer
bmf said:
Is it just me or is this what Gunstar Heroes would be if it were produced by Williams Street? It looks intriguing.

:lol Yeah it looks like the character designer watched a lot of Squidbillies. Awesome thread and awesome year for the Wii.

SLYspyda

Banned
I read reviews for Pikmin and Pikmin 2. People say Pikmin 2 is better, and I decided im going to rent it.

But now that NPC Pikmin is coming out, should I just wait for that? Whats the release date for that game anyway?

El-Suave

Rumors of Ubisoft releasing a Wii-exclusive "Anno" strategy/economy/citybuilding game on Wii after the Australian ratings board has listed it apparently are true. The German USK classification board also lists the new "Anno" game for Wii.

Anno - Create a new world / Anno - Erschaffe eine neue Welt

http://nintendowiix.net/news_details.php?id=6968&titel=umsetzung-von-anno-f%C3%BCr-wii-fast-sicher

I wonder why Ubisoft is publishing the game after the awesome DS version has been published by Disney.

wsippel

Banned
El-Suave said:
Rumors of Ubisoft releasing a Wii-exclusive "Anno" strategy/economy/citybuilding game on Wii after the Australian ratings board has listed it apparently are true. The German USK classification board also lists the new "Anno" game for Wii.
The rumors are true. There was a press event in Germany a few days ago. Everything's still under NDA, though. Ubisoft is publishing as far as I know, and it's developed by an undisclosed German studio. Probably Keen.

wsippel said:
The rumors are true. There was a press event in Germany a few days ago. Everything's still under NDA, though. Ubisoft is publishing as far as I know, and it's developed by an undisclosed German studio. Probably Keen.
Wait, what? Where did you get this information from? Keen? They made the DS game, right?

wsippel

Banned
Caesar III said:
Wait, what? Where did you get this information from? Keen? They made the DS game, right?
Yes, Keen, formerly Neon Studios (Tunnel B1, Legend of Kay), did Anno 1701 for DS. Keen is a licensed developer for all current platforms, but focused on DS and Wii development - they also did the Wii port of Tunguska for example.There was an interview some time ago, in which Keen hinted that they might have an Anno title for Wii in the works, so I guess this might be it.

wsippel said:
interview some time ago, in which Keen hinted that they might have an Anno title for Wii in the works, so I guess this might be it.
you mean this one?
If the Wii game will be anything like the DS game then this is great great news.

GC|Simon

The Dead Space image should be updated with one of the (amazing) screenshots and fall 2009 release. Of course we need an Anno image =)

Tried it on myself:

dead_space370.jpg

What's the official font? It would be cool if you could provide some "clear" buttons or a whole template. So we could help you a little bit.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
jaundicejuice said:
Couldn't find a publisher I take it?

Nah, they just wanted to focus on DS development.

Dascu said:
WHAT

YOURE LYING

http://www.renegadekid.com/news.htm

Cancelled.jpg

Renegade Kid said:
PAST...
Some of you may have heard about a secret "Dracula" game that we signed with Gamecock in 2008. It brings us no pleasure to announce that it is no longer in development. The official title of the game is Son of the Dragon. The intellectual property is still owned by Renegade Kid. Should an opportunity to resurrect Son of the Dragon present itself in the future, you will be the first to know.

PRESENT...
Renegade Kid's Moon for the Nintendo DS was released on January 13th 2008, and met with great reviews, awards, and positive player feedback. This warms our hearts - thanks everyone. Go out and buy your copy of Moon today if you haven't already!

FUTURE...
The Renegade Kid team is hard at work on a new secret game, which will be announced in 2009. The entire team is extremely excited about our new title, and we look forward to sharing more information with you about it soon.

DataBot

Great Thread thx.

Im most hyped about Arc Rise Fantasia.

The TMNT game is crap for me I have no interest in playing a ficghting game with turtles...

Ubi should copy DOA with a new ip and dump this underwhelming TMNT game in the Garbage...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
2eyyul4.png

pakkit said:
IGN should just stop naming Dark Games. It's their sentence to die.

Son of the Dragon was never one of their Dark Games™, in fact it kinda came out of nowhere.

And also... they hardly ever name them. :lol Which is of course the source of their controversy.

cakeman19

Banned
Every time this thread gets bumped, I can feel the pain in my wallet. Next month is when it's going to start with Madworld for me. Can't wait for all the stuff coming out this year :)

Neomoto

Anno - Create a New World

yxhxx6.jpg

Publisher: Ubisoft
Developer: Blue Byte / Keen Games
Genre: RTS

From the thread on NeoGAF.

Wii's line-up is really shaping up. All these awesome announcements coming from nowhere! :) What I really like is the vast diversity of the line-up, games in pretty much all genre's.

Quasar

Certainly with Anno and Broken Sword the system is looking up for me. Too bad my current TV displays the Wii really poorly though.

Speaking of Anno, hopefully there will be some word on the plans for Wii Civ revolution.

Taxman

I recently got a job at a developer and they have a team making a Wii game coming out in 2009 that I think looks great. They test the game where I can watch it and it's very hard for me to get stuff done when that happens because I just want to watch them play it. Unfortunately it hasn't been announced yet so I can't give you any details right now but it should (hopefully) be announced soon.

Eteric Rice

Quasar said:
Certainly with Anno and Broken Sword the system is looking up for me. Too bad my current TV displays the Wii really poorly though.

Speaking of Anno, hopefully there will be some word on the plans for Wii Civ revolution.

You should buy a small SDTV. You can still get them at Wal-Mart, and the Wii looks really nice on them.

Wii looks pretty good on my HDTV though, so I'm okay. What kind of HDTV do you have?

Dascu

Taxman said:
I recently got a job at a developer and they have a team making a Wii game coming out in 2009 that I think looks great. They test the game where I can watch it and it's very hard for me to get stuff done when that happens because I just want to watch them play it. Unfortunately it hasn't been announced yet so I can't give you any details right now but it should (hopefully) be announced soon.
Can you tell us the name of the dev and/or publisher?

Top Bottom