• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ATLUS Announces DROPLITZ™ FOR Xbox LIVE® Arcade, PlayStation®Network , Windows PC, AN

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
IRVINE, CALIFORNIA -- APRIL 13, 2009 -- Atlus U.S.A., Inc. today announced that it has acquired the worldwide publishing rights for Droplitz, an addictive puzzler that's all about strategically twisting and connecting mismatched dials to save precious droplitz. Just making a single junction is child's play; can you master the art of the combo or will you let your pipes runneth over? Be warned: losing too many droplitz can be hazardous to your ability to win and be awesome. With four different play modes, a variety of board sizes, and infinite replayability, Droplitz promises to drain all your time away.

Droplitz™ drops in late spring for Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®Network, Windows PC, and iPhone.

About Droplitz
In a world where spouts at the top of a screen leak drops of liquid, one player will have to spin a series of round dials studded with different types of path formations in order to link those top droppers to the collectors at the bottom of the screen. Four unique play modes. Unlimited replayability. When drops start dripping, dials must spin. Coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360, PlayStation Network, Windows PC, and iPhone near you. No droplitz were harmed in the making of this game.

Key Features*

* Infinitely accessible, instantly addictive -- Turn dials, open paths, and don't let the droplitz go to waste! Casual and hardcore gamers alike will be mesmerized as they rotate and connect puzzle pieces to let the droplitz flow and earn high scores!
* Four unique game modes -- Distinct layers of complexity keep the challenge fresh with Classic, Zendurance, Power Up, and Infection modes! Learn how to deal with sluggish, infected dials; strategically use bombs to clear sections of the game board; speed up the action or just aim for the highest score in a limited amount of time.
* Endless replayability -- The timeless satisfaction of making combos, clearing boards, and earning top scores will keep you coming back for more. Ever increasing speeds and larger boards ensure that there will always be a challenge ahead!
* Compete for high scores -- Online leaderboards and 12 trophies/achievements mean that when you're the best, everyone will know it. Score-based gameplay makes every game a competition to get to the top of the charts!

Mamesj

Banned
Day 1 'cause it's probably gonna get rare knowing atlus. though i dunno, no cloth map pre-order bonus...

bryehn

Mamesj said:
Day 1 'cause it's probably gonna get rare knowing atlus. though i dunno, no cloth map pre-order bonus...

:lol

Whoa, Atlus breaks into the iPhone/iPod Touch market. Sweet.

Meh

Another stupid puzzle game to litter XBLA & PSN. I've bought zero XBLA/PSN games so far this year. Outrun will be my first and it looks like the drought will continue.

Does Jack Frost at least make a cameo or something?

Sure I guess I can't go around expecting Shin Megami Tensei on XBLA/PSN but a puzzle game? Ick.

How about ESP Ra De instead?

I can just picture LaFontaine rattling out that big of PR :lol

Atlus is really on a roll lately, can't wait to see how this turns out.

Speevy

Banned
Phoenix Fang said:
Meh

Another stupid puzzle game to litter XBLA & PSN. I've bought zero XBLA/PSN games so far this year. Outrun will be my first and it looks like the drought will continue.

Flower came out this year. A did Astro Tripper, Comet Crash, and Ragdoll Kung Fu

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm surprised this isn't coming to WiiWare too, as it appears to be hitting every other platform in existence.

Speevy

Banned
Phoenix Fang said:
None of those interested me at all even after trying them out.

Oh okay. You've bought zero PSN games this year, and none of those games interested you after trying them out.

That's intriguing.

:lol

morningbus said:
I'm surprised this isn't coming to WiiWare too, as it appears to be hitting every other platform in existence.

Seems like they hate the Wii for some reason.

And there's a treasure trove of Wii games they can localize. Do they do any, NO!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Hero of Legend said:
Seems like they hate the Wii for some reason.

And there's a treasure trove of Wii games they can localize. Do they do any, NO!
They've already localized 4 Wii games....

grandjedi6 said:
They've already localized 4 Wii games....

And like dozens of DS games, almost as many PSP games, they haven't made an original Wii game since New Blood, they're now making a DD game for all platforms including iPhone but not WiiWare, they're not touching any of the biggest import Wii games like Shiren 3, Fragile, or even Kizuna.

4 Wii games that two of them are by Sting, ain't what I call good support.

Sega is probably sitting on Shiren 3 and Namco/Bandai is definitely sitting on Fragile. Besides that it looks like Atlus is very busy with all those DS/PSP localizations.

Anyway does the world really need another puzzle game? Hell Atlus is only publishing this one so it's not like you can get on their case for not making a wiiware version.

Don't be hatin' on Sting either, dammit. I'll cut you.

Volcynika

1-Why didn't you just put PSN,XBLA,etc in the thread title? Might've fit!
2-WHOOSH jokes over Shard's head.

Here's the scoop from good ole Aram on the Atlus Faithful newsletter:

Atlus drops it like it's hot with Droplitz for XBLA, PSN, PC, and iPhone

Tubular.

First off, Droplitz is not an RPG, Faithful--

--Hey, where's everyone going?

Droplitz is a fun, addictive puzzler that rewards the quick thinker... Ok, seriously, where is everyone going, give it a chance!

So, droppers at the top of the screen drip incessantly, slowly at first, then increasing in rate as you continue to play. At the bottom of the screen are collectors intended to catch the dropping droplitz before they meet their gravity-induced demise.

droplitz_faithfulscreen_1a.jpg

The circular droppers at the top (outlined in white) steadily drip droplitz down for you to route. Work fast to spin dials into connections, and then be ready for the link to clear and new dials to drop down.

In between the droppers and collectors is a play field of circular dials, each studded with a variety of pipe configurations. Some are "Y" dials, others are "I" dials, and so forth. Spinning with haste, you must make connections between the top and bottom of the screen, so that the droplitz, everyone's favorite free-flowing liquid, don't come to a splattery end.

droplitz_faithfulscreen_1b.jpg

There are similarly outlined circular dials at the bottom, which serve as the collectors into which you'll seek to connect your pipes. Being able to branch down and connect to as many collectors as possible is key!

That's the simple explanation. It doesn't even touch on the fact that you can create multiple branches to the bottom (c-c-combo breaker!), or try one of four different play modes (one lets you blow things up).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt1K1LeDBKA
Click to play (the trailer, not the game)

Available on Xbox LIVE® Arcade, PlayStation®Network, Windows PC, AND iPhone, Droplitz is a game that anyone can play and enjoy. Tell a friend, Faithful. For the love of everything good, tell a friend!

Look for Droplitz to drop soon!

Since someone mentioned Sting, I noticed Knights in the Nightmare boxes in the back of the GameStop I went to yesterday (display upcoming games). It made me happy!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Hero of Legend said:
And like dozens of DS games, almost as many PSP games, they haven't made an original Wii game since New Blood, they're now making a DD game for all platforms including iPhone but not WiiWare, they're not touching any of the biggest import Wii games like Shiren 3, Fragile, or even Kizuna.

and 0 PS3 games and 3 360 games (none of which are developed by Atlus JPN)....

This isn't a question of Atlus "hating" the Wii or Atlus not giving the Wii good support (they're required to give good support now?), but instead about reality. Atlus primarily localizes niche or budget games... which tend to be on the less powerful systems (and more popular systems). Hence why Atlus localizes a bunch of PSP, PS2 and DS games and very little 360/PS3 games. The Wii is merely inbetween the two categories.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Sega is probably sitting on Shiren 3 and Namco/Bandai is definitely sitting on Fragile. Besides that it looks like Atlus is very busy with all those DS/PSP localizations.

Anyway does the world really need another puzzle game? Hell Atlus is only publishing this one so it's not like you can get on their case for not making a wiiware version.

Don't be hatin' on Sting either, dammit. I'll cut you.

Quite the opposite!

And the rumor of them making Evolution 3 for Wii-exclusively is awesome! :D

grandjedi6 said:
and 0 PS3 games and 3 360 games (none of which are developed by Atlus JPN)....

This isn't a question of Atlus "hating" the Wii or Atlus not giving the Wii good support (they're required to give good support now?), but instead about reality. Atlus primarily localizes niche or budget games... which tend to be on the less powerful systems (and more popular systems). Hence why Atlus localizes a bunch of PSP, PS2 and DS games and very little 360/PS3 games. The Wii is merely inbetween the two categories.

Hmm, you do raise a good point. :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hero of Legend said:

Yeah, you're REALLY not being fair here. I understand that you only have one current-gen console, but this is really silly.

Since New Blood, Atlus has made exactly 2 console games, both on PS2. They have announced 0 support for the PS3 or 360. What are they supposed to be doing? Announcing a dozen games for Wii? Atlus, internally, is quite a small company and they don't develop much at all. Moreover, in their home country their two Wii games sold less than 30k each. Pointing at Atlus as if they hate the Wii is utterly silly.

Then you blame them for not localizing three games. One of those (Fragile) is a game that it is very likely no publisher is ALLOWED to touch. One of those is a title that isn't even out yet being made by a company that only half exists right now (Kizuna), so it's not clear anyone would be able to touch it. Shiren 3, again, there's no proof Atlus would be permitted to localize it by Sega, and in the mean time it'd almost certainly be a money loser--which is why Sega, a publisher with an otherwise great localization record, passed on it. You have no idea if they've tried to obtain the rights to any of those games. This is not Atlus saying "We're not interested", and blaming them is ridiculous.

Why is this game coming to everything other than WiiWare? It costs $99 to release a game on the iPhone. No developer hardware required, porting is simple, you don't need an ESRB rating. There's no reason not to release on the iPhone. XBLA and PSN are the target platforms, the others are gravy.

WiiWare has a 40 meg file limit, WiiWare has no capability for demos, this game was almost certainly in development before the storage solution was made obvious, the developer (not Atlus) has experience with the platforms--the list really goes on. All four of the platforms allow patches to update your game easily when WiiWare does not. All four of those platforms have either on-demand or periodic price updating capability when WiiWare does not.

4 games better than the PS3, and if you think their US 360 support constitutes "good" I've got a bridge to sell you.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Volcynika said:
I don't get it. :( I just noticed the thread title got cut off and it could've fit if all the trademark things and stuff were removed...

he's talking about the joke that mamesj made

Stumpokapow said:
Yeah, you're REALLY not being fair here. I understand that you only have one current-gen console, but this is really silly.

Since New Blood, Atlus has made exactly 2 console games, both on PS2. They have announced 0 support for the PS3 or 360. What are they supposed to be doing? Announcing a dozen games for Wii? Atlus, internally, is quite a small company and they don't develop much at all. Moreover, in their home country their two Wii games sold less than 30k each. Pointing at Atlus as if they hate the Wii is utterly silly.

Then you blame them for not localizing three games. One of those (Fragile) is a game that it is very likely no publisher is ALLOWED to touch. One of those is a title that isn't even out yet being made by a company that only half exists right now (Kizuna), so it's not clear anyone would be able to touch it. Shiren 3, again, there's no proof Atlus would be permitted to localize it by Sega, and in the mean time it'd almost certainly be a money loser--which is why Sega, a publisher with an otherwise great localization record, passed on it. You have no idea if they've tried to obtain the rights to any of those games. This is not Atlus saying "We're not interested", and blaming them is ridiculous.

Why is this game coming to everything other than WiiWare? It costs $99 to release a game on the iPhone. No developer hardware required, porting is simple, you don't need an ESRB rating. There's no reason not to release on the iPhone. XBLA and PSN are the target platforms, the others are gravy.

WiiWare has a 40 meg file limit, WiiWare has no capability for demos, this game was almost certainly in development before the storage solution was made obvious, the developer (not Atlus) has experience with the platforms--the list really goes on. All four of the platforms allow patches to update your game easily when WiiWare does not. All four of those platforms have either on-demand or periodic price updating capability when WiiWare does not.

4 games better than the PS3, and if you think their US 360 support constitutes "good" I've got a bridge to sell you.

Alright alright, I already understood thank you! :p

And I named those three as three examples, not the only ones I care about. ;)

We'll see how things go, I'm wrong for judging Atlus too quickly, hopefully they have some good plans for the Wii.

But thank you for that long explaination. :p

Volcynika

velvet_nitemare said:
Atlus are in Irvine? Time to leave campus and go hold up the head honcho in the parking lot for SMT4.

That'd do a whole lot of good considering Atlus USA isn't in charge of that. Might wanna go to Japan.

Volcynika

Tutorial video now available:

Droplitz tutorial video now available!

Flush your ignorance (about Droplitz) down the tubes.
Why, hello there, Faithful, glad you could stop by! Oh, I can see your eyes have settled on this lovely new Droplitz tutorial video I'm holding. Yes, that's right, we've got a wonderfully entertaining film, complete with soothing British narration, that will ease your tension and also teach you a thing or two about how to play this highly-addicting downloadable game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NazO7L89CKw
Click above to become learned. About Droplitz.

We know it's not an RPG, Faithful, but you really should give Droplitz a chance. Why? Well, aside from us pleading profusely with you to do so, few other games manage to be as addicting, easy-to-play, yet surprisingly deep as Droplitz. Moreover, the game's silky smooth visuals and relaxing music are the perfect complement to the meditative gameplay.

Droplitz is like life, Faithful: it's about making connections. Sure, these connections are supposed to carry "droplitz" from the top of your screen to the bottom, but it's really the same thing.

Available on Xbox LIVE® Arcade, PlayStation®Network, Windows PC, AND iPhone, Droplitz is a game that anyone can play and enjoy. Tell a friend, Faithful. For the love of everything good, tell a friend!

Look for Droplitz to drop in June!

NichM

Banned
velvet_nitemare said:
Maybe i can buy Nich a beer and talk it out of him while he's drunk.

Too bad for you I don't drink!

Get me a bag of black jellybeans and we'll talk.

Top Bottom