• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: April 20-26

Vinci

Danish
bcn-ron said:
I was lamenting this for a while but I really don't think Advent Children has much of an audience besides gamers. If you've never played a JRPG, what are the odds you'd care about the film? It's almost purely fan service.

I'm just saying that I find the two products completely uneven in terms of desirability and think putting them side-by-side - based on demo alone - is a bit wonky.

Rolf NB

donny2112 said:
True. True.
I was going to add the tidbit about Monster Hunter requiring the classic controller, but seeing as you already agree with me, I'll keep that card for another time.

donny2112

bcn-ron said:
I was going to add the tidbit about Monster Hunter requiring the classic controller, but seeing as you already agree with me, I'll keep that card for another time.

I think we're on different wavelengths here. I thought you were referring to the FFXIII propensity toward belts, zippers, and buttons on all the clothing. :lol The Wii has always relied on controller buttons. :p

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
LiquidMetal14 said:
Damage controlling?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yes. Very much so.

People have to stop reading so much into Iwata's comments, especially right at this moment.

Basically the make or break deal for Wii is gonna be WSR, and that's it. We haven't seen all of that game yet, so there's a chance the software could have some key secret hooks we haven't seen.

MH3 Wii is a console bound version, that changes MUCH. Really. And a lot of people who only look at the business side don't understand this. It's certainly gonna be huge for a console version, but it's no saving grace for Nintendo at all. Even if the WSR charge turns out successful MH3 by itself will probably not set the record on fire, so I highly doubt that's where we should be looking at.

birdchili

as far as hardware sales goes, monster hunter has a better chance to sell wiis than anything we've seen so far of wii sports resort. does m+ appeal to enough to non-wii-sports owners to drive hardware? it's a very different situation than wii fit methinks (which was a wholly original concept).

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Does anyone think the classical controller requirement of MH will play against Motion+? Especially if they (as I assume they will) do this pack-in deal again.

Then again going by past Wii games that come with accessories..

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Azelover said:
Yes. Very much so.

People have to stop reading so much into Iwata's comments, especially right at this moment.

Basically the make or break deal for Wii is gonna be WSR, and that's it. We haven't seen all of that game yet, so there's a chance the software could have some key secret hooks we haven't seen.

MH3 Wii is a console bound version, that changes MUCH. Really. And a lot of people who only look at the business side don't understand this. It's certainly gonna be huge for a console version, but it's no saving grace for Nintendo at all. Even if the WSR charge turns out successful MH3 by itself will probably not set the record on fire, so I highly doubt that's where we should be looking at.
I was only joking. Nintendo prints monies and that's that!

test_account

XP-39C²
BlazingDarkness said:
any first day numbers for Persona PSP leaked?
Not yet i think. The 1st day numbers usualy gets released at around 12.00pm - 15.00pm (european GMT +1 time) or something, which is about 9-12 hours from now.

markatisu

Monster Hunter 3 is playable with the Wiimote+Nunchuk, to my knowledge.

Yes MH3 supports both the CC and the standard wiimote/nunchuck controls. MHG only supports the classic controller.

justchris said:
Wow, so some people are actually paying to play online.

Does MHG even have local multiplayer?

No MHG has online play, MH3 will have online and local multiplayer

It seems to me everyone is very confused at the differences between MHG and MH3 :lol

test_account

XP-39C²
markatisu said:
No MHG has online play only, MH3 will have online and local multiplayer

It seems to me everyone is very confused at the differences between MHG and MH3 :lol
Does the MH3 demo have online play?

markatisu

test_account said:
Does the MH3 demo have online play?

Nope, it just has two short quests. If they are buying points its only to play MHG online at the moment.

Its almost ass backwards if you are trying to push the demo as the sole point of purchase

test_account

XP-39C²
markatisu said:
Nope, it just has two short quests. If they are buying points its only to play MHG online at the moment.
Ok, thanks for the info :)

markatisu said:
Its almost ass backwards if you are trying to push the demo as the sole point of purchase
Ye, that is true, but the MH3 demo seems to be have been one of the biggest draw for buying MHG for the Wii though, except for the MHG Classic Controller bundle :)

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
No they don't care about Infamous. PS3 sales should remain good, and I think Sony is releasing news colors after E3 anyway.

kswiston

Oldschool said:
Anyone else think Persona PSP is gonna bomb? Like 10k first week?

No. It's a remake of a game that sold 500k+ with reprints, the series has had two popular entries in the last couple of years, and PSP games have seen decent sales lately. At worse, I think it will hit 50k week 1.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
jeremy1456 said:
I'm expecting 250k personally.

You're expecting the first week sales to be higher than the LTD sales of every single Atlus game in the last ten years, except Persona 4 which it will merely essentially tie?

Durante

jeremy1456 said:
I'm expecting 250k personally.
You're expecting a port of an (antique) Atlus JRPG, in a series which had its most recent (and wildly successful) incarnation sell 212k first week on PS2, to sell 250k first week? It's great to see someone who is even more positive about PSP than Spiegel!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
pseudocaesar said:
Atelier Rorona's also hitting in June isnt it? Thats something on the horizon at least.

Yeah, should probably sell on par with RE 5. Expect another substantial bump.

Durante

pseudocaesar said:
Atelier Rorona's also hitting in June isnt it? Thats something on the horizon at least.
As much as I (and every decent human being) wish that it were otherwise, the most recent Atelier (or Atelier-like) titles on PS2 sold ~40k, while the most recent game in the franchise on DS did even worse. Conventional wisdom would dictate that Rorona would fall around 30k LTD on PS3, or worse. I'm hopeful that it can actually go up to 50, but it's still not anything that will have a real impact on hardware sales.

schuelma said:
Yeah, should probably sell on par with RE 5. Expect another substantial bump.

You expect Rorona to sell 400k+? I don't know about that, how did other Atelier games sell?

Oldschool said:
I think you guys are expecting too high.

A port doing better than SMT DS?

Good point, I'm lowering my 1st week to 50K and LTD to 130K.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Oldschool said:

It wouldn't surprise me, Devil Survivor didn't exactly have a positive unveiling and if impressions weren't as positive as they were I doubt it would've made it as far as it did. Persona is the most popular MegaTen series at the moment, I even wonder if it's become more popular than the main installments since Atlus Co. has been trying to establish it as a more independent IP. Growlanser on the other hand I don't expect much from unfortunately.

kswiston

Oldschool said:

Yes. Persona is Atlus's most popular series/sub-series. Also, it wouldn't be the first time a franchise game on PSP outsold a DS game from the same franchise. Being on DS doesn't always mean maximum possible sales. Depends on the title.

Oldschool

kswiston said:
Yes. Persona is Atlus's most popular series/sub-series. Also, it wouldn't be the first time a franchise game on PSP outsold a DS game from the same franchise. Being on DS doesn't always mean maximum possible sales. Depends on the title.

Yeah, I know. But I dont think a port that wasnt even reviewed by famitsu (and maybe other magazines too?) will gonna do numbers like smt ds.

androvsky

kswiston said:

Coming out during Golden Week doesn't hurt either. I still don't expect it to come anywhere near Persona 4 though.

Top Bottom