• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves new pics

spwolf

Cyberia said:
Where does it say it sold 2m+?

. After receiving solid reviews in 2007, the game sold 507,000-plus copies on Sony's console in the US, according to the NPD Group--an impressive feat, given that publishers tout multiplatform titles which sell 1 million units worldwide as smash hits.

Indeed, Uncharted's sales came in spite of the third-place installed base of the PS3, which took the bronze again in October US sales, according to the NPD Group. The game is also included in the recently launched 160GB PS3 bundle.

Drake better pack some winter clothing....

[UPDATE] Internationally, Uncharted sold 2 million units, according to figures supplied by Sony. No surprise, then, that it is getting the sequel treatment

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/...&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;2

J-Rzez

TTP said:
MAG is this year confirmed?

I think it'll be out sometime this year, hopefully before the juggernaut that will be MW2. They've been working on the game now for 3+ years as well iirc once again.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The Uncharted 2 has multiplayer thread is full of U2 hate... shocking.... isnt?

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Fersis said:
The Uncharted 2 has multiplayer thread is full of U2 hate... shocking.... isnt?

Stopped lurking then ;-).

And I don't see anyone hating on uncharted 2 there, just a majority of people hating on the idea of it having multi-player.

lowrider007 said:
Stopped lurking then ;-).

And I don't see anyone hating on uncharted 2 there, just a majority of people hating on the idea of it having multi-player.
A lot are worried about it effecting the quality of the single player.
Well I'm somewhat worried but I have trust in ND to make a great game.

John_B

It's not like having multiplayer is a bad thing, but we know how much stuff is cut from video games because of time constraints and lack of resources. I'm sure Naughty Dog wants to deliver something more than just a simple death match mode, so more than a bit of resources will be allocated to that component. In the end it means that the core aspect of the franchise is not getting 100% of the attention, and most likely that makes it a bit less than it could be.

It will still be fucking great though.

DEskofier said:
There are some more Screenshots on this site:

More Screenshots of Uncharted 2

395x224.jpg

Wow . . . Metal Gear Drake.

KZObsessed

I wish it had KZ2's "hit response" system. But it looks a lot better than the first game in that respect. That was one of the weak points of the gunplay in the first game for me. Looks gorgeous.

JoeFenix

Very very impressive! The shadows are so sharp, there is nothing distracting about the visuals, nothing to be annoyed by.

Everything about this game looks top notch. Gameplay looks fun, watching those mercs move about and deciding when and how to dispose of them should be fun.

slider

Ugh, didn't enjoy that at all. Why? Cos I need to roam all over that environment. Dammit, it's bootyful.

I take it there's still no word for Euros on the MP Beta? : (

Kaako

Felium Defensor
God I freaking love Drake as a character. Also the sp vid was impressive...new blood effects? Awesome animation as well. Cannot freaking wait for the beta and the retail release.

More!!!

Wow, that looks quite a big improvement on the first...graphically amazing and the animation is incredible...it looks better than the december build obviously as well...

The first scene could almost pass as cg...jesus

DunpealD

Looks good as ever :D

The only thing that strikes me as odd is the sliding animation when going for cover which I never saw in the first one. I really hope it's just a placeholder :/

mr_nothin

Banned
You know what....i've always had this gripe about Uncharted.

His voiceover while playing the game. It doesnt sound like it's coming from the environment at all. Sounds like he's talking directly into the speakers. :(

Anyways, this looks AWESOME. Love the DOF and motion blur effects on the bus.

bridegur

His voiceover while playing the game. It doesnt sound like it's coming from the environment at all. Sounds like he's talking directly into the speakers. :(

Very true. This doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to correct.

slider

mr_nothin said:
You know what....i've always had this gripe about Uncharted.

Anyways, this looks AWESOME. Love the DOF and motion blur effects on the bus.

The only thing I can think of is that you're playing as him, so it's like a voice from within your own head. I'm fine with it. I think. And that's all I got.

Dante

Isn't that the footage we saw already? anyways looks pretty amazing still :)

EDIT:

OH damn in HD it looks just Godly :O

Ploid 3.0

slider said:
The only thing I can think of is that you're playing as him, so it's like a voice from within your own head. I'm fine with it. I think. And that's all I got.

Yea I always thought of it as him thinking to himself hah.

Dante said:
Isn't that the footage we saw already? anyways looks pretty amzing still :)

It's just direct feed, and it cuts off before he starts climbing. Hopefully this isn't the video that GTTV is going to show tonight.

Cesar

Banned
It seems to be the same footage that leaked from GDC. And that was a december build. I don't really know if it is exactly the same footage (the december build) or new footage but played in the exact same spot in the level though. Drake's animations seems unfinished (the animations going in and out of cover don't blend really well) and still no 3D water.

Binabik15

The cqc looks even better than in the last game. And I loved to beat them up :D

But the blood is a bit much for me. Hopefully they don´t think the games needs to be more "mature", I liked it´s cartoony-ness-es-whatever you call it. People not dropping from your shots is less distracting if they don´t bleed like slaughtered pigs. And for christ´s sake, he punched him in the nose, not cut him up with a chainsaw :lol

The rest is still fine.

Game of the year :D

zeloe326

Cesar said:
It seems to be the same footage that leaked from GDC. And that was a december build. I don't really know if it is exactly the same footage (the december build) or new footage but played in the exact same spot in the level though. Drake's animations seems unfinished (the animations going in and out of cover don't blend really well) and still no 3D water.

WTF? Are we watching the same video? No seriously?

Top Bottom