• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PEGI (&USK) rates Suikoden III for PS2 Classics for EU

Meneses

Great news, considering III never came out here in Europe. Good game, though it's not my favorite.

Hopefully the rest of the games will follow soon, i've been wanting to play V again.

Lucreto

Day One, no questions asked. I will stop playing any game I am currently playing just for this, even the Witcher.

I nearly hyperventilated on reading the thread title.

My first Suikoden and one of my all-time favorite games.

Will purchase ASAP assuming it gets released on US PSN the same time as EU.

Coxy

weird because it was never released in the eu before

sorta disappointed that this probably means we wont het a HD remaster :( but it's better than nothing

Suikoden III is my favorite video game ever. I love everything about the game.

If Sony really goes through with HD rendering for PS1 and PS2 games on PS4, then I will be in heaven.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I... did not expect this

<3

Gifbib1194.gif

androvsky

I think that if we don't hear something about ps1/ps2 games this year then its pretty much not happening.
Sony needs to do something eventually, they're not going to just leave those libraries on obsolete platforms. It took many years to get PS2 Classics after Sony removed the all PS2 hardware from the PS3; I'm sure it was because the emulator was difficult to make but it's clear Sony is in it for the long haul.

We may not like what they do, but I feel like if they were just going dump these games on PS Now they would have done that already, especially for PS1 games since the PS2 emulator has issues on the PS3.

I'm in ecstasy.

Day One, no questions asked. I will stop playing any game I am currently playing just for this, even the Witcher.

I nearly hyperventilated on reading the thread title.

My first Suikoden and one of my all-time favorite games.

Will purchase ASAP assuming it gets released on US PSN the same time as EU.

Suikoden III is my favorite video game ever. I love everything about the game.

If Sony really goes through with HD rendering for PS1 and PS2 games on PS4, then I will be in heaven.

So many kindred spirits in this thread. *salutes and sheds manly tears

KAL2006

Banned
Come on Sony, they need to bring PS Classics to PS4. I remember the rumour of HD PS2 emulation for PS4 from Eurogamer a while back.

jonno394

I always wanted this game but the lack of a UK release stopped that. I remember seeing the image of the big duck type character and needing the game.

Now its finally gonna be released and I don't have a ps3 to play it on! This could prove expensive.

The fact that they're still working on bringing ps1/2 classics to dying platforms gives me hope that they have plans to bring them to ps4 one day.

I was a believer around launch. This keeps the belief alive.

Plus, it's not like other planned firmware features didn't take forever and a day to finally get implemented. *looks at suspend/resume*

Is Ps4 ever gonna get PS2 classics?

Also... I still have the original disc

I tried playing it on PCSX2 but it ran like crap.

Wondering if should upgrade my gfx card and overload on ps2 classics until my heart is content

Upgrading your processor will most likely result in a far larger performance gain than GPU.

Do it! :D

Cool I haven't played S3 in a long time... It would get to join my Suikoden I & II, FF Tactics, and Tactics Ogre on my PS TV (AKA my Classics Box).

well huh .... there goes that haha I just assumed it did because it plays PS1 games and also PS3/PSP games (I got Dragon's Crown on it too) so I just assumed PS2 Classics would work, too. guess I do need to keep my PS3 around :O

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
well huh .... there goes that haha I just assumed it did because it plays PS1 games and also PS3/PSP games (I got Dragon's Crown on it too) so I just assumed PS2 Classics would work, too. guess I do need to keep my PS3 around :O

PS Tv is just a Vita without a screen. Use that as a guide and remember that some Vita games are also not compatible. It doesn't play PS3 games.Doesn't help that Sony rebranded the name. It's called Playstation Vita Tv in Japan and Asia.

Out of all suikoden, I want suikoden 4 the most, that's the only one I didn't bother to get 108 star ending.

It's a damn slog in this game.

At least in 2 and 5 it alters the ending for wonderful characters you've probably grown to really care for, and in 3 it
lets you play as Luc's party, which kicks ass

But I couldn't even remember what you get in 4 until I just looked it up, despite having done it.

I feel like i am in gaming heaven these days...

Between all the apocalyptic things happening like the focus on mobile games etc. it's stuff like this that really makes me optimistic for once.

Suiko 3 was the only one i never played and now it's finally coming :))))

Druz

Hated 3 when it came out (Battle system, you are trying to kill a good guy, no clear true rune holder yes I know the canon, no importable characters from previous games). Years later, I'd like to finally replay it.

KAL2006

Banned
I don't know how well its aged but at the time it was one of my favourite JRPG for PS2. It's even better if you read up on the lore of Suikoden games.

Zafir

Surprising. :O

I went to the trouble of importing the game way back when since it never came to Europe.

ultra7k

Sukio III has by far one of the most memorable moments in the series with Geddoe.

Also, there was a manga adaptation years ago that was put out by TokyoPop.

Geddoe and the patrol units were almost exclusively my main party members.

12th Southern Frontier Defense Unit.

Duke's, too, whatever his number was. 11th or 14th, I think.

kuroshiki

I stopped Suikoden after 3. 3 was goddamn snoozefest, nowhere near the former glory of 1 and 2.

Suikoden tiekreisis was not exactly suikoden caliber, but still a decent game. I really want to see Suikoden 6 though...

Top Bottom