• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Official Spoiler Thread - HLAKBR

Twitch comments are really insipid. Any way to turn it off?

testqluhx.png

stabiliser

Neo Member
Anyone saw the conan clueless gamer review of the witcher 3? they're playing on xbox one and the quality is a bit better than the streams ... and it's funny ( contains spoilers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfjLRuE1CLw

No it is not Xbox it is PC. Confirmed on Twitter by Witcher Devs.

On the training grounds?

you don't get to see, it's just a bad dream geralt has.

Oh god, the answer is even worse... so now i have to wait 10 days to find it out. I should have never watched that stream in the first plays. Gaf is evil.

stabiliser

Neo Member
Rather misleading that the thumbnail for the video is an Xbox One copy

Well i would argue that the context is important. Its a Comedy bit on a Comedy show, done by somebody that admits to have no clue about viedeogames. I wouldn't cout that as advertisement. And since nobady is going to make a purchase decision based on Cluelessgamer, there is no obligation to be factualy right here.

Gurish

Well i would argue that the context is important. Its a Comedy bit on a Comedy show, done by somebody that admits to have no clue about viedeogames. I wouldn't cout that as advertisement. And since nobady is going to make a purchase decision based on Cluelessgamer, there is no obligation to be factualy right here.

It is a advertisement, just a very funny one that all sides (Conan and the Publisher and us the audience) gets benefits from, they are showing the XB1 case for a reason, they have to, if it was purely for fun they wouldn't always play the hottest and most hyped and newest games all the time, they could always take a dumb game to make fun of but than they wouldn't get the advertisement money.

But even though it's an ad, I don't think it's too bad that they are misleading, the audience that watch this show is pretty causal and even if they will buy the XB1 version it wont seem very different for them compared to the Conan footage, no harm was done in this case.

Mifec

No it is not Xbox it is PC. Confirmed on Twitter by Witcher Devs.

Oh god, the answer is even worse... so now i have to wait 10 days to find it out. I should have never watched that stream in the first plays. Gaf is evil.

No I mean that

never happened, it's just a nightmare

Squishy3

This stuff is getting taken offline faster than you can say Geralt of Rivia.
It's what happens when people stream things early on Twitch instead of hitbox or ustream or whatever. Twitch is super buddy-buddy with game publishers and their marketing departments.

Tovarisc

It's what happens when people stream things early on Twitch instead of hitbox or ustream or whatever. Twitch is super buddy-buddy with game publishers and their marketing departments.

You say it like it's bad thing that Twitch does co-op stuff with games industry.

drotahorror

Not gonna read through this thread (for sake of being spoiled) but can someone answer me this...

What sort of environments can one expect? We've all seen the forests, forests, forests, town/castle, cave, sailing. What about others? Anyone know if there's a snow area, desert, maybe even some fantastical areas? I'm way more interested in hearing if there's fantastical areas.

Thanks.

Xando

Not gonna read through this thread (for sake of being spoiled) but can someone answer me this...

What sort of environments can one expect? We've all seen the forests, forests, forests, town/castle, cave, sailing. What about others? Anyone know if there's a snow area, desert, maybe even some fantastical areas? I'm way more interested in hearing if there's fantastical areas.

Thanks.

Yes for snow areas, they teased desert and some fantasy areas so i guess there will be something.

Tovarisc

X-posting.

Apparently some if not all retailers are allegedly getting special codes that they can use to activate single PC copy for demo purposes, any bets how long before some shady employee leaks PC version?

Top Bottom