• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cel-Shaded Brawler Transformers Devastation Leaked

Galdelico

Guys, do I see things?

Scorp_zps4ocsrcyz.jpg

Who could possibly be developing this if it's not Platinum?

Also, I doubt it's a console exclusive since Activision has the Transformers lisence. Not trying to start a console war in here as I own both PS4 and Xbox One. Just trying to deduce from what I know.

Maybe Activision doesn't have the lisence anymore.

Zomba13

It hit Kotaku, and the writer says he doesn't feel it's very likely that it's Platinum developed:

http://kotaku.com/e3-leak-or-not-these-are-some-cool-transformers-screen-1711104795

lol. It's defintiely the Platinum game. It's "brawler" which is Platinums signature genre (call it what you like), it looks like an eveloution of the art style in the Korra game, It's a partnership with Activision which continues the relationship started with the Korra game. They are showing off a new game on the IGN or youtube stream or whatever it was which implies that their game isn't an exclusive but a multiplatform game and possibly a "smaller" title.

All signs point to Platinum.

Tizoc

that was a great sequeunce, Hot Rod was so much "cooler" to me as a young buck than he was as Uncle Rodimus Prime.:(

Well he's become akin to Uncle Dante in the comics right now :p
Rodpod_into_the_abyss.jpg

(Please do excuse the art, and yes, he did make a spacecarft modeled after his head)

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
If this is Plats game i'm definitely hoping it's on the PC/PS4 as well... would love to have a Transformers game that was as kinetic and fucking crazy as Vanquish.

AmyS

This could be the best use of cel-shading yet (gotta see it in motion tho)..

I always hated the look of every single Transformers series after G1.

The screens look absolutely phenomenal. It's early days but I could see this game having some awesome DLC.

Sou Da

(Please do excuse the art, and yes, he did make a spacecarft modeled after his head)

Damn I haven't kept up with the MTMTE comic. Is RiD still Transformers Game of Thrones?

Tizoc

This could be the best use of cel-shading yet (gotta see it in motion tho)..

I always hated the look of every single Transformers series after G1.

The screens look absolutely phenomenal. It's early days but I could see this game having some awesome DLC.

The current new Robots in Disguise cartoon uses Cel-shading really well.

Damn I haven't kept up with the MTMTE comic. Is RiD still Transformers Game of Thrones?

My knowledge of GoT is very minimal sadly, but uh since you mentioned GoT

Toxi

Banned
We need more Beast Wars in everything. Seriously. The loss of Transtech still hurts. :(
Seriously. You'd think we'd be seeing more Beast Wars with the whole 90s nostalgia going on right now, but G1 still has a stranglehold over all of the franchise.

Gimme more Dinobot Hasbro, you know he's one of the most popular Transformers characters ever.

Kamina777

Banned

I can't stop laughing, that's arrogant as heck, what hot rod should have rightfully grown up to be. I wish he was that crazy in the cartoons back in the day. It seemed like he couldn't help but give orders that messed something up.

Seriously. You'd think we'd be seeing more Beast Wars with the whole 90s nostalgia going on right now, but G1 still has a stranglehold over all of the franchise.

in my opinion rightfully so..I always felt that beastwars, though it clearly has quite a following , was kind of like an abomination, considering the source material.

Toxi

Banned
in my opinion rightfully so..I always felt that beastwars, though it clearly has quite a following , was kind of like an abomination, considering the source material.
Beast Wars was fantastic. It was funny, well voice-acted, and great at setting up character arcs. Despite its dated CGI the show still looks good thanks to the expressive facial animation, to the point that even characters without mouths emoted well. It was also very faithful to the franchise roots, to the point that (Season 2 ending spoilers)
Ravage still transforms into a micro-cassette.

Calling it an abomination is ridiculous. Even with some major flaws (Like killing off characters too easily so new toys could be promoted, or the lack of decent female characters), it still is the best Transformers show I've ever seen.

Daylight

I would guess that High Moon Studios is developing this. They did previous Transformers games for Activision, and the fan service they put in the Deadpool game would leave me to believe they would want to do a classic Transformers styled game.

Tizoc

I would guess that High Moon Studios is developing this. They did previous Transformers games for Activision, and the fan service they put in the Deadpool game would leave me to believe they would want to do a classic Transformers styled game.

High Moon Studios have been relegated to making CoD maps last I heard.

Gimme more Dinobot Hasbro, you know he's one of the most popular Transformers characters ever.

And it's the 20th anniversary next year.

Maybe if ReBoot: The Guardian Code turns out well, Hasbro could greenlight a sequel with Rainmaker/Mainframe again.

If this is Plats game i'm definitely hoping it's on the PC/PS4 as well... would love to have a Transformers game that was as kinetic and fucking crazy as Vanquish.

Yeah.

G1 Prime looks really good in the screens. Looking at those shots and other people comparing the two I also expect this to be similar to their Korra project in scale.

Beast Wars was fantastic. It was funny, well voice-acted, and great at setting up character arcs. Despite its dated CGI the show still looks good thanks to the expressive facial animation, to the point that even characters without mouths emoted well. It was also very faithful to the franchise roots, to the point that (Season 2 ending spoilers)
Ravage still transforms into a micro-cassette.

Calling it an abomination is ridiculous. Even with some major flaws (Like killing off characters too easily so new toys could be promoted, or the lack of decent female characters), it still is the best Transformers show I've ever seen.

Fantastic show.

Jashobeam

this is already up for preorder, i saw the PS4 version on bestbuy.ca, so definitely not an exclusive.

edit:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=995a342945f4c1a5ea2a9be552cf8adden02

theres some in-game screenshots I haven't seen yet that is on the product page in that link, check them out guys.

some more details:

-Autobots face off against the Decepticons when Megatron discovers a way to harness the enormous power of plasma energy to cyberform Earth

-PlatinumGames signature fast action allows instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system

-Features 5 playable Autobots including Optimus Prime, Bubblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock

-A deep customization system and 5 difficulty levels with overhauls in enemy composition deliver hours of intense gameplay

-Actors from the original TV series reprising their roles include Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Dan Gilvezan (Bubblebee), Frank Welker (Megatron and Soundwave), and more

Galdelico

From the Best Buy link:

More Information:

- Autobots face off against the Decepticons when Megatron discovers a way to harness the enormous power of plasma energy to cyberform Earth

- PlatinumGames signature fast action allows instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system

- Features 5 playable Autobots including Optimus Prime, Bubblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock

- A deep customization system and 5 difficulty levels with overhauls in enemy composition deliver hours of intense gameplay

- Actors from the original TV series reprising their roles include Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Dan Gilvezan (Bubblebee), Frank Welker (Megatron and Soundwave), and more

Daylight

From the Best Buy website. Platinum Confirmed.

Face off against Megatron and battle it out with the Decepticons in Transformers Devestation. Equipped with fast action capabilities, this game allows for instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system. Five difficulty levels also deliver hours of intense gameplay.

More Information

Autobots face off against the Decepticons when Megatron discovers a way to harness the enormous power of plasma energy to cyberform Earth

PlatinumGames signature fast action allows instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system
Features 5 playable Autobots including Optimus Prime, Bubblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock

A deep customization system and 5 difficulty levels with overhauls in enemy composition deliver hours of intense gameplay

Actors from the original TV series reprising their roles include Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Dan Gilvezan (Bubblebee), Frank Welker (Megatron and Soundwave), and more

Top Bottom