• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BerserkerBarage said:
@Nokyard, you know there are still plenty of people to this day that swear that the M6D's characteristics in HCE's multiplayer was intentional. There is a guy (named 'Hitzel', I believe) who floats around some of the forums who apparently spoke to John Howard (before FASA imploded) who reportedly got him to go on record that the M6D's abilities were planned for HCE's MP aspect.
No you are very wrong.

The Halo 1 pistol was a mistake. They never intended it to be as powerful as it is. The accuracy was not supposed to be anything close to what it is today either. Hold down the trigger rather then tapping it for each shot. That is more along the lines of what they had hoped for.

GhaleonEB said:
Do me a favor, Dax. Disagree with me on something. Please.

I mean, I don't know how to tell you this but you care about me too much, and I'm married. I just can't reciprocate. I took down my avatar and you sent me worried PMs and lamented the lost Soffish in the thread multiple times. You care about my avatar more than I do.
This is one of the best posts I have read since I've lurked GAF.

GhaleonEB said:

The SMG is not better than the AR.
Titanic isn't a good movie.
Telling a story from first-person perspective is better than telling a story through cutscenes.

I mean, I don't know how to tell you this but you care about me too much, and I'm married. I just can't reciprocate. I took down my avatar and you sent me worried PMs and lamented the lost Soffish in the thread multiple times. You care about my avatar more than I do.
It was just one PM, and if you recall correctly, other people were talking about your Scoffish avatar too.

Arnie

GhaleonEB said:

Eazy and I did prophecise that he was acting rather similarly to you.

That Reach image above makes me think even more that the game will be class based. Look at the different Spartans: Heavy, Sniper, Silenced AR(as mentioned in the novels), pistol and knife.

Finally here is my contribution to the ODST thread naming:

The Official Halo 3:ODST Thread of Hi-Res Johnsons

BerserkerBarage

Neo Member
Devin Olsen said:
No you are very wrong.

The Halo 1 pistol was a mistake. They never intended it to be as powerful as it is. The accuracy was not supposed to be anything close to what it is today either. Hold down the trigger rather then tapping it for each shot. That is more along the lines of what they had hoped for.

I'm very aware of this fact. However, even with the countless times that Bungie employees (both past and current) have said that the way the M6D operated in HCE was a mistake, there are people out there (ie the person named 'Hitzel' I mentioned) that still contends otherwise.

Ahhh...this guy

That's what I'm referring to. Even in 2007, when he made that post, quite a few people refused to believe that the M6D was a mistake.

~B.B.

BerserkerBarage said:
I'm very aware of this fact. However, even with the countless times that Bungie employees (both past and current) have said that the way the M6D operated in HCE was a mistake, there are people out there (ie the person named 'Hitzel' I mentioned) that still contends otherwise.

Ahhh...this guy

That's what I'm referring to. Even in 2007, when he made that post, quite a few people refused to believe that the M6D was a mistake.

~B.B.
Your link goes to a bungie.net post in which people speak of getting FOUR shot kills with the pistol.

I stopped reading shortly after.

EazyB

Banned
Devin Olsen said:
I never understood this. How do you play more than a single match of "Slayer Pro" in CE and not know the pistol obliterates in the game?

GhaleonEB

EazyB said:
I never understood this. How do you play more than a single match of "Slayer Pro" in CE and not know the pistol obliterates in the game?
How familiar are you with Halo 1's development cycle? (This is a rhetorical question.)

BerserkerBarage

Neo Member
Devin Olsen said:
Your link goes to a bungie.net post in which people speak of getting FOUR shot kills with the pistol.

I stopped reading shortly after.

Good, I wasn't using it to demonstrate the most intelligent responses made on B.net. I was showing that there are still quite a few people who adamantly refuse to believe that the M6D was a mistake.

And again, I'm still reserving my judgment on whether or not I think the omission of the BR from Firefight was the right thing to do after I play the game for a decent amount of time. I dunno, I think using the Carbine is more "skillful" and more "satisfying" to use anyways, so if we get more Carbine luv in Firefight, I might not mind at all.

~B.B.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
now that things have devolved to the normal internet state of 24/7 bitchery, this thread has run its course

Don't fuck up the official ODST thread when it arrives, plz. (who am I kidding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom