• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

Ourobolus

Banned
Man, I know I murdered
and ate
Tucah Night 1 last game, but you guys seem to be intent on never letting him play Mafia.

Zatoth

Day 1 ends

Tucah (9)
Flame_AC
Fireblend
Sorian
Never Forever
Lord of Castamere
Coppanuva
RetroMG
Blargonaut
nin1000

Blargonaut (4)
Neuromancer
ultron87
Matt Attack
Timeaisis

Lone_Prodigy (2)
Rats Off To Ya
Darryl

Darryl (1)
Lone_Prodigy

Tucah does not even put up a fight as you close in on him. You can see it in his eyes that he already accepted his fate.

Everything moves so fast that you do not even realise how it really happened. But as he hangs there, you notice the faintest smile on his face. As you remember how Zatoth’s life ended, you begin to think that Tucah may have been the lucky one.

Tucah, an Ordinary Tourist is dead.

Welcome!

You are an Ordinary Tourist.

You are aligned with the Tourists.

You have no abilities other than voting.

You win when no remaining players are Cult-aligned.

Night 1 begins:
c22-camping.jpg

t1439233200z0.png

Zatoth

Update on the replacement situation:

Capitan will be replaced by TheWorthyEdge
OceanicAir will be replaced by ScraftyDevil
OrangeYouGlad will be replaced by johnnyquicknives

Sorry again for all the confusion caused by that. I hope it did not affect the game too much.

Zatoth

Because it came up in another game I added something to the rules. Voting for yourself is not allowed. Such a vote would not be counted.

17. For your vote to count, it must be presented in the following format: VOTE: playername, via use of the highlight tag. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text. You are not allowed to vote for yourself.

Zatoth

rmx6mT0.jpg

Before you start with your breakfast you check if anybody is missing. Two survivors did not show up. You hope that you are wrong but as expected, both are dead.

Fireblend, a Witch and Lone_Prodigy, an Ordinary Cultist are dead.

Welcome!

You are an Ordinary Cultist.

You are aligned with the Cult of Cthulhu.

Years of worshipping Cthulhu turned you insane. But your sanity was a small price to pay for the gifts Cthulhu granted you. You used your powers to sink the cruise ship you spotted on the horizon. Somehow a small group of passengers survived and made it to your island. In the chaos your cult managed to infiltrate the survivors. It will be easy to sacrifice them one by one.

[redacted]. Each night phase, one of the Cult of Cthulhu-aligned players may kill/turn insane (depending on Cthulhu’s mood) one of the other players by PMing me the command SACRIFICE: Playername. This action will be associated with the player who sent the PM. You may also communicate with your partners at the Quickboard found here.

You win when only Cult of Cthulhu-aligned players remain.

Welcome!

You are a Witch.

You are aligned with the Tourists.

The other passengers may not realise it but old and dark magic is present on this island. You don’t know who is behind it, but at least you are able to use your own magic to protect other survivors.

Once per night you can place a protective spell, which grants protection against one attack this night, on another player. To do so, private message me the command PROTECT: Playername.

You win when no remaining players are Cult-aligned.
Day 2 ends:
t1439578800z0.png

With 18 players remaining 10 votes are needed to end the day early.

Sorian

Banned
Blowing up on our face indeed. The person I expected to see dead is not dead and these results suck.

VOTE: Blarg

Monitoring from my phone, I have lunch to eat.

oh shit, I just read Fireblend's role description, we lost the doctor too, that sucks, rip dude

but we got a Cultist! better than the other games already

Flame_AC

While the loss of Fireblend will hurt, taking out a Cultist this early is amazing. We've got so much information to work with, now that Lone Prodigy was the cultist.

Flame_AC

Also, I think LP's role PM might have spoiled this game's twist. It seems like the Cultists can convert other players to their side in place of a kill.

Droplet

I should remind you guys that there was a serious bandwagon on Lone_Prodigy halfway through day One. We should look at what happened from there on out very carefully.

I see that there is a "turn insane" option for Cultists. I don't know if that's done through somebody's decision or RNG, but it seems like this game is going to get really weird, really fast.

Holy shit. And I was gonna back off Prodigy today.

This is interesting. I have to gather my thoughts on this. This makes the Tucah vote much more interesting.

RetroMG

I don't actually see how L_P being a cultist clears Blarg. If we've been assuming that Blarg is a third party, does it really matter who he kills?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to not have to lynch Blarg, but we did agree on it, so I'd like to understand the reasoning.

Flame_AC

I see that there is a "turn insane" option for Cultists. I don't know if that's done through somebody's decision or RNG, but it seems like this game is going to get really weird, really fast.

If I had to guess, I'm betting that there were very few Cultists, perhaps as few as two, and they can grow their ranks every so often. It's our job to stop them before they convert/kill us.

I've never been so conflicted about morning results before. RIP Fireblend, but it's awesome that a cultist ended up dead too.

Also, I think LP's role PM might have spoiled this game's twist. It seems like the Cultists can convert other players to their side in place of a kill.

I think that might just be fluff. Otherwise they would probably need two commands, rather than just SACRIFICE.

It sounds too broken to me if it were true, but who knows.

Droplet

I've never been so conflicted about morning results before. RIP Fireblend, but it's awesome that a cultist ended up dead too.

I think that might just be fluff. Otherwise they would probably need two commands, rather than just SACRIFICE.

"Depending on Cthulhu's mood" makes it sound more like it's a random process that Cultists don't choose to me. It would probably just be sacrifice if it was flavor text.

Sorian

Banned
I was seriously questioning you for a minute there :p

Good results for the first night, now I have to go look at what Blargonaut's suggestions were and see if that has any impact here...

Yeah I'm sorry, I read the word ordinary and thought the results were all trash, then I saw NF was happy and re-read to saw I was dumb lol

nin1000

Banned
Going through Firebrand and Lone_Prodigy's posts aswell.

Seems that the mafia can either kill or turn someone insane each night, Like a 50/50 chance, sucks that They got lucky tonight by killing our doctor. But who got the other kill? If they got the 50% chance of killing someone it seems we have a 3rd or neutral party who cab kill aswell.
I am currently on mobile but will be home in 2 more hours to dive into those questions.

I am now pretty certain that ROTY is Town, bc there is no way Cult would go so hard on one of their own Day 1

Aside from that, I need to think for a while. Everything L_P did is now basically required reading before we can get stuck into Day 2 proper.

RetroMG

This is a fair point. If someone loses their mind to Cthulu, it might be the same as dying.

Flame_AC

Going through Firebrand and Lone_Prodigy's posts aswell.

Seems that the mafia can either kill or turn someone insane each night, Like a 50/50 chance, sucks that They got lucky tonight by killing our doctor. But who got the other kill? If they got the 50% chance of killing someone it seems we have a 3rd or neutral party who cab kill aswell.
I am currently on mobile but will be home in 2 more hours to dive into those questions.

The second kill was more then likely Blarg, it will remain to be seen whether he's lynched though, can't have him going around and killing Tourists next.

"Depending on Cthulhu's mood" makes it sound more like it's a random process that Cultists don't choose to me. It would probably just be sacrifice if it was flavor text.

To me that sounds like way too big of a mechanic not to be fully detailed in the Cultist's role PM, leaving aside the fact that it sounds like it would be a really powerful ability for the cultists (who already have an information ability) to possess.

Is this something Zatoth is able to comment on? We really need to know this going forward.

ultron87

Woohoo mostly! Losing a doctor this early is rough, but at least we didn't hang them ourselves. A Cultist death is great. Should be some good digging we can do based on the way the votes went yesterday. I'll try and look into those tonight when I have some time to dig.

The turn insane thing seems more fluff than anything else. In most Cthulu-ey stuff going insane is as good as being dead. It doesn't mean you're suddenly evil. Just your mind is gone.

Sorian

Banned
I don't actually see how L_P being a cultist clears Blarg. If we've been assuming that Blarg is a third party, does it really matter who he kills?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to not have to lynch Blarg, but we did agree on it, so I'd like to understand the reasoning.

I don't think any of us have reasoning yet. The deal was that Blarg had to deliver a concrete cultist for our day 2 kill. With this cult death, he may have done just that but we are going to need to look back through old posts first.

RetroMG

It could be role-based, like the Lost Partner in the Animal Crossing game - if the Cultists try to kill certain players, they convert them instead. The real shame of it would be that they would be playing town right up until they are converted, so it'd be hard to tell who is who.

Assuming I'm not completely off-base, of course.

Oh my god you guys had really read Lone_Prodigy EXTREMELY well but... How?

/shrug. I've NEVER seen someone argue that a bandwagon is a good thing. It reeked of Mafia play.

RetroMG

I don't think any of us have reasoning yet. The deal was that Blarg had to deliver a concrete cultist for our day 2 kill. With this cult death, he may have done just that but we are going to need to look back through old posts first.

...huh. I clearly misunderstood what we were agreeing on. Well, for the moment, I'm okay with letting Blarg live, as long as everyone else is good with it. I don't actually buy that he was declaring himself a third party killer on day one anyway, but it was worth investigating.

Zatoth

To me that sounds like way too big of a mechanic not to be fully detailed in the Cultist's role PM, leaving aside the fact that it sounds like it would be a really powerful ability for the cultists (who already have an information ability) to possess.

Is this something Zatoth is able to comment on? We really need to know this going forward.

As for how kill/turn insane exactly work. That I can not answer. But Cultists have no influence on what will happen when they used that action. That is up to me.

And being turned insane is not a permanent thing. Guess that is also something everyone should know.

Top Bottom