• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concept Artwork For "Epic Mickey"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Shiggy said:
Seems that they also work on a game for Xbox 360:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tre-zieman/0/931/508
That was probably the canned title JP was working on prior to being bought by Disney, which was not Epic Mickey but some UE3 original IP fantasy action-RPG thing IIRC.

IntelliHeath said:
I have bad feeling that this project is canceled >.<
It isn't.

Roto13 said:
You guys realize this game isn't going to be nearly as dark as this concept art might lead you to believe, right?
Judging by this thread, probably not. But, yeah, that is something that should be kept in mind.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Roto13 said:
You guys realize this game isn't going to be nearly as dark as this concept art might lead you to believe, right?

Stop using logic. For some odd reason, people appear to be convinced the Disney company is fine with turning all their family-friendly characters into hideous zombie-like monster creations.

I much more see this as a variety of concept art, not as active plans for the game itself.

Holy Shit! How in the hell did I miss this!?

Agent Icebeezy said:
pour1out-pour-out.png

Nice to know that they're all worth only $4.28.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
There's a teaser on page 40 and 41 of this month's Game Informer for next month's issue and the website relaunch, which says "something EPIC is brewing" and "the star of the show is someone you just might know" and shows a Mouse ears and the nose (and a Disney copyright) on the opposite page.

:D

cuyahoga said:
There's a teaser on page 40 and 41 of this month's Game Informer for next month's issue and the website relaunch, which says "something EPIC is brewing" and "the star of the show is someone you just might know" and shows a Mouse ears and the nose (and a Disney copyright) on the opposite page.

Nice! I want to see some new info about this game. :D

Gomu Gomu

cuyahoga said:

pic?

cuyahoga said:

Scan that shit

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Kagari said:
GI is changing their logo to some lowercased atrocity... ugh. Worst trend ever.
It fucked over Tropicana. I wish more companies would get screwed when they do it. It is ugly.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
GrotesqueBeauty said:
The only question is what the details are and the types of meltdowns they'll lead to.

I think it will probably be all 3 platforms.

Sipowicz

Banned
schuelma said:

me too. i'd like to see a hd version based on the concept art but i'll be happy with anything

stuburns said:
I can't wait to find out when I have to rebuy a Wii.

dude, wii rocks and so does psp. you need to start playing them more!

schuelma said:

According to every interview and every piece of news about the game, it's Wii Exclusive.
That might have changed in the past few months, but it's pretty clear it's at least Wii Lead Platform.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
AceBandage said:
According to every interview and every piece of news about the game, it's Wii Exclusive.
That might have changed in the past few months, but it's pretty clear it's at least Wii Lead Platform.

Has GI ever had a Wii exclusive on its cover?

schuelma said:
Has GI ever had a Wii exclusive on its cover?

I'm not sure, nor am I sure what that has to do with anything.
Their cover is dictated by money, and I'm pretty sure Disney has the money to buy a GI cover.

StuBurns

Banned
Sipowicz said:
dude, wii rocks and so does psp. you need to start playing them more!
I know, my parents have it actually, I'll probably just take it back as appose to buying a new one. As for the PSP, it's the physical thing, I love the software a lot of the time. I'll pick up a Go, see if that's more my thing.

Y2Kev

AceBandage said:
I'm not sure, nor am I sure what that has to do with anything.
Their cover is dictated by money, and I'm pretty sure Disney has the money to buy a GI cover.
Do publishers really buy magazine covers?

StuBurns

Banned
Spector is among the most respected developers in the industry, his game will sell magazines. It's not like they need to pay for it, everyone wants to know what he's been doing.

Y2Kev

Game Informer doesn't really need to sell magazines with the GS connection. They could put whatever they want on the cover probably.

Oh man, I remember that RS cover.

Sipowicz

Banned
stuburns said:
I know, my parents have it actually, I'll probably just take it back as appose to buying a new one. As for the PSP, it's the physical thing, I love the software a lot of the time. I'll pick up a Go, see if that's more my thing.

you should get cfw. you can extract your old ps1 games to memory stick and play them!

what do you mean buy it's a physical thing?

StuBurns

Banned
Sipowicz said:
you should get cfw. you can extract your old ps1 games to memory stick and play them!

what do you mean buy it's a physical thing?
It's CFW but I've not really used it for anything.

I meant it's the ergonomic design of the PSP I dislike. There is enough cool software on there for sure. So I'll pick up a PSP Go and hopefully it'll solve that. There's certainly some very nice software coming out over the next 12+ months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom