• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

RetroMG

Really? I would think keeping him around to investigate his roleclaim would be the best idea, but hey, what do I know?

VOTE: TheWorthyEdge

Something stinks here.

Timeaisis

Fine. I have one night kill immunity. After that's used up, if cult try to kill me again, I take whoever made the order with me.

I don't know if my immunity has been used up yet.

Not that it matters now since they know about it.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
HOLYSHIT, HOLYSHIT. All these revelations with such a short amount of time left. What a twist this little game has given us. When you think it's all over it's only just beginning!

Well that's ultron's role down I suppose and Timeaisis is open to die now so this is all so very interesting. I just can't decide, originally I was so against killing TheWorthyEdge but now? Now I'm not so sure, you've swayed my decision so easily.

Timeaisis could be lying to save his own skin same goes for Ultron but it's all SO exciting. TheWorthyEdge could just be an innocent or he could be simply playing stupid to get by another night for the Cult. What do I do in these final moments? Uh.... I JUST CAN'T.

Zatoth

Timeaisis 6
GreatCharleston
Rats Off To Ya
TheWorthyEdge
Never Forever
ultron87
Hyperactivity

TheWorthyEdge 3
Timeaisis
RetroMG
ScraftyDevil

ultron87 2
Flame_AC
nin1000

Day 4 ends

As you close in on Timeaisis he begins to laugh like a madman. “You want to lynch me? Do you know who I am? With my knowledge I am a god compared to you imbeciles! The Great Cthulhu will protect me! Just wait and see!”

You are not sure who to react to that. Timeaisis laughing does not stop and he begins to speak in an otherworldly tongue. Is this how it ends for all of you? Will Timeaisis kill you now? Was this just a sick game for his amusement? You just stand and watch, frozen in terror.

Suddenly someone among your group throws a coconut at his forehead and manages to knock him out. Not taking any chances, you jump on Timeaisis and take care of him for good. It is not pretty.

Timeaisis, a Cult Leader is dead.

Welcome!

You are a Cult Leader.

You are aligned with the Cult of Cthulhu.

Years of worshipping Cthulhu turned you insane. But your sanity was a small price to pay for the gifts Cthulhu granted you. You used your powers to sink the cruise ship you spotted on the horizon. Somehow a small group of passengers survived and made it to your island. In the chaos your cult managed to infiltrate them. It will be easy to sacrifice them one by one.

Your partners are Lord of Castamere and Lone_Prodigy. Each night phase, one of the Cult of Cthulhu-aligned players may kill/turn insane (depending on Cthulhu’s mood) one of the other players by PMing me the command SACRIFICE: playername. This action will be associated with the player who sent the PM. You may also communicate with your partners at the Quickboard found here.

Experience taught you how to blend in. If investigated by an information gathering role, you will appear as a Tourist.

To be sure you used some protective magic. It allows you to survive one night attack.

You win when only Cult of Cthulhu-aligned players remain.

chibi_cthulhu_fhtagn_by_ackegard-d6qlcg9.jpg

After Timeaisis’ death, you could feel that a great evil left the island. With his last worshipper gone, Cthulhu is no longer paying attention to your island.

Was that it? Did you actually survive this horror?

Something does not feel right. Even with Cthulhu gone, you can still sense something lurking in the shadows. Now that Cthulhu’s aura is no longer present, you notice that the darkness you felt all this time was not just Cthulhu’s…

c22-camping.jpg

Night 4 ends:
t1441047600z0.png

Zatoth

HDUFIEZ.jpg

Celebrating the end of the Cthulhu Cult was a short-lived distraction from the horrors on the island after you realised that the night may still be dangerous. You are not really surprised that once again not everybody showed up this morning.

Neverforever, an Ordinary Tourist is dead.
Welcome!

You are an Ordinary Tourist.

You are aligned with the Tourists.

You have no abilities other than voting.

You win when no remaining players are Cult-aligned.

Day 5 ends:
t1441479600z0.png

With 11 players remaining 7 votes are needed to end the day early.

Motherfucker. Never Forever was the only person I felt I could trust at this point.

Here are the facts, as I see them:

1. None of the role text we saw from the Cult of Cthulhu mentioned recruitment.

2. I win when no "Cult-aligned" players remain. The Cult of Cthulhu would have won when only "Cult of Cthulhu-aligned" players remain.

3. Darryl's role text said he could be recruited by "Cultists." Not "the Cultists" and not "the Cult of Cthulhu."

Conclusion: Our remaining enemy is another Cult, and they are the ones capable of recruiting Insane Tourists. My guess is that they were not at full power until the Cult of Cthulhu was eliminated.

ultron87

I suppose a game with no more deaths at night would've taken way too long.

Okay, so we basically need to start over. If there's a second cult-like group or killer that activated once the Cthulhu cult was dead they would've been playing like a normal town this whole time. Even someone who voted out every cultist and was the best townie ever is no longer in the clear, because that is exactly what the Cult 2: Electric Cthulhu would need to do start their murderous rampage.

I suppose a game with no more deaths at night would've taken way too long.

Okay, so we basically need to start over. If there's a second cult-like group or killer that activated once the Cthulhu cult was dead they would've been playing like a normal town this whole time. Even someone who voted out every cultist and was the best townie ever is no longer in the clear, because that is exactly what the Cult 2: Electric Cthulhu would need to do start their murderous rampage.

My thoughts exactly. It's essentially Day One all over again, but I feel we can make some educated guesses about what we're dealing with.

My first instinct would be that members of a second Cult would want to eliminate the Cult of Cthulhu, but they would also want the Tourists to be as weak as possible before that happened. They also want to survive for a long time without bringing too much attention to themselves. I would look into people who have been dragging their feet, perhaps making a token attempt at scum hunting but not sticking their necks out too much.

Fortunately we wrapped up that nasty business with the Cult of Cthulhu rather quickly, so I believe we've begun this phase of the game at an advantage.

Damn, anotha good man down...

Whaddya suppose we should do? We've got no leads, no concrete evidence, and hell, no clue what we're even up against. This is one big ol' clustercuss.

One thing to consider is that LoC possibly got killed by trying to roleblock one of the members of the other cult. If that was the case Cult 1, and therefore Timeaisis yesterday, would know who that target was and would probably want to deal with them.

He jumped on TheWorthyEdge train pretty early on yesterday: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176510159&postcount=3046

Have you been reading my mind, ultron? Glad to see we're completely on the same page so far.

Interestingly, Time jumped on Worthy a day after saying he was against lynching inactives.

I haven't exactly been reading Worthy as a devious Cultist type, but in the absence of anything more substantial it's a fine lead to start with.

RetroMG

Huh. You guys think there's a second cult? I had assumed that it was just that we missed whoever the cult recruited the other night.

But probably best to assume the worst.

Motherfucker. Never Forever was the only person I felt I could trust at this point.

Here are the facts, as I see them:

1. None of the role text we saw from the Cult of Cthulhu mentioned recruitment.

2. I win when no "Cult-aligned" players remain. The Cult of Cthulhu would have won when only "Cult of Cthulhu-aligned" players remain.

3. Darryl's role text said he could be recruited by "Cultists." Not "the Cultists" and not "the Cult of Cthulhu."

Conclusion: Our remaining enemy is another Cult, and they are the ones capable of recruiting Insane Tourists. My guess is that they were not at full power until the Cult of Cthulhu was eliminated.

I was doing research on the cthulhu-verse over night phase

There are a bunch of gods akin to Cthulhu to choose from

Here's another thing we can make a guess on

I'm going to guess that they killed Never Forever because he was planning to use the book. We can assume that they don't like the book, or at least the randomness of it

Whoever has the book, I think it might be a wise move to keep quiet about it, use it tonight to experiment the way Never Forever was planning to, and report tomorrow

I also would be fine with a longer day and shorter night phase. No use bringing someone in as a replacement just to make them leave when Great Charleston comes back, and no use permanently replacing him when his ban is so short

Nooooo! Why you do!?

My thoughts on this. There is another cult and they may be able to Recruit as we saw previously. Second of all YAY! my name is brought up yet again. Boo.

Top Bottom