• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

nin1000

Banned
I'm not sure I like Flame's role at all
I've pegged Flame for a tourist, but it sounds funny. A tourist role that decides who tourists get to lynch, instead of the tourists themselves choosing?

Sounds neutral, or even scum, at least. Or like a lie

VOTE: Flame_Ac

Well never thought of it that way, would love to hear from Flame again !

Overrides make sense, you only have one. But unlimited protection? Deciding who we may or may not vote for. Tourists vote. That's all there is to it. That's the greatest power a tourist has, Plus, it would have to be decided during night phase, before anything else was known. A huge reveal could happen, but whoops, I just protected scum

It doesn't sound like a tourist role at all. And it doesn't seem like a scum role either, too powerful. OR even a neutral role.

It sounds more like a lie

Why would you have to hide such a role? Scum aren't negatively affected, you might be saving them. Only people who don't benefit are the tourists

Funny thing is, coming into this game, Flame_Ac was the only person I trusted to be a tourist, but right now he's the most suspicious with this crap.

Scrafty also just accepted her fate when she had the chance to keep fighting. She was tied in votes with Flame. I tried to think it through as she trying to get people to think she's town that way, but it doesn't make sense. Why would scum just lie down and hope they don't die? It leaves too much to chance for scum, they want to have an idea of where the votes will go

Flame_AC

As I mentioned before the cult are in a much better position than the town to verify and act upon roles that are claimed. Outing them is a much bigger benefit to them than us.

If you want to give out more info on your role: At what point do you decide on who to protect? Previous night phase? Before day ends? What happens if someone you protect has the most votes does it fail or fall on the player with the next highest number of votes?

For now I don't like the role/claim and my previous points stand alongside my vote.

I think we just have a different view on it, but I can understand your opinion. I decide on the night phase before the following day. I do not know what happens if someone tries to lynch the person who I'm protecting, the situation has not yet arisen and it's not mentioned in my role.

I'm not sure I like Flame's role at all
I've pegged Flame for a tourist, but it sounds funny. A tourist role that decides who tourists get to lynch, instead of the tourists themselves choosing?

Sounds neutral, or even scum, at least. Or like a lie

VOTE: Flame_Ac

But I'm not deciding who we lynch, I'm protecting Town interests from possible mislynches.

I'm really tempted to throw the game into chaos and save both Scrafty and Flame.

I'd be curious how you'd be able to do that?

I don't like his role at all. Town's power is the vote, and the vote means town decides who dies. A town role shouldn't be deciding this, nor be able to do this as much as it wants

Mentioned above, but I don't decide who dies, only get to save one person, or two with the caveat of being powerless the next day.

ultron87

That role claim doesn't make sense to me. Causing the town to No Lynch (or lynch the next person down?) because you thought someone was okay isn't a good mechanic. A single override is reasonable (and has a similar connotation to my Vigilante role) but being able to constantly apply it seems nuts. If that happened and the game text of the power said who was responsible I'd vote for them on the spot on the next day, because it is basically a reverse doctor, which lies firmly in the anti town camp.

Vote: Flame_AC

I think we just have a different view on it, but I can understand your opinion. I decide on the night phase before the following day. I do not know what happens if someone tries to lynch the person who I'm protecting, the situation has not yet arisen and it's not mentioned in my role.

But I'm not deciding who we lynch, I'm protecting Town interests from possible mislynches.

I'd be curious how you'd be able to do that?

Mentioned above, but I don't decide who dies, only get to save one person, or two with the caveat of being powerless the next day.

You're either protecting someone town wants to lynch, or have a useless role. You're not protecting mislynches. How would we mislynch? Everyone in the town votes together, that's that. We decide who we lynch. How would you get the special info on who our power roles are before the game starts and protect them each time

Unlike a doctor, protecting someone from a day lynch comes down to them and the people who believe them. Scum have to paint targets on themselves by going after people.

Unless you had some special way to communicate with an investigator and protect people, it makes no sense. What's more, if you really do have the role, it still isn't a loss to lynch you. Your role just gets worse and worse for town as the game goes on and the chances of you protecting scum go up. What happens if we try to lynch someone you've protected.

If your role was an x-shot, I could believe it. But the ability to do this over and over throughout the game is way too powerful.

Your claimed role does one thing and one thing alone: it limits town's options. Before the day begins, before PRs can reveal what they find, before discussion starts, before the near confirmed townie can be outed as scum, you decide what we can and can't do. The only that is is an anti-town role.

Even if your bullshit claim is somehow true, I wouldn't even mind too much. I would be more bothered lynching an ordinary, because they're far less likely to hurt the team. I wouldn't mind having a shitty role like that out of play. It barely does anything for town, and at best saves scum.

I do not know what happens if someone tries to lynch the person who I'm protecting, the situation has not yet arisen and it's not mentioned in my role.

Really? Isn't your (claimed) role designed to protect someonethat the town is trying to lynch? If you just protect people that aren't going to get lynched, then what's the point of your role? That seems like some pretty pertinent information right there.

Flame_AC

I relent. You want my real role? I'm an Ordinary Tourist. I used my claim for leverage on the Town and to protect people I thought were town.

This is a rather unexpected turn of events. It does seem rather odd that Flame has to commit to a protection before the day phase even begins; seems like a very easy way to accidentally vindicate a vivacious villain considering the rather stochastic nature of the day-to-day proceedings. That is a lot of power to thrust upon one man, and could have catastrophic repurcussions if mismanaged.

I'd personally like to hear what Ms. Droplet thinks about this situation as she seems to be one of the more rational and analytical tourists left alive. Obviously we won't be able to hear from honourary mayor Mr. Rats before the deadline as he is previously engaged

Flame_AC

I'll just say I didn't play the game how I had wanted too, but had a great time playing with you all. It's been a blast and I'll look forward to next season. I'm pretty certain you all aren't going to get anything out of lynching me, but it's alright. I'm just going to say that people should be very careful of Rats and Retro.

Flame_AC

If anyone is ever curious why I decided to do what I did, I used my claim for leverage and to spice the game up. I originally was going to go for a different role, but the death of the original doctor changed things up on me.

Droplet

There's no way it's a real role, protecting someone from a town lynch would be terribly anti-town, and he just admitted he made it up to swing votes in the directions he wanted. I don't know why he didn't just keep pretending he had the override power, because at the very least I would have bent over backwards trying to keep him from lynching someone I wanted to keep alive.

Sorry I typed this up before the 7 vote majority so uh...yeah.

Goodbye Flame. Nice playing with you.

Flame_AC

I had switched from the Override claim based on the mounting antagonism against it, so I changed it up to try and make it more appealing.

If anyone is ever curious why I decided to do what I did, I used my claim for leverage and to spice the game up. I originally was going to go for a different role, but the death of the original doctor changed things up on me.

I'm going to assume you're town now that the results are already coming up, so I hope you can understand why I ended up trying to get you lynched

Goodbye Flame

Zatoth

Flame_AC 7
TheWorthyEdge
Droplet
johnnyquicknives
ultron87
RetroMG
nin1000
Hyperactivity

ScraftyDevil 2
Flame_AC
Rats Off To Ya

RetroMG 1
GreatCharleston
You are tired of waiting for results and to hang someone is kind of troublesome anyway. Yesterday showed you that there are faster and more enjoyable ways to get rid of someone. So everyone grabs a stone...

Flame_AC, an Ordinary Tourist is dead.

Welcome!

You are an Ordinary Tourist.

You are aligned with the Tourists.

You have no abilities other than voting.

You win when no remaining players are Cult-aligned.

c22-camping.jpg

Night 5 ends:
t1441652400z0.png

This night phase will only last two days.

Zatoth

HDUFIEZ.jpg

Once again not everybody showed up for breakfast.

Ultron87, a Vigilante is dead.
Welcome!

You are a Vigilante.

You are aligned with the Tourists.

Terrible things are happening on this island. But you will not go down without a fight. You managed to bring your trusted revolver with you. Unfortunately there are only three good bullets left. So you have to make them count.

Once per night you may attempt to kill another player. To do so, private message me the command SHOOT: Playername. You can use this power thrice per game.

You win when no remaining players are Cult-aligned.

Day 6 ends:
t1441998000z0.png

With 9 players remaining 6 votes are needed to end the day early.

Here's my problem, so I need you guys to help me out

I'm pretty sure I've found all of our PRs, and very possibly a Mafia member hiding within them

Oh, and my name is Randolph Carter, and I DREAM

LoC would've felt those consequences against me, which is why (and I was rate, ultorn had 3 bullets) I was pretty sure he didn't die that way

No grieving. Ultron lived the best possible life any vigilante could've asked for

3 bullets, hitting 2 cultists and a recruitable cultist

That is absolutely AMAZING

Wait... three bullets? I thought he only had two.

I'll bite. What have you got?

Here's my problem, so I need you guys to help me out

I'm pretty sure I've found all of our PRs, and very possibly a Mafia member hiding within them

Oh, and my name is Randolph Carter, and I DREAM

LoC would've felt those consequences against me, which is why (and I was rate, ultorn had 3 bullets) I was pretty sure he didn't die that way

Droplet

I can confirm Neuromancer was active night 1, which is why I'm sure Sorian was insane or 2nd cult.

I could probably Sorian being either of those, but it's a weird explanation for Neuro deciding to erase them both. If he was planning on doing that he would have been better off actually claiming and telling us.

Also yeah same as Retro, I'm confused because it seemed like LoC could only shoot twice but had three bullets?

Droplet

sorry, I could probably *believe Sorian being either of those.

Uh sorry, Hyper can you explain a little more in detail? I'm lost. Who did you replace again?

Zatoth

Message from Flame_AC

I leave you all in quite the predicament. I hope you all can escape this island with your lives, if you could take my corpse back home, that'd be great. Sorry for lying to you lot, but I had hoped my lie would serve the greater good, I suppose not as I await my turn in purgatory. Avenge the death of all these Tourists!

I didn't want to wait another day. I couldn't. It's too nerve wracking, thinking whether something will happen tomorrow or the next night. I entered the game planning to reveal after 2-4 nights of info collected

nin1000

Banned
Shit, I didn't notice the only twice

I assume that was in case he got roleblocked then

So we still don't know what happened to LoC. but I feel like I would've been notified had my ability killed him

So your ability lets you kill at night ? like a sleepwalking town member who also kills ?

Top Bottom