• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

That official message is the greatest thing ever.

"For months now we have been saying again and again how important it was to pre-order if you wanted to receive hardware on day one. We did warn that demand would be high!"

People who preordered three months ago are having their preorders cancelled in the UK. What usually happens with Mad Catz - I know this from experience - is that they promise 20,000 units and then cut that to 2,500 units a week before launch, which totally screws the retailers. I'm surprised the bigger retailers even carry their products anymore, frankly. Been going on since 2000.

Plus, way to blame the fans, Mad Catz. "You didn't preorder? Too bad!" - Well...we actually did...or did you not spot that part?

"I would like to stress that the quickest way to ensure delivery is to get an order in now via retailers such as Game, Amazon or indeed the Mad Catz website."

Great. Problem is that you haven't given GAME or Amazon any updates about stock availability, so neither of them is allowing orders. They don't know IF they're going to get more stock, let alone WHEN. So not allowing orders is the right thing to do.

Get back to being Big Boy Barry, Verrey. This is an absolute mess of a launch.

Can't use old wired controllers. Can't use old wireless controllers without an adapter that you can't buy. Most UK stores got one (some got two) band-in-a-box bundles IF they had someone who preordered it. Yet the guitar bundle that includes the game disc and a guitar (which might cost £15 to make, at a push) is conveniently in stock EVERYWHERE for just £110.

Funny, that.

Yep, my band in a box from Amazon UK has been updated with a new delivery date of October 20th-22nd. I preordered back in the middle of June as soon as the pre-orders went live. Not too impressed but I still want the full bundle, so I'm going to wait the 2 weeks and hopefully any issues with DLC will be ironed out and maybe I can get amazon to knock off a couple of quid for my inconvenience.

Delryk

If someone has "Waiting in the End" by Linkin Park, please test it and get back to me if it's OK for you or not...

on my end, the audio and the gameplay for instruments/vocals is desync by atleast 20+25secs..

If it's just me, i'll try to redownload the song, else i'll capture it and send it to harmonix.. lol.

zip stick

I can't remember if I ever exported Lego RB... does it show in your download history anywhere? If so, guess I didn't as I can't see it.

For xbox download history, they showed as this for me:

Rock Band Song Export Key
Rock Band 2 Export Pack
LEGO Rock Band Export Pack
AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack
Green Day Export Pack
Rock Band Blitz Soundtrack

Yaari

Well, my Game UK order shipped. So that's better than nothing. I was in the process of cancelling that order because some new bundles in my actual country popped up. And the minute I was in that chat, I had the "Shipped" mail roll in.

Jeez.

Hopefully it won't take too long to reach me/

So one of the songs from the Country pack let me download it, none of the others did.

Why do we have to wait on export licenses of songs that are already on the store? (Genre packs, Green Day)

opoth

Banned
For xbox download history, they showed as this for me:

Rock Band Song Export Key
Rock Band 2 Export Pack
LEGO Rock Band Export Pack
AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack
Green Day Export Pack
Rock Band Blitz Soundtrack

Those are all the ones I have too, along with a couple of the track packs. It really sucks having literally half of your DLC tied up in exports right now!

So I finally got my pre order bonus from Best Buy this morning.

Picked up the game yesterday morning. But never got the email like most others did and started freaking out.

Emailed BB yesterday about my problem. Received email this morning with the code. Whew!

ViciousDS

Banned
So I finally got my pre order bonus from Best Buy this morning.

Picked up the game yesterday morning. But never got the email like most others did and started freaking out.

Emailed BB yesterday about my problem. Received email this morning with the code. Whew!

your email still hasn't them lol, it was just a delay in the system

they might give you an extra one now though XD

they just sent mine out as well. I picked mine up 12 hours ago......

Anyone else have songs they know they own prompting them to buy it even when they click on it?

Dozens. I've become more and more irritated at the insistence of PSN saying I need to pay for things I have in my download list (yes, I've tried clicking on them-- it works for most but not all) and many more saying "unavailable" or "unable to complete purchase at this time."

I'm patient enough and it doesn't really bother me since I'm confident they'll fix it in due time, but the amount of time I've spent just trying to download items from my 800-ish song library is frustrating as hell (especially some packs showing up for "purchase" while others require me to download individual tracks only to find they're "unavailable").

Might just wait a week or two and enjoy the on-disc tunes. If Harmonix had a way to allow us to sort DLC tied to our account in-game, or the PS4 library could list add-ons that you own instead of every possible add-on, I'd be eternally grateful, but this is going to be a bitch no matter what way I eventually get all my stuff back.

At least we get to do this in the first place, though. I wouldn't even be in this thread if Harmonix didn't find a way to let us carry DLC over.

One thing that I'm finding really distracting so far is when you get that purple bonus thing while you're playing a song, it makes the entire highway shake for a little bit which always messes with my head.

Yeah, this is my one complaint so far. The effect could be toned back a bit.

Raide

Dozens. I've become more and more irritated at the insistence of PSN saying I need to pay for things I have in my download list (yes, I've tried clicking on them-- it works for most but not all) and many more saying "unavailable" or "unable to complete purchase at this time."

I'm patient enough and it doesn't really bother me since I'm confident they'll fix it in due time, but the amount of time I've spent just trying to download items from my 800-ish song library is frustrating as hell (especially some packs showing up for "purchase" while others require me to download individual tracks only to find they're "unavailable").

Might just wait a week or two and enjoy the on-disc tunes. If Harmonix had a way to allow us to sort DLC tied to our account in-game, or the PS4 library could list add-ons that you own instead of every possible add-on, I'd be eternally grateful, but this is going to be a bitch no matter what way I eventually get all my stuff back.

At least we get to do this in the first place, though. I wouldn't even be in this thread if Harmonix didn't find a way to let us carry DLC over.

Just a way to sort purchased songs would be great. I went through each list over and over adding everything to the RB4 Wishlist. They made it way harder than it should be to access your old DLC.

Alright, my 30 pre-order song code is finally working (UK PS4). Band Camaro and That Handsome Devil on current gen consoles, what a world we live in. A few more songs are up too, although I've only been able to add four that I already own.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
If someone has "Waiting in the End" by Linkin Park, please test it and get back to me if it's OK for you or not...

on my end, the audio and the gameplay for instruments/vocals is desync by atleast 20+25secs..

If it's just me, i'll try to redownload the song, else i'll capture it and send it to harmonix.. lol.

There's two people I've seen that reported this issue, so it's not just you. seems to be something wrong with the actual song.

Delryk

So my preorder 30 free songs thing seem to not work.. (xbox one)

Claimed it... said "You now own the songs" or something like that.. nothing queue'd up or anything.. samething happened with my bro.. anybody knows what's going on?

Sounder2

What do you guys think about the freestyle solos? After playing a few songs I am not sure if I am a big fan of it.

I HATE it. I want to play the song. i dont just want to smash buttons when the best part comes up. I havent done the drums yet but the guitar part sucks. I hope they give us the option to turn them off.

Neil_J_UK

What do you guys think about the freestyle solos? After playing a few songs I am not sure if I am a big fan of it.

I think I will only use it for parties or if friends are round - one of the best things in the game for me is nailing a tough/cool sounding solo.

evil ways

So the RB 1 and 2 songs I exported to my PS3 are still not available? Just to be clear, since only songs I purchased are showing up for me to download freely.

ViciousDS

Banned
I HATE it. I want to play the song. i dont just want to smash buttons when the best part comes up. I havent done the drums yet but the guitar part sucks. I hope they give us the option to turn them off.

they do....just hit your dpad left or right mid song.

or go into the options as the guitar player

its really east to turn them off.

At this point I think I would've rather them delayed the game a week or two and get all this sorted out. As it stands I played for about 30 minutes last night and when I couldn't get some of my old DLC I just went back to playing Destiny.

I agree on all points. I hated activating Overdrive on drums, but thankfully they gave the option to turn off freestyle OD activation in RB3 (I think). I just want to play the chart.

Hypocritically, I love Big Rock Endings.

LaneDS

Only played a little last night and had a terrible time navigating PSN to redownload old DLC. Inside the game songs I had purchased showed up as "free" so I'd purchase them which dropped me to PSN, where I'd confirmed the free purchase but it wouldn't actually download anything. Did that for 20+ songs I found mixed in the song store library. Eventually I hit a song pack I had purchased, and when I did the above it actually did download the songs from it which confirmed my thought that I hadn't actually gotten any of the 20+ I initially "purchased". Going to those songs on PSN gave either errors or "content not found" messages.

Trying to go into PSN and searching for my DLC via the method of listing Rock Band 4 add-ons and filtering on "free" and sorting "price low to high" didn't work any better (saw that method listed online).

Anyone have a similar experience? Any advice?

Aside from that, this is the first time I've had one of the guitars that does auto calibration and that is a super cool feature.

So how am I supposed to fix my preorder bonus songs showing up as Jane?
Go into the music store, see if it triggers an update to the song. Also try rebuilding the music cashe from the pros menu.

Once that has happened, you also may need to uninstall any of the songs that failed to appear, power cycle the console, and then re-download from the marketplace.

Worked for me at least.

Hellers

I emailed Amazon UK to complain about the shoddy treatment over my game and adaptor order. They credited my account with £10. Not much but it`s better than nothing.

I`ve got the game and guitar hopefully coming today.

Only played a little last night and had a terrible time navigating PSN to redownload old DLC. Inside the game songs I had purchased showed up as "free" so I'd purchase them which dropped me to PSN, where I'd confirmed the free purchase but it wouldn't actually download anything.
You have to click the little downward arrow on the screen where you "purchased" the free content.

Still waiting to hear what to do about the songs that say "Purchased" but can't be downloaded (like "Dammit" by Blink-182), though.

I agree on all points. I hated activating Overdrive on drums, but thankfully they gave the option to turn off freestyle OD activation in RB3 (I think). I just want to play the chart.

Hypocritically, I love Big Rock Endings.

I recently found out about this and can't believe i didn't know i could turn off folks in rb3. So in static mode, it actually plays the notes from the song that a free fill would cover up?

LaneDS

You have to click the little downward arrow on the screen where you "purchased" the free content.

Still waiting to hear what to do about the songs that say "Purchased" but can't be downloaded (like "Dammit" by Blink-182), though.

That's where I was getting "content not found" messages or straight up errors. Was really frustrating and I just put it down after that happened repeatedly. Will try again tonight after work.

Why can't I download <insert song name here>?
Some songs are still having issues. Here's a link from Reddit with the currently known problem songs.

Are my new instruments dropping notes or am I just bad?
Updating your instruments' firmware should help. If you're still having trouble with the kick pedal on your drums, try this.

Can I still get export keys? How?
Southcott made a simple guide for RB1/RB2 exports. Here's a link to EA chat.

How do I turn off legacy instruments?
XB1 legacy instruments must have their batteries removed to power them down. Unsure if this is the case on PS4.

How can I download my free pre-order songs without them becoming Jane?
I followed these steps by Mushroomer25 and was able to download my songs without issue.

What are the scoring differences between the new features?
Static fills (playing the track the entire time) give you 2400 points but you can drop combo.
Dynamic fills (gives you a random fill to play) give you 2000 points but you can drop combo.

You can still skip activation on these, just don't hit the final green note.

Freestyle guitar solos give you points both during and after the solo but not as much as playing it normally.

How do I download my previously owned DLC? Is there an easy way of doing it?
Unfortunately, no. To download your legacy DLC, you have to go through the store one by one. If you're on XB1, you can give this a try but few have been successful. Seems to work if you have a low DLC count.

I can't find <insert Rock Band 4 related product> anywhere!
Yep, stock seems pretty limited. Mad Catz has apologized for XB1 shortages.

Can I buy just one guitar? How about a drumset, cymbals or microphone?
Standalone instruments and cymbals won't be available until next year. Sorry.

Can I use my Ions in Rock Band 4?
Surprisingly, yes! PS4 appears to be plug and play with the midi adapter and there's a weird XB1 work around to get it working without pro drum support, too.

How do I use multiple mics on PS4?
For whatever reason, you have to plug them in AFTER you boot the game.

And, for fun, tons of useless facts about the RB4 setlist.

Mainstream Kid is the most unfun shit I've ever played on Rock Band.

Fuck Brandi Carlile, fuck Harmonix and especially fuck the idiot who charted it on guitar.

Top Bottom