• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What happened to Rainy Woods?

Nemesis_

I still have a video from TGS of this title that is alledgedly for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. It really appealed to me as a unique, kinda mind fuck type of horror / mystery game in the vein of Silent Hill albeit a bit more twisted. I wikipedia'd the game and found this: -

The game puts players in the role of a young FBI agent named David Young Henning who is investigating a murder outside the fictional American town of Rainy Woods. David happens to have an alternate personality, Jeter, which the player can control at certain points in the game. The player will be able to cover the town's 8 kilometer diameter by foot or by car, and the game will also feature a day-and-night system with weather changes that will affect the visuals.

Have we seen anything recently or heard about it's progress? The trailer looked interesting, and included some weird shit like a women chained up in a bathroom by barbed wire, to some really fucked up shit like twin old people midgets >_>

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
It looked incredibly hilarious.

I'm guessing E3, but it'll definitely be at TGS.

Nemesis_

It kinda doesn't make sense that the FBI would recruit someone with multiple personalities, does it? >_> But yeah, I guess I was just hoping for someone knowing if it was still in development.

Maybe it jumped ship to the Wii?

Kind of odd that the only PS360 game from MMV is virtually vaporware as it hasn't been mentioned AT ALL, not even in their recent sales forecast, and yet Oboro (Vanillaware's game) was mentioned, but not Rainy Woods!

Also, Suda 51 confirmed that NMH was originally a 360 game, but I think it was MMV that convinced him to make it a Wii game!

Jerid

Banned
Since I cant make threads as a juniour member I wanted to bump the old one that has exactly the same title as I would make.

Here is the TGS 07 trailer for Rainy Woods, which borders on the line of plagarism of Twin Peaks.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-07-rainy-woods/25297

So here we are a year later since this thread was created, and is there any info? I'm dying for more horror games, and wierd games this gen so I'd definately give this a try.

Jerid said:
Since I cant make threads as a juniour member I wanted to bump the old one that has exactly the same title as I would make.

Here is the TGS 07 trailer for Rainy Woods, which borders on the line of plagarism of Twin Peaks.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-07-rainy-woods/25297

So here we are a year later since this thread was created, and is there any info? I'm dying for more horror games, and wierd games this gen so I'd definately give this a try.

I can't remember why, but i'm pretty sure it was canceled. Anyone caqn confirm this, or the opposite?

Dascu

damn, this game looked like it needed a lot of work back in 2007... so if it's still in production, hopefully they've put all that time to good use.

I'm very surprised this isn't vaporware.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
They realized David Lynch was going to sue their asses off.

Gilgamesh

Yeah. Rainy Woods was an awful name. Trailer was cool (in a "we watched a bunch of David Lynch movies and liked these parts" kind of way) aside from the terrible gameplay at the end.

Speedymanic said:
This has now been renamed to Deadly Premonition. Seems they've also changed a few things since we last saw it. :/

It has a new publisher (Ignition) and is now a 360 exclusive.

Teaser Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7iiyTIVKJQ

http://www.vg247.com/2009/11/10/ign...premonition-as-xbox-360-exclusive/#more-66719

Since it's a 360 exclusive you'd think it'd be a good idea to show the 360 version in the trailer

181aq0.jpg

EXGN

Talked to Ignition, they confirmed it was 360 exclusive. When I asked about the PS3 scene in the trailer I was greeted by the most awkward silence I've ever borne witness to.

My guess is it's 360 exclusive in the US and multiplat in Japan/Europe.

jiji said:
It's also the team that did Spy Fiction on PS2. So if that floats your boat...

Well, I never played that game, did it ever reach EU?

False edit: yeah it did, well certainly never saw it around here, dosn't look that bad... :lol

Nasreddin

Was always interested because of the atmosphere of the first trailer. Still looking forward to the game, but the shooting sequence looked very strange and graphics are ugly as hell. I don't have any clue what this game may be about. :D

I keep reading the name as "Randy Wood" and immediately think of the penny arcade character.

20060315.jpg

Then I think of urine covered pubic hair. I don't think I want this game.

Then I watched the video.

randomwab

LiquidSwords said:
Oh, and I forgot to mention one crucial element of the Deadly Premonition announcement.
MSRP = $19.99

-Shane

People have jokingly said it before, but this time it is earned......you are a Mangod. This is seriously amazing news, I've been waiting on this for ages.

Any release date?

Top Bottom