• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

Banned
Ballroom E Youkoso 22

a5f04ad051.jpg

I'm dead

Watari-kun no xx ga Houkai Sunzen 1-9 END

I was wondering why there hasn't been any updates to this manga and it turns out it got axed and ended at 9 with an ending that doesn't seem like an ending at all. Shame.

Zweizer

Banned
Right? What a bloody tease.

Im not buying the sob story though. Zero coincidence of the recent meeting then.
There is more going on than revealed. Too paranoid for this sort of thing so maybe its just me.

Yeah, hopefully it's something more than what it seems. It'd be pretty disappointing and pointless otherwise.

So THAT doujin has come up in the Linkle thread. More innocents corrupted.

It'll just expand their horizons~

Ohohohoho~

There's a Murcielago motion comic, and it's translated too

The translation isn't too good though, heh

Looks pretty neat. Hopefully it'll get the anime it deserves sooner than later.

I was wondering why there hasn't been any updates to this manga and it turns out it got axed and ended at 9 with an ending that doesn't seem like an ending at all. Shame.

Wait, really? Shit, how disappointing.

I'm not having the easiest time making sense of the author's twitter and blog, but it seems like it's just on hiatus following a magazine change or something. Google translate on the blog gives me:

Series of "Watari-kun no xx ga Houkai Sunzen", we moved the published magazine.
Listings in Young Ace until no. released June 4, continued is published scheduled for other journals.
Series resume time, published magazines, book (previously published Volume 1, and Volume 2 release of the new book) etc. For more information about I create a separate article.

Umibozu

Delusional Love 1
It's about a young teacher with a wife and daughter. He's a new teacher at a school and in his class is the principal's daughter. After a month he notices the principal's daughter keeps to herself, so he tries to get more involved with her. There is something off about her, she might be a yandere and she might have her sights on him.

Hope this doesn't get too dark. Wouldn't like it if by trying to create drama they put the teacher's family in harms way, but with the direction it seems to be taking there doesn't seem to be much of an alternative.

Zweizer

Banned
Whoo, glad to see dani's great HinaHitomatsuri review on the banner~

Looking at the various impressions, damn, Turin really went wild.

dramatis

Ballroom E Youkoso 22

I'm dead
I liked Ballroom e Youkoso back in its beginning, but as the chapters went on it just feels like a lot of sexist shit makes up the character arcs and storylines. It's sort of ironic to me how other people seem to like the 'humor' a lot.

It's only a pity that the art seems nice and it's about ballroom dance, which is a fairly uncommon topic in manga I suppose. Then again it pales in comparison to the real stuff, so maybe not that much of a loss.

That name what is its shorthand?

Gun-Ota it looks like
I like the literal title:
When a Gun Nerd is Reincarnated to a World of Magic, He established a Harem army with Modern Weapons!?

I liked Ballroom e Youkoso back in its beginning, but as the chapters went on it just feels like a lot of sexist shit makes up the character arcs and storylines. It's sort of ironic to me how other people seem to like the 'humor' a lot.

It's only a pity that the art seems nice and it's about ballroom dance, which is a fairly uncommon topic in manga I suppose. Then again it pales in comparison to the real stuff, so maybe not that much of a loss.

I kinda feel that I lost the hype for Ballroom e Youkoso
I mean it still looks amazing but I started to not really like the direction the story's been going back on whatever chapter I last read
probably doesn't help another dance series stole my heart

Kieli

All he has to do is justify it by having Soma show some kind of insight into Eizan's character, but given that Soma's primary characteristic is being fucking oblivious, that doesn't seem likely.

I'm kind of okay with it turning out that Eizan's merciless pride in crushing Soma's spirit ends up being his downfall. Assuming this is like every other manga ever written, Eizan will get an "about to be defeated" flashback that will explain a lot of why he's acting like he is.

I dunno, Soma has bucked the trend on occasion. You guys were adamant that he would win the Autumn festival, but he didn't. And even earlier, you guys were complaining about how Soma would save Tadokoro from former #1 seat, but she had to save herself (with some help, of course).

I'm not too bothered with the developments because I'm not desperate for the manga to bring some particularly insightful philosophy about cooks and motivation nor am I hoping for subversion of tropes for the sake of subversion.

At its heart, Soma is a shonen. Occasionally, it'll rise beyond that, but it's mostly dumb fun and that's perfectly fine with me.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I dunno, Soma has bucked the trend on occasion. You guys were adamant that he would win the Autumn festival, but he didn't. And even earlier, you guys were complaining about how Soma would save Tadokoro from former #1 seat, but she had to save herself (with some help, of course).

I'm not too bothered with the developments because I'm not desperate for the manga to bring some particularly insightful philosophy about cooks and motivation nor am I hoping for subversion of tropes for the sake of subversion.

At its heart, Soma is a shonen. Occasionally, it'll rise beyond that, but it's mostly dumb fun and that's perfectly fine with me.

My recollection is most of us saying he wouldn't win the Election Arc, actually.

bobohoro

Obviously at least one of the developers read PIG, which gave birth to Linkle. It'd be unfair to ShindoL to deny his contribution!

The only likeable explanation, really.
Hope he shows up in the credits.

Assassination Classroom 164

So, uh, why didn't you fully charge your lance, deploy the shield and annihalite him with the first shot?
World leaders are dumb.

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 100

The way any first date should go. Fish-dad was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom