• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Game of 2016 (Voting has been over for weeks)

Qwark

1. Digimon Cyber Sleuth
2. Ratchet & Clank
2. No Man's Sky
3. Uncharted 4
4. The Last Guardian
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn
6. Persona 5
7. Cuphead
8. Scalebound
9.ReCore
10. Fire Emblem: Fates

redcrayon

1) Fire Emblem Fates: FE always keeps me occupied for hundreds of hours. Something about managing a larger force in an SRPG rather than the typical 4-6 units really appeals to me. I spend ages just tinkering with the army.

2) Legend of Zelda WiiU: I've been waiting for this for so long now. I love having a horse and roaming around with a map.

3) Star Fox Zero: Lylat Wars is one of my favourites, and this looks closer to it than any of the other Starfox games in the last fifteen years.

4) Dragon Quest VII: The 3DS port of this is another game I feel like I've been waiting for ages to play. I've heard good things about it and can't wait.

5) Bravely Default 2: While I thought the first game had serious flaws, it also had real potential and a great battle system- I hope the stuff that led me to almost just give up and charge through to the end in the first one gets rounded out in the sequel.

6) Toukiden 2
7) Darkest Dungeon
8) Salt & Sanctuary
9) Twilight Princess HD
10) Dragon Quest vIII

lingse22

Neo Member
1. Dark Souls 3: Souls series is one of my favorites along with MGS and TLOU so this was easily #1 for me. Plus it may be the last one for a long while. I'm okay with that though as I don't want them to run the series into the ground.

2. Uncharted 4: Huge fan of Naughty Dog and the games they make, can't wait to play this one ans find out how the story of Nate and company ends.

3. The Last Guardian: ICO. Shadow of the Colossus. Enough said.

4. Horizon Zero Dawn: Excited to see Guerrilla Games doing something new and this one looks great so far. I'm sold on it, blackout for me until release.

5. The Witness: Loved Braid and I'm really excited for what Jon has in store for us with this one. Been waiting a long time for this games release.

6. Salt & Sanctuary: With the Souls series being one of my favorites this one looks really appealing to me as it takes a lot from the series with 2D limitations.

7. Rime: Love the aesthetic of this game and the world they seem to be building.

8. Zelda Wii U: Zelda fan for a long time, not the biggest fan but I really enjoy the games and can't wait to see what they can do with the power of the Wii U and this large world they're creating.

9. Mirrors Edge Catalyst: Was a big fan of the first entry and am excited they decided to give the franchise another go. Can't wait to play it and see what improvements have been made.

10. Firewatch: Amazing art direction and I love how your just this guy starting out in this new job where you're alone other than your boss on a walkie, cool idea to me, very interested in how the story unfolds in this one.

famfrit

1. Persona 5
2. Dark Souls 3
3. Last Guardian
4. Ni no kuni 2
5. Shin Megami Tensei 4 Final
6. Final Fantasy XV
7. Valkyria Azure Revolution
8. Fire Emblem Fates
9. The Legend of Zelda U
10. Star Ocean 5

nib95

Banned
Rime doesn't have a release date yet, but you're right, it will most likely come out in 2016. But again, per OP rules, it shouldn't be included in any list. However, I feel as though a lot of "confirmed" 2016 games will be delayed to 2017. It's weird, but it's better having something rather than assuming.

It doesn't have a release date, but most sites and articles have it pegged for TBA 2016, which per the OP is sufficient.

Alright, time to throw my hat in the ring I think.

1.) Mass Effect: Andromeda : The Mass Effect franchise is far and away the best I've experienced in gaming. I'll never forget the original trilogy and the moments it created for me, so starting fresh in a new galaxy with new characters, improved combat, tons of planets to explore and discover, a new and improved Mako, all in that gorgeous Frosbite 3 is an extremely tantalizing thought. Can't come fast enough baby.

2.) Horizon: Zero Dawn : What's been shown so far completely sold me on it. The world looks interesting, the idea of surviving in a post-apocalyptic world where society's decayed while advanced robots have flourished is intriguing, the environment is beautiful, the combat looks like a ton of fun and I'm already in love with Aloy. Bring it Guerrilla.

3.) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : One of my favorite series and everything from the story premise, the insane setpiece moments and incredible writing and voice acting puts this near the top for me once again. And holy shit, dialogue choices!

4.) Gears of War 4 : I wasn't too impressed with the debut gameplay footage, it felt a bit "safe", but I fully trust in Rod Fergusson and chalk that up to just being a very early prototype of the final thing, which it was. Extremely excited to get back in Gears action.

5.) Persona 5 : This will actually be my first Persona but I've watched and read quite a lot on prior games and can't believe I ignored them for so long as they look right up my alley. Looking forward to finally jumping in.

6.) Quantum Break : Remedy is one of my favorite studios, I absolutely loved Max Payne and Alan Wake. The demos of this looked great and the premise is pretty unique. I'm actually looking forward to the television bits as well. Bring on April.

7.) Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : Another one of my favorite franchises. Eidos did damn fine work with Human Revolution and I loved that 20 minute demo around E3 time. It helps that Jensen's a fucking badass.

8.) Firewatch : I'm a huge narrative guy when it comes to games. The demo sold me on it just as well, with a unique setting (Wyoming wilderness), an interesting protagonist (an almost-divorced park ranger with alcohol issues), fantastic writing and voice acting and a creepy story (something strange is going on in that wilderness). Can not wait for February.

9.) Dark Souls III : I wrote off the Souls series for so long. I finally sucked it up and played Bloodborne this year and fell in love with the game's design. I know that wasn't technically a "Souls" game, but it's pretty close. With Miyazaki at the helm again, it's a day one purchase now.

10.) Final Fantasy XV : It's been a looong time since I've been excited for a Final Fantasy game. I despised the FFXIII series of games and I'm not into online games (FFXIV), but after playing Episode Duscae, hell yea I'm down. A real, full blown, story driven FF game with a friggin gorgeous engine? I'm in.

Turkoop

Banned
Soo, its time for this again.

1. The Last Guardian: Well I have nothing to say, I cried last E3 when this has been announced, and I will cry when I play this game.

Ec0BR7K.jpg

2. Horizon: Zero Dawn: As I saw the first footage at E3, I was blown away.. This could be Sony's best RPG title ever! And yeah, I cried when I saw this!

RHoMmrI.png

3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: Nothing to say. Masterpiece.
wPw48RU.jpg

4. No Mans Sky: Well, this game is exactly what I need, just turn the head off and explore some unique planets.
nL0hAGJ.jpg

5. Mafia 3: When I saw at Gamescom the private presentation, dude, this Game looks sick! I was within few seconds in love with Hangar 13s first game.
n2ch5xL.jpg

6. The Division: A lot of shitstorm was on this title in the last months, I know there will be a downgrade but I like the concept and the idea, it's like Destiny, just bigger and better. C'mon Ubi!
HvqQ1NY.jpg

7. Far Cry Primal: All what I have to say is the setting of this game, awesome!
HOwCigh.jpg

8. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2: I really enjoyed the prequel, it was a lot of fun to play and really liked the Art Design of it.
a8XHCjh.jpg

9. Alienation: Helldivers + Destiny, thats exactly what I need.
stRABTc.jpg

10. Kingdom Come: Deliverance: Back at Gamescom when I saw the presentation, it blew my mind! Great world, fantastic tech and a interesting story.
wpNYHRd.jpg

Honorable Mentions:
Mirrors Edge: Catalyst
Yooka Laylee
Hitman
GT Sport
Firewatch
Hellblade
Abzu

Uthred

1. Persona 5 : Been looking forward to this for too long
2. XCOM 2 : Really enjoyed the previous one and its expansion, this looks to improve on it and the setup is interesting.
3. Dark Souls III : While I preferred the Cthulhu mythos inspired world of Bloodborne I'm interested to see how this turns out especially as its meant to be the last
4. Horizon Zero Dawn : I thought I was bored with dinosaurs, clearly I just needed them to be robotic
5. Final Fantasy XV : I'd buy it just to see the other summon animations
6. Digimon Cyber Sleuth :
7. Yakuza 0 : Cant believe its getting localised
8. Total War Warhammer : The Warhammer game I've always wanted
9. Torment: PoE got me back in the mood for this type of game, this setting looks more interesting and hopefully the story doesnt shit itself in the final act
10. Zero Escape 3 : I need that cliffhanger sorted out

Honourable mentions:

Cyberpunk 2077: Loved the P&P RPG, if I actually thought CPR could get this out next year it would be very high on my list

No Man's Sky : Honestly my excitement for this has grown stale due to over-exposure

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen: Played the shit out of the original and Dark Arisen, still getting this Day 1

Street Fighter V: Would be on the list if a) I had some local competition and b) my connection wasnt shit

nib95

Banned
Alright, time to throw my hat in the ring I think.

1.) Mass Effect: Andromeda : The Mass Effect franchise is far and away the best I've experience in gaming. I'll never forget the original trilogy and the moments it created for me, so starting fresh in a new galaxy with new characters, improved combat, tons of planets to explore and discover, a new and improved Mako, all in that gorgeous Frosbite 3 is an extremely tantalizing thought. Can't come fast enough baby.

2.) Horizon: Zero Dawn : What's been shown so far completely sold me on it. The world looks interesting, the idea of surviving in a post-apocalyptic world where society's decayed while advanced robots have flourished is intriguing, the environment is beautiful, the combat looks like a ton of fun and I'm already in love with Aloy. Bring it Guerrilla.

3.) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : One of my favorite series and everything from the story premise, the insane setpiece moments and incredible writing and voice acting puts this near the top for me once again.

4.) Gears of War 4 : I wasn't too impressed with the debut gameplay footage, it felt a bit "safe", but I fully trust in Rod Fergusson and chalk that up to just being a very early prototype of the final thing, which it was. Extremely excited to get back in Gears action.

5.) Persona 5 : This will actually be my first Persona but I've watched and read quite a lot on prior games and can't believe I ignored them for so long as they look right up my alley. Looking forward to finally jumping in.

6.) Quantum Break : Remedy is one of my favorite studios, I absolutely loved Max Payne and Alan Wake. The demos of this looked great and the premise is pretty unique. I'm actually looking forward to the television bits as well. Bring on April.

7.) Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : Another one of my favorite franchises. Eidos did damn fine work with Human Revolution and I loved that 20 minute demo around E3 time. It helps that Jensen's a fucking badass.

8.) Firewatch : I'm a huge narrative guy when it comes to games. The demo sold me on it just as well, with a unique setting (Wyoming wilderness), an interesting protagonist (an almost-divorced park ranger with alcohol issues), fantastic writing and voice acting and a creepy story (something strange is going on in that wilderness). Can not wait for February.

9.) Dark Souls III : I wrote off the Souls series for so long. I finally sucked it up and played Bloodborne this year and fell in love with the game's design. I know that wasn't technically a "Souls" game, but it's pretty close. With Miyazaki at the helm again, it's a day one purchase now.

10.) Final Fantasy XV : It's been a looong time since I've been excited for a Final Fantasy game. I despised the FFXIII series of games and I'm not into online games (FFXIV), but after playing Episode Duscae, hell yea I'm down. A real, full blown, story driven FF game with a friggin gorgeous engine? I'm in.

I was waiting for your list dude. Definitely a solid list, and not surprised to see ME4 at the top! :p I think I may have been too hard on Gears 4 for it's initial showing, and didn't actually realise Rod Fergusson was heading Coalition. Hope you're right and that it does turn out great, because it was definitely one of my favourite franchises on the 360. May even edit my list to sneak it back in, but what they showed at E3 really was not that compelling.

Heero5

1. Bravely Second
2. Dragon Quest VII
3. Dragon Quest VIII
4. Fire Emblem Fates
5. The Last Guardian
6. Zelda U
7. Starfox Zero

I was waiting for your list dude. Definitely a solid list, and not surprised to see ME4 at the top! :p I think I may have been too hard on Gears 4 for it's initial showing, and didn't actually realise Rod Fergusson was heading Coalition. Hope you're right and that it does turn out great, because it was definitely one of my favourite franchises on the 360. May even edit my list to sneak it back in, but what they showed at E3 really was not that compelling.

Yea it certainly wasn't that compelling to me either but like I said, with Rod at the helm and that demo being extremely early, I hold a lot of high hope for it. I think they know what they're doing. The fact that they got that much up to snuff to be able to play the thing at E3 less than 18 months after acquiring the series is impressive.

BTM

1) Crackdown 3
2) Quantum Break
3) Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2
4) Sea of Thieves
5) Scalebound
6) Recore
7) Cuphead
8) Destiny 2
9) Halo Wars 2
10) No Man's Sky

Yes! Most Anticipated Games of 2016 voting time!

1. Persona 5: Easily one of my most anticipated games ever. Loved everything about Persona 4. Its one of the few last great JRPG experiences that made me feel like I was really exploring its world & cast of characters. Been looking forward to Persona 5 since even before it was announced (I never lost hope).

2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: It wasn't until I had the pleasure of seeing a few story beats from the single player this weekend, as well as getting plenty of playtime with the MP beta, that I realized just how amazing this game is seemingly turning out to be. After realizing that ND was exploring dialogue choices in its narrative, my interest immediately shot up, as I now realize we're getting something very different with this installment.

3. Mass Effect:Andromeda: I've been looking forward to deep-space sci-fi games with an equal emphasis on character building & exploration. Its been a void that hasn't been filled since Mass Effect 3. I'm looking forward to jumping back into the galaxy, particularly with the new set of tech Bioware has at its disposal with Frostbite.

4. Street Fighter 5: I'm a huge fan of the Street Fighter series, as well as fighting games in general. I've spent quite a bit of time playing both of SFV's betas, and it honestly feels like one of the most robust, fun fighting games I have ever played. Really looking forward to seeing how this game is going to take off.

5. X-Com 2: I never played the X-Com series until 2012's Enemy Unknown, so I didn't really know what I was getting when I gave that game a try. It became an obsession with me, as many of the choices I had to make, both in the moment to moment gameplay and in the base-management, became heavier to the point where I was enraptured with the game. Its easily one of the most compelling games i've played in the last 5 years, and I can't wait to see how they improve on EU in this sequel.

6. Ni-Oh: I mean, this game seems like one of the most perfect combination of concepts since Peanut Butter & Jelly. Onimusha-inspired Souls game? I didn't know how much I wanted it until someone showed it to me.

7. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: Deux Ex 2011 really surprised me with its world & approach. There really hasn't been anything like it, save for some of the open-approach levels in Killzone Shadow Fall. Heres hoping next year's sequel improves upon all the things I loved about Deus Ex 2011.

8. Horizon:Until Dawn: As far as new IPs go, Horizon has had an amazing sales pitch. They announced it with gameplay, and it seemed to tick off all the gameplay boxes I find myself really gravitating towards currently in my gaming habits. If this game hits next year, and it lives up to everything they've laid out for us thus far, this is easily one of my candidates for strongest new IPs for the generation.

9. Destiny 2: Destiny has become one of my daily gaming rituals with my group of friends, and it just seems to pull more & more of my group of friends in with each passing month. At this point, its become a perfect way to unwind after a long day. Since we know some piece of major retail content is meant to be coming in the fall of 2016, i've included it in my 9th place. However, if it doesn't qualify since it hasn't been 'officially' announced, i'd like to have Gears of War 4: as my back up.

10. No Man's Sky: This is seemingly that one elusive catch-all Sci-Fi game that seems to have something to offer to anyone who is even remotely a fan of the genre. The possibilities with this game are endless, and i'm hoping the final release can live up to some, if not most of them.

1. Persona 5: PS4
2. Rez Infinite: PSVR
3. Yakuza Zero
4. Dishonored 2
5. No Man's Sky: PS4
6. Uncharted 4: Still need to beat the UCC before I give this one a playthrough but still hyped
7. Horizon Zero Dawn
8. The Witness: PS4
9. The Last Guardian
10. Firewatch: PS4

But truth be told there's at least 30 games I am genuinely looking forward to playing in 2016

KazenY2J

1: Uncharted 4
2: Horizon: Zero Dawn
3: Persona 5
4: Gears of War 4
5: Street Fighter V
6: Mass Effect: Andromeda
7: DOOM
8: Dark Souls 3
9: Final Fantasy XV
10: Mafia 3

Stike

1. Dreams : The be-all and end-all of all games. Will create games from the moment this comes out :-D
2. Shadow of the Beast : Yeah, I know I am nuts. I just waited 26 years for this... dream come true. Now my next Amiga retro dream game is Turrican HD or whatever it may be called...
3. Horizon Zero Dawn : This has HUGE potential, and I love open world RPGs
4. Uncharted 4 : One last time...
5. No Man's Sky : This may be the end of my spare time. Time for retirement.
6. Alienation : Diablo with guns. From Housemarque. Any more questions?
7. The Last Guardian : Tears will be shed
8. Final Fantasy XV : After X and XII finally again a FF worth diving into (IMHO)
9. Persona 5 : Need.
10. Ni-Oh : This game is so damn back with a vengeance. Awesome!

Looking at everyone's list there are a lot of good games coming in 2016. But I can only list 10, any game on the top 10 last year loses points to me. Wait too long and my anticipation dwindles to the point you fall off the list *cough* Zelda WiiU *cough* No Man's Sky *cough*

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn- sadly this is the game I fear most will be delayed this year. Has any Sony exclusive not been delayed this gen? I remember when news of this game leaked and I wished it was true. Don't pinch me, Robot Dinosaurs my god...

2. Mass Effect: Andromeda- even though we barely know anything about the game it's a Mass Effect game. 2 was one of my favorite games last gen. i can't wait to see what's next

3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided- does every title have a colon? This delay was bad news to me but if it makes for a better game I'm all for it. Fixed boss fight equal greatness

4. Quantum Break: the game looked interesting before but adding in the actors and tv segments really added uniqueness and personality to an otherwise generic looking action game.

5. Uncharted 4: I'm not putting any more colons for subtitles. This is as low as I can drop this game.

6. Crackdown 4: I didn't buy crackdown for the halo beta

7. Doom: the E3 demo was amazing to me. Fast enough but not so fast there's no thinking involved

8. Mafia 3: the setting and main character is enough to intrigue me

9. Gears of war 4: cause it's gears

10. Dishonored 2: in the same vein as Deus Ex, I love the story based, player freedom style.

iMkh

Neo Member
  1. Final Fantasy XV: This game, man... Clearly my most anticipated game ever. Never played any Final Fantasy game before and I'm pretty late on this game considering I know it only since the Jump Fest 2014 trailer. I know, that's weird... but fucking hell does this game looks amazing. This game seems to represent all I want from a modern video game. I already love the characters, the music (Yoko Shimomura <3), the lore... I bought Type-0 HD just for the demo and thought it was great despite some issues with the combat (even with the 2.0 update). This game has an enormous potential. I hope the story can keep up with the rest. Please. Please be good.
  2. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U): Hmm, I mean... it's a new Zelda. Isn't a good reason already? I'm still amazed that they managed to make an art style as cool as in the 2012 tech demo.
  3. Gravity Rush Remastered: Don't have a Vita sadly but the gameplay looks promising and I really like the character design! Excited for the sequel as well.
  4. Horizon Zero Dawn: Looks great. Hope we see more environments but overall I'm pretty excited.
  5. The Last Guardian: SotC is GOAT but I didn't really get into Ico. We'll see.
  6. No Man's Sky: The concept is amazing and I'm very interested to see how it'll turn out!
  7. Genei Ibun Roku #FE: Never played Fire Emblem nor Persona/SMT (yeah, I know :/). But I surprisingly liked the music and the combat we've seen thus far looks pretty fun, I guess we'll just see.
  8. NieR Automata: Once again, I'm new to the franchise but the gameplay looks amazing and I like this robot-panty girl.
  9. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD: Excited to (re)play this in HD.
  10. ReCore: We need more on this but the CGI trailer appealed to me. That's pretty rare.

Ostinatto

1. The Last Guardian
2. Persona 5
3. The Legend of Zelda U
4. Dark Souls III
5. Street Fighter V
6. Nier automata
7. Uncharted 4
8. Final Fantasy XV
9. Gran Turismo Sport
10. CupHead

J-Skee

1.) Horizon: Zero Dawn: Well, well, well, Guerilla, where have you been all this time? This game looks like a dream.

2.) The Last Guardian: My faith in Fumito Ueda has yet to waver. I truly believe that this will be every bit as good as Ico & Shadow of the Colossus. The wait just has to be worth it, right?

3.) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: The final entry to one of my favorite franchises by my favorite developer. The recent footage shown has been sublime & I could only hope that the final product matches the impressive visuals.

4.) The Legend of Zelda (Wii U): The one game that could finally get me to purchase a Nintendo home console. This may be the first open world entry in the series, but this same series is also the architect to so many other franchises. You better believe that others will take from this entry as well.

5.) Street Fighter V: The true king of fighters returns. SFIV revitalized the fighting game genre & this entry will seek to push it further. If Street Fighter can survive as a platform, just imagine the possibilities.

6.) Persona 5: This is the first Persona game I have really paid attention to. It doesn't take itself too seriously & the focus of high school kids as supernatural cat burglars has me intrigued.

7.) Hyper Light Drifter: I knew when I first saw this that it was something special. I know my backer money is going to developers that deeply cares about video games & who promises to deliver on making a great game.

8.) Ni-Oh: Onimusha meets Souls? Count me in.

9.) EVE: Valkyrie: VR is set to explode in 2016 & this could be the flagship game for it. The recent announcement that this will be bundled with the Oculus Rift shows how much faith everyone has in it.

10.) Dishonored 2: The first entry, in my opinion, was masterful in it's gameplay. Now with new, interesting powers & two protagonists, I can't wait to see what's in store.

LGom09

1. Zelda Wii U
2. Dark Souls III
3. The Last Guardian
4. Street Fighter V
5. Twilight Princess HD
6. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
7. Scalebound
8. The Witness
9. NieR: Automata
10. Horizon: Zero Dawn

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
1. Mass Effect: Andromeda
2. X-COM 2
3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
4. Legend of Zelda Wii U
6. ReCore
7. The Division

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
1. Hellblade
2. The Revolution 1979
3. Uncharted 4
4. Shroud of the Avatar
5. Firewatch
6. Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
7. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
8. Styx: Shards of Darkness
9. Prey For The Gods
10. Batman game by Telltale

Paganmoon

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn
2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
3. Uncharted 4
4. Hellblade
5. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
6. Deus Ex: Mankind divided
7. Battlezone (PSVR)
8. Ratchet and Clank
9. Adr1ft
10. No Man's Sky

Is Mass Effect: Andromeda eligible? See it mentioned in some top 10's, but afaik, there is no release date, not even TBA2016.

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda
2. Firewatch
3. Resident Evil Zero remaster
4. Dark Souls III
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. Uncharted 4
7. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
8. Dishonoured 2
9. Overkill's The Walking Dead
10. What remains of Edith Finch

NSESN

1 Zelda Wii U
2 Ace Attorney 6
3 Fire Emblem Fates
4 Persona 5
5 Street Fighter V
6 Shin Megami Tensei IV final
7 Horizon
8 Final Fantasy XV

libregkd

HZrFQUS.png

1. Persona 5 : Persona franchise is easily one of my favorite RPG franchises out there and Persona 5 looks like such a huge leap from Persona 4. The game is oozing with style and personality and it seems to be twisting the game formula that was found in Persona 3/4 to it's benefit. I was super bummed about this being moved to a nebulous 'Late 2016' but honestly I can wait. With as much amazing stuff seems to be out in 2016, Persona 5 will probably be the one I will put the most time into.

d05UGdl.png

2. The Last Guardian : Man, this is a game I never thought I'd be putting up on one of these lists. There isn't much for me to say really, I'm a huge fan of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus and seeing this game get re-revealed with a gameplay demonstration was all I needed to see to be back on board.

wnCiOhs.png

3. Horizon Zero Dawn : Probably the game that came out of nowhere for me on this list. Game looks gorgeous, gameplay looks fun, and just the whole concept of the game has me super excited by it. It's be Guerrilla's first RPG so I'm a bit cautious about it but they seemed to have gone and hired the talent (people from Obsidian, CDPR, etc.) to try and make this possible so I'm optimistic that they'll be able to pull it off.

Fngptuf.png

4. Uncharted 4 : Another game that was on my Anticipated 2015 list. There also isn't much else to say besides it's Uncharted. The new footage they've shown throughout the year has all looked phenomenal and I can't wait to get my hands on Naughty Dog's latest game and their last go around at Uncharted.

xBu9IJJ.png

5. Gravity Rush 2 : The original Gravity Rush was full of charm and had a solid framework for a potential sequel. It was probably my favorite original game released on the Vita so seeing it given a second chance on the PS4 has me happy. The sequel looks really good and they are doing some real neat stuff with added gameplay mechanics + the game just looks gorgeous when it has the power of a PS4 to work with.

8BUfNKd.png

6. Final Fantasy XV : I'm a big Final Fantasy fan and this game has had a troubled history. It makes this game an odd one as I've been exciting and anticipating it just as much as I've been anxious and down on it. In either case I can't wait for the game to be out and find out if it has that old FF magic that I love or not. It'd be a nice chapter to finally close.

AvutxXX.png

7. Mass Effect: Andromeda : The Mass Effect trilogy is probably one of my favorite trilogies last gen, with ME2 possibly being one of my favorite games to come out on the 360/PS3. I love the world the ME series built and I'm really curious to see how BioWare will be handling this newest entry with a new galaxy and new cast of characters.

D0ugrCw.png

8. No Man's Sky : I've cooled on this game a bit, or maybe it's because 2016 looks to be much more interesting than 2015 when it was on my list last year, but I'm still extremely excited for this game. Now that it has got a solid date the waiting game is much more bearable now.

xss1fF0.png

9. Dreams : This is honestly everything I expected out of an evolution of the LBP formula. Tools looks very intuitive (much more so than LBP) and while I'm expecting the 'campaign' segment of the game to be something on par with the original LBP games, that isn't going to stop me from being super excited with the user created stuff. I have a feeling those things will be much more interesting and exciting to see than even the LBP user created stuff. There is just so much you can do with the tools they give you that I feel the amount and variety of stuff you'll see get created in Dreams will surpass what LBP was able to do.

N7HZYfT.png

10. Kingdom Hearts 2.8 : I'm Kingdom Hearts trash and it's one of my guilty gaming pleasures over the last few years. I'm not terribly excited for the 3D remaster that is included in this but the inclusion of a new playable story from Aqua's perspective while running on the KH3 engine has enough for me to be looking forward to this release.

Honorable mentions: Deus Ex, Mirror's Edge, Ratchet and Clank, The Witness, Firewatch, Dark Souls III, Zero Escape, Ni-Oh, and probably more I'm forgetting. 2016 seems packed.

AaronB

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: the clear winner; what we've seen looks incredible, could be the Wii U's big finish
2. Total War Warhammer: I'm a huge Warhammer fan, and this looks fantastic
3. Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2: looks like a great fun casual shooter now with single-player
4. Final Fantasy XV: looks epic, but I'm not certain it will all come together
5. Mass Effect Andromeda: really want to see more
6. Scalebound: it's Platinum, and it has dragons
7. Horizon Zero Dawn: looks too amazing not to add
8. Uncharted 4: see above
9. Ratchet and Clank: another looker
10. Pokken Tournament: a nice twist on fighting games

Honorable Mentions:
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
Persona 5
The Witness
Final Fantasy Explorers
Star Fox Zero
Crackdown 3
Full Throttle
No Man's Sky

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
1. Dark Souls III ; My favourite franchise of all-time from my favourite developer, this is a no-brainer. I can't get enough of Souls and I can't wait to sink hundreds of hours into this one and make tons of new characters over and over. Give me moar!

2. Cosmic Star Heroine ; Proud backer and I've been
im
patiently waiting for this since day one. I expect this to be the next best thing to Phantasy Star V. No pressure, Zeboyd Games. ;) To build my hype even more I finally got around to playing Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World, and they're pretty fun, so I have complete faith. (Again, no pressure! xD)

3. Horizon: Dawn Zero ; Not 100% sure it's gonna be a 2016 release to be honest... but it looks incredibly promising and hitting all the right notes.

4. Dishonored 2 ; I recently played the first one so I was a bit late to the party, but I greatly enjoyed it, as well as the DLCs.

5. Salt & Sanctuary ; a 2D Dark Souls/Metroidvania? Yes please.

6. Death's Gambit ; see above xD

7. CrossCode ; 2D indie Zelda/Ys-like game that I gladly backed. They have an amazing gameplay demo with fun combat and cool puzzles, can't wait for the final game.

8. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PC) ; Played it tons on PS3, even made an alt PSN for a second character, but I'll play it again on PC since even my aging card is stronger than a PS3 and I can finally experience this without technical issues. Should be great!

9. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided ; really enjoyed Human Revolution, so this should be solid. Though my graphic card won't be able to handle this... hopefully my boyfriend will upgrade his PC so I can play on his xD (he refuses to play it on console, he wants mouse/kb). It's one of his more anticipated titles so I might play it in 2016 after all, but I'm not sure.

10. NiOh ; I am really not confident in a 2016 release, but it qualifies... sounds like it'd be right up my alley, so I'm definitely paying attention to this and hope the 2016 date is real.

-------

Honourable mentions (either games I am interested in, but a) don't expect in 2016 whatsoever, b) no release date are even confirmed (so disqualified), c) I am interested in checking out but don't know enough or haven't played the prequels or whatever, or d) I am simply not that hyped about them for them to make the top 10 cut;
x. Uncharted 4
x. La-Mulana 2
x. Rime
x. Ys 8
x. Xanadu Next
x. Eitr
x. Gravity Rush 2
x. Firewatch

lol @ people listing The Last Guardian, FFXV and No Man's Sky. I don't even care about them whatsoever, but honestly, I'll believe it when I see it. (Hey, if it releases in 2016 I'll happily eat crow...)

7. Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter -- Last one was actually good, hope Frogwares can finally keep it up.
9. Styx: Shards of Darkness
Thanks to this thread, I now learned that these two things exist! Cool, I enjoyed the previous iterations, flawed as they were. If they can fix the performance issues in the sequels and make some minor improvements, that'd be awesome. I'm a bit skeptical about 2016 for Styx though, seems early.

mugwhump

1) Zelda U: Amazing art style with what will probably be the most solid core mechanics of any 2015/2016 open world game
2) The Last Guardian: Ico and SotC were some of the most beautiful things I've ever experienced, despite its troubled development I believe in TLG
but I'm not convinced it'll release 2016
3) SFV: Capcom Cup made me mad hyped, I'll basically be jumping into the series with this.
4) Persona 5: what can I say I gotta have my waifus
5) Fire Emblem Fates: what can I say I gotta have my waifus
6) Dark Souls 3: Miyazaki's back bby. Ready to finally experience that DaS2 lighting
7) Dragon's Dogma PC: This counts right? Held off getting it for 360 because I always believed. Now my faith shall be rewarded!
8) Scalebound: I have no xboner but the game simply looks fun as fuck. Looking forward to Kamiya's return to action-adventure.
9) NieR: The creator sounds like a crazy motherfucker and I appreciate that.
10) FFXV: idk looks cool lol

TheJoRu

1. Zelda Wii U
2. The Witness
3. Uncharted 4
4. Mass Effect: Andromeda
6. Persona 5
7. Star Fox Zero
8. Yooka-Laylee
9. Gears of War 4
10. Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

Mr. Tibbs

1. Mafia 3.
2. Torment Tides of Numenera
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
4. Shadow Warrior 2
5. Last Guardian
6. Quantum Break
7. Hitman
8. Dark Souls III
9. XCOM 2
10. Persona 5

hemtae

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U : I know very little about this other than it's open world but I'm still hyped because its favorite franchise and it looks like they're putting the works into it. After they were able to right the handheld ship with A Link Between Worlds, I'm hoping this can be similar for console Zeldas even though I liked Skyward Sword as a whole.
2. Torment: Tides of Numenera : It's the spiritual sequel of one of the best written game of all time and one of the best RPGs of all time. It has the best group of RPG talent assembled since the dream team of Chrono Trigger although it's lost Saunders recently. It also made the superior choice of turn-based over real-time-with-pause system.
3. Divinity: Original Sin 2 : I have doubts about it releasing in 2016 but it is still officially listed as such so on the list it goes.
4. Project Setsuna :
5. Dragon Quest XI :
6. Yooka-Laylee :
7. XCOM 2 :
8. Persona 5 :
9. Battle Brothers :
10. Cosmic Star Heroine :

Ikon

1. Street Fighter V : Street Fighter has been a constant part of my life since I found an imported copy of SF2 for SNES as a kid. V looks to be a great entry in the series that changes things up significantly from SF4. Hoping to put more hours into this than I did with 4, too. Plus it releases early in the year, which helps push it to the top.
2. Mass Effect Andromeda : Mass Effect was one of the best things to come out of the last gen and I can't wait to visit some new cool planets and encounter strange alien races.
3. Final Fantasy XV : Would be #1 if I could be certain it will release next year. Final Fantasy is a very special series to me and thus the complete suckage of XIII was the absolute low point of last gen. Hoping for a return to form and that special atmosphere that seemingly only FF can evoke.
4. Persona 5 : P4G took me by surprise as I usually don't like 'overhyped' games or media in general. Still might not get it right away but it certainly has my attention.
5. Ni-oh : Looks like the most promising new IP of 2016. Everything from the trailer hits the right notes. It does sound an alarm somewhere that it might be a little bit too designed by committee.
6. Dark Souls III : I agree with their decision to make this the final Souls game but at the same time I'm excited for one more go at the formula.
7. Scalebound : Platinum tend to make kick ass games and this looks to continue that tradition. It will be interesting to see what they do with the whole RPG aspects of it. I just hope it doesn't negatively affect the combat experience.
8. Uncharted 4 : The Uncharted series always provides exciting adventures. The car chase trailer that's been shown looks amazing but I'm not 100% convinced by the regular combat.
9. Gears of War 4 : The trailer looked pretty good. Hopefully it will make the gameplay more grounded and intimate than #2-3.
10. Mirrors Edge: Catalyst : I loved the first game to bits and I'm sure this will be much better. At the same time I just can't find much excitement for the title. Don't know why, really.

All in all not too excited for the games of 2016.

SephLuis

1. Nier Automata :Nier was one of my favorite games and Automata is being made by Platinum, one of my favorite devs. Talk about a bloody miracle.
2. Street Fighter V : Been playing the beta. This game is incredible and I will be playing this for years to come
3. #FE : Almost everyone hated the direction SMT x FE took. I loved it. Simply for the fact that it was everything that I didn't expect. Being caught by surprise like that is a rare occurrence these days.
4. Danganronpa V3 : I love the series and seeing them try something new with it makes me want to play this asap
5. Zero Escape 3 : I am still hurt by VLR and have high expectations for this
6. Persona 5 : Love Persona series and really liked what they have shown so far. Except for the tentative release dates. They shouldn't have shown that.
7. Zelda Wii U: I love Zelda, but the open world aspect makes me uncertain.
8. Final Fantasy XV : The reason I bought a PS3 and, hopefully, won't be a reason anymore when they launch the PS5
9. Ni-Oh : Onimusha is back. Someone hold me.
10. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : I loved Human Revolution and this looks better in every aspect.

Honorable Mentions:
Dark Souls 3 : After 3 Souls and Bloodborne, I am getting the fatigue. Hope this one bring something new
Mirror's Edge Catalyst: EA has the chance to create a masterpiece with this. The original was great, but flawed;
Fire Emblem Fates: Two versions and focus on you as a protagonist isn't much to my liking, but it's FE and I will buy it.
Yakuza Zero: This isn't on the top 10 because I already finished the japanese version. And let me tell you all, IT'S AMAZING

EDIT to insert more mentions:

Ys 8
Gravity Rush 2

NIGHT-

1. Zelda U - nothing else comes close
2. Quantum Break - loved Max Payne and Alan Wake! The story of this one isn't that interesting to me, I still know they'll win me over with the gameplay
3. Doom - Ready for doom to return to its form!
4. Cuphead - who doesn't love the art style?
5. Scalebound
6. Horizon zero dawn
7. Mass effect Andromeda
8. Firewatch
9. Dark Souls 3
10. Ratchet and Clank

Minions

1. Final Fantasy XV : Been waiting forever on this games release.
2. Uncharted 4 : Looks amazing, can't wait.
3. The Last Guardian : Been waiting the longest for this, hope it is good!
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn : The demo shown for this game left me in awe, can't wait!
5. The Legend of Zelda for Wii U : Been waiting so long on this.... like almost all the games above it.
6. Nier Automata : Can't believe this sequel is expected to be released in 2016!
7. RIME : Looks amazing. I wish they would show more of this game.
8. No Man's Sky : A limitless world sounds amazing. Unsure how if it will be able to hold my attention long term.
9. Dark Souls 3 : Dark Souls, what more can be said. I am wondering how it will feel after bloodborne.
10. Scalebound : Uncertain about this game, but I believe in platinum! This was such a hard list to make!

Game4life

Banned
Man seeing some of these lists... whichever game wins a lot of GOTY next year kudos because damn it is looking soo effing fantastic.

dogpowerd

Banned
1. No Man's Sky
2. Firewatch
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
4. Doom
5. Mass Effect: Andromeda
6. South Park The Fractured But Whole
7. Mafia 3

1 - Dark Souls 3 - If this was the only game that released next year I'd still be perfectly happy.
2 - Uncharted 4 - Anything ND release is day one for me, so this is a no-brainer.
3 - Horizon: Zero Dawn - Been a fan of GG since Killzone 2, and the premise looks awesome.
4 - Cyberpunk 2077 - Another case of buying based on the developer, after the Witcher games, this one is a lock.
5 - Planet Coaster - RCT was one of my all time favourite games, and I have higher hopes for this than RCT World.
6 - The Last Guardian - After so long it would be odd not to buy this one lol
7 - Ratchet and Clank - Wasn't really interested, but the recent gameplay looks great, so I will get it.
8 - Dishonored 2 - Dishonored was a big surprise for me, I loved it.
9 - Final Fantasy XV - Haven't played a FF game since X, but this one looks pretty bang on.

Top Bottom