• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2015 Edition

Rich!

Work in progress. New house (bungalow) built for myself. I've got the bedroom and bathroom sorted, we put the new window in the other day and the kitchen is in on Sunday.

dsc_05634gp51.jpg

TV area. 55" TV to be wall mounted with an AC socket and HDMI pass through hidden behind. 12 AC sockets (why not?!) further down along with gigabit LAN port and speaker pass through (one plate banana jacks routed to two panels behind the sofa area for surround speakers).

Almost there!

Work in progress. New house (bungalow) built for myself. I've got the bedroom and bathroom sorted, we put the new window in the other day and the kitchen is in on Sunday.

TV area. 55" TV to be wall mounted with an AC socket and HDMI pass through hidden behind. 12 AC sockets (why not?!) further down along with gigabit LAN port and speaker pass through (one plate banana jacks routed to two panels behind the sofa area for surround speakers).

Almost there!

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Vegito

Banned
Finally got my new house a couple weeks ago and decided to turn the spare bedroom into a theater/game room. Running a Benq W1070 with 125" screen,got all the consoles and a/v in side closet. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out,games look insane on a screen that size and of course Blu's are fantastic.

4D97D865-093C-4FE1-A14C-8EB4737EF1BE_zpsrncsi8l5.jpg

FD55AF4B-DFB6-4A4E-BB8A-31C28DAECB5A_zpscxnes3zy.jpg

D60400F7-B6DF-4288-B1E9-2030407600F9_zpsjt0isdwl.jpg

This one and the setup in the OP are fantastic. Love it.

Shaneus

I've just moved into a rental and actually have a room now for this kind of stuff. Will be trawling through this thread for ideas, there's some super-clean looking stuff here. Of course I'm renting so it means nothing permanent (and the room is kinda small), but I think I can swing something nice enough looking without too many problems. Looks like the Besta is the way to go, I'm eyeballing this one:
besta-tv-bench-with-doors-and-drawers-white__0352056_PE537978_S4.JPG

Only problem is making room for massive components like the receiver and Silverstone HTPC case.

Hey! I've lurked out in this thread for a long, long time now, through many moves and relocations. I've always wanted to post my own set up, but I've never felt really quite there with my own stuff. But my girlfriend and I just moved into a new flat around a month ago, and we finally have enough space to showcase some of our stuff! We've spent some of the last month buying some furniture and bits and bobs, and I think I'd finally like to join you people in showing my Gaming Set Up! Please excuse the barrage of images!

I think we really lucked out on this flat. Lots of great space, a lovely view and in a really nice area of Glasgow.

I've been dying to display some of the gaming stuff I've acquired over the years (including an unhealthy collection of amiibo!). Now I've finally found something.

And here's where the action happens. A modest 32" TV, but I've been using this size for years now and it's never been a big deal. I'll maybe move up a size or two next year.

Hope you liked it!

That's absolutely gorgeous mate.. well done on all accounts, I unfortunately live in a student dorm room, also, I spot a lot of similar books I have on my own shelf.. lol.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Almost there!
Holy shit you went crazy with the amount of screws in that drywall. :p

Apparently you have to live in Patrick Bateman's apartment and wear a cleanroom suit when you play videogames to get chicks and post in this thread without being ridiculed.

I'd think not having consoles stacked on top of one another haphazardly would be the trigger, but that's just me.

RayStorm

[...] Looks like the Besta is the way to go, [...]

Only problem is making room for massive components like the receiver and Silverstone HTPC case.

Depending on the size of the case and the reseiver you might very well be able to fit them in. The Besta is fairly spacious and obiously you can arrange the shelves in height as you wish. But ventilation might be a bit of a problem. And also if you do have a center speaker placement might be difficult as well if you assemble all the doors.

Shaneus

Depending on the size of the case and the reseiver you might very well be able to fit them in. The Besta is fairly spacious and obiously you can arrange the shelves in height as you wish. But ventilation might be a bit of a problem. And also if you do have a center speaker placement might be difficult as well if you assemble all the doors.
They're both basically full-size hi-fi component size (ie. big), so maybe the other alternative is to have them in a separate cabinet to the side that can actually accommodate them. Still feeling this one out, but that might be the preferred option. Ventilation is something I hadn't considered as much as I should, given both would push out quite a bit of heat.

I finally upgraded my gaming chair for use with my HOTAS setup.

This coupled with my 120" projected screen has been an awesome Star Citizen setup.

More info on the Reddit post I made, but basically I used two dual-arm monitor pole mounts as articulating stands for my throttle and stick.

entremet

Hey! I've lurked out in this thread for a long, long time now, through many moves and relocations. I've always wanted to post my own set up, but I've never felt really quite there with my own stuff. But my girlfriend and I just moved into a new flat around a month ago, and we finally have enough space to showcase some of our stuff! We've spent some of the last month buying some furniture and bits and bobs, and I think I'd finally like to join you people in showing my Gaming Set Up! Please excuse the barrage of images!

I think we really lucked out on this flat. Lots of great space, a lovely view and in a really nice area of Glasgow.

I've been dying to display some of the gaming stuff I've acquired over the years (including an unhealthy collection of amiibo!). Now I've finally found something.

And here's where the action happens. A modest 32" TV, but I've been using this size for years now and it's never been a big deal. I'll maybe move up a size or two next year.

Hope you liked it!
Very tasteful way to display a collection and corresponding swag.

After seeing this thread pop back up, I decided I should post my old setup before the year ends. I recently moved and am in the process of putting the finishing touches on my new setup, and should be able to post it once the 2016 thread comes out. Anyways, my old setup is below:

Outside of room:
9cuGgHa.jpg

Entry:
vAzdYn0.jpg

Screen wall:
J5MSNBH.jpg

Doors open below the screen to access av stuff:
XPvo0l5.jpg

View of the back of the room, with Chiefy sitting in the back:
rQq2VF0.jpg

Sorry for the crummy iPhone pics. My setup in the new house is fairly similar, with just a slightly different shape and better AV gear. I'll post pics once it is finished.

After seeing this thread pop back up, I decided I should post my old setup before the year ends. I recently moved and am in the process of putting the finishing touches on my new setup, and should be able to post it once the 2016 thread comes out. Anyways, my old setup is below:

Outside of room:
9cuGgHa

Entry:
vAzdYn0

20th Anniversary PS4 in the back of the room:
4tHtIFh

Screen wall:
J5MSNBH

XPvo0l5

rQq2VF0

My setup in the new house is fairly similar, with just a slightly different shape and better AV gear. I'll post pics once it is finished.
Pics are not loading

Outside of room:
9cuGgHa.jpg

Entry:
vAzdYn0.jpg

Screen wall:
J5MSNBH.jpg

XPvo0l5.jpg

rQq2VF0.jpg

Sorry for the crummy iPhone pics. My setup in the new house is fairly similar, with just a slightly different shape and better AV gear. I'll post pics once it is finished.

How big is that room dimension wise?

That room is about 17' by 25'. When I had the house built, that section of the basement was intentionally left windowless for that room. My new house is similar, but the room is not as deep but about 5' wider.

Cool; I've got an 18' x 18' room that I plan to convert so I was trying to get an idea of what I can fit into that space. I can't wait to see what you're doing with your new room.

I just noticed the little shelf that has your center speaker but also the cameras for your consoles. Nice touch. I was wondering how to solve that problem.

Cool; I've got an 18' x 18' room that I plan to convert so I was trying to get an idea of what I can fit into that space. I can't wait to see what you're doing with your new room.
18 x 18 is a good size for a theater room. When I built my current house, I set a min size of 17 x 17 to have enough to room for my stuff. You could do a lot with 18 x 18. When you start the project, I'd recommend finding clever ways to hide your AV stuff, it makes the rooms look a lot nicer. I used a false wall in the setup above because I had the space. In the new house, I used pillars connecting built in cabinets to give it a clean look. It's so much fun designing a game/theater room; enjoy it!

18 x 18 is a good size for a theater room. When I built my current house, I set a min size of 17 x 17 to have enough to room for my stuff. You could do a lot with 18 x 18. When you start the project, I'd recommend finding clever ways to hide your AV stuff, it makes the rooms look a lot nicer. I used a false wall in the setup above because I had the space. In the new house, I used pillars connecting built in cabinets to give it a clean look. It's so much fun designing a game/theater room; enjoy it!

That's actually one of the few things I've more or less solved. The room came with a 5' x 5' closet. Almost everything is going into there as far as equipment goes. I've already made it the central network hub for the rest of the house. I'll still have to figure out what I want to do with speakers, but I might consider making pillars for the surround and a false wall up front for the rest. My biggest concern was wondering if two rows of seats will fit. I'm worried that the front row will be too close, but I haven't taken the time to measure anything out yet.

We just moved into this place and I'll be honest, one of the primary reasons I picked it was because of that room. It's primarily a one story house, but there's a staircase that leads up to that one room which I thought would be perfect for a dedicated theater setup. I envision theatrical one sheet posters hanging on the wall of the staircase that leads up there, and two rows of seats, hopefully 4 in each row and enough work on it to make it more look like a small theater. It's a few years off from becoming a reality, but that just gives me a few years to research and plan. =) I'm excited about this long term project.

That's actually one of the few things I've more or less solved. The room came with a 5' x 5' closet. Almost everything is going into there as far as equipment goes. I've already made it the central network hub for the rest of the house. I'll still have to figure out what I want to do with speakers, but I might consider making pillars for the surround and a false wall up front for the rest. My biggest concern was wondering if two rows of seats will fit. I'm worried that the front row will be too close, but I haven't taken the time to measure anything out yet.

We just moved into this place and I'll be honest, one of the primary reasons I picked it was because of that room. It's primarily a one story house, but there's a staircase that leads up to that one room which I thought would be perfect for a dedicated theater setup. I envision theatrical one sheet posters hanging on the wall of the staircase that leads up there, and two rows of seats, hopefully 4 in each row and enough work on it to make it more look like a small theater. It's a few years off from becoming a reality, but that just gives me a few years to research and plan. =) I'm excited about this long term project.
Take pics as you go through the process, would love to see how it all turns out. It took me about 6 months to design and get my first theater room put together.

Tabris

I'm going to post the best setups of 2015 in the 2016 thread.

Can everyone nominate some you think should be considered from this thread with a single picture (the best one they had)?

Rich!

For Christmas my family built a house for me. Fully owned, no rent, insane profit for us if we ever sell as its valued for £200k and we used family members for the build (brother is a carpenter, uncle is a builder, great uncle is an electrician and plumber, grandad is a structural architect)

Not yet got a carpet but uh everything else is good! Including this:

_20151224_173511ciljd.jpg

dsc_01207uoat.jpg

I installed an AC socket behind the TV and a pass through socket with a brushplate for the HDMI...no visible cables! Yay.

I wired up banana plug sockets for the surround speakers. Not yet got my sofa or shelving in:

dsc_01210woj5.jpg

So yeah definitely a work in progress...but still, its going well!

sublimit

Banned
Jofamo really like your whole setup and the overall "feel" i get from your appartment/room.Simple,clean and elegant.Great taste.

Buttons

I'm going to post the best setups of 2015 in the 2016 thread.

Can everyone nominate some you think should be considered from this thread with a single picture (the best one they had)?

Mhh, tough choice. These are the ones that I liked the most.

I would normally include Chitta's apartment as well but seems he didn't post this year. You better post next year Chitta!
Looking forward to the new thread, I finally found the time to update my desk area. Will post as soon as the new thread is up. :)

dw.og

This is an awesome thread. Really love getting a peak in the delicious gaming setups gaffers have.

So quick photos of my own after cleaning up the place and before tearing things down for Christmas decorations.

UHWL9WA.jpg

TV is Samsung H6400 75" and had it for a bargain about a year ago. Still makes me happy, daily. Doesn't look so big in the photos though.

What kind of speakers do you have?

Fox1304

Anybody would have a recommendation for in-wall speakers?
I'm setting up in my new house soon, and managed to prepare all the cables/places to finally have some in-wall stuff, but no idea which brand/model are hip those days :)
( looking for a mid-low to mid range of prices ).

Top Bottom