• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video Game Wallpapers, Fan Art & Hi-Res Artwork Thread of Eternal August

Stiler

One of my favorites from Myth II: Soulblighter
9SImyIzl.jpg

Very large res:
http://i.imgur.com/9SImyIz.jpg

concor

Neo Member
Heh, that Myth artwork is VERY old. It's from Craig Mullins. He still does art now and then. He goes way back to Oni and Quake 1. He's so freaking good. He's totally my hero :)

Some more recent examples:

rapture6_29.jpg

Ezio_Craig_Mullins_BC__23264.1306772619.1280.1280.jpg

2aixjt5h.jpg

Omnibus

Hello everybody,

I'll be brief. I no longer have the time to take care and participate in this thread as I would like, therefore I would cease to update it in January 2016. The best thing to do is, I think, to create a new thread that will be supported by someone who can deal with it better than me. I will, of course, participate as much as I can.

Cheers,

-BLITZ-

I do not know what to say.

The tread title says eternal so it should go by what it represents. In my opinion, I don't consider necessary opening a new thread only by the cause that the Summary Thread is quite large now having all the recent artworks from the past 4-5 years even after I've made the clean up and send you the files to edit your ST posts. Opening a fresh one would make a total of 3 old OTs which will confuse people even more leaving tons of requests inside the fresh thread where that could be simply solved by looking up at this "former" OT sending people here. The only way it could work is to merge the old two threads with this one, make a single Summary Thread with everything and use it for the fresh thread.

Captain Smoker is the OT who handles new threads, but I don't know how often he does revisit this one if he stopped visiting some time ago. Cuth activity lately has stopped. Agent47 made his statement that will post less. Other than IronMan & Cyrano sharing materials that however do not come from PSD / PSB and correct me if I'm wrong about this, Muzzy who recently has returned but for a short period ? is the only one who post materials from sources and me.

That leaves only me with most of it ? If Cuth will stop visiting definitively, when most of his links are already expired and they will not going to be updated eventually and might as well from you Omnibus if so you said you will still post, the thread will lose his charm and could get shot down ? That's pretty much it ? This is how far this thread will go ? I never thought the thread will lose and fall down. I once mentioned that I want to make fine 10 years in here. If it still stays alive, I will feel very alone all by myself :) even if I have IronMan & Cyrano with me and possible Muzzy, depending on his activity. I cannot bring any people because I do not have.

Exactly at the moment when I'm coming back. And I have some old rare covers ready to be posted for Christmas or at least New Year Eve, if things don't get late again because in this November which has past I've made 5 years since being here so I wanted to make something out of it. I mean, I can continue posting alone, after all, I always had the interest to share materials of this category if I'm capable of providing such artworks.

Cyrano

Assuming you guys wouldn't mind, I could create a read-only doc on Pastebin (or something else if people prefer) that consolidates all the links currently handled by Omni, and provide access to contributors so they could add to the links as they grow the materials available here.

I don't have as much time as I'm currently working on a Ph.D. but I can help with certain things. I'm largely not serving source-quality materials due to working relationships, though per request I'm glad to help if people need/want something and I can provide.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
do any of you fine people have a bigger version of this pic from the new Hitman? There's a version that looks like a movie poster but I can't find this widescreen one like this
Well, yes, there is a bigger version (9800x12500 / Vertical) of this and yes, some people have it BUT... it won't be posted here for god knows how long for obvious reasons.

About the thread and keeping it alive.

You all know that I have lost a ton of stuff 2 years ago, I have managed to restore some of it (not without some help (thanks guys, it means a lot to me!), not all, but most of it or at least most of the stuff about which I really cared). And the reason why I can't post and won't post most of my stuff is... well, it is complicated.

1) I have promises to keep (I won't get into specifics so don't ask) and it is REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME cuz I'm a man of his word, even if it hurts me in return (but now I have 3 backups of all my stuff, so, yeah....gooood luck with it whoever and whatever you are);

2) Getting all this stuff now is not that easy and actually very difficult, believe me or not (I'm not talking about easy (or relatively easy) to access places about which I'm sure everyone knows), so you got to be careful what stuff you post and when you do it cuz you can end up not having any of it at all because of what you did to just to contribute to this thread. I know it sounds very selfish and all but believe me, selfishness it not the case here;

3) I just can't post some of my stuff like at all and that is the way this works if you actually want to get some stuff for yourself and for your own collection;

4) Posting some of the stuff I can post may (or may not, you never know) cause a complete lockdown of any future stuff I can get for game X, Y or Z;

5) Posting stuff I can easily post... well, I'm sure as hell that no one needs it, so why even bother? It's not that it's awful or anything, it's just not worth posting cuz no one cares about it and... well... I mean, who really cares about... say... em... Dungeons 2, Crookz, MXvsATV: Supercross, Worms, Raven's Cry or whatever? Who cares about these or even want to frame the art from these games and hang it on the wall? I mean, really, guys, raise your hands if you do and I'll be very surprised. We all know that everyone here (with a few exceptions, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - and I'll gladly be wrong about this) mostly interested in very exclusive and rare stuff right? RIGHT? ;-) Like stuff from BioShock series, Max Paine 3, L.A. Noire, a shit ton of old Deus Ex 3 (before Human Revolution) stuff, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, gigantic pile of stuff from GTA V/Mortal Kombat 9/Injustice. Batman games, other amazing works and masterpieces from MEDUZARTS (oh, guys, YOU ROCK!) and other awesome studios who's creating amazing stuff to promote our beloved games, you name it. And here lies the biggest problem of it all;

6) Privacy, we just don't have it here, everyone here can see what we post and can easily track from where or from whom this stuff is coming from. Believe me, the people behind this is not stupid or blind, they know, they see and they care. I didn't care about this around 4-5 years ago, I just didn't and why should I care I asked myself back then? It's not like I lose anything by posting arts in this thread, no, I only made people here happy cuz they now can have a rare art they're looking for for god knows how long. It is a good feeling you know, to help someone who share your interests to this stuff. But that is the good side of it, the bad side hit me waaaaaaay later, but damn it hit me hard (and I'm sure I am not the only one). And that's not to say that some gready and very bad people selling the stuff we post right now for actuall money. That is not for which this thread was created and there's nothing we can do about it.

Now, about to lead and update this thread. I actually visiting this thread quite regularly and... well, if someone could actually give me the rights to lead and update it then, hell, I'm in. It'll be a honor to me :)

PS. Oh, and guys, please stop asking me to share some of my stuff through PM. I don't think anyone knows about this but I think it is the right time to finally tell you - when and if I actually can do it through PM, I'll send a private message to a person with the link to requested stuff in it. No, it's not a regular thing, BUT IT IS A THING, so please, keep than in mind. I'll share, if and when I can :)

PSS. I'm sorry for a not really good english guys, but I'm trying to actually write myself and not use translator (F this thing), which really helps a lot, I mean, writhing myself without any help :p

-BLITZ-

Actually it happen a year ago, around August :p by that time I replayed after your post with your issue and in November I completely lost my computer. I just made a year without it. :)

Even so, most of the PR who had their game company as clients had their contract expired, changed or moved on at different platforms. Some PR don't stay in touch forever with their clients or the companies move to other PR. At least a dozen of what I used to know places in one year had stopped working with their brands, telling from a perspective where I knew places from where I never posted an art and got closed, remain empty, after some months of activity or at least a complete year without being mingle by our OT because even now those stuff are not here, in the Summary Thread. Those changes weren't made by the cause of this OT.

Also, they moved up to cloud system which is hard to come now as everything changes and moves fast with all that happens in the world today. As well, I lost in my hard drive address + accounts of any form (not just sites) and I can't recall how they used to be named, although I'm sure about those right now are dead places.

What it used to be, now becomes scarce.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Actually it happen a year ago, around August :p
Oh, I guess I just lost track of time or something (^_^)

Even so, most of the PR who had their game company as clients had their contract expired, changed or moved on at different platforms. Some PR don't stay in touch forever with their clients or the companies move to other PR. At least a dozen of what I used to know places in one year had stopped working with their brands, telling from a perspective where I knew places from where I never posted an art and got closed, remain empty, after some months of activity or at least a complete year without being mingle by our OT because even now those stuff are not here, in the Summary Thread. Those changes weren't made by the cause of this OT.

Also, they moved up to cloud system which is hard to come now as everything changes and moves fast with all that happens in the world today. As well, I lost in my hard drive address + accounts of any form (not just sites) and I can't recall how they used to be named, although I'm sure about those right now are dead places.

What it used to be, now becomes scarce.
Oh no, it's not that this thread is to blame for all of this, but some bad things has happened because of it or because some of us did post some arts here (I'm sure you know exactly what I mean).

IronMan

It's really sad to see this thread dying this way. It seems that the wonderful artworks that we all love are destined to be lost in time, for one reason or another.

You guys have been doing a great job during this years by preserving as much as you can and sharing with people that appreciate it as much. It's hard work and you don't earn anything from it, sometimes not even a single "thank you", but you keep doing it because you believe that this pieces of art deserve to be seen by people and appreciated as true pieces of art and not just for commercial purposes (am I wrong?). There's no other place like this in the entire Internet (and Omnibus has been doing and amazing job organizing it, so thank you for that :D).

I'm also been trying to contribute the best I can, as a way of retribution, sometimes with high quality stuff, sometimes not, but I don't have the kind of sources that some of you guys have. But even so, I could post much more often (I upload a lot of stuff in TheVideoGameGallery that I don't post here), but most of the times I don't even know if I should do that or not. If it's something rare or too recent, I can be jeopardizing your sources and there goes my attempt to help. If it's something older or easier to find, it might be banal and nobody gives a damn. I would like to help more, I really don't want this thread to die, but when I don't know how to do something the right way, I prefer not do it at all.

Omnibus

I love this thread, it's for this reason that I decided to support. Simply, today, I don't have enough time to do properly. My schedule no longer allows me to assume his summary.

Also, it is out of the question for me to leave, I will continue to post images as often as possible... but we must find someone else to hold the thread, that's all.

Finally, if I suggested to open a new thread this is for the sake of clarity. Three summaries to a single thread that's a lot I think. With a new start, the one that will take this burden may organize as it sees fit, without worrying about the history.

-BLITZ-

Okay. Let me ask you a question Omnibus because from the way I see it you have a desire for a new thread (even you mentioned as suggestion). What it will change or bring from what is now. Because a member has to take the work in ST and that requires a new thread ? I'm only asking to understand the hole nature of it.

EDIT:
Notice this:

Assuming you guys wouldn't mind, I could create a read-only doc on Pastebin (or something else if people prefer) that consolidates all the links currently handled by Omni, and provide access to contributors so they could add to the links as they grow the materials available here.

I don't have as much time as I'm currently working on a Ph.D. but I can help with certain things. I'm largely not serving source-quality materials due to working relationships, though per request I'm glad to help if people need/want something and I can provide.

Sorry Cyrano. Is not suitable.

Cyrano

I love this thread, it's for this reason that I decided to support. Simply, today, I don't have enough time to do properly. My schedule no longer allows me to assume his summary.

Also, it is out of the question for me to leave, I will continue to post images as often as possible... but we must find someone else to hold the thread, that's all.

Finally, if I suggested to open a new thread this is for the sake of clarity. Three summaries to a single thread that's a lot I think. With a new start, the one that will take this burden may organize as it sees fit, without worrying about the history.
Due to posting limits, would it be better to try and manage the link list off-site? PM me (or post in the thread) with what you think the best solution might be and I can probably get something setup for everyone here to use if we can agree on something.

Omni, Blitz, IronMan, Agent47, what do you think the best solution would be long-term? The lists themselves are clearly getting a bit unwieldy. I can provide free space or other free services to help deal with the issues of the list, though would prefer to see to it over the holiday since I'll have less time once work starts up after January 2nd.
Sorry Cyrano. Is not suitable.
So Pastebin is out. Other alternatives?

Rlan

-BLITZ-

Due to posting limits, would it be better to try and manage the link list off-site? PM me (or post in the thread) with what you think the best solution might be and I can probably get something setup for everyone here to use if we can agree on something.

Omni, Blitz, IronMan, Agent47, what do you think the best solution would be long-term? The lists themselves are clearly getting a bit unwieldy. I can provide free space or other free services to help deal with the issues of the list, though would prefer to see to it over the holiday since I'll have less time once work starts up after January 2nd.

So Pastebin is out. Other alternatives?

I didn't had time to explain in details therefore I just went with a short answer. Is not about that Summary Thread that needs a hosting site. Is all about the free time of the person who deals with the ST. Ever quote one of the alphabetical posts from ST and see inside how it looks ? Posting a new game arts, requires alphabetical order as well. You have scroll, copy the necessary coding (URL, symbols etc). It can take you 5 minutes or more depending how many game tiles were posted.

Not ideal for hosting site because of following reasons:
- people don't need to be send to hosting sites and copy links in order to come back to Gaf and paste. That's not right. What happens if that web doesn't provide direct links ? I refer to links that require just the click of the mouse not to copy the link. What ST can do now. How secure the web of his own advertisement can keep gaf members and outside from Gaf safe ?
- I had difficulties few years back, were the links from Gaf were shared across different gaming forums. I had not no issues with that. Trouble was that once they were shared, search engines who are connected to hosting sites like Mediafire joined the party, same here, I had no issues being spread out, but the engines afterwards spread my links everywhere, which lead to a lot of them being reported for whatever violation even as long as google can provide them, low quality or not, being out there were anyone affords to download and use it for their own use. After this I cut connections with all the places from they were shared.
- Agent47 asked many times to not share his arts and remain here on Gaf. That is another no-go for this kind of method.
- As long as they are kept on small places they will last longer here.

Agent47 told me that he doesn't have time as well. I visit Gaf daily more than many times per day and got used with ST after I've made the cleanup. Decisions, decisions...

Cyrano

I didn't had time to explain in details therefore I just went with a short answer. Is not about that Summary Thread that needs a hosting site. Is all about the free time of the person who deals with the ST. Ever quote one of the alphabetical posts from ST and see inside how it looks ? Posting a new game arts, requires alphabetical order as well. You have scroll, copy the necessary coding (URL, symbols etc). It can take you 5 minutes or more depending how many game tiles were posted.

Not ideal for hosting site because of following reasons:
- people don't need to be send to hosting sites and copy links in order to come back to Gaf and paste. That's not right. What happens if that web doesn't provide direct links ? I refer to links that require just the click of the mouse not to copy the link. What ST can do now. How secure the web of his own advertisement can keep gaf members and outside from Gaf safe ?
- I had difficulties few years back, were the links from Gaf were shared across different gaming forums. I had not no issues with that. Trouble was that once they were shared, search engines who are connected to hosting sites like Mediafire joined the party, same here, I had no issues being spread out, but the engines afterwards spread my links everywhere, which lead to a lot of them being reported for whatever violation even as long as google can provide them, low quality or not, being out there were anyone affords to download and use it for their own use. After this I cut connections with all the places from they were shared.
- Agent47 asked many times to not share his arts and remain here on Gaf. That is another no-go for this kind of method.
- As long as they are kept on small places they will last longer here.

Agent47 told me that he doesn't have time as well. I visit Gaf daily more than many times per day and got used with ST after I've made the cleanup. Decisions, decisions...
I agree with a lot of this but I think there does need to be a list that's easier to work with than the one we currently have. It takes five minutes to update because of how it's currently setup, not because it has to take that long. Not only that, but it feels irresponsible to have such a giant list of things and to expect Omnibus alone to take care of it. We need something that looks farther than a single user because this is a thread with a lot of people using it; we need something multiple people can use. I'd update my own links were it an option to save Omnibus time and work. I don't know how to solve the issue with the way the current system is setup because there's no way to share usability of posts and the limits on post length make holding onto the list for a long time on GAF untenable.

I mean, that's fine if that's what everyone wants. Putting that list somewhere else to make it more searchable and more usable would probably be helpful to a lot of people though.

Again, just trying to be helpful. Deepest apologies if I'm out of line.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I do have time to lead the thread and manage ST (If I will be chosen to do so, or whatever we decide to do with the thread overall), but just not for updating all my old posts here in case that thumbs in them is not available anymore. I don't store any not lossless stuff on my HDDs (that includes any arts that I've posted here as JPEGs / PNGs), so in order to update all my posts (not Gadge64 posts for obvious reasons) I need to download a lot of my archives (almost 16 GB) from my mediafire account to make new thumbs, upload them and then update my posts and for this I don't have time unfortunately.

As for what do I think is best for the thread.... I think we need to create another thread (and final this time) and mention all previous threads in the first post as archives with direct links to them in case someone needs to check them out to download old stuff. I mean, lets face it, this thread is 6 years old now and if someone will agree to lead and manage new one including ST, it must be done in a new way and as Omnibus said already - as he (or she) sees fit :)

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
It's a shame a lot of older posts are kind of broken now. A shame!
Well, my posts not broken and all of the files available (and will be) for download, it just thumbs for them may not be available anymore. As for others, well, we can't do much about it now cuz some of the users not active anymore or some us just don't have these files to replace them with new posts.

I for example don't have JPEG / PNG files at all in my collection cuz after my HDD died I've lost all JPEG / PNG stuff which I had before and now there's no reason for me to collect and store them anymore.

-BLITZ-

I do have time to lead the thread and manage ST .... -> my mediafire account to make new thumbs, upload them and then update my posts and for this I don't have time unfortunately.

Yes, yes. You're right. In PM you said the same. You have time for ST, but no time to go back to update. My mistake.

Rlan

Well, my posts not broken and all of the files available (and will be) for download, it just thumbs for them may not be available anymore. As for others, well, we can't do much about it now cuz some of the users not active anymore or some us just don't have these files to replace them with new posts.

I for example don't have JPEG / PNG files at all in my collection cuz after my HDD died I've lost all JPEG / PNG stuff which I had before and now there's no reason for me to collect and store them anymore.

I had the exact thing happen -- storm destroyed my external hdd. Some of the older stuff i posted just now had higher res versions at a time.

Now i pay for google drive and have all my art stuff on there forever :p

-BLITZ-

I had the exact thing happen -- storm destroyed my external hdd. Some of the older stuff i posted just now had higher res versions at a time.

Now i pay for google drive and have all my art stuff on there forever :p

I also want to thank you for minimizing the thumbnails and understanding. My browser smartphone was crashing since I couldn't not get pass your post. Because they were quite large and heavy in MB, it was draining my internet fast which is limited. I do believe that others could be in the same situations.

Omnibus

Okay. Let me ask you a question Omnibus because from the way I see it you have a desire for a new thread (even you mentioned as suggestion). What it will change or bring from what is now. Because a member has to take the work in ST and that requires a new thread ? I'm only asking to understand the hole nature of it.

Well, I think like Agent_4Seven, the best way for me is through a new thread. It's up to you to make the decision now.

-BLITZ-

First, shouldn't we ask some admins and see what they have to say about a new thread ? I don't know if it matters, I just wonder. Also some rules have to be implemented. Old if they need to be changed (from Captian Smoker first post), new if any want to bring fresh rules before the new thread is open. Instead of bashing immediately, to discuss a bit more anything in particular related to such OT, otherwise to not wake up with something we forgot to include being to late to make a change.

I don't know who wants to be the official person who will open the thread and eventually assume the Summary Thread and the first OT post/posts with it ? Agent47 ? Are positive that you can handle this in the months to come, years maybe ? Otherwise ... is only me left as it seems.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
First, shouldn't we ask some admins and see what they have to say about a new thread ? I don't know if it matters, I just wonder.
Well, I don't know how it works here, I mean should we ask admins/moderators before creating new OT or not...

Also some rules have to be implemented. Old if they need to be changed (from Captian Smoker first post), new if any want to bring fresh rules before the new thread is open. Instead of bashing immediately, to discuss a bit more anything in particular related to such OT, otherwise to not wake up with something we forgot to include being to late to make a change.
Yes, I also think that we need to make new rules and describe everything in great details to let everyone better understand what we actually do here, why we're doing this, for what purpose, what and how must be posted in which formats etc. Some of it already explained in the first OT post, but I think it's... well, it needs some work to be better explained + new things must be added aswell.

I don't know who wants to be the official person who will open the thread and eventually assume the Summary Thread and the first OT post/posts with it ? Agent47 ? Are positive that you can handle this in the months to come, years maybe ? Otherwise ... is only me left as it seems.
PePZjx6.gif

But I don't think we should rush it cuz the last thing we need is to forget to mention something that is really important while creating new rules. Oh, and one more thing... If you think that we should do this together (creating and managing the new thread), why the hell not? I will be more than happy to work with you to make things better ;-)

How about we do this after holidays? :)

-BLITZ-

How about we do this after holidays? :)

Until then, I have enough time to think and maybe something will pop in my mind.
Forgot: Working together ? Yeah, I think is proper. Some multiple post to be preserve at the beginning of the OT for any future necessity. I have some to say, but I will write it later.

I will PM Nirolak or duckroll to read what was discussed. Everything was fine so far, but is best for them to know.

Omnibus

NieR: Automata:

Measurements:
-> 3547 × 5000
-> 3000 × 4000
-> 2436 × 3500
-> 4200 × 1549
-> 6188 × 5308
-> 3125 × 2210 (x7)
-> 5000 × 3000 (x2)
-> 3600 × 600

[->] Full set [<-]

Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom:

Measurements:
-> 6000&#8198;×&#8198;4500
-> 2362&#8198;×&#8198;1382

Happy holidays. ;-)

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Total War: Attila

7buMDbg.jpg
sGYlilo.jpg

uZkFItn.jpg

LHCHlqb.jpg

Wi0SwLw.jpg

*5085x8489 / Uncompressed PNG / 300dpi / Source > PSD
*3936x4817 / Uncompressed PNG / 300dpi / Source > PSD
*11811x7087 / Uncompressed PNG / 300dpi / Source > PSD
*12594x5000 / Uncompressed PNG / 300dpi / Source > PSD
*11811x8056 / Uncompressed PNG / 300dpi / Source -> PSD

Full set: 1 / 2

Happy holidays! (^__~)

SALmUqG.gif

-BLITZ-

It doesn't need for I and 47 to talk here and post tons of replays about the new thread if only us both will take care. Upcoming PM will follow at your inbox 47.

I will only post here desire rules in order for everywhere to take opinion over them.

Edit: I was thinking to introduce following rules and remain to actual rules.

Main rule or multi main rules, depending how further rules will become important. I will explain and only when the OT will be up, I will resume into small summary.
- This OT is only for sharing images. This is what this OT is about. Is it was never meant for post resources. Similar to Hi-Res PC / Console Screenshot. Requests are out of discussion. Because couple of times there were requests of the images in the main format.
- Same rules applies for posting resources. Not permitted.
- Connected to these two above, if you want resources visit E3 Entertainment OT events which happens every year, where you will find the most public resources posted there.
- No PMs. Part of recent Agent 47 request over this subject. To me, I don't mind. I work with PM's since I arrived here. I will try to make a form of list and added specific persons who don't accepts Private Messages. If these persons don't want to, please respect their wish.

New *
- Measurements: Obligatory. Mention in what measurements they are. Find a way. You will find a way. Windows 7 and above can identify them. People could be on their smartphone or tablet while visiting the OT finding something of their taste, is logic and respectful to mention to know in what they are into and not instead of arriving home, finding at PC that their art is not below 1000 x 1000. Times are changing. PC is no longer the only device.
- No double post / double links in the OT. Check The Summary Thread, the old summary threads. Most likely this OT since the other two do have most of their thumbs and links expired. I did post couple of times without realizing that Omnibus did that first. I've PM him to apologize and said is okay.
Therefore is understandable that we as people, do mistakes by not noticing. If the main person who posted the actual art first and says is okay, fine. However, if the person denies, preferably is to listen to his request.
- Related to the rule above. If the person link expired together with thumb due to being banned / not responding from a long time, you are allowed to re-post the art, quoting from where it was previously posted. Summary Thread will be updated with the proper new link.
- NO more quotes that contains the images. Quote the post, erase the links, measurements, leave the tile only. We are not blind, we are capable to realize what is about. After all the poster who shared the art, will know is about the stuff he posted. I'm making reference to what happen last page. This has to do with with images, being multiply which leads to loading hard, eating internet resources (phone, tablet, other devices) and enlarges the main page even more, scrolling is necessary. Is enough to post 5 thumbs with 3 quotes of the 15 thumbs again. Is better to leave a thanks to the person who made the share in this method.

- Should Remain*
I agree with these and they should continue remain. Is what the OT is about.

- This thread is for posting and sharing any artwork & wallpaper that is video game related.
- Both official and unofficial (fanart) is welcome, as are requests.
- Also unlike the previous thread any size file is fine. It doesn't have to hi-res but the bigger the better.

This is the most important.

Please!! ONLY post thumbnails or links, NOT full size images
Please!! ONLY post thumbnails or links, NOT full size images

- I believe that we should not exceed 300, 350 ? pixel height. Wide will be auto-resized by the level of height. If wide is as well 250 / 270 / 280 that is quite big. I do not have a proper wide screen of today present. I will have to question and test out which will be the best measurements on maxim. Here involves tablets or smartphones. For now I think 300 max is okay.
- I will try to find a way for no full size images. This rule was highlighted in red and over all these years, members still post in full size like here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=182535221&postcount=4452. This has to stop. If Captain Smoker request politely this will follow as well to the newest OT. People should listen and respect. Like I said, a I will try to find a way. One of the ideas is, quoting the image would resize to small scale based by the measurements that EviLore once made announcement about this feature. Other is to upload the link on a image host which gives thumbs options.

This new rule has to be among the other rules to let people know the following thing.

If a person requests, and no answers are given after a while that means:
- members do have the art, but are not allowed to post it.
- members don't have it at all, meaning you got your answer.
- do not multi request over time the same artwork (similar to what happened with a member requesting Metal Gear V arts) Is not welcomed.

-BLITZ-

We also should come up with a new thread title to replace "Eternal August". I don't know why, but I always thought the title is way too long. At least "Thread" should be removed from the title ? The rest is related to the OT, yet Video Game to be "Gaming" but it doesn't fit quite good in it. Hmm, while I was writing, I was thinking to Video Gaming maybe ?

Video Gaming Wallpapers, Fan Art & Hi-Res Artwork .... Thread
Video Gaming Wallpapers, Hi-Res Artwork & Fan Art .... Thread
Video Gaming Hi-Res Artwork, Wallpapers & Fan Art .... Thread

Hmm if I think about it, Thread should be included.

.... is replacement for Eternal August. I don't have ideas :(

I'm not into these that much. :/

Video Gaming Thread of Hi-res Artworks, Wallpapers & Fan Art.
Video Gaming Thread of Hi-res Covers, Wallpapers & Fan Art.
Video Gaming Thread of Hi-res Covers, Concept Art, Wallpapers & Fan Art.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
We also should come up with a new thread title to replace "Eternal August". I don't know why, but I always thought the title is way too long. At least "Thread" should be removed from the title ? The rest is related to the OT, yet Video Game to be "Gaming" but it doesn't fit quite good in it. Hmm, while I was writing, I was thinking to Video Gaming maybe ?

Video Gaming Wallpapers, Fan Art & Hi-Res Artwork .... Thread
Video Gaming Wallpapers, Hi-Res Artwork & Fan Art .... Thread
Video Gaming Hi-Res Artwork, Wallpapers & Fan Art .... Thread

Hmm if I think about it, Thread should be included.

.... is replacement for Eternal August. I don't have ideas :(

I'm not into these that much. :/

Video Gaming Thread of Hi-res Artworks, Wallpapers & Fan Art.
Video Gaming Thread of Hi-res Covers, Wallpapers & Fan Art.
Video Gaming Thread of Hi-res Covers, Concept Art, Wallpapers & Fan Art.
I don't think that "Video Gaming" should be in the name of the thread. I think it is best to just call it Hi-Res Artworks, Wallpapers & Fan Art cuz... well, the thread will already be located in Gaming section so I think there's no need to add "Video Gaming" to the name of the new thread.

So...

Hi-Res Artworks, Wallpapers & Fan Art [OT] Cover Art, Concept Art, Banners, Posters & Print Ads

...will be the right name for OT :)

As for your previous post related to rules....

When I prepare the fist draft of the first OT post (with rules and everything else) I'll send it to you BLITZ via PM and then we decide what else to add, what needs to be edited etc. I'll try to make this happen before dec 31st, but I can't promise anything.

-BLITZ-

Hi-Res Artworks, Wallpapers & Fan Art [OT] Cover Art, Concept Art, Banners, Posters & Print Ads

Cover Art, Concept Art, Banners, Posters & Print Ads are the definition of Hi-Res Artworks which is in the thread title since it represents all the Highest Resolution art and helps the title to be shorter. Print Ads is towards advertising the artworks, filled with logos, stickers, etc half the sized of the initial artworks. I don't know. I don't see them so common in the thread therefore I don't see "Print Ads" a place in the title thread . What do you guys think ?

I was thinking of adding Legendary word in the title and it fits great with the history of it. If you go back in time and look at the internet history, there wasn't any other thread having such concept of giving artworks away. From here other boards took the idea by opening their own identical thread. What do you guys think ?

Top Bottom