• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kazuya Mishima vs. Kazuma Kiryu: who would win in a fight?

Round 1, Fight

Results are only viewable after voting.

StereoVsn

If anything that just puts them on an equal level since firearms are generally ineffective against Kiryu. In heat mode he can simply block them without taking damage.

Exactly. Kiryu can just go invincible against guns. Then he can counter and dragon punch the hell out of that punk (in human form :p). Note the tiger and bear killing by Kiryu. All he needs is a chair or a bike and we are done here.

StereoVsn

I don't really know who that other guy is but Kazuya would own him.

Anyone who says that should immediately at the least order Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 (and get a PS3 if they don't have it). Preferably you would play Yakuza 2 also as you get to punch tigers there (and fight ridiculously tough mob bosses bare chested on top of exploding skyscraper).

That said, you still get to hunt bears in following Yakuza games (and shrug off bullets).

Mr Rivuz

Kazuya's powers are just for show, he looks almighty in cutscenes but in actual fights he struggles to beat little girls, funny animals and old men in one on one matches. Kiryu meanwhile looks more 'human' but when the action starts he just destroys everything he meets.

Kazuya would become an host after fighting Kiryu.

Zukuu

Banned
At that is why these discussions are pointless on gaming boards, since everything boils down to most people about "who do I like more?". They aren't able to look past their subjectiveness. You can't even call it a "battle", so hard would Kazuya win and despite that, the poll is almost 50/50. Wtf people.

Mr Rivuz

At that is why these discussions are pointless on gaming boards, since everything boils down to most people about "who do I like more?". They aren't able to look past their subjectiveness. You can't even call it a "battle", so hard would Kazuya win and despite that, the poll is almost 50/50. Wtf people.
Yeah, it's so frustrating, i hate it. People should understand this kinda discussions are serious business, not just fun!!!!

Bebpo

Banned

Yeah, but Kiryu has plot armor and that's the strongest defense there is.

Two Words

There is a canon Tekken movie that has Kazuya doing battle as if it is an early episode of Dragon Ball Z. This isn't a debate.

WaterAstro

Karaoke- Kiryu Wins

Picking up chicks- Kiryu wins

Taxi races - Kiryu wins

Normal fist fight no bs -Kiryu

Blogging- Kiryu

Actually fighting - Kazuya Mishima

L1fH1Jc.gif

I mean, if you're talking about some sort of objective comparison of their apparent capabilities, then obviously Kazuya.

I voted for Kiryu, though, because he's not a terrible character, so I assume whoever's writing this will find some sort of plot loophole that makes him win. Probably something involving multiple faked deaths and sudden but inevitable betrayals, if this is set in the Yakuza universe.

Kazuya could beat Kiryu since I don't see the latter being too motivated to fight such a meaningless battle.

If Kazuya is dumb enough to touch Haruka though...

tumblr_m8tixo6pfj1qabi47o3_500.gif

slothbeing

Neo Member
This poll only reflects people's ignorance. lol
Kazuya ripped a dinosaur in half in human form and is objectively superior.

Further proof
http://i.imgur.com/kwS2rGn.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/SuGXHLe.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/atvmUdN.gifv

Why would people think that kiryu can win this monster :eek:
I love both series but there is no way he can win this battle.
Every character in tekken can knock out kiryu in a second.
Bruce use his elbow to destroy a car? Bryan rip-off a tank with his bare hand? ....

Sayah

Those gifs just look like standard moves seen in the Yakuza series.

Let's see. Do I go with the character that punches a tiger or the one who rips dinosaurs and robots in half without even being in devil form yet.

Gee, I don't know.
Get your fanboy glasses off.

Astarte

Let's see. Do I go with the character that punches a tiger or the one who rips dinosaurs and robots in half without even being in devil form yet.

Gee, I don't know.
Get your fanboy glasses off.

Kazuya is also no match for sick taxi stunts.
You're taking this way too seriously dude.

This is truly remarkable. I caught 5 different instances last night where the poll was tied. Could this be the closest poll in GAF history?
It's funny that there is a poll for this.

It's even funnier that the poll result is very close right now.
this is a versus thread. why is it funny that there's a poll?

and I find it truly remarkable that the poll is so close. what's so funny about it to you?
There is a canon Tekken movie that has Kazuya doing battle as if it is an early episode of Dragon Ball Z. This isn't a debate.
if you're talking about blood vengeance, then no, it isn't canon.
lol, wtf is he doing with his hands
This poll only reflects people's ignorance. lol
Kazuya ripped a dinosaur in half in human form and is objectively superior.

Further proof
http://i.imgur.com/kwS2rGn.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/SuGXHLe.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/atvmUdN.gifv
blood vengeance isn't canon bruh..
I think most people who vote for Kiryu dont know anything about Kazuya.
this goes both ways.
Every time I see a name from Tekken, I think about Tatsumi Kimishima...
because "mishima"?
Ah, good ol' GameFAQs NeoGAF character battle threads.
it's funny that you mention that, because gamefaqs actually had its own version of this versus thread
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/66870493
Also now I want Kiryu in Tekken 7
This makes me want Kazuma in a Tekken game.
They should really have Kiryu as a guest fighter in the Tekken games.
I would absolutely love that, but unfortunately since Kazuma is Sega, he's probably more likely to appear in a virtua fighter game, if that still even is a thing.
Lots of people in Tekken have beaten up Kazuya. Why not Kazama?
You do mean Kazuma, right? Because Kazama, who is Kazuya's son, has already beaten him up.
lol, what a stupid question.
oh really? why is the poll so close & practically tied then?
Yeah, Haruka is gonna hand his ass to him, like this.
ah, if only kazuma taught her how to fight.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Pretty sure Kazuya isn't completely human...and has abilities OTHER than his martial arts prowess, that reside in the realm of supernatural/superhuman....so yeah, Mishima has his number.

convo

Kazuya would lazer them both and they would be dead.

Thats what would happen.

That's it

Kiryu would find a way to Komaki Tiger drop that shit somehow, you know never know until he tries.His moveset has become so ridiculous he can basically stun-lock everything and anyone when he's maxed out.

Astarte

Kiryu would find a way to Komaki Tiger drop that shit somehow, you know never know until he tries.His moveset has become so ridiculous he can basically stun-lock everything and anyone when he's maxed out.

He can avoid the lasers like every normal ass tekken character can.

convo

Kiryu would murder all the cast of Virtua Fighter single-handedly.

I know right, he would make the best bullshit mega boss! Everybody would hate him for being overpowered.
Also why are people so serious about this? Come on it's all in good fun. Both series have stupid things going for them.

Top Bottom