• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

52 games. 1 Year. 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mekes

From my OP.

Game 5: Everybody's gone to the Rapture - 12 hours. I haven't played a game on PS4 that has made me want to capture so many screenshots. Loved the game, great visuals, atmosphere, story and voice acting. Being a Brit, the development team did an amazing job of capturing the English countryside.

From my first post.

GAME 06: Raw Danger!: The Telltale-like? game I never knew I wanted. While there are a couple of "campy?" scenes of dialogue, there are legit scenes that got me teary eyed, surprised and hyped from the plot. The controls are kinda bad, yet the mechanics of the games are really cool and well thought out.

NMFried

Forgot to claim a post early as I didn't see the thread, so here's mine now.

Game 01: Assassin's Creed Syndicate
A much-needed return to form for the series. Also, there's no other weapon necessary other than the cane sword.

Game 02: Batman Arkham Knight
So unbelievably packed with content that I'm still working on that 100%. Though, getting the season pass for free is probably why there's so much.

Game 03: Deadpool
Bleccchhhh. I really didn't like this game, but I pushed through it. You can do better, High Moon.

Game 04: Journey

Finally got around to playing this on PS4 and it was just so blissful and amazing.

Game 05: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

I never got a chance to play the first game in the series so the Nathan Drake Collection helped with this. Holds up well.

Game 06: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

A replay of one of my favorite games of all time. Holds up amazing well and still crushes most current gen titles.

Game 07: Tales From The Borderlands
Funny, emotional, gripping. All of it. I loved this from start to finish.

I can't believe people put episodes as a full game. Lame.

I agree but hey its allowed. If you play just one and that is it? sure im fine but not if you play all of them. Oh well. If I play just one episode and realize I do not like it and will not continue then ok ill list it.

I can't believe people put episodes as a full game. Lame.
I don't see why it matters. Individual episodes are longer than many games some of us are playing.

Granted, I personally would only count individual episodes if the game isn't finished (e.g. I'd count Kentucky Route Zero but not Life is Strange), but really that's up to each person's discretion. It's not like it hurts you if people do it anyways.

maxcriden

From my first post.

GAME 06: Raw Danger!: The Telltale-like? game I never knew I wanted. While there are a couple of "campy?" scenes of dialogue, there are legit scenes that got me teary eyed, surprised and hyped from the plot. The controls are kinda bad, yet the mechanics of the games are really cool and well thought out.

I've got this game I think. I haven't played it though. Is there any harm to animals or hunting or fighting animals involved?

vocab

You could try minding your own business. If 30 minutes long flash games count, I am not sure why 2~3 hours long episodes don't.

Hey man whatever helps you get that 52 games quicker. Soon we will just put lets plays you watched as games you beat because why not.

Hey man whatever helps you get that 52 games quicker. Soon we will just put lets plays you watched as games you beat because why not.
Yeah. Playing a three hour episode of a game and a Let's Play. Gee, those sure are the same thing. What a witty fellow you are!

Do you have a reason that you came in here to shit up the thread? Suit up or get out.

Do episodic games count as a single game or X amount of games?

Individual episodes count for one game.

I read it as "The individual episodes of a series count as one whole game" vs. "Each individual episode count as a game." I think it's just because the answer said it counts for "one" game, which in my head read like "single" which I interpreted as the individual parts count as one whole game....fucking a.

I'm about to do Life as Strange as well, lol.

Spyware

No one gets to decide what is and isn't a game for someone else, and I think it's extremely rude to come in and try to tell people what is and isn't "right" in a thread about a fun and silly self-imposed individual "challenge". It isn't a race or a competition, so why does it matter to you what other people do with their lists? Gah.

Shizza

No one gets to decide what is and isn't a game for someone else, and I think it's extremely rude to come in and try to tell people what is and isn't "right" in a thread about a fun and silly self-imposed individual "challenge". It isn't a race or a competition, so why does it matter to you what other people do with their lists? Gah.

I have to agree, and personally I don't care what other people count as "games played" for themselves.

I see it more of a challenge for myself to hit 52 games, and everyone else's posts as inspiration and ideas for new games to check out.

DasFool

Link to my OP

January 2016

1) Remember Me (January 2, PC, 9 hours)
Middling game with incredible ideas and awful execution. Terrible controls and sequences amount to what feels like a budget game to play with little variety. However, the overall narrative and setting are quite good, almost becoming the sole reason I didn't drop it outright. Glad to see how DONTNOD learned from this and made Life is Strange focus entirely on the narrative.

2. Picross E6 (January 5, Nintendo 3DS, 30 hours)
3. Devil May Cry 4 (January 7, PC, 15 hours)
4. Nimble Quest (January 10, PC, 1.5 hours)
5. Penumbra: Black Plague (January 13, PC, 4 hours)
6. Penumbra: Requiem (January 14, PC, 3 hours)
7. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (January 26, PC, 95 hours)
8. Paint it Back (January 30, PC, 35 hours)

February 2016

9. Dying Light (February 9, PC, 46 hours)
10. Resident Evil (REmake) (February 18, Gamecube via Dolphin, ~9-10 hours)
11. American Truck Simulator (February 20, PC, 48 hours. NOTE: Not really "possible" to finish, but 100% achievements and garages filled)
12. Containment: The Zombie Puzzler (February 21, PC, 2.5 hours)
13. Hook (February 22, PC, 1 hour)
14. Far Cry 2 (February 25, PC, 20 hours)

March 2016

15. Gateways (March 7, PC, 2.5 hours)
16. Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (March 10, PC, 11 hours)
17. Mirror's Edge (March 17, PC, 4 hours)

April 2016

18. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (April 8, PC, 55 hours. NOTE: had already beaten on PS3, never had the DLC)
19. Dark Souls III (April 21, PC, 80 hours).

May 2016

20. Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall (May 2, PC, 4 hours)
21. Squarecells (May 3, PC, 2.5 hours)
22. Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches (May 3, PC, 4.5 hours)
23. The Talos Principle (May 11, PC, 20 hours)

June 2016

24. Hard Reset: Redux (June 5, PC, 7 hours)
25. Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition (June 18, PC, 7 hours. Played entirely in cooperative)
26. RUSH (June 19, PC, 3 hours)
27. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (June 24, PC, 4 hours)

July 2016

28. Zero Time Dilemma (July 1, PC, 21 hours)

August 2016

29. Far Cry (August 11, PC, 10 hours)
30. Shelter (August 12, PC, 2 hours)
31. Silent Hill 1 (August 15, PS1, 6 hours)
32. Silent Hill 2 (August 18, PS2, ~10 hours)
33. SIlent Hill 3 (August 24, PS2, ~10 hours)

September 2016

34. Singularity (September 8, PC, ~7 hours)

October 2016

35. Clustertruck (October 4, PC, ~3 hours)
36. Alien Isolation - Crew Expendable (October 23, PC, ~20 minutes)
37. Alien Isolation - Last Survivor (October 23, PC, ~20 minutes)

November 2016

38. Fallout 4 (November 5, PC, ~70 hours)

December 2016

39. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (December 7, PC, ~55 hours)
40. Odallus: The Dark Call (December 14, PC, 5 hours)
41. Shantae: Risky's Revenge (December 17, PC, 6 hours)
42. Myst (December 20, PC, 5 hours)
43. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (December 24, PC, 8 hours)

PTAdrock

Neo Member
[post=191044952]Claim[/post]

header.jpg

Game 2: Huniepop PC - 12 hours 2/52
This is quite the game. When I came into this game I had a mild love for bejeweled. I also had heard good things and when it was on sale for about 4 dollars I figure it was now or never. Huniepop follows the protag who is terrible with the ladies. With help from a friend, you gain the ability to become the perfect pick up artist. Sounds great right? Well it is here where I found my first problem. You have the option of choosing your gender, and I have no idea why. One would think it is so if you are a woman you could seduce men to getting into the sack with you, but that is next level of thinking my friend. Whether you are a woman or a man, you are still wooing women. So if you are a straight woman or a homosexual man guess you better take your bejeweled skills somewhere else buddy. The game gives minor variation between the two. So much so had I forgot what gender I had chosen until my partner called me a “big guy.”

Your partner gauges your skills in the beginning, judging you like she is from the obnoxious parts of the internet. She got so annoying that I muted her for a bit thinking it was just her. I would later realize that each woman has something off. You are given a bit of advice about each woman before you plan your attack. I will say some of the conversation openers were pretty good. But after you have reached the friend area, you can just casually ask them their weight or bra size. I’m not sure if many would share that with someone they just met. They also will ask, nay, demand that you still remember it which feels weird for some of them because their least desired trait is sexuallity. As you progress through the game you chat it up with the ladies getting points to upgrade your traits for dates. This quickly devolved into "who is the outcast so I will never forget your info." You can have four dates a day, but only date a specific person once per day. Which would be fine if they had more in terms of dialog or flavor text so you don’t get the same questions over again. You can buy them stuff to speed up the grinding of traits but you need money for that. You only get money from going on dates which strike me as off as well. If the protag is paying for the date, why does the protag get money from the date? Shouldn't there be another way to get money and you use it to pay for the date? Again, next level thinking.

So dates, or the bejeweled part of the game, starts off simple enough. Reach a certain amount of points before you run out of turns and away we go. But after each date the difficulty is ramped up which was fine at first. Then the game decided to make bejeweled a boring task. There are tokens scattered about the play area that are called broken hearts. if you link 3 or more in the row it eats up your points. I can't tell how frustrating it is to be close to wooing the girl only to have broken hearts fall from the aether in a row which knocks me back, making wooing impossible. But skip all that, you want to know if the scenes you get after using your bejeweled skills worth the buy right? Well imagine you just got paid for a job well done at sudoku inc. Well in order to cash that paycheck you must then do a timed sudoku puzzle. When you finally do that, you count up your money and realize you only got a fraction of what was promised. Yup, I feel like I got cheated from a game I paid 4 dollars for, so you be the judge of that.

OP

January continued:

2. Legend of Grimrock 2 / 44 hrs

I loved this game, exploration/puzzle wise. I still don't like the combat system very much, but it was worth it to experience this game fully. LoG3 please!

3. Yakuza / 20 hrs

I've been wanting to play this series for a while now, hoping for news of the HD remake's release....but I finally broke down and played it on PS2. I loved it, despite its many flaws camera/combat wise.

4. Pony Island / 3 hrs

This streak of amazing games in January continues. Everyone should play this gem.

5. The Room 3 / 7 hrs

Ditto. I love this series and this was by far the best. Got all the endings.

6. Yakuza 2 / 30 hrs

Way better than 1 in controls and camera. Love the sidequests especially the Host bar(though I skipped all minigames and hostess dating). Hopefully my copy of Yakuza 3 will arrive tomorrow. Already have 4 from PS Plus, and will buy 5 as soon as I beat these two. What a series so far!

6 games / 120 hrs

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Year of the JRPG rolls on with Atelier Rorona Plus, Atelier Totori, and Atelier Meruru all being beaten with the worst possible endings! As the playtimes would show that was far from my intention at the outset but things snowballed into a pit of failure~

Games Beaten: 04 / 52
Total Playtime: 99 hours, 02 minutes, 39 seconds

01 - ??

Intel_89

Do episodic games count as a single game or X amount of games?

Individual episodes count for one game.

I read it as "The individual episodes of a series count as one whole game" vs. "Each individual episode count as a game." I think it's just because the answer said it counts for "one" game, which in my head read like "single" which I interpreted as the individual parts count as one whole game....fucking a.

I'm about to do Life as Strange as well, lol.

I was confused already before posting but now I'm even more after readin this. Say, Tales from Borderlands has 5 episodes, does that count as 5 games or 1 game?

-----------------

Main post

Game 04: Legend of Korra [PS4] (6h, working towards getting the platinum)

3*

Platinum can't do a bad game, I still believe this after playing Legend of Korra. The combat feels fluid as always and the game looks pretty good for a budget download title. Scratch that last part, what I just said applies to the interity of the game, it's a pretty good budget download title of a licensed IP. I never watched the show but the story was ok on it's own, the characters and dialogues had some personality and as action brawlers go it's good enough. The different bending styles work really well even though their a little unbalanced, I'm doing an Extreme run right now and Water is close to useless with Wind being the main element that kills everyone in an instant. The difficulty is a little unbalanced as well but it's not a big deal if you're used to P*, and it might still be their easiest game to date. Cool stuff.

I've made it my mission to actually play and beat more games this year. Sure, collecting Steam sales gives you one hell of a shopper's high, but the crushing depression afterwards, seeing a list of games upon games that you've barely beaten sure does smell like defeat. Which smells slightly of vinegar; or that just might be my t-shirt, I've had the damn thing on for four days. Anyway, I think I'll attempt this challenge. Sure, I could spend a hundred hours on Fallout 4, but no, shit needs to get beaten. So, let's start with a few short games to ease my way into this thing.

So, I claim this small piece of land and will update it later with the first two games I've beaten this year.

septicore

OP

Game 04: Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita) 07/01/16 - 14/01/16
Much crazier than the 1st game and also much longer that I felt it was kinda slow at the beginning but once I was at the halfway point of the game, I knew I was in for a very crazy twisted ride to the end.

Malyse

game02_by_fake_magical_girl-d9xcdww.gif

Time: 2:33 hours
Score: More fun than it is good
Thoughts: This game is shameless Mega Man copy. But, it's a really fun shameless Mega Man copy. Parts of it are hilariously broken, and the translation could use some QA, but for such a low asking price I'll overlook a lot of flaws. There was a lot more content than in the first game and they made quite a few improvements. Also, I didn't anticipate this, but I'm interested in where the story goes next. I'll end up listing this again later; since the OP says episodic games are one game per episode, I figure that a game with two modes that has different, separate storylines (that each end with their own credit roll) should count as multiple games as well.

zizou2.png

Master List

I was confused already before posting but now I'm even more after readin this. Say, Tales from Borderlands has 5 episodes, does that count as 5 games or 1 game?

Personally, I say count it for whatever you want. 5 games, 1 game, this is just a personal contest as far as I'm concerned. I know I have it easy and can play over 52 games a year, so I count them as one. If you're more constrained for time, bloat your count, because in the grand scheme of things WHO CARES!

Spyware

No need to be confused! We said in the last thread that you can do whatever feels best for you. If you want it to be 5 games, then count it as 5 games. It's a personal challenge and meant to be fun, so do whatever feels right for you.

Intel_89

Personally, I say count it for whatever you want. 5 games, 1 game, this is just a personal contest as far as I'm concerned. I know I have it easy and can play over 52 games a year, so I count them as one. If you're more constrained for time, bloat your count, because in the grand scheme of things WHO CARES!

No need to be confused! We said in the last thread that you can do whatever feels best for you. If you want it to be 5 games, then count it as 5 games. It's a personal challenge and meant to be fun, so do whatever feels right for you.

Fair enough, I'll leave it open until the end of the year just in case I end up needing some games to get to the 52 haha, thanks.

Master Post

qbgqf9w.png

Game 5: Three Fourths Home - 45 minutes - January 14th, 2016
A game that tackles disabilities, depression, parent-child relations and Millennial self-focus all in 45 minutes? Most writers would hesitate to cover one of those topics in a single game, let alone all of them. Three Fourths Home provides branching narratives based on your choices, thus delving into topics differently based on how you respond to your family. Two things stand out from the game. The first is that the control system is actually a bit genius. My hand was cramping and I was finding it hard to concentrate on the driving and the conversation. Normally a hand cramp wouldn't be worthy of praise, but this is a game about talking on the phone while driving home (in a huge rainstorm). Of course it shouldn't feel great to control, doing that in real life isn't the easiest thing either. The second standout aspect of the game is that you (the player) can understand pieces of the backstory, but you can't understand all of it, even though you direct the conversation. This feeling of understanding and confusion mixed together give the player a sharply realistic portrait of the manner in which families conversate. From the outside looking in, you can understand the basics, but the deeper parts remain secrets that only the participants "get." The idea of family really permeates the whole game, and it can seem as though there is a message being offered. The reviewer on Kill Screen said that it felt like the game was saying that the answer being offered to Millennial problems was just “pay attention to your family” and that "That would be a fairly one-dimensional answer to a very complicated question." I don't think that it is such a one-dimensional answer. In fact, I strongly feel that it could be the answer. Three Fourths Home certainly will make you think about such things, and might just be worth your time because of that.
Should I play Three Fourths Home? Sure, if you're alright with the concept of thoughtful, low-interactivity, "interactive fiction."

BraXzy

I have to agree, and personally I don't care what other people count as "games played" for themselves.

I see it more of a challenge for myself to hit 52 games, and everyone else's posts as inspiration and ideas for new games to check out.

Exactly, my thoughts too.

Zoracka

lego_city_undercover_miiverse.jpg

#5 - Lego City: Undercover - Wii U, 20 hours
Completion Goal: Complete the story and do some side activities.

I actually bought this game a long time ago, played it for a couple of hours and never really picked it up again. Why exactly I did not do that, I don't know. But my wife's small cousins bought it for their Wii U and needed my help. Suddenly I wanted to play this game again. Let me preface this by saying I've never really played any other Lego games and the reason for my initially interest in this title is mostly the open world and GTA-inspired setting.

The premise of Lego City: Undercover is simple. You're Chase McCain, a cop who captured Lego City's most notorious criminal, Rex Fury. Unfortunately for you, the police inspector took all the credit and some mistakes were made, which made Chase leave Lego City for a couple of years. The game starts off by Chase McCain returning to Lego City, where Rex Fury has escaped prison. It's now up to Chase capture Rex Fury once again and save Lego City and its inhabitants.

In other Lego games it is possible to switch characters on the fly, but since the story of Lego City: Undercover revolves around Chase McCain, this is not possible. Instead Chase is able to change costumes and each costume has a set of unique abilities. For example, the police costume has a hookshot and the robber costume has a crowbar that can break doors open. Several costumes are unlocked throughout the game as the story progresses. Some abilities and costumes unlock quite late, which helps making the missions feel rewarding. Other than costumes, the game has a ton of unlocks. It's possible to unlock outfits for each costume - For example the original robber outfit is a classic black-grey striped shirt with a black hat, but later it can be a gangster or the like. There are also vehicles, red blocks and golden blocks to be found throughout the game. Of those mentioned, the blocks stand out. There are 40 red blocks hidden and each of them unlocks extra features to the game - such as multiplier studs, unlimited explosives, super throw etc. Golden blocks are not found as such, but are rewarded for each activity completed - whether it's a mission, capturing an alien or watering a plant. When all 400-something golden blocks are collected, the game is 100% complete. I stopped playing at around 45%.

Beneath all the collectibles (that puts Donkey Kong 64 to shame) there is actually a good game to be found. Performance wise the game is far away from a masterpiece (The framerate is unstable and rarely steadies at 30 running around the open world) and the story is nothing amazing either. But Lego City: Undercover did one thing for me, that games not all that often do. I laughed of many of the jokes, the dialogue was quite witty and some of the characters are outright hilarious. Many of the missions are "inspired" (They are parodies) of movies and there are a ton of great references. One of my favorite is a character who is obviously a parody of Arnold Schwarzenegger whose dialogue consists of movie titles that Arnold has been in ("I have Total Recall of what happened").

Overall my experience with this game was very positive, which surprised me. While it's one of the simpler games when talking mechanics, I think the writing and general humour (I mean, you get a costume who has a chicken and shoots eggs with it). If you can live with a quite bad framerate, I'd most definitely recommend Lego City: Undercover.

Main Post

Ozium

1. Xenoblade Chronicles X - 130 hours
--best game ever hindered by some performance issues but they will iron those out and make everything better in the nx sequel, believe--

2. Undertale - 4 hours
--it's ok--

3. Her Story - 3 hours
--overrated, story was OK, the way it's told is cool tho--

4. Pony Island - 3 hours
--really nice game that took me by surprise--

5. Pikmin 3 - 14 hours
--best pikmin ever--

6. The Deadly Tower of Monsters - 5 hours
--finished main story, will replay for collectibles later when I'm bored.. good fun, like a 1950s sci fi movie from ACE team--

7. The Charnel House Trilogy - 2 hours
--adventure game, really good--

8. SUPERHOT - 12 hours
--the most innovative blah blah--

9. Danganronpa - 29 hours
--d e s p a i r upupupupu---

10. Mad Max - 25 hours
--great fun at first but became tedious after awhile, story is better than fury road--

11. Over the Void - 2 hours
--psychedelic first person adventure game--

12. D4 - 6 hours
--what the fuck did I just play... dat cliffhanger hngggg--

13. Hyper Light Drifter - 9 hours
--goty contender tbqh--

14. My Name Is Mayo - 50 minutes
--Life altering clicker game--

15. American Truck Simulator - 29 hours
--I will play more of this but I have most of the cheevos and will probably pick it back up again when Arizona comes out but I'm gonna count it as a completed game--

16. Mind Snares: Alice's Journey - 3 hours
--hidden object game--

17. Never Alone - 4 hours

18. Danganronpa 2 - 29 hours

19. Moonlight - 1 hour

20. Hitman Ep 1 - 19 hours

21. There's Poop in my Soup - 1 hour

22. Wolfenstein: The New Order - 18 hours

23. Hitman Ep 2 - 20 hours

24. Knee Deep - 6 hours

25. NotCOD - 4 hours

26. Sunset - 5.2 hours

27. Stellaris - 47 hours

28. Absolute Drift - 3 hours

29. Star Fox Zero - 20 hours

30. Mushroom 11 - 7 hours

31. DOOM - 16 hours

32. The Room Two - 2 hours

33. Stasis - 7 hours

34. The Evil Within - 24 hours

35. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux - 3 hours

36. Kero Blaster - 4 hours

37. ABZU - 2 hours

38. Planet of the Eyes - 1h10m

[39. The Beginner's Guide - 1h30m

40. Blue Estate - 3 hours

41. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - 26 hours

42. Obduction - 14 hours

43. The Witness - 20 hours

44. Dead Rising - 17 hours

45. The Bunker - 2 hours

46. Plantera - 8 hours

47. Oxenfree - 5 hours

48. Dark Fear - 4 hours

49. House of Caravan - 2 hours

50. Civ 6 - 30 hours so far

51. Resident Evil Revelations 2 - 15 hours

52. Wolfenstein The Old Blood - 10 hours

BraXzy

Contender for 2015 GOTY for me, and I almost missed it. I streamed my playthrough for a couple of friends to watch, and it made it all the better. You owe it to yourself to play this one at some point.

ZLaYHmq.png

GAME 10: Undertale - 8 Hours - 14/01/2016 - PC

A masterpiece. A superb soundtrack, incredibly clever writing, unique battle system.. Amazing characters that I cared about. 2D Sprites that I cared about! Quite the rollercoaster that I was able to share with two friends. I almost missed this gem, make sure you don't.

OP

Game #5 - Game of Thrones (PS4)
Fantasy is not really my thing, no matter what form it comes in media wise. This game was no exception. I'm sure it was a fun ride for fans of the license but I had trouble getting truly invested. Not being as invested in this stopped me from overlooking some of the more noticeable flaws that I usually would in a game of this type. More than ever in a Telltale games I felt like my decisions were useless. Definitely my least favorite Telltale game I've played with The Walking Dead season 2.

Dr. Buni

Game 7: Bravely Default [3DS] --- ~40 hours played.

qxNskzC.png

Really not feeling like typing a huge review for this game. I thought it was pretty good. The best things about it are the music (Revo too good, the fact he didn't work on Bravely Second + the fact they went overboard with the fanservice = no buy... probably), visuals and the gameplay (battle system is just too good). The story had potential, but didn't work that well. The twist was awesome (really!). The characters range from decent to extremely mediocre. Lastly, the humor is horrendous. Seriously, if you don't know how to do humor... don't even try.

Oh and the infamous chapter 5~8? Yeah, that's pretty bad. At first I thought I wouldn't mind them, but I got tired of re-battling bosses really quick. So I decided to get the "Bad ending" and be done with the game, at least for now. I will probably do the "True ending" in the future, using some of the various ways of breaking the game to beat the bosses.

That might sound harsh, but I recommend the game, it is really good. It is just not without (various) flaws.

Khrae

Hello game fans.

Original post
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=190946675&postcount=188

Game 1. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons PC <3hrs. Short and sweet, control irritation probably would have made it wear out its welcome if it was much longer. 01/01/16

Game 2 Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc. PSVita ~25hrs Debate controls were a little finicky, but was enjoyably silly. 06/01/16

Game 3. Final Fantasy 7 PC ~40hrs Been a while since I played it, 15 years possibly? Had forgotten the order of a lot of stuff that happens. Even so, could still anticipate most of the dialogue before I saw it. 09/01/16
Game 4. Gunpoint PC, 5hrs. I may have killed more people than I actually avenged here. Either way, I need a drink. 10/01/16

Strong start to the month but now it's 5 days since I completed a game and I'm starting to get distracted by open-ended mp games, and wondering if I can shoe-horn those in here..

gaiages

Banned
Year of the JRPG rolls on with Atelier Rorona Plus, Atelier Totori, and Atelier Meruru all being beaten with the worst possible endings! As the playtimes would show that was far from my intention at the outset but things snowballed into a pit of failure~

Games Beaten: 04 / 52
Total Playtime: 99 hours, 02 minutes, 39 seconds

01 - ??

This is probably too late to help but... I believe in Atelier Totori, for Gino's ending you have to get Sterk's friendship up too. I was gunning for Sterk's ending and remembered that I had to get like all of Gino's events to get that end.

In case you have a save file a little earlier in the game or something. >.>" Atelier ends can be very obtuse to actually hit sometimes.

Game #05 - Steven Universe: Attack the Light
Time Played: ~4-5 hours

ltvVl97.jpg

It was free and cute and an entertaining little romp that just barely overstayed its welcome. The character building didn't really come into its own until way too late into the game, but considering that the game takes a maximum of maybe five hours, I don't think that's a huge deal. It was a cute distraction and a surprisingly solid mini-RPG.

Original post

7OtDeDdl.png

6. Hitman Go (Android, 2014) - 7:29 (+2:25 in 2015)
All chapters completed, 263/263 objectives. Five hints used.

EA's put out a whole ton of mobile games, ranging from the merely unfortunate to the offensive (hello Dungeon Keeper). Ubisoft's had their fair share of attempts too, some of them decent from what I've heard. But Square Enix's attempt to bring the Hitman franchise to portable devices is the first mobile game I've played from a traditional video games developer I can recommend to people without hesitation. It distills the stealth assasination gameplay of Hitman into a chess-like board game, with various pieces on the board presenting different threats to your assassin as he attempts to escape to the next level or take out his targets. As befits the puzzle-like nature of the game, there are multiple paths to victory, and additional optional objectives to strive for.

Those optional objectives are maybe my only real beef with Hitman Go. Some of them, especially the "complete in X turns or less" ones, really only have one solution that usually involves a fair bit of backtracking or burning turns. Others are mutually exclusive--you can either pick up the bonus briefcase, or you can complete the level in as few turns as possible, but you can't do both at once. All it means is that you have to perform multiple playthroughs of a level, and at only a few minutes each it's no great burden. But it does feel like the optional objectives expose the limits of Hitman Go's essential design: there are only so many permutations of moves possible in each level, and only so many ways to craft objectives that force you to explore them while remaining successful.

But besides that, there's really very little to complain about besides your poor phone battery's performance. It looks fantastic, avoiding the pitfall of trying to get too flashy at the cost of performance and sticking with a winning board game aesthetic. It's easy to play on the go, with levels rarely taking more than a minute or two to run through, but potentially requiring much longer to actually solve. It only needs one hand to play, which is convenient for cramped transit commutes. Finally, what few in-app purchases there are in the game don't interfere with the game's core design and are easy to avoid if you know your way around a puzzle.

There are few mobile games that I'm sad to leave behind, but Hitman Go makes the list. Luckily, there's Lara Croft Go ready to keep me company for at least a few more streetcar trips.

PTAdrock

Neo Member
[post=191044952]Claim[/post]

header.jpg

Game 3: Five Nights at Freddy's PC - 3 Hours 3/52
I'll keep this short since today is my birthday. Instead of using money to creep on animatronics at chucky cheese, I went to Freddy's so they can creep on me. Horror tower defense and you are the tower. pretty good for what it is worth. Now back to drowning myself in cake.

xSL4INx

OP

Just finished the first game of the year, Fire Emblem Awakening on the 3DS. Amazing game!

Couple of games up on deck for next:

(PC) Tomb Raider (2013)
(3DS) Yo-Kai! Watch

dougalism

Neo Member
Dougalism - Progress 59/52

Game 1: Driveclub (PS4) - 7/1
I really don't understand the hate for this game. Beat nearly all of the DLC too.

Game 2 : Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (PSP) - 20/1
I can't recommend this game enough. Well worth the wait, now if only there was some way to get 3rd in English.

Game 3 : Life is Strange (PS4) - 23/1
Another fantastic game. the final episode wasn't nearly as good as the other 4 episodes but those 4 were amazing.

Game 4 : Shadows of the Damned (PS3) - 27/1
Pretty much a 8 hour long cock joke

Game 5 : Asura's Wrath (PS3) - 2/2
That ended really abruptly. Pretty disappointing Capcom decided to sell the actual ending as DLC, if they ever put it on sale I'll probably get it, making me part of the problem I suppose,

Game 6 : Fallout 3 - The Pitt (PS3) - 4/3
Pretty decent bit of DLC however, I'm not one to usual complain about frame rates and performance but all of the Fallout DLC bar Mothership Zeta has crashed on me multiple times and has caused me to just rush through them.

Game 7 : Fallout 3 - Operation Anchorage (PS3) - 5/3
Not as good as The PItt but better than Mothership Zeta.

Game 8 : Fallout 3 - Point Lookout (PS3) - 5/3
Best of the Fallout 3 DLC's I've played so far.

Game 9 : Fallout 3 - Mothership Zeta (PS3) - 6/3
The worst of the Fallout 3 DLC's but at least it didn't crash on me or crawl along at 5FPS

Game 10 : Fallout 3 (PS3) - 7/3
I can see why people raved about this, however I really struggled to care at all about the story. Still I've got a game I started 6 years 10 months and 1 week ago off of the backlog

Game 11 : Fallout 3 - Broken Steel (PS3) - 8/3
it had the same problems as the other pieces of DLC, namely it ran like shit and crashed nearly every 20 minutes. Whilst I didn't have many technical issues with the main game, the DLC has been a trial.

Game 12: ICO (PS3) - 15/3
Fantastic palette cleanser after Fallout 3, really made me regret not picking it up back in 2002.

Game 13: God of War: Chains of Olympus (PS3) - 27/3
Pretty short, but oh so very pretty for a PSP game.

Game 14: Dynamite Deka (PS2Classics) - 27/3
Even shorter than I remembered and I could only beat it on easy mode.

Game 15: Braid (PS3) - 27/3
Very late to the party, great game a couple of infuriatingly annoying puzzles towards the end aside.

Game 16: God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PS3) - 28/3
I think that's enough God of War games for me for a while.

Game 17: Split/Second (PS3) - 19/4
Pretty good arcade racer, online is predictably dead.

Game 18: The House of the Dead III (PS3) 21/4
The PS3 fridge is getting well and truly cleaned.

Game 19: Ducktales: Remastered (PS3) 25/4
I'd never played the NES version but loved Ducktales the show and this has led me down a Ducktales watching rabbit hole.

Game 20: Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time (PS3) 7/5
Finally got round to finishing the PS3 trilogy. Pretty good.

Game 21: Echochrome (PS3) 20/5
Beat all courses and stage up to G1 the last 8 stages are just too much for me.

Game 22: Assassin's Creed: Liberation (VITA) 22/5
Pretty average overall, not sure how it links into the AC story at all and the VITA exclusive controls are at best shoddy and at worst shit.

Game 23: Don't Die Dateless, Dummy! (PSM) 25/5
Really short, got all 3 endings though.

Game 24: Fragment's Note (PSM) 26/5
Another really short VN, pretty creepy "sister" route too ;/

Game 25: Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble (PSP) 30/5
Pretty fun, beat once, dominated 32 banchos and beat the Shinsengumi, still only managed to clear 19.3% of the game though

Game 26: Driving Emotion Type S (PS2) 31/5
Possibly the worst racing game I have ever played. I remember wanting this game when i originally came out in 2000 I'm really glad I didn't spend £40 on it back then, even the £2 I paid feels too much. When driving in a straight line is one off the most challenging things to do in you racing game something is seriously wrong.

Game 27: .Hack //GU// Vol 2: Reminisce (PS2) - 11/6
I enjoyed it more than any other of the .Hack games even in spite of the peak anime story.

Game 28: .Hack //GU// Vol 3: Redemption (PS2) - 27/6
Probably shouldn't have played 2 of these back to back.

Game 29: Game Of Thrones (PS4) - 28/6
Not nearly as bad as people make out but conversely not nearly as good as Walking Dead S1 or TWAU.

Game 30: Everybody's Gone to The Rapture (PS4) - 30/6
It really captured the feeling of a rural English village, reminded me of where I grew up.

Game 31: Tales of Legendia (PS2) - 20/7
Pretty average apart from the soundtrack which is phenomenal

Game 32: Everybody's Tennis (PSP) - 12/8
Beat the story mode and unlocked all characters, it got quite difficult towards the end.

Game 33: Klonoa: Door to Phantomile - 19/8 (PSOne Classics)
Charming. I would have enjoyed it more if my VITA didn't insist that my memory card has been removed so much that I had to redo the last 3 stages multiple times.

Game 34: MonsterBag (VITA) - 21/8
Short and sweet. The perfect game for PS+ as I would likely have never picked it up otherwise.

Game 35: Nidhogg (PS4) - 10/9
Great couch Co-Op game

Game 36: Thomas Was Alone: Benjamin's Flight (PS4) - 10/9
Really short but still as charming as the main game, plus jetpacks!

Game 37: Metal Slug 3 (PS4) - 11/9
Or how to get RSI.

Game 38: Guilty Gear (PsOne Classics) - 12/9
Fighting games really are wasted on me, beat arcade mode with Sol.

Game 39: Mr Driller (PsOne Classics) - 12/9
Beat arcade mode to 2500ft. This one will be staying on my PSP go for a long time.

Game 40: The Saboteur (PS3) - 28/9
Another one that has been stuck in the backlog for too long. I really liked it.

Game 41: Street Fighter Alpha (PsOne Classics) - 28/9
Beat the arcade mode with Ryu. still awful at fighters

Game 42: Sumioni: Demon Arts (VITA) - 29/9
Short, wonderful art style. It's still such a pity that the VITA never really took off.

Game 43: Street Fighter Alpha 2 (PsOne Classics) - 29/9
Beat the arcade mode with Dan. A scrub is as a scrub does.

Game 44: Victory Boxing : Champion Edition (PS1) - 1/10
Middleweight champion of the world. This really has aged terribly.

Game 45: Beyond: Two Souls (PS3) - 9/10
A better game than Heavy Rain but I still preferred the story in Heavy Rain

Game 46: NBA Jam Extreme (PS1) - 10/10
I don't remember the AI being this cheap in T.E on the SNES, also the loading times are crazy bad.

Game 47: Short Peace: Ranko Tsukigimes Longest Day (PS3) -11/10
Stylish but short with an amazing Akira Yamaoka soundtrack.

Game 48: The Getaway: Black Monday (PS2) - 13/10
Either this was a huge step back from the original or my memory is awful. The camera is really bad.

Game 49: Saints Row IV: Re-Elected Edition (PS4) - 30/10
Felt more like an expansion pack rather than a new full game.

Game 50: Saints Row IV: Enter the Dominatrix (PS4) - 31/10
Not very good at all, still it was a least short.

Game 51: Saints Row IV: How the saints save Christmas (PS4) - 1/11
Even worse than Enter the Dominatrix. Also pretty sure it rips of at least 1 Futurama Christmas episode.

Game 52: Ridge Racer (PSP) - 3/11
A real love letter to the Ridge Racer franchise, really makes me wish Ridge Racer 8 was a thing. Beating to the end of Pro mode.

Game 53: Tales from the Borderlands (PS4) - 7/11
Up there with The Walking Dead Season 1 and The Wolf Among Us. Makes me want to try Borderlands 1 & 2 that I've got in the backlog.

Game 54: Hatoful Boyfriend (PS4) - 10/11
That true end sure goes some places.

Game 55: Yakuza 5 (PS3) - 14/12
Yakuza continues to be a great series. Eagerly awaiting Zero

Game 56: Doodle Devil (PS3) - 14/12
It was free and only took an hour

Game 57: BioShock 2 - Minervas Den (PS3) - 16/12
DLC done right.

Game 58: Actual Sunlight (VITA) - 21/12
Pretty brutal reading.

Game 59: Vib-Ribbon (PSOneClassics) - 22/12
Still as charming at it was 16 years ago.

Hopefully I won't be as lazy this year and actually update this post.

MetalSlug

I can't believe I've already completed 8 games. I hardly gamed this fall, but have the inkling back.

Some have been quite short (6 minutes for one to about 2.5 hours), but others have been full retail games.

I've only played about 4 hours of gameplay in total since the year began :( My time is being comsumed by work and the gym. Really need to try and set aside some time to play through my backlog.

EDIT : Actually turns out that's a lie. I've only played about 30 mins lol

I'll probably get back to normal when Resident Evil 0 is released on Steam.

Game 3: Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix - 32:18 (Finished on 1/8)

sUvfffV.png

That charming mishmash of Disney, Square Enix and DARKNESS. It was a whimsical ride. Compared to the first Kingdom Hearts, swinging around the Keyblade felt more dynamic and engrossing, with all the abilities the game throws at you. I also appreciated the decrease in platforming sections, as I found them a bit clunky in KH1. And man, the boss fights were all so crazy and fun. I enjoyed the gimmicks they employed—doom counters, minigames mid fight, having your commands stolen away—they were all pretty unique from one another. Fights with normal enemies did get a bit repetitive though, particularly when revisiting worlds, and many a fight did boil down to “press triangle for awesome”. Seeing the moment to moment juxtaposition of Disney and Square Enix characters was silly and often heartwarming, but the greater story overall was kind of hard to follow at times. I got the gist of it, but I’ve found myself having to search around the internet to consolidate some of the finer details. Enjoyable game all around with some fantastic music to boot.

Game 4: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix - 24:52 (Finished on 1/14)

BQsp6f4.png

The combat in this game felt so good. The command styles were an interesting way to spice up the combat as it feels like your moveset is constantly changing. The command deck system in general was pretty great as I found myself using abilities I never really used in previous KH games, before melding them together to receive even more foreign abilities. Coming off of KH2, I was really confused and overwhelmed by the combat differences, but before long it became my favorite combat system thus far in the series. Having 3 playable characters was cool, but their routes were all pretty similar, so going through the game with each character felt pretty samey at times. I was actually surprised at some of the developments in plot. There were certainly… intriguing tie-ins with previous games in the series. Finished with Kingdom Hearts II.5 now, looking forward to II.8 and III

Original post.

marcincz

Last year I beat 41 games + 1 (The Order:1886 twice) and this is my best result in entire gaming career. Maybe this year I'll achieve 52.
So far this year I beat:

Game #01 : Lumines (PSV) - 07:29 h - 02/01/2016
Brillant puzzle game. I spent a great time with this title. Fantastic soundtrack. Just great.

Game #02: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PS3) - 05:49 h - 07/01/2016
At the beginning I was little disappointed. However next few hours was a pleasure to my mind. Climate of 80/90s movies and music. That was superb. Now I understand delight of gamers about this title. Last battle in a game? Damn, it was even better (that music!), than a helicopter mission in Far Cry 3.

Game #03: Kick&Fennick (PSV) - 07:55 h - 10/01/2016
I like this kind of games. I've played in many good or great platform games in my life, but K&F isn't one of them. Rather boring game.

Game #04: Hotline Miami (PSV) - 07:07 h - 15/01/2016
I expected much more. In my opinion very average gore game. However music was very hypnotizing.

Game #05: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (PS4) - 06:02 h - 19/01/2016
I've heard many good opinions about this game, so decided to buy it, last time. I like adventure games, so it was a good choice. I was very surprised how well this title looks like. Gorgeous audio-visual, beauty locations, interesting story and...broken end of the game.

Game #06: Driveclub - DLC Sakura (PS4) - 03:14 h - 21/01/2016
I love DC. One of the best racer I've ever played. Last year I bought Season Pass and now I can play in all DLCs to DC. Sakura was the first.

Game #07: Life is Strange (PS4) - 17:46 h - 31/01/2016
Funny is I hated demo of ep.1 released few months ago. I have bought this title, because physical release was bargain price and fantastic edition. Game, art book and soundtrack on cd in a case. I started it over one week ago and... I love it. It's my personal goty of 2015 and one of the best game I've ever played in my life. I was skeptical, but now I regret the story is over - I feel empty now. Amazing game. Story, music (next goty of 2015), rewinding time, heroes, city. Besides I don't remember more moving game, than LiS. The end totally has blown up my mind.

Game #08: Shovel Knight (PS4) - 11:07 h - 09/02/2016
Shovel Knight was very tough. Especially last 3 boss battles was real pain in the ass. However it is a good game in an oldschool style. After finishing I decided to take a break from hardcore games for a while.

Game #09: Kane & Lynch 2 (X360) - 05:03 h - 09/02/2016
The game was much better, than I expected and better, than previous part. Lynch is a real psychopath. I like this guy. :) Unfortunately very short - 5h campaign on normal. Strange camera, filters and censorship!? - was the biggest flops for me. Overall, solid and very, very intensive game.

Game #10: Killer is Dead (X360) - 09:01 h - 28/02/2016
I was little disappointed. I like Suda51 games, like NMH, SotD, but KiD in my opinion is very rough. Some missions and boss fights are good, others great, but some boring and repetitive. Average game.

Game #11: Driveclub - DLC Evolution (PS4) - 03:37 h - 29/02/2016
Next DLC to DC, which I beat this year. I think that one was more difficult, than Sakura, but maybe it's only my imagination. Still great racing game.

Game #12: Uncharted (PS3) - 08:16 h - 29/02/2016
Yes! Before incoming U4, I've decided to beat trilogy on PS3, again. It was my fifth playthrough and still...love it. 9 years old game, but looks good. Very good.

Game #13: Uncharted 2 (PS3) - 12:27 h - 03/03/2016
Amazing, wonderful, impossible title. Funny (it was my second time), but this time I enjoyed it much more, than almost 7 years ago on Day1. Brillant and still looking gorgeous. Elena <3.

Game #14: Uncharted 3 (PS3) - 11:43 h - 18/03/2016
Replaying. Last Uncharted game on PS3 and my last favourite in the series. Still very good game, but the weakest part for me. Besides...Elena!? WTF they did to your beauty face?

Game #15: The Wolf Among Us (PS4) - 07:35 h - 26/03/2016
I like adventure games. I like TTG adventure games, but I beat Life is Strange, not so long ago and...TWAU is "only" decent title. Nothing more, nothing less.

Game #16: Ryse: Son of Rome (XBO) - 07:33 h - 11/04/2016
This was my unexpected surprise. I've bought XBO last month and decided to start Ryse. Reviews are dramatic (same as The Order:1886), but I liked it. Roman Times. War with Barbarians. Many great missions. Poor battle system, but game is good. For sure 60% on metacritic is a joke.

Game #17: Rise of the Tomb Raider (XBO) - 16:37 h - 25/04/2016
Yes. This is a good game. I liked it probably more, than previous part in some aspects, in others not. Interesting story, great setting and this wonderful snow and winter. Brillant work CD. I hope CD in 3rd part of this trilogy will change some things, like hunting and weapon modification. In 1st part it was fun, in 2nd not so much, so in 3rd probably can be boring.

Game #18:RotTR - Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch (XBO) - 03:34 h - 28/04/2016
I don't buy dlc to any games, but RotTR was so good, that decided to invest money in this add-on. Very nice, additional quest. Especially
hallucination
mission.

Game #19: Sunset Overdrive (XBO) - 14:14 h - 08/05/2016
Once again Insomniac Games has proved, that's incredible ambitious team and one of the best video game company. Lovely, colourful, funny game. After that I'm sure new Spiderman game will be great.

Game #20: Uncharted 4 (PS4) - 19:30 h - 22/05/2016
In short. GOTY 2016. Thank you.
They did it again. Naughty Dogs never fail. Naughty Dogs are the best. Wonderful, amazing, incredible title. I love this series. Since the beginning. Nathan is my favourite hero in a video games industry. Elena is my favourite women person in this industry and Naughty Dogs - my fav. video game company. What else? In Top3 games of my life two are from ...ND. :)

Game #21: The Walking Dead: Season Two (PS4) - 08:39 h - 26/05/2016
To the point. I really like TTG or rather I liked it till start and beat Life is Strange. After LiS each TTG game is like poor cousin of this masterpiece from Dontnod. TWD is good game, but it's only good. I hope their next titles will be like LiS.

Game #22: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PSV) - 112:19 h - 31/05/2016
Oh man. What a title. The longest game I've ever played in my gaming career. Started in February. I beat few jrpgs in my life, but almost every of them finished in around 50 h.
Good game. I liked the story, beautiful cities, dazzling views, interesting heroes, lovely music. Didn't like drop of animation in bigger places and repetitive episodes. 2nd part in September, so I can't wait.

Game #23: Nano Assault EX (3DS - VC) - 03:15 h - 04/06/2016
Decent small and very short game. On the beginning little frustrating, but later is better.

Game #24: Forza Horizon 2 (XBO) - 19:12 h - 10/06/2016
I am not a fan Forza games, but Horizon is...something special for me. Adore this title. Brillant cars. Beautiful views and tracks.
Unfortunately the last achievement hadn't pop-up, so it looks like I didn't finish the game.

Game #25: Remember Me (PS3) - 12:17 h - 21/06/2016
Very good game. I enjoyed almost every moment in this game - except too many fights in last stages. This title and Life is Strange proved me that Dontnod is one my favourite game developer.

Game #26: Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure (3DS - VC) - 11:45 h - 21/06/2016
Good rhythm title with funny heroes and good story. Besides it was my first rhythm game in gaming career.

Game #27: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS - VC) - 12:23 h - 02/07/2016
Many people praise it. Many love it. Unfortunately not me. Average game. Maybe it's not for me.

Game #28: Rage (PS3) - 15:19 h - 05/07/2016
Bethesda wants to have Borderlands in portfolio and creates Rage. It's good game, but only good. Borderlands is bigger, longer, better and...much more fun.

Game #29: Zero Escape: 999 (NDS) - 12:44 h - 15/07/2016
I love good VN. Steins;Gate was my 2nd best game of 2015.
I heard many positives opinions about 999 and finally beat it. Yes, it's true. Game is brillant. Riddles are very good, fun and well-balanced. 6 endings (got 4 incl. true). Alongside U4 and Life is Strange the best game I've beaten this year.

Game #30: Retro City Rampage: DX (3DS - VC) - 05:27 h - 25/07/2016
I know this title has a huge fanbase, but sorry guys. Mediocre title for me.

Game #31: Devil May Cry 3 (PS3) - 14:19 h - 03/08/2016
Not as masterpiece as I expected (it was my first playthrough), but still very good game. I don't like backtracking moments in any game - same here. Besides camera was sometimes very frustrating. However boss fights was brillant especially with Vergil - real challenging.

Game #32: Portal (X360) - 04:37 h - 04/08/2016
Very nice short game. Some levels almost blew up my mind.
And this final song. Wonderful.

Game #33: Under Defeat HD (X360) - 03:43 h - 07/08/2016
Great, beauty and difficult shmup. When I saw it first time, decided to buy immediately. It looks like River Raid of XXI centrury for me.

Game #34: Grim Fandango Remastered (PS4) - 14:42 h - 16/08/2016
I've never played in this title before. I love adventure games and hate at the same time. Love because story is usually great. Hate because some puzzles are incredible stupid. And...this is Grim Fandango for me.

Game #35: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) - 11:50 h - 27/08/2016
Funny, but it was my first time with R&C. I had ToD on PS3, but borrow it to my buddy and...never see him and game again. :) However this R&C is beautiful, wonderful, amazing and incredible in graphic aspect. I had a feeling it looks better, than a movies from Pixar.

Game #36: Driveclub DLC - Redline (PS4) - 02:44 h - 30/08/2016
Next dlc to Driveclub, which I beat in this year. Great racer and still I don't understand why Sony has closed Evolution.

Game #37: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (PSV) - 09:46 h (still playing - other endings)- 05/09/2016
I am a big fan of VN. When VN meet adventure game I am in heaven. 999 is fantastic mix of these two factors. Many people love VLR much more, than 999. Unfortunately I don't...at this moment. Finished it 3 or 4 times, yet, but still playing. I am going to beat each ending to see true finish. For me this title required from us to do too many endings to see real finish.

Game #38: Dishonored (X360) - 14:54 h - 10/09/2016
That was a big surprise. I didn't expect such a good game. Of course it has some faults like animation drops, but this is one of best FPS game I've ever played. Can't wait for 2nd part.

Game #39: Datura (PS3) - 01:25 h - 14/09/2016
Three words. Plus, played, beaten. That's all.

Game #40: Driveclub DLC - Apex (PS4) - 02:57 h - 15/09/2016
Another DLC to Driveclub completed. Once again solid thing.

Game #41: Shadow of the Beast (PS4) - 03:53 h - 26/09/2016
SotB was one of my favourite games on Amiga. I remember how impressive it was, back in those days. New SotB isn't 10/10 title, but a very good and solid game. I like it. There is even original SotB to play. Only time to complete is mediocre.

Game #42: Quantum Break (XBO) - 14:26 h - 29/09/2016
My last game of 3Q of 2016 was QB from the creators of Max and Alan. I had high expectations and ....love this game. Everything is fine. Story, heroes, opponents, time and powers of Jack. Only one thing get on my nerves in this brillant title. Tv shows. For what this thing Remedy!? Completely absurd idea. At this moment QB is one of my favourite new franchise of this generation and the best XBO game I've played. I wonder what will be Remedy next game.

Game #43: The Master Chief Collection: Halo (XBO) - 12:18 h - 03/10/2016
Finally decided to beat it. Music is awesome. Setting of the game, too, but all the rest? Repetetive spaces in the buildings and the driving of Warthog are the worst thing in Halo. When I was - in chapter 6 or 7 - each floor was the same. Really Bungie? However it is a good game, but not great or incredible.

Game #44: Forza Horizon (X360) - 18:20 h - 17/10/2016
Yes! Yes! Just wow. Finished FH2 few months ago, but FH1 is even better. Colorado looks stunning. Climate of the festival is noticeable everywhere. 1 vs 1 races, normal races, vary challenges. Marvelous title and one of my favourite racers of all time. Can't wait to start playing FH3.

Game #45: Firewatch (PS4) - 05:04 h - 22/10/2016
This is a huge surprise for me. I am not a big fan of indie games, but Firewatch was one of the most anticipated games of 2016 for me. Beauty screens and interesting thematics. Grab it on the last PS sale and it was great move. Game is simply fantastic. Graphics, radio dialogues, mysterious incidents, story. Top 3 games of 2016 at this moment for me.

Game #46: The Master Chief Collection: Halo 2 (XBO) - 10:18 h - 26/10/2016
Brillant Halo game. In my opinion the best game in this series. That was my second playthrough of this title. Currently I adore it, but approx. 10 years ago I simply hate it. Huge step forward from Halo 1. Fantastic Arbiter sections and amazing remastered movies.

Game #47: The Master Chief Collection: Halo 3 (XBO) - 07:30 h - 02/11/2016
For many people the best Halo. For me second the best (behind H2). Still very good game and still very good looking. Besides coop of human and elites is very enjoyable.

Game #48: The Master Chief Collection: Halo 4 (XBO) - 08:07 h - 11/11/2016
Beginning of the new trilogy? No Bungie? Yes, that's true. Few strange ideas, insanity of Cortana and a new enemy. Great at the initial missions, but later wasn't so good.

Game #49: Soccer Kid (GBA) - 04:17 h - 13/11/2016
One of my favourite games on Amiga 500. Finally I had a chance to beat and I did it. I am very glad, because on Amiga `20 years ago, I was able to beat only first and second "chapter".

Game #50: Metro 2033 Redux (PS4) - 11:03 h - 23/11/2016
I heard many good and positive opinions about this game. Colleages of mine, told me, this title is very hard on x360. So I bought Redux edition on PS4, which is...easier. Althought game is probably easier I think it's still hard. Story is fine, but I expected something better. Especially the end was very disappointed in my opinion.

Game #51: Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4) - 16:52 h - 06/12/2016
That's it! Incredible. Wonderful. Fantastic. One of the biggest surprise for me. Alongside Uncharted 4 the best game of 2016 year in my opinion. Looking forward for second part next year. I can't belive it was Vita exclusive and Sony abandon support for Vita when such incredible games could appear on this machine. Shame on Sony.

Game #52: Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma (PSV) - 17:42 h - 17/12/2016
One of the most anticipated games of 2016 for me. Unfortunately, huge step back in comparison with previous two parts. I am very disappointed. The biggest flop of 2016 for me.

Game #53: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4) - 27:36 h - 18/12/2016
I want next part. Now!
Adam Jensen is a great character in this fantastic world. Too much Prague, but all the rest was tiptop. Fortunately there weren't stupid boss fights, like in previous Deus Ex.

Game #54: Citizens of Earth (3DS - VC) - 16:45 h - 30/12/2016
One word. Terrible.
The worst game I've played this year.

K.N.W.

Ok! Let's try again this year :)

So far I've completed:

1) Bloodborne : The Old Hunters
2) Xenoblade Chronicles X

Currently playing:

3)Sunset Overdrive
4)Eternal Darkness

Please GAF, help me choose the next game between:

-Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water
-Wolfenstein: The new Order
-Dark Souls 2 : Scholar of The First Sin
-Bayonetta 2

pnutboy

OP

Game 5- That Dragon, Cancer (2 Hours, Completed January 15)
ke8hy1zgfrgpqn7sa8ba.jpg

I don't really know quite what to say about this game. I felt miserable playing this game at points because of the very tangible pain and sorrow that this game focuses on. This is a very deep and personal story, and I didn't feel comfortable playing through it, yet I still think it was presented and designed thoughtfully and beautifully. I can't say I would recommend this game to everyone because it's a very depressing game, and the subject matter is very heavy. There are a couple of shoehorned gameplay sections (racing and platforming) that felt out of place and hurt the pacing. Overall the story that this game tells is both harrowing and beautiful, and it's one I won't forget.

Chambers35

Neo Member
Awesome idea :D I'll be giving this a go.

Completed:
1: Witcher 3. *73
2: Assassin's Creed: Syndicate. *74
3: Batman: Arkham Knight.
4: Game of Thrones. *75
5: Fallout 4. *76
6: Final Fantasy 7. *77
7: Shadow of Mordor. *78
8: Darksiders 2: Deathinative.
9. Just Cause 3.
10. Salt and Sanctuary. *79
11. Tales from the Borderlands. *80
12. Far Cry Primal.
13. Minecraft Story Mode. *81
14. Watch Dogs.
15. Dark Souls 3. *82

*Platinum trophy count.

Working on:

The Evil Within.
Dying Light: The Following.
Alien: Isolation.

Updating with more info as it comes.

Auctopus

Currently making my way through ReMake and the only thing I can say I'm enjoying is the atmosphere.

The true terror in this game is the ambiguous progression and disastrous item management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom