• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You lucky bastard. Is there a big difference between the manga and anime?

Do you mean the original series and The Origin or The Origin OVA and The Origin manga?

The Origin changes a lot of details here and there from the original 0079 anime series. The Guntank and Guncannon are no longer part of Project V and are now the Federation's older attempts at making a Mobile Suit. A few events are shifted around like the Battle of Odessa taking placing after Jaburo instead of before.

UQ Holder

So uh...apparently Karin is Judas Iscariot?

The XIII on her back, her betrayal of her first teacher, hanging herself afterwards. Didn't see that coming...unlike her liking Touta which pretty much everyone saw coming.

Zweizer

Banned
Shinkaigyo no Anko-san ch13

A pearlfish hikikomori mermaid girl who likes butts. I think I found my new favorite girl.

pearlfishyxq1m.png

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Helck latest
Manga is still strong without Helck appearing thanks to likeable side characters. Azudora is badass.

Boku dake ga inai machi 35
BEST MOM EVER!
I can see this coming to an end when Satoru recover his memory.

Pachael

AKB49 262 Final.But, it's over I will miss this.

Ditto.

I did like the ending arc and epilogue despite what I feel is a heavily truncated third stanza - though from an overall point of view I can appreciate what the writers have done.

In many parts of the 5-year run they've subverted my expectations numerous times which kept me on board despite some slow parts, so I thought there'd be a few last cards up their sleeves for this chapter but they played it mostly straight.

Marche90

UQ Holder

The XIII on her back, her betrayal of her first teacher, hanging herself afterwards. Didn't see that coming...unlike her liking Touta which pretty much everyone saw coming.

Uh.........

did NOT made that connection when I first read the chapter. Holy shit
Nevermind. What Grimace said. I forgot about that *liiiitle* detail*

Ishida has been teasing him like crazy. He'll come back eventually, we just have to be patient.

He probably has a infused Arata armor.

I'm legit starting to get cranky that he still hasn't returned. 60 god damn chapters and all we've seen was a little tease of him from the back lol.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UQ Holder

I don't get how a XIII would make any sense there there were only 12 apostles at the time Judas betrayed Jesus

but I don't know very much about the bible, so I guess they all had rad roman numeral tattoos or something

Ajin-chan wa Kataritai 1 - 6

If there is a manga that I really love when I first read it, it is strongly likely that :
a) There are only a handful of translated chapters.
b) The darn thing isn't released in my country yet.

I call it the "Avorted Binging Law"

bobohoro

Prison School 202

Kyoshi confessing to Chiyo with Hana present?
The current battlefield isn't anywhere near the level of mayhem that would cause.

mdubs

Banned
51G1oqxFHZL.jpg

I'm so glad I read this series and was super sad to see it end (Can't wait for the extra vol. 13). I think what made this series work so well was the cast of characters, like they added so much to the main relationship in a memorable way. It was a fitting end (I laughed when
Haru just randomly decides to leave without warning
and I'm happy for all of these characters. Probably the best shojo I've read

Nani mo Nai Kedo Sora wa Aoi 2 - 3

This is pretty good futureish sci fi series with its iron devastating our normal way of life. People are pretty terrible in this world but at least there are some nice people. I liked the moral of if you can greet people then 70% of the time they will listen.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Araki's is shockingly unfabulous

CZMu6B9WIAARJyI.jpg

That's like the most Un-Araki thing he's done in a while. Especially in comparison to his Naruto tribute.
It would be like asking Miura to tribute something, and he uses the comedy Puck artstyle instead of the graphic awesome one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom