• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jump Rankings #8
Gintama (Cover, Lead CP)
One Piece
Assassination Classroom
Black Clover (CP)
Haikyuu!!
Boku no Hero Academia
Renai Haitatsunin Posuo (CP, One Shot)
Mononofu
Toriko
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Hinomaru Zumou
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Bleach
Ano Ko wa Yariman (Special Chapter)
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Shokugeki no Souma
World Trigger
Nisekoi
Buddy Strike
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 9:
Cover, Lead CP: Boku no Hero Academia
CP: Sesuji wo Pin! to, Tsuuten-gai Scrap (One Shot)

ah, look at Mononofu rise like that!

Jump Rankings #8

ah, look at Mononofu rise like that!

Gintama lead cover

Oh La LA

Nisekoi 202 Spoilers + Raws

Seems like Haru is now going to get the full friend-zone (if it wasn't already)... what is funny is that she runs away since she can't handle Onodera and Raku getting all close together and ignoring her... She doesn't need to worry though since her Big sis will soon be friendzone too ;)

Haikyuu!! 190
CZRWYAtW0AAHCHl.png:large

Please write a 2nd year Haikyuu!! plot. I need my stronger Shiratorizawa with Goshiki Tsutomu. He has to do it, no way to give him all this time and focus to not do it.

#TeamFukurodani

lol couldn't help it and looked at the Soma 151 Raws

some change ups for the E10 but was was lol worthy was Erina dumbfounded for a little while only to have all her moments of trashing Soma and his restaurant smack her in the face with reality (She almost fainted
bashing your idol's son and his restaurant LMAO

TheFlow

Banned
Haikyuu!! 190

Please write a 2nd year Haikyuu!! plot. I need my stronger Shiratorizawa with Goshiki Tsutomu. He has to do it, no way to give him all this time and focus to not do it.

#TeamFukurodani

I love this manga so much! I think they will either go really far in the tournament and the manga ends on that note like Slam dunk and kuro no basket or it will go for all 3 years.

lol couldn't help it and looked at the Soma 151 Raws

some change ups for the E10 but was was lol worthy was Erina dumbfounded for a little while only to have all her moments of trashing Soma and his restaurant smack her in the face with reality (She almost fainted
bashing your idol's son and his restaurant LMAO

I don't stay up on Soma, but knowing
Erina gets completely rekt when she realizes who Soma is and remembers all the douchebag shit she's said and done to him
makes me laugh uncontrollably.

I don't stay up on Soma, but knowing
Erina gets completely rekt when she realizes who Soma is and remembers all the douchebag shit she's said and done to him
makes me laugh uncontrollably.

exactly, indirectly she was shitting on her idol and almost fainted due to her stupidity

Birdmen #1-21: After I wrapped up my reread of Kekkaishi (still great), I got to wondering what else Tanabe Yellow's been up to and stumbled across this. Fantastic stuff. Starts pretty simply: 4 middle school students (2 pairs of friends) end up skipping class, and their bus crashes. They're saved by the mysterious Birdman, a popular urban legend, and in the process gain strange and fantastical powers, turning into Birdmen (tiiiiiitle droooooop) themselves. The Birdman himself turns out to be another classmate of theirs, and they struggle to understand their new powers together as they fight weekly monster attacks, like Power Rangers (they even give out color coded nicknames).

From there, things get interesting. There's strong psychological and transhumanist themes throughout, though the latter is only really just developing around the periphery and only just came into the foreground. I'd say that major distinguishing features include an extremely interesting subversion of the monster of the week trope (namely, that
the monsters exist only the minds of the protagonists and other Seraphim
) and third person non-omniscient perspective following a main character with an INCREDIBLE tendency to overthink things, leading to panels like this:

Y8ZP2Al.jpg

Not lewd, tho.

Rankings are literally meaningless for series with more than 50 chapters. The last volume released sold about 400K copies - its not getting cancelled, retooled nor is any kind of editorial meddling incoming.
No, but it shows trends. And I'm hoping the creators and editor take a step back and focus on what made the series great. The character interactions are lacking and the power levels introduced aren't portrayed in a compelling light.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
No, but it shows trends. And I'm hoping the creators and editor take a step back and focus on what made the series great. The character interactions are lacking and the power levels introduced aren't portrayed in a compelling light.

It doesn't show anything. It is meaningless. It's not even necessarily accurate: it's literally just a list of the order in which chapters appear.

Gintama 570-571

such a serious thing became a comedy act lol.... poor Star sword king

still he fought Gintoki's anger or something... eye is so powerful that it is useless against someone who is fish eyed like Gintoki

The poor guy... at least the next chapter takes things more seriously. The dude becomes a more serious foe with a focus on Gintoki and not Gintoki's emotions. Sadly this collapses again as this dude still can't read Gintoki's mind. (He also can't read Shoyo's mind which is more dark)

But leave it to the author to make a scene were the enemy talks about reading people's emotions before they die (usually blankness to except death) for Gintoki not to give a fuck about such things and have a serious page were it just has Gintoki's thought only being about breakfast.
Still (as stated by the dude) that just means Gintoki doesn't care about death as much as he cared about what to eat due to experience.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
It’s Difficult to Love an Otaku 4-4.5
Oh my, you think it's going to be a hot night. It's actually a Wii night!
Damn, i got rick rolled by the translator.

Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection 38

LMAO. Glasses dude is massive troll.

Mob Psycho 90.11
dem omake sure is something

Criminale 1

MC is a natural born victim, which mean he somehow always attract criminals. He become a victim of hit&run, pickpocket, burglary, molesting, random stabbing, and stalker yandere on the very first day he goes to school. Sucks to be him.

I love this manga so much! I think they will either go really far in the tournament and the manga ends on that note like Slam dunk and kuro no basket or it will go for all 3 years.

Hes building up some of the teams so much that I cant see it ending without doing a year 2, like why call Johzenji back in this chapter for example.

Slam dunk ending was disappointing but everyone had no room for growth so I guess there was no way to continue it.

TheFlow

Banned
Hes building up some of the teams so much that I cant see it ending without doing a year 2, like why call Johzenji back in this chapter for example.

Slam dunk ending was disappointing but everyone had no room for growth so I guess there was no way to continue it.

I think you are right, the mangaka keeps alluding to the 1st/2nd years becoming key players

mdubs

Banned
61StX41W3tL.jpg

A Girl on the Shore

This was my second time reading it, and I feel like I got so much more out of reading it this time, especially in print. Koume and Isobe's character arcs and slow transformation really stood out to me, I hope that plenty of people will buy this to give it the support it deserves. It's not on the same level as Punpun but is a damn fine story that everyone looking for a "mature" sort of read short be looking into

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
whats up fuckers, decided to drop back in and shit on kasane since i havent seen him in a while. also one piece is finally picking up

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Gisèle Alain ch. 25

Man, her art has really improved since the beginning. This chapter looks great. I hope the story goes back to odd jobs with Gisèle now though.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Somali to Mori no Kami-sama 1-2
The story about Somali and a golem who travel together to find human.
That was beautiful. Author is really creative with the creature design. I can't say much about the story, but the art is neat.

Tripon

Tsuyokute New Saga 24

One of the better series of regretful main protag who travels to the past or a new world to make a better life.

I need to start reading the novel version.

It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular 91

This...this might be the best chapter of this manga that has ever existed. Holy shit I was laughing so hard at the 2nd half of it I had to stop drinking.

158179.jpg

I know it's a Light Novel and not a manga but I have come her to save some of you.

Don't read this. It has a 9.2 on MAL. That number is based on deceit, trickery, and really shit taste. This book is an insult to all other books. Read book 1 and stop there. Maybe Book 2.

Books 3, 4, and 5 are unbearably bad. 5 being slightly less worse than 3 and 4.

158179.jpg

I know it's a Light Novel and not a manga but I have come her to save some of you.

Don't read this. It has a 9.2 on MAL. That number is based on deceit, trickery, and really shit taste. This book is an insult to all other books. Read book 1 and stop there. Maybe Book 2.

Books 3, 4, and 5 are unbearably bad. 5 being slightly less worse than 3 and 4.

Ok, noted

But at least tell us the name of it so we could heed your advice or not (since there are a few rebels in here :p)

If i came off as harsh then i apologize

Ok

At least tell us the name of it so we can heed your advice

Oh, it's Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria (HakoMari). I suppose that's an important detail. :p

It has a fairly unending number of recommendations, so it might just not be for me. At times, it's brilliant, but it typically throws that away by having the character handle situations in the most illogical ways and then react in the most extreme possible manner to anything that happens. The characters are... characters. They aren't remotely approachable as humans because they are so edgy.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Jojolion 50
Grafting...
oh, i get it, they both failed to get the fruit and got injured real bad, then Josefumi fuse them both together to survive...at least, that is what my prediction for future chapter.

Kaguya sama kokuhaku shitai 10

Fujiwara is the last boss, isn't she?
Weekly series? Fuck yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom