• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Nejimaki Kagyu ch38

Ah, the overprotective sister.

eAMqpp9.png

All the better to beat the crap out of you with!

Tripon

Nejimaki Seirei Senki - Tenkyou no Alderamin 1-17

Another military fantasy light novel turned into a manga, also getting an anime. Kawakami Taiki is the artist for both this and Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken, and they both seem to be ongoing series. So I'm not sure how he's pulling that off.

Decent read if you want some more military fantasy.

Tokyo Ghoul:re 63

Seidou and Shiroke's tagteaming was hilarious. Seriously WOW.

Eto: "All according to my keikaku."

Kaneki's oh shit face was hilarious.

Revo

One Piece 815

Now that all of sanji has been teased we’re gonna be stuck doing not sanji stuff for awhile aren’t we :(

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Yuricam 19
"oh, you're not attracted to me? Would be a shame if i seduce your mother..."
Nothing stop Yurika spreading some lily everywhere.

Okitenemuru

If there's something that'll get me to drop your manga faster than the speed of light it's powers based on using 100% of your brain power. It's like motherfuckers read that quote about humans using only 10% of their brain and didn't look into why that happens at all.

...I'll just keep reading for the violence.

bobohoro

Catching up on three days of missed manga and one chapter drowns all the others in terms of hype:

Boku no Hero Academia 77

Deku is such a good guy. I fear the suffering after this arc are gonna be pretty bad and I can't think of him going on without any kind of health issue.
And Aizawa-sensei was pretty awesome as well.
Really looking forward to the next few chapters of the class going all out.

Well I'd think if its say cancer, its something unknown to Jaegu. I doubt he'd push everyone away knowing he's dying leaving his kid siblings noone to look after them.

Yeah I thought so too. I think it's just a troll to make Ingui go running back though when he's in the hospital getting checked out.

diaspora

Prison School 205

So... he'll defeat them without touching them because
nobody wants to get anywhere near his erection?

Caste Heaven Special Chapter
tumblr_o275atvOr81qbxqfpo1_540.png

Pretty hilarious random spinoff the author did to relieve some frustration. Instead of being a serious caste system like the main series it is now one in which people are placed into categories like otaku and geeks.A character gets placed into the otaku caste and then has to find ways to fit in, ultimately it is a culture shock at first with him asking and making insensitive comments.

It was funny seeing the reaction as well as how a relationship developed.

So I'm starting to use the manga portion of my Crunchyroll subscription. Reading through the rest of Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru, which is as incredible as always. Just read the first chapter of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer - don't really like the art, especially the design of the heroine, and I didn't much care for the chapter as a whole, especially with how focused on panty peeping it was. Any other manga on Crunchyroll worth checking out?

So I'm starting to use the manga portion of my Crunchyroll subscription. Reading through the rest of Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru, which is as incredible as always. Just read the first chapter of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer - don't really like the art, especially the design of the heroine, and I didn't much care for the chapter as a whole, especially with how focused on panty peeping it was. Any other manga on Crunchyroll worth checking out?

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer is legit good. Keep reading.

If you don't want to continue with Lucifer then the catalog isn't really that great, and their manga reader isn't either. I pretty much only use it for the monthly Attack on Titan chapter.

Revo

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer is pretty well loved around here, so I'd say it'd be worth it to try and continue.
I'd recommend Space Brothers.
Sun-Ken Rock has good art (fairly lewd a good amount of times), Joshi Kausei is a cute no text series (a little lewd sometimes),
Spirit Circle is also pretty good

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Baito Saki wa "Aku no Soshiki"?! Ch: 1-17

It's basically a Kamen rider story told from the bad guys point, some slight contrivances in regards a few hero's and a villain being based in the MC school, but all round a very fun manga. MC is one of random fodder henchman due to monetary reasons and is basically the straight man of this comedy. Favourite part so far was this,

The MC gives absolutely no fucks and despite understandable and normal reasons for what he's doing (he's an orphan no less, looking after his siblings). The guy is straight up villainous, not even innocent civilains are safe from his wrath.

If you don't want to continue with Lucifer then the catalog isn't really that great, and their manga reader isn't either. I pretty much only use it for the monthly Attack on Titan chapter.

The Crunchyroll manga app on iOS, which I'm using, is quite good actually. Reading manga on my phone is really handy, because I can read a chapter in a relatively brief time and don't have to use headphones, so it works well for filling in random bits of waiting time. I guess I'll read Donyatsu.

Cuticle Detective Inaba (if you liked or saw the anime)
King's Game Origin
Father and Son

Noirulus

Spirit Circle

Read this a month or two ago, and I've honestly got to say that this is perhaps the most gripping manga that I've read lately. Every chapter is filled with meaningful plot progression, and there's a ton of moral, philosophical, and spiritual thoughts woven into the story that leaves you questioning what's right or wrong. I'm so glad I read this recently and not like, two years ago or something because the wait for new chapters would've absolutely murdered me.

I highly recommend this to anyone that hasn't read it yet. It's really good.

Caste Heaven 10
tumblr_o27bf1jc8R1qbxqfpo1_540.png

What a silly insult of sorts, lol. Karino and Azusa continue to be a good pairing for this and all sorts of exciting. Both trying to get one over each other but still unable too due to their family ties (mom or just trying to be successful).

I thought the new character, the teacher was really annoying just as the characters thought, but I kind of laughed when Azusa and Karino fooled him and then he was just listening behind the door. What a pervy teacher...

spiritfox

There are some monthlys that I follow on Cruchyroll:

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Spirit Circle
Aizawa-san
Joshi Kausei (I'm not sure it's monthly)

Sorademo Machi wa Mawatteiru is great and more people should read it. Crunchyroll's options are kinda thin though, since their focus is more in anime, but it's one of the few places where I can actually read manga (legally) without buying more books.

Not Lives 1-11

This is basically Accel World mixed with Wixoss, but with an oddly subdued sense of urgency considering people are actually dying and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom