• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Berseria 3rd Trailer (long version), reelease date : 18th August 2016

straylize

Given how quickly the official English Tales of blog has been giving us localized terms and information (as far as I know, they even posted the HD screencaps of the combat system before they were up on the Japanese site), I'd hazard a guess that they're working a little closer together than some of the past localizations.

This may actually end up being the quickest one since Vesperia, at the rate they've been doing things. I wouldn't say it'll be 3 weeks after the Japanese release like Vesperia was for NA, but I could see it being before 2017 easily.

Games generally are more polished as they are developed, yes.

CANT WAIT

yuuaj6mvmml0vxhalwr6.gif

This game looks fantastic, will be my first Tales game.

kewlmyc

Why does everyone think this game isn't coming stateside this year? lol.

Why do you think it is? That's a maximum of 4 months from the JP release that they would need to get it out for it to come out this year in the west. No Tales game other than Vesperia (which might have been due to Microsoft's help) has had that quick a turnaround.

Is it confirmed that Go Shiina is not involved this time around?

That makes no sense considering this is a prequel to Zestiria and he did some
all
of the best tracks in that game.

There are quite a few scenes that wouldn't have been anywhere near as good without his work imo.

Yazuka

Looks great an I'm very hyped for this one! Even if Tales of Zestiria had it's problems I still enjoyed it very much. That box art... Hope we get that art in localized version, so beautiful. But then again I really like Mutsumi Inomata's style.

kiryogi

Banned
Loving the FLOW op, and Toshiyuki Morikawa is back? :O Cray. Also Ami Koshimizu in Tales!

Not sure to import or wait, but domestic prob won't have the FLOW op so.

Tales of Zestiria end-game spoilers below;

It's really weird playing prequels when you already know what happens to one of the characters. Naturally I'm speaking about Eizen, Edna's brother. Since we already know what happens to him at the end of Zestiria I wonder if they will show how he turned into a dragon since I don't remember Edna elaborating on the specifics. Speaking of Edna I wonder if we'll see her in some form since Seraphim live for hundreds of years.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Best Tales box art since Rebirth
I knew it was giving off similar vibes to something.

250px-Torcover.jpg

Seeing as how Rebirth is the secret best Tales game, that bodes well for Berseria.

Tales of Zestiria end-game spoilers below;

It's really weird playing prequels when you already know what happens to one of the characters. Naturally I'm speaking about Eizen, Edna's brother. Since we already know what happens to him at the end of Zestiria I wonder if they will show how he turned into a dragon since I don't remember Edna elaborating on the specifics. Speaking of Edna I wonder if we'll see her in some form since Seraphim live for hundreds of years.

I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE THAT EIZEN = EIZEN AS IN EDNA'S BROTHER... HOLY SHIT.

aitakute

I knew it was giving off similar vibes to something.

250px-Torcover.jpg

Seeing as how Rebirth is the secret best Tales game, that bodes well for Berseria.

I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE THAT EIZEN = EIZEN AS IN EDNA'S BROTHER... HOLY SHIT.
They have the same hair color. Also, ever wondered why Edna was wearing such big boots for her own size? Because those are Eizen's boots
2jGruFC.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
They have the same hair color. Also, ever wondered why Edna was wearing such big boots for her own size? Because that's Eizen's boots
Zaveid will definitely be in this game, then. The two were supposedly best friends.

SolVanderlyn

Found these floating around the web.

1995939059956467571.jpg
4847280574035229552.jpg

1626080940558929671.jpg
6598262736833873674.jpg

t26

Why do you think it is? That's a maximum of 4 months from the JP release that they would need to get it out for it to come out this year in the west. No Tales game other than Vesperia (which might have been due to Microsoft's help) has had that quick a turnaround.

It's too close to the end of the year. There's literally no reason for anyone to believe it is short of actually being told by someone at BN otherwise.

We have gotten at least 1 Tales game each year since 2012. Even Project X Zone 2 only took about 3 months from Japanese to Western release.

We have gotten at least 1 Tales game each year since 2012. Even Project X Zone 2 only took about 3 months from Japanese to Western release.

Project X Zone has a laughable amount of text compared to a mainline Tales game though, it also doesn't have an English dub. There has also been a 9 month to 2 year delay between the last several Tales games we have gotten compared to when Japan got them.

Some of you are insane to think we're getting this one only 3 months after Japan.

SeanTSC

Looks great, I'm more excited than ever for this. And I'm still loving the designs and outfit, it's trashy in a way I dig.

t26

Project X Zone has a laughable amount of text compared to a mainline Tales game though, it also doesn't have an English dub. There has also been a 9 month to 2 year delay between the last several Tales games we have gotten compared to when Japan got them.

Some of you are insane to think we're getting this one only 3 months after Japan.

There is a delay since they were late getting Graces out, and since then they been releasing at least one game each year. They would break that pattern if they don't release Berseria in 2016. A company the size of Namco is more than capable to starting localization before Japanese release.

Link1110

yuuaj6mvmml0vxhalwr6.gif

This game looks fantastic, will be my first Tales game.
Costanza graphic is perfect since he was my first thought when I saw then main characters name

Though if this plays like Zestiria but refined to fix is problems like battle camera, it can be fun. I hope the developers play Star Ocean 5 and learn a few things cause I get the feeling that what SO5 was is what they wanted Zestiria to be

Mendrox

There is a delay since they were late getting Graces out, and since then they been releasing at least one game each year. They would break that pattern if they don't release Berseria in 2016. A company the size of Namco is more than capable to starting localization before Japanese release.

Namco Bandai won't release the game this year in the west. I am betting my avatar on it.

A company the size of Namco is should also be more than capable to control their PC ports, just sayin'

Sure didn't feel like it with how much I wished everyone in that game would just shut up :p

Ohhh, the skits look great going from that screenshot. The skits and getting to know the party is my favorite thing about Tales.

ranmafan

Nice release date, I expected it later in the year, glad it's sooner. So let's see we got Ys in July, this in August, and FFXV in sept. This will be a nice Japanese gaming summer. Still one big question, where will persona 5 fit in all this now I wonder? I bet that will be a fall game for sure now.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'll make an avatar bet that this game is coming out in the US before the year's end. I say all of yall are high.

Ydelnae

The boxart is the first thing I really like about this game. I hope the game is actually good and better than last entries, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

RyoonZ

Banned
Loved the trailer and music is hype.
Nice boxart as well.
Everything seems fine except it being connected to Zestiria, hope they can redeem it after Zestiria.

I really, really want to like this, but after Zestiria, I'm a bit worried for Berseria

what i'm worried about is the gameplay..
gear fusion was a terrible idea.. conceptually intriguing, but poor execution..
subistitute it with this..

make gear drop with two "added" statistics
1) alignment
alignment dictates which element you can use.. alignement is a NUMBER with min 2, max = number of elements, the higher the item level, the higher the chance for it to have an high number of elements.. if you have 2 elements, you can decide which one you want to enable, and this can be changed at any moment outside of battle

2) infusion
every piece of equipment comes with a limit.. min 1 max 3.. the higher the item level, the higher the chance for it to have an high number of infusion..
infusion means that you can put UP to x (x being the infusion level) of skills for EACH element for a specific piece of equipment..

This would have been a much more approachable system..

i hope that i won't have to forgo an entire aspect of the game (item fusion) because it's just too absurdly grindy like in zesteiria..

Asd202

I really don't like the look of Tales games since Xillia, what they had in Vesperia was far superior in terms of aesthetics. I also get a strong Tales of Budget feeling about this game...

At least the characters look beter than Zestiria apart from the little kid.

Top Bottom