• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Game Room thread of Rewinding Time

Peff

Heh, it's actually pretty cool! There are lots of little props and themed areas (you can build your own too, with several free achievements :lol ) and having the cabinets around is a nice detail. You get 20 coins when you start up, which allow you to play extra after you finish each demo without having to buy the game. Navigation is really easy, and if they keep up the weekly releases with good games it could turn out to be a great feature.

Woot - Finally GFWL allows me to download this, as well as the two Game Packs, I got excited when I noticed both packs were free, but I know they're going to charge it to you in game.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I added mine to the queue but it just sits there on 0%

Funny how whenever they have these big months (Summer of Arcade etc) there is always issues with something.

Oh well, no real hurry. I was expecting a few decent titles released on day one rather than some of the really old games that have been available already.

Come on Rygar, Commando, Heavy Weapon, Crime City etc etc.

DiscoJer

Hmmmm, can't download the game packs from the website

Says

"Sorry

This item is not available for purchase from Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web."

And when I run Game Room, it says I need to download packs, but nothing ever comes up when I click on "Accept"

Not surprisingly, since I have Hughesnet, I cannot download anything from the 360 itself, have to queue it up on the website to download. (Used to, but the update last year broke it)

Oh well

If you're using the PC version, the only way to download both the client and the game packs is to use the GFWL client on a Windows PC.

For those whose games stop dling about 25% try pausing and unpausing. Worked fine here.

harrypmgaga said:
If you're using the PC version, the only way to download both the client and the game packs is to use the GFWL client on a Windows PC.

For those whose games stop dling about 25% try pausing and unpausing. Worked fine here.
Has nothing to do with downloading, the problem is when Game Room is loading.

Neckbeard69

Neo Member
thewesker said:

Yeah, it just sits there at %25. There might be some Live component that does not function properly yet at this hour.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
thewesker said:
I'm getting the same thing...

Game Room just stuck loading at about 1/4 of the way through the progress bar. :-/

SuperPac

cjelly said:
I'm getting the same thing...

Game Room just stuck loading at about 1/4 of the way through the progress bar. :-/

Yep, same here. First GR wasn't showing up as one of the DLs in Marketplace, then the Game Packs weren't showing up either, and now the loading bar after pressing Start on the title screen won't advance past 25%. :\

Sooooooo anyone else's Game Room just completely stop trying to load the game packs?

wtf?

It just sits there loading at about 25% of the bar. And never continues while everything keeps happening in the background.

Christ Microsoft. I thought Home had issues.

edit: Yep, there is.

If you get the loading bar sticking, try either one if these:
1- sign out and sign back in
2- press the guide button, send someone a message "OMG game room," and go back to GR

and see if that fixes it

if you then have problem buying a game
quit back the dashboard and reload GR

YMMV

SuperPac

ClivePwned said:
If you get the loading bar sticking, try either one if these:
1- sign out and sign back in
2- press the guide button, send someone a message "OMG game room," and go back to GR

and see if that fixes it

if you then have problem buying a game
quit back the dashboard and reload GR

YMMV

Neither 1 or 2 work for me.

Forgot all about this, doesn't help that the moment I climb out of my warm bed this morning I am on babysitting duty :lol

Going to grab the GFWL version.

Spirit3

Two weeks in a row baby. First Perfect Dark gives us an error msg and now Game Room loves the Loading Bar. Get your shit together Microsoft. Meanwhile I will admire the beauty of Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox version) before delving into the eventual dredges of "old school", whenever that may be.

noisome07

Banned
danmaku said:
Great idea, but I'll wait for some games I actually played during the 80s and 90s...

JOUST PLEASE

huh, I thought Joust was already on XBLA? Yes, I know Game Room is a 'totally different thing' but I remember playing Joust =/

noisome07 said:
huh, I thought Joust was already on XBLA? Yes, I know Game Room is a 'totally different thing' but I remember playing Joust =/

It was, though it was recently delisted from the service..... possibly so it could be relaunched in Game Room?

edit: oh yeah, great start for Games Room! Hey ho.... :/

Downloads fine on GFWL but due to the nature of the shitty software my installs go all over the place, need to sort it out, again, before I can try it.

Gen X

Right, sussed a way to get this working for now guys, it's a Live issue by the looks of things.

This is the order I did it in, tried three times on diff accounts. Worked every time.

1. Sign in
2. Load Game Room and press start.
3. When Loading hangs, press Guide, press X to sign out.
4. Remove network cable/usb for Wifi.
5. Sign in with profile.
6. Press Start and press B when it says you must be signed in XBL to use all features.
7. Room loaded, it asks you if you want to sign into XBL to get most of features (Note this is the second time its asked you). Attach Wifi/Network cable and wait till you get the green light (On Wifi).
8. Connect to Live.
9. Play.

noisome07

Banned
Gen X said:
Right, sussed a way to get this working for now guys, it's a Live issue by the looks of things.

This is the order I did it in, tried three times on diff accounts. Worked every time.

1. Sign in
5. Sign in with profile.
6. Press Start and press B when it says you must be signed in XBL to use all features.
7. Room loaded, it asks you if you want to sign into XBL to get most of features (Note this is the second time its asked you). Attach Wifi/Network cable and wait till you get the green light (On Wifi).
8. Connect to Live.
9. Play.

I... love you.

I just unlocked like 6 achievements already without spending a penny :lol just apply themes and items you start with to a room and you get them rather quick.

btw I have no problems logging in to game room on xbla, not yet anyway.

Current game selection is terrible (for me) apart from Adventure, but you can play that on the net for free and I don't feel the need to spend 240 points on it for game room, most of the other games are not for me.

Looks nice on the pc, going to try and force some SSAA on it. Also I thought we could walk around? all you do right now is spin your camera about and that's it :/

Gen X said:

This is the order I did it in, tried three times on diff accounts. Worked every time. ...

Thank you, Sir. I tried a least ten times to start up the shit without success, your solution wins flawlessly.

STG

so there is no arcade game for free in this, right?
only themes and stuff from the game packs

right?

SuperPac

Gen X said:

1. Sign in
5. Sign in with profile.
8. Connect to Live.
9. Play.

This worked for me to get in the door, but then I couldn't buy any games - just demo play. When I tried to buy, the transaction screen wouldn't come up - didn't even bring up the window, just sits there.

Also, I didn't see River Raid in the game list that comes up - I thought that was a day one title? Hm.

OMG Aero

Haha, Microsoft are totally going after gamerscore addicts with the free achievements. As soon as they see they have 1 achievement out of 50 and can't delete it from their history, they will feel compelled to buy games to get the other points.

Gen X

Yeah, I thought that was a bit gay not being able to stick some of your old games in like Double Dragon, TMNT, Robotron etc since I have a few. Would look great in my 80's themed room.

I'm not going to buy anything yet though, I'll wait and see how it comes along and when some more recent (Mid 80s onwards) games come out.

Come on 720degrees, APB, Soldier of Light.

Choosing to play a demo seems odd to me, you can play a 10 minute trial or use 5 coins for a free play, what worries me is that I don't want the games swallowing my MSpoints without me knowing and I am worried they might have a system which doesn't take you to the purchase blade every time you want to spend. It's not explained too well in-game.

I have 40 coins, no idea how those are gained...

panda21 said:
wheres robotron :mad:

how do you pay for this stuff on the PC? does it go through your Live account or what?
100% the same as on a 360, same points, same profile, same methods of logging in and whatever.

SuperPac

Diablohead said:
Choosing to play a demo seems odd to me, you can play a 10 minute trial or use 5 coins for a free play, what worries me is that I don't want the games swallowing my MSpoints without me knowing and I am worried they might have a system which doesn't take you to the purchase blade every time you want to spend. It's not explained too well in-game.

I have 40 coins, no idea how those are gained...

100% the same as on a 360, same points, same profile, same methods of logging in and whatever.

I haven't been able to get the purchase blade to come up at all on the 360. I was going to buy Tempest but got denied. :( Oh well, I'll try again after work.

U2NUMB

Looks like pretty much everyone is having the loading issue. The way around it is to log out of LIVE then load up the game.. you can sign back into LIVE after that BUT.. you are not able to buy any games yet so until they fix the server issues we are stuck. Bummer..

OMG Aero said:
Oh wow, I just booted this up on PC and you don't even get to use your own avatar, you have to use a pre-made one.
Yeah I get that choice too, not picked one yet (pressed B to back out) even though I am signed in. But where do I actually see my avatar ? it's all floating cameras right now, the only avatars I do see walking about are cpu ones in the example arcade.

If the 360 version had no login problems I would go check it out also.

Oh lol don't quit out of a demo even if you do not play it and click it, you will lose your free trial. FUCK SAKE. Such a mess.

The Shift

Banned
Heh - loaded up fine the first time, even got 30 Achievement Pts for decorating up the place but now it hangs on the loading bar.

Nice enough concept though and would like to see some old favs like Bomb Jack, Wonder Boy, Wardner, Strider and Xain'd Sleena come up on it.

Top Bottom