• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Crash Bandicoot is back... In Skylanders

So what are the chances that Sony owns the IP, and this is just a partnership/deal with Activision to get him in Skylanders to help with the wait for a new game? So in other words, Sony owns the IP and show a teaser trailer for the new game during the conference, and then they show the skylander figure. It's just odd to make a skylander figure for one system exclusively...

I'm sorry for asking this, I'm just trying to keep my faith alive here :(

Sponge

Banned
So what are the chances that Sony owns the IP, and this is just a partnership/deal with Activision to get him in Skylanders to help with the wait for a new game? So in other words, Sony owns the IP and show a teaser trailer for the new game during the conference, and then they show the skylander figure. It's just odd to make a skylander figure for one system exclusively...

I mean, It's possible. If you ask me though, I think Sony just got the license from Activison, not the IP.

Sony already said Activision owns Crash after the U4 stuff. I dont see that ever changing.

giphy.gif

#rebootthecoot

But..Maybe not like this. I don't want to buy plastic toy games, ugh,

I kind of love how much Gaf shits on Crash and Crash fans in these threads.
Then they turn around and put their HL3 tinfoil hats on

It's just odd to make a skylander figure for one system exclusively...

Last year had Nintendo-exclusive figures, so PS4-only for such a classic character isn't a big leap.

But if this rumor turns out to be true, it's too bad that it leaked as the meltdown would have been even better.

Personally, I'd like to see Crash back, but I have no interest in a PS4 otherwise, so I'm not particularly excited for a new solo game.

SNURB

Bingo.

If Crash is presented as a "guest" then it's this. Otherwise..

ALSO, Take this as you may, but I contacted the retailer (no one thought to do this?)

and yes, it has been removed.
People were too busy being salty about it to even consider contacting the retailer. Awesome that you did though so we can clear that mess up.

People were too busy being salty about it to even consider contacting the retailer. Awesome that you did though so we can clear that mess up.

To be fair, even if it is a proper leak, I don't think the retailer would 'fess up to it, because it could sour stuff up the supply chain for them. The ball is in Sony's or Activision's court for this.

Nonetheless good on the gaffer for getting in touch; any word is better than none, and we can rein in the rumor for now.

To be fair, even if it is a proper leak, I don't think the retailer would 'fess up to it, because it could sour stuff up the supply chain for them. The ball is in Sony's or Activision's court for this.

And it's not like some random email answering dude at the company is going to know why something was listed and then revoked. I see this sort of thing all the time with Amazon, people contact Amazon's customer service reps and get a total non-answer because those people only know that something was delisted and have to make up a reasonable sounding response.

The only reason I see this being PS4 exclusive would be if Sony had some deal with Activision regarding the Crash Bandicoot IP. Otherwise it would not be worthwhile. There would be no reason that it would not be the exclusive character for the XBOX version too if not to promote something else.

Lol if this is what Sony was building it all up for then they're in for a rude awakening

You could also see the "hints" and "teases" as nothing else but Sony being smart about pandering to people nostalgic feelings. Not everything is a teaser for something.

Sometimes it's just corporations being really smart about building brand loyalty.

Sponge

Banned
You could also see the "hints" and "teases" as nothing else but Sony being smart about pandering to people nostalgic feelings. Not everything is a teaser for something.

Sometimes it's just corporations being really smart about building brand loyalty.

Sometimes, yes. The same commercial that started all these "teases" had Ryu has a taxi cab driver before SFV was even announced. Shawn has worn shirts in the past to tease releases. While I absolutely agree with you, I think fans are in the right to think Sony is teasing us about Crash.

Sony gets Back The Crash Bandicoot IP - Activision can use Crash in Skylanders (only for Ps4)

Crash on his way back to glory is more useful for Activision in Skylanders, than the dead IP they didn't use in any way the past year

By giving Sony the Crash IP back, atleast they know, there is a potential chance, that the IP will become more popular again --> better for Skylanders

Also, why should Sony troll us? They know exactly how the Reactions would be.

When they did it with Final Fantasy 7 at the PSX, they know the real Remake is in Development.

Oh man this would be the most hilarious way for Crash to come back. I'm honestly surprised he wasn't in Skylanders before though considering how linked Spyro and Crash are.

The only reason I see this being PS4 exclusive would be if Sony had some deal with Activision regarding the Crash Bandicoot IP. Otherwise it would not be worthwhile. There would be no reason that it would not be the exclusive character for the XBOX version too if not to promote something else.

If there is another Crash game I imagine Sony will have licensed it from Activision. Especially if he's showing up in Skylanders.

Anth0ny

it's all part of the plan

the OUTRAGE that this causes would be infinitely more newsworthy than the announcement of a real crash game

everyone gets even louder about wanting a real crash game

demand increases

and then they announce it... next year at e3

it's ff vii pc port for ps4 all over again

Sony gets Back The Crash Bandicoot IP - Activision can use Crash in Skylanders (only for Ps4)

Crash on his way back to glory is more useful for Activision in Skylanders, than the dead IP they didn't use in any way the past year

By giving Sony the Crash IP back, atleast they know, there is a potential chance, that the IP will become more popular again --> better for Skylanders

Also, why should Sony troll us? They know exactly how the Reactions would be.

When they did it with Final Fantasy 7 at the PSX, they know the real Remake is in Development.

This is what I hope is happening, but I will wait til Monday to see what happens.

Since I'm not sure how buying a IP works, can a company (Activision) sell the a IP, but not make a officail announcement til the Company (Sony) that bought it wants it to be officially known? Isn't that what happened with Microsoft when they bought Gears of War from Epic games? If I recall correctly they bought the Gears IP, but waited a few months to make a announce of the ownership change.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I will definitely love to see the meltdowns after all those constant shoving down the throat of those forced rumors.

Top Bottom