• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Substantial franchise returning as an Xbox exclusive

Bru

Son of Godzilla said:
If Natal isn't able to replicate the controller on it's own it's a goddamn failure.

That's true.

It's just that Steel Battalion's controller in itself is so utterly awesome - I want to use it again! ;-)

Dipswitch

Pudding Tame said:
I'll bet a dollar on one of them being Smith and Tinker's new Mechwarrior game.

I just had a nerdgasm thinking of a new Mechwarrior title using Natal for headtracking and a virtual cockpit that you could interact with. Sure you'd look like a retard playing it, but that's gonna be the case with any Natal game.

Cornbread78

speaking of Mechs. I've got it!

475756.jpg

The sequel has arrived!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I don't know why people are suggesting niche titles or outright failures--to me "substantial" means something along the lines of a Mario or Sonic, or in the sports realm Madden.

Raide

AstroLad said:
I don't know why people are suggesting niche titles or outright failures--to me "substantial" means something along the lines of a Mario or Sonic, or in the sports realm Madden.

Brute Force Natal then?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Raide said:
Brute Force Natal then?
Again, maybe a cult classic but hardly "substantial." Just brainstorming those franchises that would fit the bill that MS doesn't already have (but that they could still get, so no Mario), I'm more thinking something along the lines of a World of Warcraft.

Bru

AstroLad said:

Suggesting niche titles or failures?
Because we like to dream ;-)

However let's face it, whatever we think - the reveal will probably present a title that's not as "substantial" as we hoped it would be.

Dali

AstroLad said:
Substantial means, "I-hope-to-sell-a-few-extra-magazines-so-I'll-use-the-adjective-'substantial'-to-describe-an-old-franchise-of-middling-popularity."

Haunted

Jtyettis said:
Yet according to him this is somehow going to be a very big surprise next month that makes absolutely no sense at all. It would have been a smallish surprise two months earlier in fact. Geoff K or no Geoff k.
Guess we'll see if his description was accurate next month. :)

Mindlog

Bru said:
That's true.

It's just that Steel Battalion's controller in itself is so utterly awesome - I want to use it again! ;-)

best of both worlds

Steel Battalion: Natal

The controller is built into a mech suit you wear while playing.

Haunted

Dali said:
Substantial means, "I-hope-to-sell-a-few-extra-magazines-so-I'll-use-the-adjective-'substantial'-to-describe-an-old-franchise-of-middling-popularity."
That's what I've been saying!

Even though Astrolad was the wrong person to quote (his comments were tongue in cheek).

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Maybe it'll be that 'hardcore' Capcom natal game that's rumoured to be of an old franchise. Perhaps MS won't wait absolutely until E3 to let some stuff out of the bag.

FrankT

Haunted said:
Guess we'll see if his description was accurate next month. :)

Well we can scratch off Hydro Thunder;

MrJonty @Jtyettis1 nope. Keep guessing.

gofreak said:
Maybe it'll be that 'hardcore' Capcom natal game that's rumoured to be of an old franchise. Perhaps MS won't wait absolutely until E3 to let some stuff out of the bag.

I'm thinking this maybe. My RE4 HD remake is coming true after all. :D

Anyhow, I can't really think of much else. Time will tell I suppose.

Oh yea, plenty of good guesses in here though, but I have to agree with the earlier comment this sounds very much 3rd party like.

gofreak said:

Don't make me think of Strider... Don't make me think of Strider...

I'm thinking about Strider.

Top Bottom