• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2016 Edition

Complete work in progress right now. Fiance' and I decided to move everything and stay in her house longer until we eventually have kids. So we're doing a *lot* of re-decorating, cleaning, and organizing. New sofa, couch, coffee table. New paint. Hired junk removers. Deep cleaning, etc, etc.

I just bought these shelves and I'm really happy with how they turned out:

25202246986_7ed8732d05_b.jpg

... Only about a third of my games, though are there; so I think a lot of older titles are going to have to stay in storage - or at least hidden in a closet.

I'm waiting for a bonus to come through before buying a new 4K TV for the office - leaning toward the 40" UN40JU7500 but am open to other suggestions.
Just ordered a desk for my PC, but shipping is 3+ weeks.

Family room so far:

25197918711_5984b58681_b.jpg

Hoping to have a more finalized look to share in the next month or so.

Where did you get those shelves? Im lookinv to get some storage for my cave.

Been talking about uploading my set up for years now. Recently moved to a new place so most of it is still work in progress.

Desk Set up in the game room. Most gaming is done here. Will be buying a new mouse and keyboard soon.

IMG_20160712_220946_zpszgdptzgy.jpg

IMG_20160712_221019_zpsdusjix4i.jpg

IMG_20160712_221027_zpsklyc0z0f.jpg

My rig I built in January. Thinking of putting some kind of desk or stand so it can be the height of the desk.

IMG_20160712_221036_zpsg7syyrvx.jpg

Theater Room. I made the screen myself. It ended up being slanted on the sides. Noob mistake but it works fine for now.

IMG_20160712_221100_zpsl87yfeby.jpg

Consoles are in the theater room. The desk is on the other side of the wall so I have one of the outputs of the hdmi matrix going to the monitor. So I can easily move between the two.

IMG_20160712_221107_zpskgjsgnp9.jpg

IMG_20160712_221112_zpsbf7vsn3r.jpg

Here is the set up from my old place. I kinda liked this better but wanted to move away from having too much on my desk.

IMG_20150101_121547_zpsmcwkf4dt.jpg

IMG_20150101_121935_zpsdv2hizyj.jpg

IMG_20150101_121623_zpssi3rerf7.jpg

SeanTSC

All of these nice, clean setups are making me more impatient about getting the new carpet, paint, and doors in down here heh. I love how my game room is setup, but I think it'll look so much better once all of that is done. My walls and carpet are just horrid right now. ><

And I forgot to update this with my new monitor! I did finally replace my old 20" 16:10 1680x1050 NEC 20WMGX2, which was nearly 10 years old. So here's a couple picture updates. I got a LG 34UC88-B for $725 on sale and I'm loving it.

Album: http://imgur.com/a/qxMlY

It's such a massive upgrade going from that old 20" (which was a *great* IPS for its time) to this massive 34" curved, ultra-wide beast. I really love it in FFXIV especially. So perfect for MMOs and how their UIs are. And I'm still using the old NEC in a way - moved it over to the coffee table to use as a third monitor for IRC, Gaf, and Gamefaqs and stuff while on the couch and playing stuff on the 60" Panasonic Plasma. Much easier than going back to the desk.

Hopefully I can get the doors done this year. Not sure on the paint and carpet though. We're redoing the whole house, so it's a big expense. But, I might do this room separately since it's going to have different colored paint and carpet than the upstairs. So I might be able to do it sooner if I do it separately. If not, I'll have stuff for the 2017 thread at least!

Chittagong

Gold Member
Here is my setup.
TV: 65" LG OLED E6
AVR: Marantz SR-6010
Speakers: Monitor Audio S2's
Consoles: PS4 and Wii U
8rivYdK.jpg

The fitting of that centre speaker is just pure art, looks like bespoke joinery, I'm guessing you got very lucky with dimensions and modules available?

Pagusas

Elden Member
Just my TV area, sorry for bad picture quality.

Funny enough I have that same TV stand coming in (only white outside, black inside) (That's a Milano 200 right?). Currently finishing up remodeling the room, doing all in wall wiring and making the room as clean and slick as possible before I post it on gaf.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Funny enough I have that same TV stand coming in (only white outside, black inside) (That's a Milano 200 right?). Currently finishing up remodeling the room, doing all in wall wiring and making the room as clean and slick as possible before I post it on gaf.
it's the Milano 160, I was gonna have the White/black as my dressers are White with Black gloss but decided against it, and same here room needs sorting hence why only the TV area is shown
But as you can see theres 2 dresser units either side with black gloss floating shelving going up, and theres is tallboy speakers and tower units in both corners.

Bgamer90

Banned
...I've been planning for my new place. I have some pretty big ideas for home lighting involving live TV sport events + various team colors + voice control (with Phillips Hue and Amazon Echo) so I'm looking forward to finally getting everything set up.

CkOE0eBWgAA2-gU.jpg:large

New picture now that I have everything set up. I will post some better pictures later.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Hey all!!

Very sorry - didn't realize my shelves were such a hit! Glad everyone likes them.

You can get them from Overstock here: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...ccid=AHFN3XSRVQ53PY2LA74GSPY4H4&searchidx=389

They're called the "America Cassidy Tiered Distressed Grey 10-Shelf Open Bookcase" from "Furniture of America."

I paid about $280/ea, but it looks like they're currently on sale for ~$243. I have two, one vertical, and one I just put on its side.

Furniture-of-America-Cassidy-Tiered-Distressed-Grey-10-Shelf-Open-Bookcase-f4bad0fb-ad45-4b7e-b0b8-4423a4bb90a5_600.jpg

WARNING: Never, ever in my life have I cussed and screamed so much putting together furniture. The thing ships in two MASSIVE boxes, with about ~70 pieces of wood PLUS screws and whatnot. I followed the instructions to a tee. Figured it would take about an hour or two... I ended up spending about six hours on the first shelf. After re-trying it about four times, I realized the instruction booklet had fucking accidentally switched either the orientation or just accidentally put things upside down for just HALF of the steps.

Hopefully things are better now, but I about lost my mind. Between that, a missing piece, half the pieces not being labeled AT ALL, no line under a 6 or a 9, zeroes fading from the ten to make it look like piece 1, and stickers to cover the screws that straight-up don't match... yeah, I was mad.

The second shelf I skipped the instructions altogether, and I put the thing together by eye in about 40 minutes. I highly, highly encourage you use common sense - and not the instructions - if they seem to still be making no sense.

With that out of the way... they're really great. VERY well built. Sturdy. Nice looking. For being particle board and assemble-yourself, I gotta say, I'll probably have these forever.

Jingo

Ok so i finally got some time to take some pics to post here.

Not much changed, an xbox one, my headset and a vase, lol.

Ps: Sorry for the quality of the photos, im a noob!

DSCF7713.jpg

DSCF7701.jpg

DSCF7717.jpg

DSCF7694.jpg

DSCF7699.jpg

DSCF7708.jpg

DSCF7714.jpg

DSCF7705.jpg

DSCF7706.jpg

DSCF7718.jpg

DSCF7722.jpg

Just_Tank

We've had this thread bookmarked since it began, so we'll finally enter the ring with our beloved nostalgic throwback game rooms here at Santa Monica Studio. These rooms have history, A LOT of it.

A few consoles, and that is the non-$60 Nintendo, old school now =)

zCZ72Ei.jpg

This corner can't escape the 80's, and it never ever should

7m3n0aq.jpg

It's a cozy room, maybe a yule log or two could spice it up even more

2Uifwkz.jpg

All your games are belong to us, seriously, our library never stops growing

cyotjzE.jpg

Angry staring contest, nobody has won yet, it's been going on for ages and ages

yD0ef0v.jpg

When you need a PlayStation telephone

NWSGtE3.jpg

We also have an arcade, by the way

JIxlsYR.jpg

SDR-UK

We've had this thread bookmarked since it began, so we'll finally enter the ring with our beloved nostalgic throwback game rooms here at Santa Monica Studio. These rooms have history, A LOT of it.

Where do I apply for a job?

That's a damn nice game room you guys have going over there.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Getting the final pieces in place for our finished room conversion, finally got the TV stand in today!

1977012cfe.jpeg

Mounted the 75x940c yesterday, may mount the center channel on the wall between the tv and stand to give it some extra height.

All the speaker wires are run in wall, right now its a 7.2 setup with 4 wire runs to the vaulted ceiling for a future 11.2 setup.

lem0n

zCZ72Ei.jpg

This corner can't escape the 80's, and it never ever should

7m3n0aq.jpg

It's a cozy room, maybe a yule log or two could spice it up even more

2Uifwkz.jpg

All your games are belong to us, seriously, our library never stops growing

cyotjzE.jpg

Angry staring contest, nobody has won yet, it's been going on for ages and ages

yD0ef0v.jpg

When you need a PlayStation telephone

NWSGtE3.jpg

We also have an arcade, by the way

JIxlsYR.jpg

Incredible. The '80s corner is just killing it.

desu

Scrolled by without reading the username/post and thought that the owner must be a pretty huge GoW fan xD.

Looks really awesome!

GlamFM

Banned
Here is my setup.
TV: 65" LG OLED E6
AVR: Marantz SR-6010
Speakers: Monitor Audio S2's
Consoles: PS4 and Wii U
8rivYdK.jpg

Good stuff, follows my 3 simple rules perfectly.

1. White is the only acceptable wall color.
2. Hide your cables.
3. Don´t put all your bullshit on display - nobody cares for it.

leng jai

2. Hide your cables.

I've been reducing all my shit gradually. Taking a while, I have a lot of shit.

Bgamer90

Banned

2. Hide your cables.

I've been reducing all my shit gradually. Taking a while, I have a lot of shit.

I don't think there's many who put all of their stuff out for the purpose of impressing; I think more simply do it for ease of access.

There's definitely ways in which you can have multiple devices out while still looking clean though such as hiding wires (as you've stated).

GlamFM

Banned
I don't think there's many who put all of their stuff out for the purpose of impressing; I think more simply do it for ease of access.

There's definitely ways in which you can have multiple devices out while still looking clean though such as hiding wires (as you've stated).

I´m talking about racks full of dolls basically.

Collectables if you will.

It´s a fine line between being a collector and a horder IMO.

;)

Pagusas

Elden Member
Holy fuck, a home theatre with its own shower.

Now that's baller.

Ha, not exactly. We have 3 sets of floor to ceiling windows right their, curtains just came in and we still have to work on them.

You can see them here before I started hanging the TV but after I had run all the wires in the wall and painted:

Jingo

Getting the final pieces in place for our finished room conversion, finally got the TV stand in today!

1977012cfe.jpeg

Mounted the 75x940c yesterday, may mount the center channel on the wall between the tv and stand to give it some extra height.

All the speaker wires are run in wall, right now its a 7.2 setup with 4 wire runs to the vaulted ceiling for a future 11.2 setup.

This model is the same as mine? "Look above" im asking this cause i was afraid to wallmount cause the tv as a shape of a triangle, great display btw.

Pagusas

Elden Member
This model is the same as mine? "Look above" im asking this cause i was afraid to wallmount cause the tv as a shape of a triangle, great display btw.

Yours looks like a 930c, is that correct? Mine is a 75" 940c, basically its big brother and a fald screen instead of edgelit.

Mine would actually be MORE of a triangle than yours, and had absolutly 0 problem mounting it (except for it being 125lbs and a bit of bear to level).

I could push her flat against the wall and she'd look increadble, but I like having it pulled 9" off the wall and slightly angled towards the viewer.

Jingo

Yours looks like a 930c, is that correct? Mine is a 75" 940c, basically its big brother and a fald screen instead of edgelit.

Mine would actually be MORE of a triangle than yours, and had absolutly 0 problem mounting it (except for it being 125lbs and a bit of bear to bet leveld).

I could push her flat against the wall and she'd look increadble, but I like having it pulled 9" off the wall and slightly angled towards the viewer.

Mine is 9005b model from 2014, my walls are drywalls so i was afraid cause its quite heavy, what do you think of the image? I was used to samsung and his bright colors and found sony one a little darker, also in games i have to cut down a lot of effects or there will be input lag

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
My new PC. specs below.
DIxS00f.jpg

9fheOKv.jpg

i7-6700K (4.5Ghz)
Cooler Master Hyper 212X
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2400 (can OC to 3200 if needed)
MSI Z170A G43 Plus
MSI GTX 1070 8GB (2050/4120)
Samsung 1TB 850 Evo SSD
EVGA Supernova 750W G2
Fractal Design Define S

BenQ RL2455HM 24" 1080p 60Hz monitor
Corsair K65 Mechanical Keyboard
Gigabyte M6900 mouse
Creative T20 Series II speakers
Wired Xbox 360 controller
WD 250GB back up HDD
Malm (pull out) Desk from Ikea.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Mine is 9005b model from 2014, my walls are drywalls so i was afraid cause its quite heavy, what do you think of the image? I was used to samsung and his bright colors and found sony one a little darker, also in games i have to cut down a lot of effects or there will be input lag

input lag is at 36ms in game mode even with local dimming turned on, its perfectly perfect for my games.

I actually came from a Samsung 52a750 and tried a 78js9500 first. I like the x940c way more. Color accuracy is easier to achieve, the brightness level of the tv is much better (its over 500nitts brighter than the 9005b, so brightness is not an area of concern), and when combined with the near perfect blacks the FLAD system produces it creates a much more punchy image. I like sony's 1080p scaing better also, and the motion handling with their fame insertion system is truely great, side by side the Samsung fell on its face when comparing motion blur.

I'm not sure what you mean by needing to cut down on effects, I'll run Witcher 3 as high as it will go and have no issues at all with input lag, but as i said 36ms is nothing to sneeze at. Right now I run most games at 1920x1080@120hz (though I obviously cant run most games at that speed, i do find just running the screen at 120hz is the most optimal for PC gaming). I've played skyrim at 4k and absolutly loved it. Once the titan x or 1080ti come out I'll push more games up to it.

Also HDR is insane and I cant wait for game support.

Jingo

input lag is at 36ms in game mode even with local dimming turned on, its perfectly perfect for my games.

I actually came from a Samsung 52a750 and tried a 78js9500 first. I like the x940c way more. Color accuracy is easier to achieve, the brightness level of the tv is much better (its over 500nitts brighter than the 9005b, so brightness is not an area of concern), and when combined with the near perfect blacks the FLAD system produces it creates a much more punchy image. I like sony's 1080p scaing better also, and the motion handling with their fame insertion system is truely great, side by side the Samsung fell on its face when comparing motion blur.

I'm not sure what you mean by needing to cut down on effects, I'll run Witcher 3 as high as it will go and have no issues at all with input lag, but as i said 36ms is nothing to sneeze at. Right now I run most games at 1920x1080@120hz (though I obviously cant run most games at that speed, i do find just running the screen at 120hz is the most optimal for PC gaming). I've played skyrim at 4k and absolutly loved it. Once the titan x or 1080ti come out I'll push more games up to it.

Also HDR is insane and I cant wait for game support.
The effects im talking about its like "motion flow, live colour, white auto adjusts, black auto adjusts, contrast" you know, the extra effects that give that color difference, if i have them on , dor example the aiming will be slower than in the "game mode"

Pagusas

Elden Member
The effects im talking about its like "motion flow, live colour, white auto adjusts, black auto adjusts, contrast" you know, the extra effects that give that color difference, if i have them on , dor example the aiming will be slower than in the "game mode"

oh of course, its a balancing act with those. Live color has no impact on input lag, its just a color remapping and forcing the screen in to bt2020 mode while maping the rec709 signal into it and artificially extending some 709 color points into the wider gammet. I turn it on low just for a bit of color punch.

Motion flow is one that is nice for non-action based games, and when you do have an action based game but want crystal clear motion, sacrafice some screen brightness for blank frame insertion (this is where the 1100 nits of brightness comes in handy with the x940c, I can push BFI up to 3 and still have a bright image, though 4 introduces flickering and headaches). Does the 9005b support 1080p@120hz 4:4:4?

Black adjust should be off, you should have your TV's black level accurately set and not need an artiicial 3 level clipping. Contrast enhancments should also be off, the TV does not need it and it over darkens areas.

Jingo

oh of course, its a balancing act with those. Live color has no impact on input lag, its just a color remapping and forcing the screen in to bt2020 mode while maping the rec709 signal into it and artificially extending some 704 color points into the wider gammet. I turn it on low just for a bit of color punch.

Motion flow is one that is nice for non-action based games, and when you do have an action based game but want crystal clear motion, sacrafice some screen brightness for blank frame insertion (this is where the 1100 nits of brightness comes in handy with the x940c, I can push BFI up to 3 and still have a bright image, though 4 introduces flickering and headaches). Does the 9005b support 1080p@120hz 4:4:4?

Black adjust should be off, you should have your TV's black level accurately set and not need an artiicial 3 level clipping. Contrast enhancments should also be off, the TV does not need it and it over darkens areas.

Oh man i didnt know i was talking to a pro lol, thanks for the tips, im sorry i cant go really into great debating with you cause my knowledge on settings its just a disaster, i had my tv a while a go set to factory settings and had a lot of trouble getting image like i wanted it to, even today its seems darker than what i wanted!

Its a damm shame trying the general setting and seeing a great image on uncharted 4 and then switch to game mode to a just "mew" quality.

Timan

Developer
Ha, not exactly. We have 3 sets of floor to ceiling windows right their, curtains just came in and we still have to work on them.

You can see them here before I started hanging the TV but after I had run all the wires in the wall and painted:

Random question, that fan... where did you buy it? House is currently under construction and having a heck of a time finding fixtures and crap that I like lol

Top Bottom