• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enslaved, new "first look" and screens

V_Ben

Banned
gameplay wise, looks good. but good grief, somebody needs to soften the game up a bit, edge-wise. That and some better textures wouldn't hurt.

Cep

Banned
Looks fun.

Platforming looks pretty decent, the only issue I have is with the glowing handhold.

Hopefully they can be turned off.

boiled goose

good with gravy
wow at the lack of cohesion in the artstyle.

The colors are nice but it looks like too many things smashed together.
Animeish vegeta tekken male character and more realistic heavenly sword female character with UE3 bioshocky plastic glow and interesting but pysychodelic apocalyptic terminator salvation gears of war uncharty backgrounds along with spyborgs like cartoony robots.

it just looks weird

EDIT:
Orobi said:
Looks like an Uncharted clone, but with Terminator Salvation (the game. The UGLY game) environments :-\ And goku as main characters. Meh.

Haha wow. :lol
you just missed the spyborgs cartoony robots :p

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Orobi said:
New gameplay video:
http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...-to-the-west-tameem-antoniades-interview?hd=0

Looks like an Uncharted clone, but with Terminator Salvation (the game. The UGLY game) environments :-\ And goku as main characters. Meh.

so according to Tameem Antoniades in this video..

30% combat , and the combat system is one and double-click button...for an action game.

holy fucking crap on a legendary shit sandwich.

also they must trained with the legendary copy Ninja Kakashi , copy lil from UC2 ( scripted event during the climbing ) ,copy the parkour jumping style on stuff from PoP/AssCreed , copy cover system , copy trademark mashy combat system from HS and release that epic jutsu , they are Ninja indeed.

smh @ this entire interview video.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
O...k... at the hate spewing post above me.

It looks ok, I feel I haven't seen enough. I agree that some elements feel grabbed, the UC2 climbing one especially, but it's not enough to make me judge the whole game.

Image quality is bothering me a bit. Lots of rough aliasing and the textures look extremely low resolution.

I'm taking a wait and see approach.

AAK

I guess NT knows what they're doing. Still doesn't show me if they're capable of making a game like DMC or not.

PowderedToast

character design and setting is really gamey. hard to explain so i have to use that word. judging from that video everything you interact with when platforming glows. it looks terrible.

Suzzopher

I think this looks great. I loved Heavenly Sword alot so have high hopes. Still don't think they're the right studio for DMC mind.

new screens:

big_1.jpg

big_2.jpg

big_3.jpg

big_4.jpg

big_5.jpg

big_6.jpg

big_7.jpg

big_8.jpg

big_9.jpg

big_10.jpg

big_11.jpg

big_12.jpg

big_13.jpg

big_14.jpg

big_15.jpg

big_16.jpg

big_17.jpg

big_18.jpg

big_19.jpg

big_20.jpg

big_21.jpg

big_22.jpg

big_23.jpg

big_24.jpg

big_25.jpg

big_26.jpg

big_27.jpg

big_28.jpg

big_29.jpg

big_30.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
kallisto76 said:
new screens:

thick bones ugly looking characters , ugly and dead faces ,and it seems like they are trying way too much with the post apocalyptic city but it look very bleh.

ZAnimus

I think it looks superb. Based on the little that's been shown/revealed, this is one of my most anticipated games for the rest of 2010.

Dever

Banned
The platforming looks fantastic, not sure about the combat yet though. They way they make the grabbable objects shiny is kind of weird. Couldn't they just make them have brighter colours kind of like what UC2 did in many places?

V_Arnold

Lol at the Uncharted clones comments. Jeez, Naughty Dog even invented green grass, did not they?

I get a Jak 1 vibe from the level design somehow, but that is okay. It is nothing even worth mentioning.

But the theme... I love it. Kinda wish they would have gone for a way where Kazuya Minekura went with Gensomaden Saiyuki (with all these nyoinbo references and the golden headband, I felt so much nostalgia for all the different reasons) - but this one will be an adaptation that can stand on its own - and that is a very big first for a game, which takes on a classic.

Violater

Environments look good provided the textures hold up, I still think the enemies look uninspired (tbh most of that has to do with the texture work, which might still get upgraded).
The movement and platforming looked good, I love the feeling of weight and momentum, I just hope its a little challenging and not too automatic.
<3 Nariko :(
That being said I hope they do not show us the whole game before its released like they did with HS.

Gattsu25

Banned
BobsRevenge said:
Maybe. Zeno Clash had very inconsistent art. Sometimes it was inspired and awesome, other times it was awkward and horrible. I think across everything it just sort of evened out into average territory.
Not really

looks great, well done ninja theory. I hope the rumors are true that they are behind the new DMC. I like their character design. so much details.

I think the graphics and art design look pretty good. Its the actual game I'm worried about. Heavenly Sword's problems sure weren't graphics and art.

Salazar

Willy Wanka said:
I'm not sure why people are labelling this as 'ugly' as it looks rather good to me.

Totobeni said:
thick bones ugly looking characters , ugly and dead faces ,and it seems like they are trying way too much with the post apocalyptic city but it look very bleh.

Insanity, that's why. Bumptious, childish lunacy.

lilltias

Totobeni said:

We get it now. You don't like this game and you are gonna hate on it no matter what.

I think the screens look great and I'm curious on how it plays. Might be fun, I like the setting!

carlosp

Banned
-DarKaoZ- said:
Is it me... or Heavenly Sword looked better than this game? =/
it did. I played throw it a couple if times and while the characters only look a little bit inferior in some parts the animation and environment look totally downgraded from what we saw in HS.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
makingmusic476 said:
It's using UE.30? Why didn't they just refine the engine they created for Heavenly Sword?

Or did they not use their own engine for that one either?
heavenly sword engine was too ps3 centric i guess

Top Bottom