• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Popular FGC streamer MAXIMILIAN accidentally says n*gger on stream; asses are shown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Max definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt. Dude has been harmless during all his time as a streamer and content creator.
But as Bish said... He also deserves 10 million knife hands.

Finalizer

Goddamn at this graveyard...

Hope Max apologizes for this. Seems like a genuinely good dude otherwise; would be awful for him to not confront this.

EDIT: Missed a post above linking to a tweet. Acknowledging it is a start.

Holy shit, this thread is a graveyard.

While I don't think he meant any ill intent (maybe just a slip of the tongue?), he should still be let known of what he said. And I don't mean saying "wow you're a racist pos" or anything like that, but more like "hey chill out with that," and to just be more aware of what he's saying. Or as Bish puts it: a healthy dose of side-eyeing.

I'm honestly stunned at how many GAFers (who are now banned) don't have an issue with this. You don't just say this word on accident unless you are a racist prick. Language like this shouldn't be tolerated anywhere, especially on GAF.

Gaming side tends to be infinitely worse than Off-Topic when it comes to social issues like this.

Not a good look. I popped in a few times last night took look at For Honor. Everytime he'd do that execution he'd make up some weird combination of words to call it. Could be it was just an unfortunate accident since he was just kinda spewing random nonsensical words. Though if that was the case I'm surprised he didn't instantly go "oh shit" and apologize. Maybe he did, but clip doesn't show it. Looks more like he just kinda swept it under the rug hoping no one would notice. I'm going to guess chat's response didn't help things either.

You could tell he realize it the moment he said it. Trying to make it sound like it was something else. I like Max buuut yeah that's not a good look whatsoever.

This thread was really eye opening. I guess the good news is Bish got his yearly Gaf cleaning done before Christmas. heh

Hope Max apologizes for this. Seems like a genuinely good dude otherwise; would be awful for him to not confront this.

He's basically been apologizing for it on his twitter for a couple hours. Said it was accidentally a mash up of Ginger and Ninja and it was his first time saying it and that it mortified him

Seik

Banned
Oh Max, be careful when you're live, I mean even when you're not with that awful word FFS.

Dude must be embarrassed right now, but hey, shit happens right? I bet he will NEVER do this again after this. :lol

Alienous

what was he even trying to say? it honestly sounds like he was rhyming a bunch of words and said it by accident because it was just a random rhyming sound

not that he actually used the slur by accident

The 'Chinda Chanka(?) Ninja Dagger'? I assume a weapon in the game that he unlocked.

It just seems like Ninja and Dagger got mixed up. Or it could have been the word before Ninja that got mixed up. I don't know if it's Chanka, or Chander or something like that.

Posting to make sure I'm not banned.
First post in the thread actually lol.

This is that (former?) Namco rep, right. Used to post on TZ and Soul Call forums?

Tansut

Earlier he also tweeted what more or less equates to an apology, stating he was seeking forgiveness from some squad of his. He also responded to someone saying it wasn't a big deal by saying he's still disappointed in himself.

Overall it seems like a pretty fair response to something that fairly deserved a response in the first place.

farisr

Just for those people who are saying he needs to address it, here are a few of his tweets.

"Last night I combined the word Ginger and Ninja in a furious rhyming of words to horrible resorts. Literally shocked me after I said it."

"Had to review the footage of the stream this morning and yep,totally said it. Need forgiveness from the NinjaSquad @INFINITE_SGE @unrooolie"

"After watching the video, I'm still disappointing. Was a slip but was still the first time I've ever said the word."

"Coming clean. Today I promise to never again do rapid name rhyming ever again. My NinjaSquad membership, revoked..."

"@lKzeroll @GeoffTheHero It was, but just the shock/feeling of being accused of being a racist hurts. Feelsbadman."

mattp

The 'Chinda Chanka(?) Ninja Dagger'? I assume a weapon in the game that he unlocked.

It just seems like Ninja and Dagger got mixed up. Or it could have been the word before Ninja that got mixed up. I don't know if it's Chanka, or Chander or something like that.

yeah
like, this sounds like he just said a bunch of words and made the phonetic sound of the n word, not even that he accidentally slipped and used the word itself

unlike when ryan davis slipped and called someone the f word. he immediately was shocked and apologized, so i think it was fine. but that one was clearly him using the WORD, because lets be honest. a lot of us used that word when we were younger and it was unfortunately more acceptable, so i can see how it may have slipped out on reflex for him

aoinokaze

Neo Member
He's basically been apologizing for it on his twitter for a couple hours. Said it was accidentally a mash up of Ginger and Ninja and it was his first time saying it and that it mortified him

Mix up between Ginger and Ninja?

Sounds like maximum damage control

Ban hammer stronk.

OT that streamer should really try watch what he says.
It may have been just an honest mistake but you can't slip up and always get the benefit of the doubt.

Hopefully he's learnt something from this.

messiaen

Wow... Some of these replies are just incredible... Don't know how you can live in such a bubble in the 21st century to the point that you don't know how terrible and real of an issue racism is... That's just blind or intentional ignorance, either way it's 100% wrong to think that it's just a word.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Some of the responses in this thread were hilarious - in the not so good way, glad some cleaning up got done to address that. The difference between OT and Gaming is stark to be sure.

Alo0oy

Banned
I always dismissed the theory that OT is more progressive than the gaming side, but now I see how wrong I was, the first page is embarrassing.

I hope the idiots that were banned never come back, they should go post in r/KotakuInAction or r/TheDonald or something, they'll fit in better there.

RotBot

I clicked watch full video. OP cut the clip off right as he started to say

Everything has a ridiculous name.

Bad way to strip context like that, OP.

He also notices his chat blowing up and starts reading, but tries really hard to avoid acknowledging what happened by answering an unrelated question.

redlegs87

Some of the responses in this thread are pretty mind boggling. He's acknowledge it already and hopefully he takes this and learns from it.

I just gotta say that first page is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen not only on GAF, but on the entire Internet. Absolutely disgraceful.

Really wish he would have apologized and not just moved on. It probably made everyone in the stream uncomfortable. I don't think he was coming from a bad place, I really think it was a slip up while trying to say some sort of stupid thing (tongue twister? Don't really know). He really shouldn't have thrown it under the rug, though.

Edit: Oh, so he is apologizing. Still should have done it on stream after it happened.

Alienous

Just for those people who are saying he needs to address it, here are a few of his tweets.

"Last night I combined the word Ginger and Ninja in a furious rhyming of words to horrible resorts. Literally shocked me after I said it."

"Had to review the footage of the stream this morning and yep,totally said it. Need forgiveness from the NinjaSquad @INFINITE_SGE @unrooolie"

"After watching the video, I'm still disappointing. Was a slip but was still the first time I've ever said the word."

"Coming clean. Today I promise to never again do rapid name rhyming ever again. My NinjaSquad membership, revoked..."

"@lKzeroll @GeoffTheHero It was, but just the shock/feeling of being accused of being a racist hurts. Feelsbadman."

Maximillian: "I'm still disappointing"

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Hey guys. I'd like to post this clip for clarity, as my conscience won't let me do otherwise.

https://twitter.com/maximilian_/status/776878558597697536

After tongue twisting words multiple times throughout the stream, I said something I literally didn't believe I said until after I reviewed the footage in the morning. I was woken this morning to several people telling me that Neogaf and Reddit are blasting what I said and it's blowing up.

It was absolutely not my intention to use this word. It's disgusting, filthy and I've never intentionally used it ever in my life. Deeply sorry to anyone who thinks ill of me after this, as I've wanted nothing but to create an environment on Youtube and Twitch of kind-hearted people who I try to give back too just as much as they've given to me. The accusations coming my direction is something I've never had to deal with before, and it honestly one of the worst feelings I can remember. Especially when everything about my life, family and friends is the exact opposite of what the word represents.

I'll let the mods decide what to do with this thread. I can't ignore what I accidentally said, but I'd prefer not to be reminded of it every-time I visit the forum I've been a part of for almost a decade.

Wow, I expected better from GAF members. First page comments seem to straight out of YouTube comments and Twitch chat. I guess social topics such as this, no matter the forum, will always bring out the worst out of people.

MouldyK

Atleast he came clean, but i would like to see a real apology. And what does he mean by "ninja squad" because if he's using ninja like i think he is he fucked up again.

He isn't, he means:

INFINITE_SGE Twitch

What is the "Ninja Squad?"

I could go on to talk about myself but this channel isn't about that. This channel is about YOU & the community that we are all apart of! See, ever since online gaming was introduced I saw the potential for something greater. The potential to play videogames with my friends no matter where we were. To enjoy the good times & experience the fun and excitement of playing the games together!

But then twitch came along and made the possibilities endless! Now I get the chance to hangout & play even more games with YOU! I get to meet some of the greatest people in the chat & sometimes in person! I've been fortunate enough to have a stream that consists of some of the most talented, coolest, kind, funny, supportive, and all around amazing group of individuals I could ever come across, and even though I'm the guy in front of the camera, I'm just happy to be apart of it all!

The "Ninja Squad" is more than just a community, we are a clan that's here to spread love, good vibes, and get our game on!! So at the end of the day, I want you to remember, it doesn't matter what games you play, all that matters is the people you enjoy spending time with. Now lets have some fun! ^_^

Also, what do you mean by real apology?

maximilian ‏@maximilian_ 2h2 hours ago
maximilian Retweeted Broken Intelligence
After watching the video, I'm still disappointing. Was a slip but was still the first time I've ever said the word.

kewlmyc

I'm a fan of Max, and haven't had a change to watch the video since I'm at work. However, after watching him for years and seeing who he hangs out with on stream, I higher doubt he's racist or even secretly racist. Every other stream would be pure torture for him if true.

I can understand people being disappointed though, even Max is disappointed in himself.

Revven

Earlier he also tweeted what more or less equates to an apology, stating he was seeking forgiveness from some squad of his. He also responded to someone saying it wasn't a big deal by saying he's still disappointed in himself.

Overall it seems like a pretty fair response to something that fairly deserved a response in the first place.

For clarification's sake, the "squad" are his two personal friends he has on his stream from time to time; they're black. Hence why he was bringing them up.

Hey guys. I'd like to post this clip for clarity, as my conscience won't let me do otherwise.

https://twitter.com/maximilian_/status/776878558597697536

After tongue twisting words multiple times throughout the stream, I said something I literally didn't believe I said until after I reviewed the footage in the morning. I was woken this morning to several people telling me that Neogaf and Reddit are blasting what I said and it's blowing up.

It was absolutely not my intention to use this word. It's disgusting, filthy and I've never intentionally used it ever in my life. Deeply sorry to anyone who thinks ill of me after this, as I've wanted nothing but to create an environment on Youtube and Twitch of kind-hearted people who I try to give back too just as much as they've given to me. The accusations coming my direction is something I've never had to deal with before, and it honestly one of the worst feelings I can remember. Especially when everything about my life, family and friends is the exact opposite of what the word represents.

I'll let the mods decide what to do with this thread. I can't ignore what I accidentally said, but I'd prefer not to be reminded of it every-time I visit the forum I've been a part of for almost a decade.
You have nothing to apologize for because there wasn't even a hint of mal intent in that clip I just watched. Slip of the tongue, completely innocent.

Wow, I expected better from GAF members. First page comments seem to straight out of YouTube comments and Twitch chat. I guess social topics such as this, no matter the forum, will always bring out the worst out of people.

He's an FGC streamer. Regrettably it's not surprising that kind of crowd ends up in the mix.

cordy

Banned
Man, as a black fan of Max seeing this was just idk weird. Just something I hoped I'd never have to see because I don't know about anyone else but whenever they brought up "ninja" in place of the word or whenever they did the "yo yo homie yo" stuff as jokes, I hoped something like this would never happen. You could tell he tried to sweep it under the rug after it happened too. Like, nah bruh, not with it.

I just hate when people I'm fans of end up saying something like this, it's just uncomfortable. I don't care if people think it was an accident, it was uncomfortable for me personally regardless of what anyone thinks and regardless of if it was an accident or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom