• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN SALE - Valkyria Chronicles, dark Souls 2, mgs5, R&C and much more

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Tempted by Dark Souls 2... Never played a dark nor bloodborne...

Good idea ?

As someone who loves Bloodborne and Demon's Souls, I've had a hard time getting into Dark Souls. I've just played an hour or so of the second one on PS4 and I've mostly felt it looks ugly and lacks the great level design of Bloodborne.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure because it's been a while but I think you might need to "buy" each DLC separately (they cost nothing if you have the season pass).

"Buying" all DLC's from the store (there are A LOT of them) should help, but it's not a certainity. I heard some people had problems with the Driveclub's DLC by not being able to access them despite them being shown as purchased. If nothing works then he will have to contact Sony.

Yeah I go on to the DLC item page in the game and it does say 'Purchases' despite not being available to play. To Sony I go!

Thanks guys.

As someone who loves Bloodborne and Demon's Souls, I've had a hard time getting into Dark Souls. I've just played an hour or so of the second one on PS4 and I've mostly felt it looks ugly and lacks the great level design of Bloodborne.

Dark Souls 2 is universally considered the worst and feels quite different to the others. You should play Dark Souls before you judge the whole series. Level desgin and atmosphere are amazing in that one.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Dark Souls 2 is universally considered the worst and feels quite different to the others. You should play Dark Souls before you judge the whole series. Level desgin and atmosphere are amazing in that one.

I've played Dark Souls. I've tried both on PS3 and PC but while I don't consider it bad I do consider it a lot worse than Demon's and Bloodborne.

q4roel

As someone that loves Arkham Knight, are the story DLC packs any use?

I played the Harley one that came with it and it seemed a bit pointless. Are the Red Hood and Batgirl expansions any better?

I just bought it and played A Matter of Family. It appears to be one of the lengthier bits of DLC, probably as long as Harley Quinn's Revenge (from Arkham CIty) at about an hour, give or take. Depending on usage of a guide your 100% completion will probably net you 2 hours of playtime.

Season of Infamy is said to be roughly 2,5 to 3 hours long and you should equate A Matter of Family in terms of quality. Outside of these two you're getting the Red Hood, Robin and Catwoman DLC's which are about the same as Harley's.

Outside of this there's a load of skins and challenge maps included in the pass which I always enjoy the most outside of the story modes. So at 10€ the season pass is probably well worth the purchase.

Edit: and if you love AK as much as you say you do, you don't really need an excuse to buy this, do you?

GeeTeeCee

I can't argue with £8 for the Arkham Knight season pass. I love that game, but even I can't defend the price WB tried to charge for it originally. Time to reinstall it, finally.

Prisoner

I'm interested in the Killzone + season pass bundle. I already have the disc version of Killzone installed on my PS4.

Will it just download the season pass and "unlock" the game so I can play it without the disc, or will it have to download the entire game and install it all over again?

Also my save should just carry over, right?

Auctopus

Play Dark Souls 1. The second one is ugly and has bad level design. The man who directed BB and DeS directed Dark Souls 1.

Edit: just seen your answer.

Tempted by Dark Souls 2... Never played a dark nor bloodborne...

Good idea ?

Bloodborne pisses on Dark Souls 2 from orbit. DS2 is the one game to avoid in the series IMHO, a disappointment of Devil May Cry 2 proportions. To top it off, BB is the most beginner friendly game in the series and DS2 the most frustrating one (cheap death after cheap death, enough to turn me off after finishing DS1 twice and BB four times).

I know the DS2 fan swarm will be on me like piranhas on a flayed cow, but don't listen to their lies.

See above. DS1 and 3 are grand, although I still love BB even more. DS1 was my favorite game of all time until Bloodborne. Don't make the mistake of sleeping on them just because DS2 is shit, remember it's the only game not directed by Miyazaki.

T-0800

I'm interested in the Killzone + season pass bundle. I already have the disc version of Killzone installed on my PS4.

Will it just download the season pass and "unlock" the game so I can play it without the disc, or will it have to download the entire game and install it all over again?

Also my save should just carry over, right?

You should be right to go.

Prisoner

You should be right to go.

Great, thanks.

EDIT: It turns out it does download and install the entire fucking 49GB game all over gain. On top of that, new screenshots and videos are saved to a separate folder. So stupid. Saved data carries over, at least.

Looks like this week is random...

Indie Games

Crimsonland (€5)
The Swapper (€6)
The Swindle (€6)
The BIT.Trip (€5)
Neon Chrome (€9)
Bard's Gold (€4)
Banner Saga 2 (€14)

Ubisoft Licensed Stuff

Risk (€8)
Risk Urban Assualt (€9)
Boggle (€5)
Battleship (€8)
Monopoly Deal (€3)
Monopoly Family Fun Pack (€20)
Monopoly Plus (€8)
Trivial Pursuit Live (€8)
Hasbro Family Fun Pack (€15)
Toy Soldiers War Chest (€7)

Othe rUbi Stuff

Assassin's Creed Synciate (€20)
Assassin's Creed Unity (€15)
Assassin's Creed Black Flag (€12)
Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry (Standalone) (€5)
Rainbow Six Siege (€25)
Far Cry Primal (€22)
Far Cry 4 (€15)
Tom Clancy's The Division (€26)
Just Dance 2016 (€25)
Assassin Creed Chronicles Trilogy (€10) (Each Game is €5 Separately)
Trials of The Blood Dragon (€9)
Zombi (€10)
Child of Light (€5)

One Random JRPG

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (€23)

There is no sense or reason to which Indie games are on sale, so I probably missed a few of those whilst looking through the list. The above is a mix of PS+ and non PS+ prices.

Karu

Ah Siege again so soon? Awesome, might grab it, super curious... but then there's still Overwatch, so....

GeeTeeCee

The Assassin's Creed Syndicate season pass/Jack the Ripper DLC is finally on sale from today... I've waited so long.

Weird that they didn't just add it last week when the DLC sale started.

Ah Siege again so soon? Awesome, might grab it, super curious... but then there's still Overwatch, so....

Siege looking good to me too. If I can convince a few buddies to jump in too maybe.

Anyone know if you can play regular monopoly in monopoly? Bought trivial pursuit and you can't play trivial pursuit.

Piccoro

Thanks to this sale I've bought Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for 6 €, and the game is freaking awesome, I can't put it down! :)

Shin-chan

what kind of examples?

If i enjoyed SO4 I should expect something similar if not better right?
I never played SO4 so can't really comment on it. But the game feels very barren and simple (huge, dull, lifeless environments where enemies wander aimlessly) and there's lots of stuff that feels quite jarring (for example, there's no animation for opening a door the game just pauses while it loads into the building). The most obvious sign is that the cutscenes aren't cutscenes - dialogue just happens in the usual game camera while everyone stands around and you can't move away very far. It all just adds up to create the feeling of a game made on a tight budget.

I didn't get far enough to experience a lot of it, but the game also apparently suffers badly from reused enemies, backtracking through areas multiple times in the game, and the combat never really gets particularly fun or interesting.

As a positive, the localisation is actually pretty decent and I don't mind the character designs and faces etc that many people complained about prior to release. Overall, it's still a pretty bad game though lol. I was so disappointed because I'd been looking forward to it since it was announced at E3 last year.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Everybody buy Diablo UEE
and add me on PSN cause I want to start playing it again
it's great

I'm torn between Ratchet | Clunk and Walkyria Chronicles R.

Jamiaro

Just got my Crusader to lvl 70 and Paragon+6 on Diablo 3. Good game, just got my difficulty to Torment 1. :) If anyone wants to safely co-op, please add me on PSN. Same as my Gaf-name.

Hyperlight Drifter is on sale, not completly sold on the game though. Would appreciate any insight, thanks.

It's fantastic; one of my favourite games of the year so far. The basic gameplay is similar to Zelda, in that you start at a town in the centre and then at each compass point there's a dungeon you need to complete and defeat the boss. It doesn't have puzzles like Zelda though, and I think the game design is more reminiscent of Metroid in that you have to observe the environment for clues on how to progress, and they're jam-packed with secrets. The combat is also a lot more skilful than those games, coming off as more like a 2D version of the original Devil May Cry, with a combination of swordplay and various guns and a focus on dashing and agility. It also has some of the best pixel art I've ever seen and a multitude of really excellent bosses. I just completed it a few days ago, and I'd say if you have any interest in Zelda or Metroid then you need to play this game.

Don't buy Star Ocean. Really don't. There's nothing good about it

Buy Hyper Light Drifter instead

Hyperlight Drifter is on sale, not completly sold on the game though. Would appreciate any insight, thanks.

It's AMAZING. Super cool dark atmosphere and ambient soundtrack, great pixel art, very satisfying gameplay with a good difficulty, a ton of hidden secrets. Can't praise it enough.

Bishop89

I never played SO4 so can't really comment on it. But the game feels very barren and simple (huge, dull, lifeless environments where enemies wander aimlessly) and there's lots of stuff that feels quite jarring (for example, there's no animation for opening a door the game just pauses while it loads into the building). The most obvious sign is that the cutscenes aren't cutscenes - dialogue just happens in the usual game camera while everyone stands around and you can't move away very far. It all just adds up to create the feeling of a game made on a tight budget.

I didn't get far enough to experience a lot of it, but the game also apparently suffers badly from reused enemies, backtracking through areas multiple times in the game, and the combat never really gets particularly fun or interesting.

As a positive, the localisation is actually pretty decent and I don't mind the character designs and faces etc that many people complained about prior to release. Overall, it's still a pretty bad game though lol. I was so disappointed because I'd been looking forward to it since it was announced at E3 last year.
Honestly a lot of what you said was present in SO4, and it didnt really bother me personally. Might pick it up, I need a new jrpg to play and ff15 is too far away :'(

wouwie

It seems a lot of these digital games go on sale so fast these days. A few of them are on sale even before i had a chance to play them while buying on day of release.

For those who like a different kind of experience, Abzû is on sale for 14€.

Shin-chan

Honestly a lot of what you said was present in SO4, and it didnt really bother me personally. Might pick it up, I need a new jrpg to play and ff15 is too far away :'(
Get a Vita and play Cold Steel in time for 2 to release in PAL regions :p it's the best game of the year, until the sequel is out.

Or play it on PS3 if you still have one.

Top Bottom