• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat [E3 2010]

n0n44m

I don't really care for fighting games as a genre anymore but I just have to buy this out of pure nostalgia :lol

is this gonna be the final name?

Magnus

derFeef said:
Heh, I am not sure for myself. Especially the "I am vomitting acid into your throat" fatality by Reptile. I have no problem with cutting and squishing. But this one, Jeeeeeze.

The increased realism in the character models...man. I don't know if I'll be able to handle it.

The Hermit

They are making MK relevant again... NIce!! :D :D

I had all Mk games of SNES and N64. Even SubZero Mythologies... and I loved them!

rikichi

just saw the screwattack piece and consider me fuked, this game is awesome.

2upxr1t.jpg

mooorrttallll koommbaattttttt

fernoca

Also notice how the hair actually looks like hair instead of being just polygons with a texture like in the original/first Johnny Cage pic from this game. ;)

Linkhero1

In Trilogy there are 28 characters, not including bosses. The character select screen has 27 slots including the DLC slot. I wonder who won't be in this game.

Edit: I'm thinking no more Cyborg Smoke and they're just going to use the Human (?) Smoke.

fernoca

Keep in mind that the DLC slot will hold multiple characters.. ;) (or as many as they make..from just 1..to 5..to 10?)

tim1138

Linkhero1 said:
Did he say that? :eek:

Only makes sense, why would there only be one DLC character?
My guess is it will work the guest character slot in Soulcalibur IV--you click on it and then multiple characters pop up.

Linkhero1

tim1138 said:
Only makes sense, why would there only be one DLC character?
My guess is it will work the guest character slot in Soulcalibur IV--you click on it and then multiple characters pop up.
Makes sense. Someone told me it's just for one character so I was given false information.

ZombieSupaStar said:
plus the DLC slot has a down arrow on it

Didn't notice it the first time I took a looked at the picture. Thanks makes me feel better =D

Kabal <3

tim1138

Linkhero1 said:
Makes sense. Someone told me it's just for one character so I was given false information.

Fair enough.
Ironically enough it's all playing back into what Boon wants--rumors and speculation as to just what is actually in the game. :lol

Linkhero1

Any word on bability, friendships, animality, and brutality returning? I haven't been following it closely.

BloodySinner said:
Annoys the heck out of me just knowing the game won't be complete. Fuck DLC.
Think about it this way, it will probably already have all the characters from the first three games minus one dlc. The rest of the dlc will be characters from MK4 and beyond. It's already complete for me I don't think I want any of the newer characters :lol

NeonZ

Linkhero1 said:
In Trilogy there are 28 characters, not including bosses. The character select screen has 27 slots including the DLC slot. I wonder who won't be in this game.

Edit: I'm thinking no more Cyborg Smoke and they're just going to use the Human (?) Smoke.

I don't think the entire rainbow of Ninjas will make it back. Rain, especially, can easily be dropped. Trilogy had Masked Sub-Zero, Unmasked Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot as different characters. There probably won't be an Unmasked version in this game.

Out of the later games, I can see Quan Chi making it in somehow, considering how he almost was a character in Mortal Kombat vs DC, even though otherwise the game only had characters from MK II.

tim1138

BloodySinner said:
Annoys the heck out of me just knowing the game won't be complete. Fuck DLC.

No one forces you to buy DLC. Normally I'm not a huge fan of it either, but in a fighting game where they can work on and add new characters and levels after release? Hell yeah.
Plus as ZombieSupaStar said, it's no different than going from MK3 to UMK3, except now you don't have to buy the whole game again.

Linkhero1 said:
Any word on bability, friendships, animality, and brutality returning? I haven't been following it closely.

Secrets? "Certainly this Mortal Kombat game we're taking a little bit more seriously, so we're probably not going to have a friendship move and whatnot, but if we were to do something like that we're definitely not going to document it. That's what I think was part of the fun of the old games. 'You turned the guy into a baby!' What? Or, 'you pulled out a rainbow'! What the? It's such an odd thing. We really want these events – if they happen – to be almost rumors. That's a big part of what Mortal Kombat was. The question mark about - what else is in this game?"-Ed Boon

Linkhero1

^^ I was never too good at figuring out how to pull off fatalities and the rest so I'm pretty sure I'm not going to figure them out in this game either. :lol

NeonZ said:
I don't think the entire rainbow of Ninjas will make it back. Rain, especially, can easily be dropped. Trilogy had Masked Sub-Zero, Unmasked Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot as different characters. There probably won't be an Unmasked version in this game.

Out of the later games, I can see Quan Chi making it in somehow, considering how he almost was a character in Mortal Kombat vs DC, even though otherwise the game only had characters from MK II, and he still made it.
I agree. I can see a few of them being dropped. Chameleon wasn't used in any game besides Trilogy iirc so he probably won't be in it either.

tim1138

NeonZ said:

Out of the later games, I can see Quan Chi making it in somehow, considering how he almost was a character in Mortal Kombat vs DC, even though otherwise the game only had characters from MK II, and he still made it.

If Quan Chi comes back they need to bring back this fatality from MK4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rUhzWty1t8

Thorhald

ColonelColon said:
I have no idea what the hell is going on in this screen capture.

Kung Lao is performing his XRAY move on Johnny Cage. It's a throat jab and a hand chop down to the back of the neck breaking the spine.

eshwaaz

DasRaven said:
OK, let's see if we can piece this one fatality together from the video and hands-on impressions.
1. Scorpion cuts you off your legs at the knees, you fall to your stumps.
2. He then cuts you at the waist and neck horizontally.
3. He then kicks you in the chest, your midsection goes flying, your leg stumps fall to the ground, your head pops into the air.
4. He then splits your head vertically in midair.

Boon wasn't kidding about perhaps going too far.

I'd gotten so incredibly sick of seeing Scorpion's freaking flaming skull fatality over and over and over in just about every MK game to date. His best fatality was the double spear swipe from MK 2, so he was long overdue for a more brutal, vicious fatality.

I'd say this pretty much covers it - holy crap.

Pctx

Banned
New fatalities... make me squirm which I suppose... thinking back to when I was a teenager playing MK in the arcades.... those did the same thing.

I'm wondering though if they're going to introduce anything else besides the fatalities for those who want something brutal but not so over the top at the end of the fight.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
rikichi said:
just saw the screwattack piece and consider me fuked, this game is awesome.

2upxr1t.jpg

mooorrttallll koommbaattttttt

Those look like... yup, those are definitely teeth flying out of the mouth. Day Mother FucKing 1!

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Saw the presentation at the WB booth today and, yeah, Screw Attack's sneaky vid pretty much shows off most of what we saw.

One cool thing is that they mentioned the blood that spills out of the characters has unique physics that let it stick, spill and spatter around the other character and environment, building up around the stage and people as the fight goes.

Also, Cage's ball punch is hilarious.

Azuran

Banned
Stryker needs to be in this.

They really need to bring him back in his common looking glory. Screw the haters, he was awesome.

-Eddman- said:
Is there something wrong with me if Mileena's fatality kind of turned me on? :lol

Is it also weird I noticed she slightly grazed her right boob, causing subtle jigglage, when she took her mask off?

Replicant

LongDongJunon said:
Is it also weird I noticed she slightly grazed her right boob, causing subtle jigglage, when she took her mask off?

So it is true that some men are more drawn to boobs than face. Because Mileena = classic butterface. I personally wouldn't touch her/it with 10 foot pole but more power to you guys.

Top Bottom