• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United States Election: Nov. 8, 2016 |OT| Hate Trumps Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

platocplx

Fucking ruines this country and third party assholes helped bring this mess. It happens all the fucking time vot gets split the worst candidate wins.

GYODX

I am just shocked. Questioning everything I ever believed. How the FUCK could the polls have gotten it so wrong? Were the fucking Trump supporters right about it being rigged all along?

I am still struggling to come to terms with all of this. I wouldn't even be mad if a Trump supporter started to gloat because I feel so fucking stupid right now. Everything went the exact opposite of how it should have.

The best we can do now is just hope that Trump won't be so bad after all. It fucking kills me that the bigots got this victory, but maybe Trump himself won't be that bad.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
14980773_930573577072573_566642582395559698_n.jpg

jfc best laugh I've had tonight

This is the usual presidential fluff speech...Trump is giving a surprisingly (or unsurprisingly I am not sure) generic speech.

It is very rambling though...sounds like he is going to fall asleep. Overall it is a pretty poor speech, but I have never put truck in the presidential speeches...It is always filled with fluff and platitudes...

Pixieking

Banned
Didn't vote for him, but these are the only types of posts I'm seeing hatred being spewed from tonight.

It's because the liberal left-wing has so much to lose - Roe vs Wade, LGBTQ, Gay Marriage, ACA, environmental protections...

The right/alt-right don't need to spew hatred. They're set to quietly remove rights from everyone and everything they don't like. They don't need to make any noise about it.

traveler

Not Wario
Cheering for a senator because he's highly respected in Washington.... I thought this was about dethroning the establishment?

collige

Banned
There will be no pivot.
The SC will ruin everything for decades.

Not really guaranteed. At this point, it's unclear how SCOTUS will play out. The Dems almost certainly won't be able to keep Trump's Garland replacement from being confirmed, but that will be Scalia's replacement and there's no way the nominee will be as bad a Scalia anyway. People are banking on RBG leaving soon, but it's possible that she stays on and I have a sneaking suspicion that Trump is gonna be a one-term president. The worst case scenario is losing Breyer or Kennedy (who is pretty moderate all things considered), but they're both relatively young.

Trump turning centrist out of nowhere, but at the same time not super unsurprising. Presidents are often know to go more center than the stuff they ran on.

Still bullshit, but its interesting to hear him. Maybe it won't be as truly awful as it seemed
(or maybe it will)

MUnited83

For you.
Not a racist or a bigot. Not a Trump supporter either. But still my feelings don't matter. Good empathy.

Good. You need to sleep it off.

You can hate Trump all you want. But there's no reason to hate those who voted for him. And there's zero reason to attack them for that.
There's fuckload of reasons to attack the fuckwits that just guaranteed hell for minorities and the taking away if their rights. Every fucker who voted for him is responsible for this fucking mess.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Cheering for a senator because he's highly respected in Washington.... I thought this was about dethroning the establishment?
Trump supporters are idiots so they don't know what "establishment" actually means in the context of government.

45% of college educated white women voted for trump

what the fuck happened to feminism what the fuck

Hillary is still married to a man that cheated on her several times. So feminist.

And like Susan Sarandon said:"I'm not voting with my vagina". Women are not going to vote Hillary simply because she's a woman, they don't like her.

Steel

Banned
Well, the crowd is what it is, his main base is what it is.

Just let us hope he just catered to them and is not like them...

It doesn't really matter what he actually is(though I think he's made it pretty clear who he actually is). What he will be is a rubber stamp for the tea partiers regardless.

Ah, the famous "you're intolerant of my intolerance". No respect for anyone aligning with this racist, sexist, homophobic mess.

Then you don't actually believe in love and tolerance.

What you really believe in is issuing blanket condemnations and mouthing pious slogans.

Not the same.

Mobius 1

I was in Washington DC two years ago and stopped by the White House on a lovely fall afternoon. Postcard pretty I would say.

There are always people about, tourists and activists, the lot. But there was this one guy. He didn't say a word. Young, maybe mid 30s, long hair, shirtless. He was pacing back and forth the length of the fence, holding his middle finger towards the White House. Just that. Nobody paid him any mind.

After almost an hour of this I found myself standing close to his route and I risked asking him why he was doing that. He politely answered "this (President Obama) isn't a man I consider to represent me as a citizen of this country". At the time I simply dismissed him as another insane right wing brainwashed nut.

But now, If I could meet him again, I'd apologize for even entertaining that assumption about his actions. Because that's exactly how I feel about Mr. Trump being my representative as a citizen of the United States of America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom