• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

MiTYH

Diamante simply doesnt want to skill up, meanwhile Ivankov is 1 away from max and Tanaka ia maxed

Be thankful, I don't have ANY units from Baccarat's FN for skillbooks. Very depressing.

That said, I'm stopping my runs today so stamina can refill for Boa tonight. Still need to put together a team. Might try this inthawk/mihawk team. Really hurts not to have INTHawk books right now. First Tesoro, now Boa. Also wish I had the 3D2Y Zoro

EDIT: Actually just found this page for slashers and Boa. Might rethinkin things: https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/4y6zuj/slasher_team_stalling_guide_for_boa/

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Puh beat Story Moria with a Slasher team. MvP Helmeppo.

Ryuma is still my best PSY slasher lol.

EMT0

Banned
Day 24: Burning a Forest Down

All that really needs to be said is that half stamina is love, half stamina is life. I've only been gemming during Cotton Candy Island/Turtle Time yet I'm currently at PL 127, and I'll be surprised if I'm not sitting by at least 130 by Sunday. What my current level does imply, is that I'm now over 80 stamina making gemming for raids actually viable!

>raid hancock is the upcoming raid

Scratch that, everybody. So uh, Blackbeard? Yes. Let's go with Blackbeard on Sunday. We might give Boa at 30 a run if she even has a 30 for a copy, as tank captains always have a use for lazy clearing fortnights with maximum safety. Ignoring raids for a moment, let's look at listed goals from the last update, although they were actually listed two updates ago. They weren't very specific, and focused mostly on 'Let's just level up as many units as we can.' So in order:

STR:
Diamante is at Lv.50(and with zero skillups 10 books later fml)
Kid is evolved and at Lv.60(Mihawk, pleeeease come back, I'm ready now!)

DEX:
Kyros is at Lv.50
Mihawk is evolved...and at Lv.30. Still gets the job done though :D
Paulie hit Lv.50 and was evolved
SW Zoro is at Lv.50
Kalifa is at Lv.46

QCK:
Marco is at Lv.50
Ideo is at Lv.50
Capone is evolved and at Lv.50
Hina is Lv.50
Enel is Lv.60 and still unevolved

PSY:
Monet is at Lv.50
Squard is ready to evolve(short one rainbow crab)

INT:
Vista is ready to evolve(rainbow crab...)
Sadie is evolved
Young Buggy is evolved
Buggy is at Lv.50

So I guess the summary on units is that about half of all these units were finished within the week or so since they were stated as goals. PSY units are killing me because of the lack of a PSY Turtle Time, but there's a Choose Your Own Turtle Time on the 5th, plus Bride Nami to farm for PSY boosters once I finish with Gold Tesoro/Diamante. I may just end up dumping all of these boosters on Gild Tesoro however, as my money situation is absolutely dire. Regrettably, I can't clear Bride Nami reliably until I evolve Vista.

On to what I've been doing during half stamina. The obvious answer is fortnights, but was I actually doing Gold Tesoro like I swore up and down I'd do? Well...nah. In the process of getting my copies of Hina, Fullbody, and both Djangos I almost had Fullbody's skillups done. So I said fuck it, and went in on Hina as she's dead easy with double Ashura. Lots of level ups, boosters, and books later, I maxed out Fullbody, Bon Clay, and PSY Django. Hina is 4/8 skillups done, and I might go back to her if I actually manage to power through Gold Tesoro fast enough to max Diamante. I'd say there's a decent chance of that happening though, as I'm strongly contemplating gemming. On the other hand, my current skillup luck with Diamante makes me think I'm going to be gem broke and still sitting with an unmaxed Diamante by Tuesday evening so who can really say. On the other hand, if I ever get Log Luffy I'll probably max him without any skillup books at this rate. Ditto for Gladius and Machavise. I'm also going to sit on my Towel Nami books because it'd ether my soul to give up 20 books for such a useful unit.

As for other unit skillups, Kalifa is 1 skillup and 3 sockets away from being done, while Paulie is sitting at 2 more skillups and 8 more sockets. I'm more than satisfied with what I got done last week during Kalifa's fortnight, but I'll be happy to see them return to finish the job. I expect Dice, Tanaka, and Baccarat to all be finished by the time Gold Tesoro leaves too. I'd love to finish up Lola if at all possible, as her cooldown while requiring lots of dupes seems really handy and has the potential to one day be super useful should a STR, Slasher, or Powerhouse conditional booster on lowered defense ever come out. Bride Nami just appears to be socket bait for my Mirage Tempo Nami tbqh.

What else happened? Well, when out of stamina I spent my time bashing my head against the Mihawk training forest. I tried out many, many team variations and continually failed on either the Strawhats or Mihawk. Eventually I settled in for the tried and true double raid Mihawk team, but coming up short against the Strawhats had me say screw that, let's try something else. I instead went Legend Mihawk + Raid Mihawk, Kohza, Arlong, Mr. 3, and GP Usopp. The only real highlights about how this team differs from the go-to double Mihawk team was to use L. Mihawk's special on Buggy to wipe out his fodder and avoid taking damage. Everything plays out normally until you get to the Rainbow Dragon, where you GP Usopp the stage, kill all but one crab, beat up the dragon, and stall for as long as possible on the turtle while remaining above 2K HP. Then on the Strawhats stage, first Raid Mihawk, then use Kohza's special and go all in on Sogeking. Next turn, use L. Mihawk's special to clear most of the Strawhats. If you exceeded 900k damage on Sogeking, you likely killed all of the Strawhats and you're too early on your GP Usopp unless his special is maxed. Otherwise, keep Luffy alive till GP Usopp is at 1, then go in for the kill. Then your GP Usopp Mihawk on the next turn, and the rest is for the most part, smooth sailing. Stronger teams will want to not use the Kohza special on the Strawhats to ensure not accidentally killing them all, and using it on Mihawk to guarantee an easy af clear.

I guess it's pretty easy to deduce that I cleared the Mihawk forest after all, after reading that impromptu walkthrough for my so-so team. If you wanna see all the salt that went into it though, you can scroll up a few posts. I also got the Coffin Boat to Lv. 7, putting it right on the edge of usable; certainly usable enough for when I need that HP boost to clear. Anyways, goals? Max Diamante, ASAP. At my current rate, gemming is greenlit, all systems are go if I want to have a chance to farm Bride Nami for Lola dupes and PSY boosters. Gotta evolve Gild Tesoro as soon as possible. Between Monet, 5* Shanks, Rakuyo, and the soon to come FN Coby, PSY teams are looking real good right about now. I'm kinda salty Aokiji is dropping before the Coby FN tho :/

Index Link

MANUELF

Banned
Baccarat is maxed and I havent gotten any Diamante book in the last refill and now Im waiting for it to refill and beat Boa 30 and maybe 40 stamina for my copy
Towel Nami is at 10 cooldown, good enough

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Since we started at the same time, I use EMT's posts as a gude on what I should be doing at any one time. Very helpful.

Though I don't think I can beat the 0 stam dungeons yet.

EMT0

Banned
Since we started at the same time, I use EMT's posts as a gude on what I should be doing at any one time. Very helpful.

Though I don't think I can beat the 0 stam dungeons yet.

I wouldn't sweat it too hard, I wandered into the Mihawk forest out of boredom and no stamina, and it became a personal challenge for me to force a victory with my current box. Although most of my units were fairly weak in pulling off. Mihawk was evolved but at Lv.30, Kohza at Lv.50, Mr.3 at Lv.50. Only Arlong was at a respectable level(70).

Kyou

Doing really well on my Kid skill ups

Kuma got JUST enough skill levels to get me a reliable Rayleigh team. Which means, of course, Heracles has almost fucked me over 3 times in six runs

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Who currently drops Kid books? Am I blind? I wish it had the name on each book and little picture ;)

MANUELF

Banned
Ummmm guys?
UwyuJkf.png
Guys?
I FINALLY DID IT!!!!!!!
Thanks EMT0 for making me Do it with that team
Sadly I wont level it for now because the Thousand Sunny is one level from max

EMT0

Banned
Ummmm guys?

Guys?

I FINALLY DID IT!!!!!!!

Good job :D These last 24 hours have been amazing for forest clearing for OPTC-GAF lol

bjork

Earlier this month, I had my phone simply freeze for no reason. Went to Apple Store, they tried to figure it out, and replaced it with phone #2.

So the other day, phone #2's camera wouldn't work. Did all the manual resets and whatnot, and nothing. I could facetime, but not take actual photos. Then it wouldn't facetime either.

That turned today (my day off) into Apple Store day. I went and they said they'd replace the cameras and I'd be good. Walked around for like 90 minutes or so and then the girl brought the phone out and said it was good to go. Tried the cameras and they didn't work. Apparently they had tried it like 30 seconds before that and they did work, but not now. So... phone #3 is now sitting on my desk, re-downloading apps. It's like life just doesn't want me playing OPTC lately.

Hana-Bi

Still not sure if I should take GP Usopp or Kimono Tashigi for my IntHawk team against Boa. With GP you'll get despaired but can stall more turns on stage 3 but Tashigi should be just enough to clear the raid too. Will see if I waste some stamina tomorrow. :)

Kyou

Honestly for Boa I think I might do the dreaded strategy of beat 60 once for the stamina and then cross my fingers on 40 drops

bjork

Honestly for Boa I think I might do the dreaded strategy of beat 60 once for the stamina and then cross my fingers on 40 drops

If I can get my account restored, that's definitely what I'm going for.

[edit - it's finally downloading. I've been up since 9 last night, I need this to finish so I can collapse. Then when I get up, it's Boa's ass.]

EMT0

Banned
If I can get my account restored, that's definitely what I'm going for.

[edit - it's finally downloading. I've been up since 9 last night, I need this to finish so I can collapse. Then when I get up, it's Boa's ass.]

You'll get there man. I had to do the same yesterday, as my new phone finally arrived. I gotta say I think I actually prefer OPTC with a mouse, which is what I did while waiting on it. Less shaky finger problems that way.

EDIT: 15 fucking Diamante books, no skillup, and getting them is like squeezing blood from a stone. Fuuuuuuu

EMT0

Banned
I took the time to gather up all the remaining Legend accounts I have and lay out their box contents in image form, available for anyone on GAF who wants to start playing, or restart. Without further ado, I present the OPTCGAF double Legend stash:

Corazon+Gear 3rd
E0ljXxa.png

Shanks + Hancock
T2FJCrp.png

Kyou

hit day 650 today, those gems are going right into Boa

hoping I can get some decent progress on Boa and max Kid this weekend without going below 100 gems

bjork

Do you guys put candies onto GPU? I've got mine at like 62 or something, I want to make him 100 ATK/50 RCV/50 HP since he's in so many teams.

Do you guys put candies onto GPU? I've got mine at like 62 or something, I want to make him 100 ATK/50 RCV/50 HP since he's in so many teams.

Why put attack candies on him? his damage is so low that he'll most likely almost never be a final hitter, unless you're doing something like orb hunting.

Personally I'd prioritize HP on GPU as it adds to the team as a whole.

ATK candies should be used exclusively on beatsticks/final hitters.

RCV candies should be used on captains with RCV based abilities like Enel or Sanji; maaaybe GPU if you run out of people who need it, as there's not that many.

bjork

Why put attack candies on him? his damage is so low that he'll most likely almost never be a final hitter, unless you're doing something like orb hunting.

Personally I'd prioritize HP on GPU as it adds to the team as a whole.

ATK candies should be used exclusively on beatsticks/final hitters.

RCV candies should be used on captains with RCV based abilities like Enel or Sanji; maaaybe GPU if you run out of people who need it, as there's not that many.

I use him as last hit sometimes on INT enemies with a Rayleigh team, so a little extra boost is nice.

I use him as last hit sometimes on INT enemies with a Rayleigh team, so a little extra boost is nice.

Is it though? Raleigh has more than twice the ATK of GP Usopp so unless Usopp has a matching orb, you'll still be doing more damage with a last hit as Rayleigh. IMO your attack CC is better spent elsewhere.

BOA IS TONIGHT???!! I THOUGHT SHE WAS TOMORROW NIGHT! FUUUUUUUCK!!!

And the worst part, I've spent the last few hours farming for heal sockets on my RR kid and I still failed doing that finishing with 4/5. Good grief...

Tidd

So first run I fucked up the last hit on stage 2 and got despaired. But that was okay. My SW Ace team did survive. I guess this will do it. Hopefully I get lucky with my skill ups.

Ummmm guys?

Guys?

I FINALLY DID IT!!!!!!!

CONGRATS. SAVE YOUR COLA FOR 1/2 COLA UPGRADES. :D
I believe this is a first for OPTC.

Beat 60 stamina Boa on my first try with this team
VaZ7czr.png

I was worried about stalling at first but it went really well, as long as my health above 9100 going into boa to take the turn 1 hit I can even use INTvankov to help stall on the combo shield female giant. I didn't even land the last perfect on my burst turn with jimbe and it killed, so its a bit lenient. But still, landing all those perfects consistently is gonna be the most annoying part since I intend to farm this all night.

bjork

I tried

Rayleigh/Rayleigh
Robin/Raid Doflamingo
GP Usopp/Slasher Croc

I could get tear through until her resurrect, but then she gets buffs and once she hits 20%, forget it, OTKO my crew no sweat. Not sure how to work around that. But it's 7:47 and I've been up since 9 pm yesterday, so I'll look at it after I get some sleep.

I beat 60 stamina Boa on my first try and now have her evolved. The Boa fight isn't bad at all, it's all the other shit leading up to it that's nerve-wracking.

Kyou

Don't even try 60 stamina? lol

it was dumb mistakes, I was expecting to cruise through it

twice accidentally left her with 1hp because I thought I was saving kuma for post-revive for some reason. Watched a video and I've got it now

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
My Croc team works on 60 stamina Boa really well, despite me not knowing how Inazuma works at first. Three runs clear right now without issues. Stall is a little tight, but I've gotten some poor cooldowns and still worked it out.

The Rayleigh team works as well. I haven't tried the Strikers yet.

Verelios

Yo...that feeling when you hit Boa down to 0 and she comes back buffed to hell. Doubling down to 40, my Sengoku team is too bad for this man.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Hmm, I don't seem to be doing enough damage with 2x ace/gpu/zephyr/SW Franky/Heracles after boa revives. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

Kyou

okay I cleared them all now and the most challenging aspect of all three is my Kuma's mediocre cooldown

I really hope he's one of the raids during the next skill up

Kyou

I'd chastise you but that would amount to nothing compared to the burning shame you should feel inside right now.

I was expecting to get a heal tomb from a ranking by now...

edit: It's frustrating looking at my half done Smoker, Kuma and Aokiji heal sockets and knowing that if they were finished I'd hit level 5 :(

I think I'll use this team for Boa:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aplhzEhxwd8

I'll use Zoro instead of Koza.

I could also run Croc but without his skill maxed IntHawk seems to be the safer team.

Thanks for the link, this strategy made the fight super easy.
Yet, I still screwed up my first run by forgetting to activate GPU and letting her kill me as soon as I got to her. >_>

Having Zoro makes it easier to fight the green units and lvl 3 Anti-Despair makes things simpler too. :D

Basically, the strategy was:
- Tank 1 hit - Lobster
- Tank 1 hit - Gunner
- Delay + Tank 1 hit - Giantess
- Tank 1 hit - Pirate Penguin
- Delay T1, KO after Haki, IntHawk after revival

Takes ~7min for a full run.

Fellow Ray friends with 5 auto-heal sockets, you da real MVPs.
I'm running the above IntHawk team, but I put my fully socketed Lock / Despair / CD / Heal Ray in a non-active Leader slot. He's almost fully skill maxed too. Only 1 short before he's completely done. :D

Verelios

I'm not going to try and farm her now. 30 Stam has horrible drop rates and 40 stamp is still pretty stressful for my team. Sengoku needs HP man

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nowhere near to have a team able to beat Boa - so ill skip this one, best of luck to everyone who is planning on farming her.

Top Bottom