• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2016 Edition

Lettuce

and a view from the lounge balcony today

2uEkoyT.jpg

I was just counting how many crain's i could see in that picture there must be at least 13!, your skyline will change a fair bit in the next 12 months i should imagine

My pretty crappy space of my place in Korea. Made due with it the last two to years but eager to get back to a normal apartment early next year and back to all my gaming stuff. I enjoy playing older games and newer games. Like arcade style stuff.

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

image_5.jpeg

image_6.jpeg

image_7.jpeg

I've always enjoyed your setup pics in it's various forms over the years. Thanks for sharing!

Yes Boss!

I've always enjoyed your setup pics in it's various forms over the years. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. I have been exceptionally busy the last couple years so have not posted much. But I always enjoy my little game spaces wherever I am. I'm going to make a dedicated game room next year once I move back to the US.

icespide

Banned
can anyone recommend a good IR extender/emitter for a surround sound receiver? i just recently changed my setup and my receiver is now hidden behind a door. i am using a cheap one off amazon for now and it works OKAY but i'm not thrilled with the range on it. i've found it a pretty difficult thing to research on

here's a pic of my setup. the receiver is behind the yellow panel:

Chittagong

Gold Member
I was just counting how many crain's i could see in that picture there must be at least 13!, your skyline will change a fair bit in the next 12 months i should imagine

Yeah it's nuts, especially in this area which has been pretty ran down - it's same in each direction, so you could probably count 50 cranes from the balcony. We're betting that it will up the price, of course.

KingStrava

Neo Member
can anyone recommend a good IR extender/emitter for a surround sound receiver? i just recently changed my setup and my receiver is now hidden behind a door. i am using a cheap one off amazon for now and it works OKAY but i'm not thrilled with the range on it. i've found it a pretty difficult thing to research on

Look into picking up a Harmony Elite remote. It will allow you to control all your devices with a single button.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-harmony-elite-universal-remote-black/4314901.p?skuId=4314901

I use a Keene IR distribution amp / extender. Not sure of the availability in every country though. I built the receiver into the stand under my centre speaker. Very happy with it and have another in the bedroom for a satellite box and media player,

That feeds the various AV components which sit in the cabinets behind the doors.

The receivers on mine are circular though.

icespide

Banned
I use a Keene IR distribution amp / extender. Not sure of the availability in every country though. I built the receiver into the stand under my centre speaker. Very happy with it and have another in the bedroom for a satellite box and media player,

That feeds the various AV components which sit in the cabinets behind the doors.

The receivers on mine are circular though.
i will take a look at this one. thanks!

icespide

Banned
I switched to a Harmony Hub and its IR extenders a few months ago. No remote, just apps on iPhone/iPad to control everything. Absolute game changer, have not missed having a remote once.

my main reason for avoiding something like the harmony remotes at this point is that my wife absolutely loves the regular TiVo remote and would hate using anything else

cRIPticon

I'm posting the images from another post I did here on gaf. Since we are all posting artwork for our gaming setups, here is some of the artwork from The Art of Video Games exhibition that was sent to me after the show wrapped up. All of these lead down to the basement/game room/theater room.

15284044_10154185009703358_4307824722848292542_n.jpg

15350648_10154185009693358_210702129827728170_n.jpg

15540912_10154210414903358_4659535836603713364_o.jpg

15384573_10154210415118358_2670655463637145230_o.jpg

15319095_10154179130138358_1658212656343760705_n.jpg

15356774_10154179130203358_9040081463751454173_n.jpg

And we added these two, sharp looking fellas to the theater room:

15181474_10154155764313358_2977788042015212751_n.jpg

I'm posting the images from another post I did here on gaf. Since we are all posting artwork for our gaming setups, here is some of the artwork from The Art of Video Games exhibition that was sent to me after the show wrapped up. All of these lead down to the basement/game room/theater room.

Wow these are really nice! Love them!

Might as well throw my hat in the ring. These are a few months old, but I think they'll do.

Here's the living room. Not a ton has changed since taking these. Rearranged the consoles a bit, but that's it.

Y4UTabM.jpg

Got some new speakers too.
MdchP3a.jpg

The toy/retro game room has changes a bit more since then. I went trough a purge of a good chunk of my collection. Still not really sure what to do with the giant Pinkie poster. It's autographed, which is cool, but I'm kind of tired of the whole MLP thing.

ZAh6rMs.jpg

QirnK84.jpg

s3WQ6Dn.jpg

Chittagong

Gold Member
So who's doing the 2017 thread if Tabris remains banned? Morally it should go to the poster that did the early 2016 thread. I can't do it since I'll be traveling, and besides I don't have anything to show yet.

Kyne

-shrug- I'll do it if no one else cares to.

How does/did Tabris come up with the "Best Setups" to put in the new OP?

eXistor

If it fits with his personal taste. i.e. white, clinical and straight out of a catalogue. It's his thread he can do what he wants I guess, but I don't think it should even be a thing. Everyone even posting a setup is cool in my book.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

I don't think it's necessary. It's not like these setups were being voted on or anything. I'd just put in info on the thread in the OP and the links to the previous threads and leave it at that. Maybe a few examples from the previous year...which I guess is essentially the same thing as "best setups" anyway.

I guess IMO there's no need to overload the OP with pictures. That's for the rest of the thread. :)

Kyne

thanks for the input peeps, I'll take all that and put up the thread a little bit before the new year assuming Tabris doesn't crawl his way out of the ban.

RayStorm

thanks for the input peeps, I'll take all that and put up the thread a little bit before the new year assuming Tabris doesn't crawl his way out of the ban.

Obviously if you had the time to go through the thread, I think you could make a "most popular" list based on how many replies certain setups got.

Guess I'll post a final pic for the year... Just moved into a 2 bedroom in October. There is a fireplace in the living room where I would have put my TV, but since I don't really want to go through the trouble of mounting a TV right now since I don't know how long I will be staying here, and since I live alone and didn't really need a 2 bedroom (the price was right), I went ahead and made the 2nd bedroom into a game room!

165708_full.jpg

The pic is pretty dark but it's the same as my previous set-up, I just added my Xbox 360 and PS3 since I had the space and inputs open.

Guess I'll post a final pic for the year... Just moved into a 2 bedroom in October. There is a fireplace in the living room where I would have put my TV, but since I don't really want to go through the trouble of mounting a TV right now since I don't know how long I will be staying here, and since I live alone and didn't really need a 2 bedroom (the price was right), I went ahead and made the 2nd bedroom into a game room!

165708_full.jpg

The pic is pretty dark but it's the same as my previous set-up, I just added my Xbox 360 and PS3 since I had the space and inputs open.

pics not working.

EDIT: Now it is.

Not quite there yet with my home office/gaming setup, but closer. I'd post a wider shot, but that's all I can do with the closet behind me. Need to clean up the shelves behind the desk, put some more art up, and it should be good to go.

30824828954_5786ba56d8_b.jpg

Kyne

Obviously if you had the time to go through the thread, I think you could make a "most popular" list based on how many replies certain setups got.

aye, I'll keep that in mind.

Not quite there yet with my home office/gaming setup, but closer. I'd post a wider shot, but that's all I can do with the closet behind me. Need to clean up the shelves behind the desk, put some more art up, and it should be good to go.

damn that looks welcoming. Good lighting.

I would link the old ones, but i disagree with the posters above me. You should pic out 10 or so pictures that everyone in the thread seemed to enjoy or you thought were especially good.

Seeing the pictures in the OP gave me motivation to make my setup better.

Kyne

I would link the old ones, but i disagree with the posters above me. You should pic out 10 or so pictures that everyone in the thread seemed to enjoy or you thought were especially good.

Aye, I already have some set aside.. I went with ones that were mentioned/quoted multiple times.

Only problem with that is that the number came out to like 30 posts.. lol.

I'll figure something out. Or post them all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TBiddy

Agreed. It's perfectly OK to make your own "these are my picks for the best of the year", like Tabris did!

Moving soon, but this has been my setup for the last year or so.

W0zWqYs.jpg

V5b9tka.jpg

I really love the old speakers. Found them used a few years ago and they blow away any HTIB speakers I've had previously. And a hell of a lot cheaper than buying new (got these for $30!)

cclBj0Y.jpg

Not a whole lot of gaming goes on here. Some less demanding indie games in a pinch. It's mainly a podcast 'studio' and development station.

jadedm17

Finally all moved in. I have color issues. I swear I'll put some art up soon. :

An art print or two, a big plant and a small plant or two....
Otherwise perfection IMHO.

Truth be told, every setup here has some great charm to me, yours just resonates as what I'd go far : Minimalist, white walls, some plants for color. That's all you need.

Guess I'll post a final pic for the year

Destiny console, Last Guardian... Star Trek... Great choice of things to display.

I'm posting the images from another post I did here on gaf.

Incredible.

Okay, my new year's resolution is to find a decent camera and post mine instead of just lurking. Love this thread, lots of inspiration.

entremet

Not a PC gamer, but I love this look with the ambient lighting.

My next big upgrades is adding ambient Phillip's hue lighting to my setup.

Kyne

Merry Christmas gaf!

I'll be posting the new thread towards the end of the week when I get home. Please look forward to a new year with some sick new digs.

Not a PC gamer, but I love this look with the ambient lighting.

My next big upgrades is adding ambient Phillip's hue lighting to my setup.

I don't really PC game either. I just run all my consoles through one of the monitors. Otherwise, this is where I get paid.

Thanks for the kind words. I'd like to block off more of the Expedit shelves to reflect a bit more light and have a cleaner look. There's the two Ikea lamps you see, plus an Ikea LED strip facing toward the chair out of direct sight.

JG5253

165708_full.jpg

What TV set is that?

Zero148

Moved in with my girlfriend recently and finished my new setup today:

There is a PS4 pro with PSVR, my AV-receiver, a cable-receiver from SKY, a WiiU und a NES mini hooked up. I'm planning to buy a Xbox One S as an UHD Blu-Ray Player and a Switch next year

Vipu

Banned
Moved in with my girlfriend recently and finished my new setup today:

There is a PS4 pro with PSVR, my AV-receiver, a cable-receiver from SKY, a WiiU und a NES mini hooked up. I'm planning to buy a Xbox One S as an UHD Blu-Ray Player and a Switch next year

First I thought those cabinets were speakers, after I zoomed then ooooh its cabinets.

Zero148

First I thought those cabinets were speakers, after I zoomed then ooooh its cabinets.

The speakers are the small satelites on the left and right side between the rack and the cabinets. The subwoofer can't really be seen, but is is on the left next to the set.

Speakers in the size of the cabinets would be a little bit too much in our flat for rent xD

Top Bottom