• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

bobohoro

Shouldn't have read the thread. Did a single pull and got Nojiko.
Well at least she's a new unit (yeah, really).

Congrats to everyone on their legend pulls!
I'm really hoping to get something good in my anniversary multis, although I'm doing kinda fine powerwise even without one, I'd really like a legend to play, plan and mess around with.

Kakaroach

Glad to finally join GAF. I love this game and it will be fun discussing it with everyone.

INTHawk book farming is probably one of the most frustrating goals I've set out to accomplish in this game though. 8 books after 5 days with getting a refill each day from snails. Plus 2 level ups. What a grind.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Two despair sockets to go for Boa. Hopefully I can max her.

Best of Luck....2 sockets can mean 2 runs..or...well best of luck.
I hate this system. Always have the worst luck when it comes to them...i feed 20 units and get 2 useful sockets lol.

Glad to finally join GAF. I love this game and it will be fun discussing it with everyone.

INTHawk book farming is probably one of the most frustrating goals I've set out to accomplish in this game though. 8 books after 5 days with getting a refill each day from snails. Plus 2 level ups. What a grind.

Welcome to OPTC-GAF.

I guess you have Inthawk ? I dont have him and managed to get 30 books in a week. Meanwhile i had the worst luck on Kalifa, a unit i actually own..desire sensor in this game is amazing.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

You don't want to know how many runs I've done for WB books. YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW. I still have 2 more skill ups to go.... last 10 books have gotten me 0 skillups. Now it's just a battle of wills!

And welcome!

EMT0

Banned

Welcome to our band of crazies

3 more skillups on Kid, and 8(!) on Blamenco. Man, his special can get low but that requires some nutty investment

Good jorb hana-b.

Anyway, after farming boa on natural stamina I ended the day with zero skill ups but whatever.

This raid is really comfortable and honestly pretty risk free when I simply farm it with double inthawk, I actually find it way more enjoyable than Aokiji a.k.a. the stinkraid a.k.a. hate-raid.

HabeeNo

Swear to God, fuck Boa 60 stamina... still havent even got to her because of the damn first 3 stages 😭

Welcome :D

HabeeNo

What team are you using?

Double Ray
v1 Robin/ Vergo
Fortnight Rakuyo / GPU

I try stalling on the first stage, but once I get to the 2nd one, I always have one girl surviving and giving me the 10 turn dispair :(

Then on Stage 3, two of the giants in the back have a 1 turn cooldown, and I'm dead 😭

Tidd

Congrats on your new and old legends! Although I still don't know why you pulled more than twice(10gems) even if you're P2P. The anniversary will have 3 days and each day will have different characters who are boosted. (if we get the same thing as Japan)

You don't want to know how many runs I've done for WB books. YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW. I still have 2 more skill ups to go.... last 10 books have gotten me 0 skillups. Now it's just a battle of wills!

And welcome!

I can tell you how many I did. I got him nearly a year ago. Since then we got the Halloween fortnight twice. The first time I got 35 books and that gave me like 2 skill ups. I was so fucking pissed. The 2nd time I got 30 and he was at 19. A few days ago I used my almighty manuals just to get him done and got my last two skill ups. ONE YEAR TO MAX SKILL HIM AND I don't know how many gems. The worst thing is I've never ran Kraken because it's such a bad fortnight and people report horrible things about WB books.

Welcome. :)

Jayhawk

My poor drop rate for INThawk books from this fortnight is about the same level as it was for WB books from Kraken. RIP. Maybe I should just ignore INThawk. Fujitora and Rayleigh teams when I need INT power! Trying to figure out where I would use my new legends. I forget what team I used to farm and max raid Aokiji months ago. Gonna need to pull out the same team to socket my legend Kuzan.

I'll be sad when I miss out on a bunch of login perks during second anniversary during my trip.

commish

I can tell you how many I did. I got him nearly a year ago. Since then we got the Halloween fortnight twice. The first time I got 35 books and that gave me like 2 skill ups. I was so fucking pissed. The 2nd time I got 30 and he was at 19. A few days ago I used my almighty manuals just to get him done and got my last two skill ups. ONE YEAR TO MAX SKILL HIM AND I don't know how many gems. The worst thing is I've never ran Kraken because it's such a bad fortnight and people report horrible things about WB books.

I didn't think Kraken was that bad - super easy and pretty fast (under 2 minutes a run). The main problem is that you don't really get any books or units of value, outside of WB. You do get a crapload of pigs and treasture turtles, which is the best thing, really. I was able to level up all my used STR and QCK units to about 70 with a few dozen pigs left over. I just wish I had at least ONE day to farm something else during the skillup but oh well. At least with the WB fortnight, I'm mostly looking for sockets. I can do that all this week. The droprate of Kraken is pretty bad but I heard that leg book drop rates are always bad.

Hana-Bi

Can't wait to use Haruta. Probably run a cerebral team with the Red Force.

Haruta x2
SW Shanks
Legend Croc
Legend Doffy
3d2y Robin

Seems like a fun team which should clear some fortnights. :)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Welcome! Feel free to add yourself to the GAF spreadsheet. Quote to see the link.

ah_hia

Used 2 gems to get another 5 copies of raid boa but RNG decided to screw me over as well.
Thankfully managed to max skill my inthawk somehow so I just 1 more auto heal and he's golden.
Edit: I see so many people complaining about whitebeard skill books. I got whitebeard when he first came out and I still haven't maxed skilled him up to now. Lol.

EMT0

Banned
Go D. Usopp's blessings continue, I got a single Usopp from the Straw Hat event, evolved him to GP Usopp and....Special Up. 1 more special up to go, and there hasn't been a single GP Usopp book in sight. I think I've now gone 3/4 on the Usopps I've gotten from this event :')

Although I think that to counterbalance Go D. Usopp's special ups, Croc sockets from the FN are doing me dirty and I'm only getting 1 or 2 useful sockets at most at a time from 25 dupes. Thankfully, I only need 1 more skillup on Doublefinger and 2 more on Kid. I should probably do a writeup to continue the log soonish.

Kyou

Okay done running Boa. Went from 26cd to 21 and got dick all for sockets.

Could have been worse but what is her deal

EMT0

Banned
Day 5X: There is no such thing as calm waters

Day 6X: I Can't Believe My Skillup Luck is This Good

Boss Rush went well. Like really, really well. I'll go into details down below, for now I'll just list the meat of the changes my account has gone through in terms of units.

PL: 206

Key:
B - Bind
D - Despair
AH - Autoheal
S - Slot Rate
CS - Charge Special
F - Filler(Poison, Map, RCV boost, etc.)

X/Y skillups: # of skillups achieved/# of skillups to max
MAX skillup - Special is maxed

STR:
Fossa- Lv. 70
Blamenco - Lv. 70 - 3/10 skillup
Eustass Kid - 3/5 skillup
3D2Y Franky - Evolved & Lv. 50
Mr. 1 - MAX skillup

DEX:
Mihawk - Lv. 80 - MAX skillup, 5 AH
Doflamingo - Lv. 80 - MAX skillup, 5 B/D
Law/Koala/Kyros - Lv. 70
Miss Doublefinger - 6/7 skillup

QCK:
Enel - MAX skillup, 5B/5D/4AH
Marco - Lv. 75 - 4/7 skillup, 2B/2D/5AH/3CS/4S
Hancock - Evolved, Lv. 70
Doma - Lv. 70
RR Killer, Jabra, Ideo, Diable Jambe Sanji - Lv. 60

PSY:
GP Usopp - 4/5 skillup
Story Robin - 4/7 skillup
FN Coby - Lv.60, 3/7 skillup
FN Franky- Evolved, Lv. 50
Ryuma - Lv. 50

INT:
Slasherdile - Lv. 73, 1B/2D/2AH/2CS
Aokiji - Lv. 80, MAX skillup, 5B/5D/5AH
Daz Bones - Lv. 30, 2/5 skillup
FN Helmeppo - Lv. 60, 5/6 skillup

New Units:
-Doflamingo
-Garp
-Moomoo
-Laboon
-Prison Croc
-Daz Bones
-Colo Rebecca
-Colo Apoo

Without going into too much detail, the crazy daisy chain goal I was feeling pessimistic about? Worked out great. Mihawk was easily maxed using Lucci and Kid teams, and with some decent RNG behind me too; IIRC it was about 55 copies to max his special. The next day, Doffy went pretty damn well too. It went especially well once I realized I could use Kid and achieve the same results as I would with a Barto friend, letting me cruise my way through his raid. After Aokiji, 60 stamina Doffy was downright pleasant and I maxed his special out within 48 copies. I skipped Monster Chopper as his primary function, clearing Raid Doffy, was already taken care of and the day after, Enel went down to my shiny new maxed raid bosses. I didn't count how many copies took to finish Enel, all I know is I had a continuation of my good luck during boss rush. Sockets were less kind, and I just shrugged at the missing final autoheal socket; I'll get that when a socket book drops for it.

Skillup craziness doesn't end there however. Straw Hat Island was a great opportunity and after the first day, made sure to always leave with at least one Usopp drop. Coincidentally, I also received a large number of Robins. I'd say I got about 4 Usopps in all and 7 Robins. I had decent luck with both, but the crazy part is the Usopps. I evolved them all into Golden Pound Usopps and fed them with amazing success, getting 3 skillups in 4 copies, leaving me 1 skillup away from a maxed GP Usopp.

After the conclusion of Boss Rush, my priorities were mostly focused on farming the Prison Croc FN as I had every worthwhile unit whose books were up, as well as a Slasherdile to socket. Slasherdile socket luck went poorly, but Mr. 1's special has been maxed, Miss Doublefinger is 1 away, and Kid is 2 away. Blamenco...he's gonna take a while no matter what. I did take the time to farm the Kraken FN long enough to get Moomoo, letting me clear all the mission in Fusha Village. As a side bonus from clearing Prison Croc so much(off of natural stamina + meat refills, mind you) I received enough cola to finally let me max the Thousand Sunny. Feels good to have the go-to ship maxed out. I think I'm going to let my cola pile build up for the next few weeks and then prioritize the Moby Dick, for which I've got several interesting teams to try out with it.

After clearing the 'Big Three' of OPTC's raids, I was feeling like I'd made it past most of the midgame(Aokiji sure as hell didn't feel like midgame content...) and decided to try my hand at the Coliseum. A few goofy deaths and accidentally gemming on an easy stage aside, it went rather well with both Doffy and Mihawk doing a lot of work. Rebecca's Chaos Coliseum was cake, but I'd heard Apoo was a rather hard to stage to farm. And it is, as to clear it I had to rely on far too much orb luck for my liking, but clear it I did. The ~15 or so socket books I earned all went straight into Legend Marco, where I had some so-so socket luck. I'm looking forward to finishing his sockets in the future, especially once I can get past Ashura Zoro in Dorry's Coliseum. At the moment I simply can't put out enough damage to clear him and don't have the HP cutters to win. Once I get Don Sai evolved however, I should be able to clear out the rest of his Coliseum and drop another 10 books on Marco.

Now for the goals. I'm looking forward to clearing harder raids using my new units I earned this past week; as I've bemoaned plenty in this thread, I'd have loved to have farmed Boa this week as I have all the units I'd need minus Raid Kuma who I can also farm quite easily, but sadly haven't had the chance to do so yet. Sucks that it's super unlikely she'll return a third time in a row under double skillup, but that's alright. Heracles'un is gonna be farmed easily, ditto for Kuma. Ivankov will continue to get ignored as INTVankov sockets are low on the priority list for me. Usopp'un isn't really a raid, but is also going to be farmed to hell and back in the name of maxing out GP Usopp, and Impact Usopp/Sogeking if I can manage it. You can bet that I'm looking out for what 5+ Usopp is gonna be like. Next week Kuro is going to be farmed only to the point of brute forcing the final skillup on GP Usopp, after which Kimono Straw Hats is going to get all of my attention in order to socket Gear 2nd Luffy and Ashura Zoro in anticipation of their Super Evolutions. Don Krieg will likewise get farmed long enough to get the final skillup I need on Diable Jambe Sanji, then all attention will be given to the Domino FN because I need Boa books. I've heard horror stories, so I'm already buckling down for disappointment. I'm saving any books I get for the increase to skillup rates we're anticipating for the two year anniversary. The week after that? Move aside Nolan, we're all aboard the Lucci socket train.

Index

Tidd

And raid Boa maxed! I already had her at 19 turns from last time. Had one level up right at the beginning, two meats and with natural stamina I got her up to 15. Necause of that I used one gem and maxed her. Unfortunately I still need two Bind sockets. But for now that's enough. Next time I will start socketing my female Marco.

MANUELF

Banned
Are you guys sure is a Dex rate up sugo? After the two Capones yesterday I got SW Usopp today which is going to my qck team instead of GPU for sure and I cant wait for his books

Tidd

Are you guys sure is a Dex rate up sugo? After the two Capones yesterday I got SW Usopp today which is going to my qck team instead of GPU for sure and I cant wait for his books

Since I always pull Apoo on a DEX rate up and I also did pull a Apoo this time I'm pretty sure there is one going on.
We should make a flowchart, that always ends up at RNG. :D

Kyou

Since I always pull Apoo on a DEX rate up and I also did pull a Apoo this time I'm pretty sure there is one going on.
We should make a flowchart, that always ends up at RNG. :D

"What is the current rate up? Day of the week? Cycle of the moon. Number of stages in the last mission you cleared? How many legends do you have? Okay, got it. Tabulating the numbers it says here it's all random"

RedBoot

Okay done running Boa. Went from 26cd to 21 and got dick all for sockets.

Could have been worse but what is her deal

After her and Enel the other day I'm convinced skill up raid days are a trap. Not that I'm going to stop doing them when I can, of course. :p

I was able to get 25 Boas today and managed 5 skill ups there, which is better than last time. At 19 turns she might be usable sometimes, and I should be able to get her maxed in one or two more appearances. Sockets are at 5/5/2 Bind/Despair/Autoheal, not a one of my 25 Boas today got me an AH socket. Could have maxed her on Orbs had I wanted to go that route.

For what it's worth, the guy from Reddit who did a ton of pulls got Capone more than any other unit. I think it's likely that there's variance even amongst boosted units.

Kakaroach

Thanks for all the welcomes!

I've almost completely socketed RR Rakuyo and RR Fossa but only 1/9 on INTHawk books. Man this is disappointing. I probably won't end up maxing him this first time around.

On the bright side, the SW Chopper I use on SW Ace teams sometimes is maxed!

commish

Finally max SP for Whitebeard. Thanks Bandai for the 4 WB book drops in final 5 runs. Total run count: 2,345,521.

Did a celebratory pull on gacha and got a PHY Marco. Will take it.

After her and Enel the other day I'm convinced skill up raid days are a trap.
I went into the day needing 1 last special level and 1 auto-heal socket to finish Boa off. Played using natural stamina and got bupkis. :/

I should have used that Stamina for more IntHawk books (3/11 so far, there).

Kyou

okay with skill up coming to an end again I am setting all these story Blueno books on fire

no more obligation to farm him

Adeptrain

Welcome to optc gaf!! It's nice to share the pain of inthawk with another gaffer ㅠㅠ. 7 books so far.... Zero skillups... And this was during x2 skillup!

bobohoro

Welcome and I'd gladly give you my 15 IntHawks books if I could. Not that I'll ever have a use for them.

Skill-up event is over and I got what I set out to do, namely skillmaxing SW Brook and the three FN characters. Next week seems kinda calm. Will probably run Kimono SH, since I need Luffy sockets and Law books, Kimono Nami isn't that bad either. Will also get 20 copies of Heracles again and farm Usopp'n raid with a few gems.

Finally found a team that can successfully farm Kinemon 100% of the time (assuming I don't screw up). As such, I went from having just one copy (farmed with a zombie team), to having ~25 copies and ~25 skill books. Waiting for Thursday's skill-up event, but I'm hoping to get him close to max.

All thanks to Borsalino, who has quickly become my favorite Legend captain overall. I'm lucky enough to have pulled him, Inthawk, and 3D2Y Zoro, so it makes for a pretty epic team. He's just so versatile, both as a sub and as a Captain. I love having the ability to throw a random Shooter unit into my team as well.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I have 101 gems. Do one 11 pull now and one for 2nd anniversary, or save and do two 11 oils then?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I have 101 gems. Do one 11 pull now and one for 2nd anniversary, or save and do two 11 oils then?

Id save them. This sugo is underwhelming and anything you spend here would be better served on the 2nd anniversary which is right around the corner. IF we were months off, then I'd say maybe do a pull if you're starting, but since we're so close it'd be a waste. There's nothing special about this current sugo.

commish

Id save them. This sugo is underwhelming and anything you spend here would be better served on the 2nd anniversary which is right around the corner. IF we were months off, then I'd say maybe do a pull if you're starting, but since we're so close it'd be a waste. There's nothing special about this current sugo.

Nothing special, true, but it's just so fun to pull!!!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Nothing special, true, but it's just so fun to pull!!!

It can be tough for sure, but after seeing the new years Timeskip sugo in Japan, it only further crystallized the notion that it's worth waiting one more month.

There's always a chance you'll get nothing, but 2nd anniversary will definitely still be the best opportunity for a while.

Kyou

that's always the hard part of recommending waiting

you COULD get 11 fake golds off the all gold legend boosted sugo
you COULD get 4 reds in a single pull off a random nothing good boosted sugo like this

but when we're this close your chances of getting good stuff with the anniversary sugo will be much higher so I'd probably just wait because we're only like a month out.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man you guys are hyping the Anniversary Sugo quite a bit - hope i can do one multipull when its here.

commish

Man you guys are hyping the Anniversary Sugo quite a bit - hope i can do one multipull when its here.

Go watch videos of the Japanese pulls. It looked pretty crazy. A pull now vs a pull during 2nd anniversary is likely to be an enormous difference.

bjork

Accidentally yolo pulled and was like 'ah man, whoops'

It was Fujitora.

So then I just pulled my remaining gems away, like 7 pulls. Some dupes, 3d2y Zoro and on the last pull, Corazon. What the hell, that's unexpected and great.

commish

It was Fujitora.

So then I just pulled my remaining gems away, like 7 pulls. Some dupes, 3d2y Zoro and on the last pull, Corazon. What the hell, that's unexpected and great.

A true YOLO pull that will surely inspire someone to do some pulls of their own...

Hana-Bi

It was Fujitora.

Damn, congrats on those pulls. :) Fuji is my most wanted legend right now. Hopefully I can pull him someday...

Top Bottom