• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

QHyOiHL.gif

THE WALKING DEAD IS BACK!!!

Kickz

That was a fantastic season opener, great to see everyone again.

At the end there, I am thinking Rick is smiling because he knows the groups leader???

Maybe rick thinks gabe drew him there for a reason.
Scenes from the next episode
shows us that isnt the case and his smile might be over confident

SamuraiX-

Content Roundup – Episode 709: “Rock in the Road”

Qu4rtgI.jpg

AMC Inside The Walking Dead:
  • The Making of Episode 709, “Rock in the Road” - AMC
  • Inside Episode 709: “Rock in the Road” - AMC
  • Preview of Episode 710, “New Best Friends” - AMC | International
  • Sneak Peek of Episode 710, “New Best Friends” - AMC | International
Producer & Cast Interviews:
Critic Reviews:
Talking Dead's Inside The Dead
  • This was the not the first time the stretch of highway in this episode has had an apocalyptic roadblock. It was also featured in Season 2 when Sophia went missing.
  • The produce grown in the gardens at the Kingdom set doesn't go to waste. Anything that isn't used is donated to local food drives and churches.
  • The most memorable part of the highway sequence for Alanna Masterson was repeatedly pushing a car uphill with Chandler Riggs. She joked, "My glutes will never be the same."
PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL PREVIEW/PROMO AND GRAPHIC NOVEL DISCUSSION. REVIEW THE OP FOR COMPLETE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS.

SamuraiX-

My first thought about Rick's smile was that he recognized that the ambushing group weren't Saviors. After coming away from Hilltop with a slim picking of farmers and leaving The Kingdom empty handed, he had to thinking: "Well shit, all of you will do wonderfully. Here's the soldiers I was looking for."

I'm glad that Nicotero had the same idea.

Greg Nicotero said:
When they get back to Alexandria and they realize that Gabriel's gone and strange things are afoot at the Circle K — when they are surrounded by that new and mysterious group that we've only caught a quick glimmer of, Rick sees soldiers. That's why he smiles. I don't think he's worried for a second. I think he looks, and he's like, okay, I need a win here, and there are a lot of people here, and they have weapons, and this is what I need. So the gears are clicking. The gears start turning, and then, boom, we're out.

That was really fun. Top 5 premiere/mid-season premiere episode for me.

Sometimes it's easy to take for granted that there's a legend like nicotero working so much on this show. Blessss.

Preach. Guy is phenomenal. I'm so glad they gave him more opportunities to direct more episodes since Season 3.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Damn good episode. The show is always better when the entire main cast gets a chance to shine. No more of this "split into 4 groups and you might not see Maggie for 4 episodes" nonsense, please.

The car scene was easily one of the best set pieces in the show.

And that smile at the end was perfect. It was Rick seeing a large group of people that he could recruit to his army and the moment he realizes that is the moment he smiles.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That was the best episodes of the season. After weeks of the group being spread out across 4-5 different factions, it was so nice to have them all together again.

Other thoughts:

That highway set piece was one of the best ones they've ever done. The cable car kill was fucking slick.

Those explosives are going to come in handy :D

Daryl is now back in the same vicinity as Carol...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That was a fantastic season opener, great to see everyone again.

At the end there, I am thinking Rick is smiling because he knows the groups leader???

I think it's because he isn't afraid of them and sees this as an opportunity. Season 2 Rick would have be scared, Season 7 Rick sees these people as new recruits for the fight with Negan.

That was the best episodes of the season. After weeks of the group being spread out across 4-5 different factions, it was so nice to have them all together again.

Other thoughts:

That highway set piece was one of the best ones they've ever done. The cable car kill was fucking slick.

Those explosives are going to come in handy :D

Daryl is now back in the same vicinity as Carol...
Thanks for writing my post for me, Ratsky!

Best episode of the season. Best mid season opener.

They're turning The Walking Dead into post apocalyptic Star Wars and I love it. Rebel alliance let's go.

Skab

About Gabriel, did no one see that head pop up from the passenger seat as Gabriel was driving away? I saw it plain as day.

I did. Was pretty obvious if you were looking at the car. Surprised more didn't notice it tbh.

Gabriel obviously has a plan, and has shown to be pretty forward thinking lately (the fake graves he dug.) should be interesting to see what he's up to. I'm actually expecting him to be part of this junkyard group.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Decent enough episode. I loved the car killing scene and Rick's smile at the end.

WTF was up with CGI Tara at the beginning though?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I thought it was a nice season opener, I thought that zombie-chain was extremely goofy though. I am interested to see what this new group will do too.

bitbydeath

Looks like they're still setting up that kid at the kingdom to die.

I bet he is the reason the King changes his mind about fighting the saviours.

dustyherb

Looks like they're still setting up that kid at the kingdom to die.

I bet he is the reason the King changes his mind about fighting the saviours.
Ya I was thinking the same and I really don't want Ben to die so soon. But it would definitely bring Ezekiel and Morgan into the fight.

Epix

Anyone have a screengrab of the CGI characters that people are mentioning? I didn't notice any and I usually notice that stuff.

LQX

They need to stop dragging these fucking episodes or make the show longer. So many of these episodes seemingly go no fucking where. Not saying every episode needs to be action filled but damn near 1 hour of trying change minds.

Got

Banned
They need to stop dragging these fucking episodes or make the show longer. So many of these episodes seemingly go no fucking where. Not saying every episode needs to be action filled but damn near 1 hour of trying change minds.

so many in here are so thirsty for quality tv that they suckle at this slow ass episodes teat for salvation. this show is a slow moving trash heap, lol

Great episode. One of the coolest gags they've ever done. Nicotero is a genius and this episode further proves that when he directs you know it's going to be a good episode.

Haha was that really JDM on the walkie talkie? Like someone trying to sound like Negan but it was just "off". Anyway, I thought it was a solid episode. For some reason that rock story that Rick told was one of my favorite bits. Rick sounded so sincere.

Great episode, but a couple of things kind of bothered me. Tara is the first to go over and hug Morgan, but the episode where they're trapped in the house and the wolf is tied up in the basement is the only other time I remember them interacting. Also Carl and Tara were surrounded by walkers when they got in the car, and then they had to roll the windows up and not a single walker reached into the car. It also looked like a walker shut the door for him when Rick got into the car.

Surfinn

This was a solid building episode. They're still doing set up but it didn't feel wasted. Rick's story for Ezekiel was really a great moment, wish they'd do more of that kind of stuff.

This episode benefited GREATLY from having the mains together, working towards a common goal, and interacting pretty seamlessly.

I can forgive some of the silliness when they're able to string together solid scenes/editing and decent acting.

Here's hoping to no spin outs.

Top Bottom